HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:16  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 18:07

Rules:
======
There are three threads, The Vote Thread, The Game Thread, and The Story Thread. Each has its own rules...

The Vote Thread
===============
1. You must post a vote every turn. You are allowed to vote 'no lynch' or 'null' but you must have that entered officially.

2. You must NEVER delete evidence of a vote. Only the last vote for the day will count, the rest are only for historical purposes. The votes must be in the following format:

Day One:
--------
Vote One: Player Name
Vote Two: Null
Vote Three: Player Name

Day Two:
--------
Vote One: Player Name

The Game Thread
===============
1. NEVER edit any posts in the game thread. We will overlook spelling errors and the like.

2. NO posting in the thread during night phases.

3. Dead men tell no tales. Simple as that.

4. ONLY MAFIA are allowed to converse outside of the thread. Everything else must be in thread.

PENALTIES:
----------
First Offense: ModProd
Second Offense: ModKill (potentially)

The Story Thread
================
1. Only I am allowed to post in this thread.

2. The storyline does NOT provide clues as to the roles of a person still alive, EVER.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Player List This Round:
-----------------------
1. tarim
2. chunky50
3. Renno - dead (Townie)
4. Corflu
5. Sanshiro Sugata
6. mwmoss-dead (Detective)
7. kong-dead (Mafia)
8. Sage-dead (Mafia)
9. The Biscuit
10. darkguy00000
11. Nebuchadnezer-dead (Mason)
12. gueritol
13. Coopels
14. Bud_Chevy
15. Wasteland

Last Edited : Tuesday, 6 February 2007 - 20:11

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 18:33

Game Set Up:
------------

4 Mafia (Ryders)
6 Town (Falcs)
1 Doctor (Free Clinic Worker)
1 Detective (Social Worker)
1 Vigilante (Rogue Cop)
2 Masons (Falc Leaders)

The mafia, town, doctor and detective are all pretty self explanatory.

The vigalante gets ONE night kill and when he uses it, he becomes a regular town.

The masons are like a 'good' mafia. They are two town players who know each other are town and can talk during the night phases. (Much like mafia.)

Note: 4 Mafia is a lot of mafia, but I hope that the Masons and Vigalante offset this .

Roles to be sent out shortly.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 18:50

Roles are out, and double checked. Ready, set, .. .. oh you know....

GO!!!!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 19:14

Oh COME ON!

This is my tenth game of mafia on WoL and guess what? For the EIGTH time I'm town. Fantastic. Even when I had a 9/15 chance, a 60% CHANCE, I still manage to get town. Greeeeaaattt...

Now that I'm done being angry at chance, what's our game plan for today?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 19:22

4 Mafia!!! Are f'in serious? Good news is our chances of picking a mafia on day one are highly increased...but 4?!?!

So, I understand mafia, detective, vigilante, and doc...but masons? Interesting to see how those people help or hurt the town.

Here's a thought on how they could help by coming out...We would know 2 town for sure. Detective would not waste an investigation on them. It narrows down our suspects for mafia. Downside is mafia gets an easy kill.

If they stay hidden the benefits are...the mafia cannot hit them easily. That's about it, I think.

We should have some discussion on if masons should come out or not.

Now, I haven't seen Sage post yet, but do we follow his plan? I would nominate his plan, but apply it to The Biscuit. He seems to be our best asset as a townie, and by far a terrible mafia to have. So detective investigates Biscuit, doc saves him, and we are all happy day 2.

Okay, that's all for my opening statements...

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 19:36

I still think the detective should investigate me, but I don't think it's neccessary for the doctor to protect me...I'm not perceived as as much of an asset to the town as I used to be.

Still, if the detective doesn't investigate me, you guys are bound to lynch me out of paranoia, and that'd be bad for the town.

I'll try to put in more effort this game, but I predict I may get a bit apathetic again.

I don't think Biscuit is that good of a townie...I wasn't impressed with him before. But he does consistently make me paranoid, so if you guys don't want to investigate me, Biscuit would be a good choice.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 19:41

Funny you should mention this, Neb. That is exactly what I was thinking too! Yes, once again I am a townie. I'm beginning to feel DG's pain, except I did get to be mafia once, or "Prophet" as Sage called it (and won!). Anyway, let's do the Sage plan on me. Doc protects me, and the detective investigates me. And the detective stays quiet when he finds I am truly a townie, but if he finds I'm not, then you all lynch me!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 19:57

Darkguy, don't claim town, it's bad for the town; let the mafia wonder if you're a special role or not. Everyone should claim town now.

The biscuit, same goes for you...bad biscuit! Expected such behavior out of darkguy, but with you it makes me suspicious. Could it be that you're mafia, trying to play yourself off as a bored townie?

The biggest thing we need to do is just be patient today and think about our lynch before we make it. I actually /can/ be a good townie if i'm given time to think and examine the evidence. Very often, such time is not available.

