HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 14:13  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 15:42

Wow! Things really do change fast around here. When I last checked, I wasn't a major suspect. Now I'm only a few votes from lynch?

I hate you all. You're right about one thing...I'm not town. That's why I've been playing differently.

Do you have so little faith in me that you'd think mafia-sage would play so sloppily? I'm pro-town all the way. I'm the detective. I played down my importance in hopes that the mafia would think I was a lame duck, so we wouldn't have to tie up the doctor protecting me.

I guess it's my fault...I did play suspiciously, I suppose.

Coopels, you've just moved way up my list of suspicion. Going from the kong bandwagon to the Sage bandwagon so quickly suggests you don't care who dies, as long as it's not one of your own.

Changing vote to Coopels. Please, everyone else, unvote me. If you missed it above, I'm the DETECTIVE.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 15:50

Omigod. If Sage is mafia like I suspect he is, then we do not want the real detective to counter-claim and thus give the mafia a real target to go after tonight. Sage is certainly making this interesting.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 15:52

Well if this is not belived or not.
I'm a lowly townie ... minimum wage, 12 kids a wife, and all my in-laws living under the same roof.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 15:55

Changing vote to Biscuit.

You don't keep your vote on somebody after they claim detective, you just don't. If I'm not the real detective, I'll get counterclaimed. Until then, why don't you accept what I'm saying before the mafia pile on me and lynch me REGARDLESS of just having come out as detective?

They could do it, you know. Unvote, take time for the situation to unfold completely. Keeping your vote on the detective is irresponsible at best and mafia behavior at worst.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:00

well with this information then i'm obviously not going to vote for sage our detective. *sigh* acting differently made you suspicious, who knew that it would cause such a problem for us all now. I guess i'm just lost in this game, since i seemingly was wrong about kong and i was definitly wrong about Sage. For now i'm going to re-evalute all of my assumptions and try to make some sense from my confusion by rereading all of the posts. For now i'm just going to unvote, i have no clue who's mafia now or not.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:08

The thing is Sage...I just don't buy that you are detective. If someone needs to counter-claim to prove it, then so be it, the doctor will just have to protect him. If you were really detective, then there was no reason for you not to follow your own townie plan from a few games ago. You, as a townie, could be trusted to follow thru with the plan and investigate me and all would be well, as much as it can be in the type of game. You are more dangerous as a mafia than a townie. Of course, I may be wrong, but reading thru all the posts, my gut instinct says you are mafia. And this claiming of detective would be an excellent mafia trick if you knew you were about to die anyway.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:22

I've already explain half a dozen times why I didn't want to follow that plan. That plan is only worthwhile when you have a player who is invaluable as a townie and deadly as a mafia. I do not consider you invaluable as a townie...and not quite COMPLETELY deadly as mafia. I have other people I'm more curious about than you.

How can you get that instinct from reading through my posts? Check my language. First of all, I think on more than one occassion I said "I reject that plan" rather than "I encourage the detective to reject that plan." I kept telling you guys "I think the detective is smart enough to handle this." or "I think we should trust the detective." Would I have said those things if I didn't know the detective was smart or trustworthy?

Are you telling me that ANY counterclaim will be more believable than my claim? Why is that?

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:23

Well, I'm off Sage (way off, it seems) unless there is a counterclaim.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:33

Changed my vote to corflu!

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:41

Fine, Sage gets what he wants. I was going to try and be canny and try to simply say in no uncertain terms that Sage is lying. He wants the Detective to reveal himself, but I think that knowing Sage is mafia and that we can off him right now more than makes up for it.

I AM THE DETECTIVE.

I will even go farthur and say that this means AT LEAST one of the following are mafia: Tarim, Coopels, Gueritol. I want this post out there quick, so please read my next post as well.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:52

So, what will happen next. Well, possibly another mafia will also claim to be the Detective. THEY ARE NOT.

I do hope the Doc protects me, because I will be offed tonight if the mafia think they can get me.

I WILL be investigating Buiscut tonight. Why? Because knowing Sage and Buscuit it is entirely possible that they cooked up a plan to draw suspicion away from Buscuit and then try to get me to declare. I want to make sure about Buscuit.

AT LEAST one of the people who were voting for Sage before he made this spurilous claim had to be mafia. It is easily conceivable that Sage requested at least one of his pals to vote for him to try to alleviate suspicion.

As always, use your own judgements. I honestly believe Sage did this because he knows that it will cause disention and discord as much as let the Mafia know who the detective is.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 16:58

Also, looking really quick, both Buscuit and Bud_Chevy are voting for Sage as of this post and either have not had a chance to change thier vote or are not going to. So that adds both Buscuit and Bud_Chevy to the list that includes at least one mafia and probably two. With so many votes needed to lynch, Sage would definitely have a couple of the mafia vote for him knowing they could back off or pull this stunt.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 17:14

I noticed Bud and Buiscuit hadn't changed off Sage, when I unvoted 40 minutes ago. I don't think they've been online.

Having you down for town and Sage up for mafia for a good while, I'm more than willing to believe you moss.
I initially added the "unless there is a counterclaim" in my last post in the hope of catching a mafia stupid enough to give it a go. Currently I think that Sage is a mafia who had his last card to play, and well done to him for causing you to come out of the shadows. Now let's lynch the *******!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 17:21

Bear in mind also that Neb and Sanshiro at no time were voting for Sage. Moss, I'd think it far wiser to shadow these two than players that wanted Sage out.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 18:07

Wow, what a turn of events!

So much for a plan now. I'm not sure at the moment who to believe...Sage or mwmoss. I'm going to check out the votes and come back in a minute with my post.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 18:57

Okay. Here are the options...

Lynch Sage - he's the detective. the vigilante nightkills mwmoss, and tarim is also mafia.

Lynch mwmoss - he's the detective. the vigilante nightkills Sage, and Biscuit is most likely mafia.

Did the mafia forget about the vigilante when trying to make this claim/counterclaim? haha...dummies!

Now as to which one to believe...

Sage - He made numerous referrals in his posts that lead me to believe that he is the detective (that was the voice in the back of my head)...but, what this part of his plan? Or did he just drooling on himself while trying to conceal his identity.

mwmoss - I have to reread his posts, but part of me wonders why he would make a false counterclaim. It would just be too stupid to do if he was mafia...and also exposing his buddy tarim in the process. Which would mean that tarim is incredibly stupid and has no idea how this game works. From playing last game with him, he's not that stupid...I think.

Also, I think back to when I counterclaimed the detective...I was the second one to come out...and I was mafia. Is mafia simply reacting (mwmoss), or was mafia trying to expose mwmoss (Sage)? Either way, I think