Eh...moderator...what kind of time limits are we looking at for our days?

~~Sage~~

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:04

No deadlines. They benefit the mafia over much.

Majority ends the day.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:06

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:14

Sage, I've always claimed to be townie in every game up front because I always am townie. The only game I didn't claim to be townie up front was the only game I wasn't. Interestingly, no one seemed to notice either!

Also, I think people generally like your plan, but I think it should be ok to let others have the starring role from time to time. Besides, I think I've had a pretty good track record in ferreting out the mafia.

So if you don't mind, I'd like to take the center position this time and let the doc/detective protect/investigate me.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:17

One thing I noticed.

We have 11 pro-town members, and 4 mafia. I'm going to look at our worst case scenario, with all wrong lynches.

End of Day 1: 10 town, 4 mafia
End of Night 1: 9 town, 4 mafia

End of Day 2: 8 town, 4 mafia
End of Night 2: 7 town, 4 mafia

End of Day 3: 6 town, 4 mafia
End of Night 3: 5 town, 4 mafia

Note: If the vigilante uses his kill and MISSES, the game ends if we get it wrong day 3, because we'd be at 4 town, 4 mafia. If the vigilante saves his kill, we have AT MINIMUM three wrong lynches to use.

I propose that the vigilante saves his kill until (A. He is 100% sure or (B. We have already lynched a mafia. Once we are down to 3 mafia, a wrong kill won't have as much of an effect. But as long as there are four mafia, we're on a ledge.

Your thoughts, everyone?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:20

==================

NOT A MOD NOTE:

It feels really weird to watch a day one unfold without Oblivion drool all over it...

==================

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 20:21

The doctor should probably protect you, Biscuit, since the mafia probably doesn't see me as that big of a threat anymore.

Hell, if you guys don't want to investigate me, that's fine...just please try and listen to me and let me defend myself if I come under suspicion.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 21:29

4 posts already, Sage, eh?

Well, I think we go with the Biscuit on night one.

Here's a proposal to you...should we lay out a planned investigation of people for the detective to follow? That way, we know who he has investigated, and we can be sure of a player's innocence until the detective speaks up?

It would take a lot of guess work out of the equation when the detective gets killed without saying anything. And it would also make the mafia sweat when they see their name on the list.

I do want to hear what people think of these Masons? Are they really any help to the town? They can only talk to each other it seems. We would know two safe townies, but so would the mafia...

Neb

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 21:47

this is a big game

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 22:31

Oh, I forgot (as did everyone else)...

Let's lynch Coopels on day 1!

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 23:05

hey can I get on that investigated list day 2? I'm not a town I'm a falc

Since everyone was so sure I was mafia last game and I don't intend on changing any I'd like to be investigated asap.

good idea on coop neb he's sneaky. I like the list idea as it keeps the detective safe until he makes a hit. Until then, about your idea of the masons neb. They can talk to each other...so no need for both to come out only 1 needs to and let the doc keep him medicated.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 23:31

Once someone's a confirmed innocent, wouldn't the mafia just kill them?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 24 January 2007 - 23:58

Yes, Sage, they would...now! Remember, some of our mafia aren't that bright...but let's look at the options, and just put it out there for them.

If the two mason people come forward, they would be known innocents. This would leave the town to go after others for the lynch. The downside is that now the mafia also narrows down their night kill on who the detective and doctor are. So, they could either take out the known innocents, or ignore those two and try to get a more important role. It's a tough choice, because if they miss an important role, they will leave the 2 masons and Biscuit as innocents. Then the mafia has to really make choices on who to go for, as the more times they miss the detective, the more people will be cleared on the detective's list.

So, do they kill the known innocents? Or do they try to save themselves from being discovered? It puts the mafia at a disadvantage, I would think...unless they get lucky.

If mafia keeps guessing wrong, there will be a point where they lose, based on the number of people investigated, and the number of special roles left.

So, let's get a list together of who is to be investigated, stick to that, and hope the doc and detective live. Once the detective finds a mafia, he comes out. The doc protects him, and again, the mafia must make a choice. Try to find the doc, or kill the known innocents?

Remember, the mafia want as many unknowns as possible, so that they can point fingers and lead lynches against the townies that drool all over themselves. The less unknowns there are, the less places for the mafia to hide.

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 25 January 2007 - 00:14

You're assuming the mafia is stupid. With the number of veterans we have in the game, I'm willing to bet anything that at least ONE member of our four member mafia knows what they're doing.

In fact, I'm placing my finger of suspicion on you, Neb. Its possible that you're that smart mafia member who was hoping we'd walk into that trap.

As for the masons, they should stay hidden...unless they're about to get lynched. Then their buddy can confirm them. Later in the game, when it's more advantegous, we can have the masons come out. For now, there'd still be plentiful unknowns to make us all drool on ourselves.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap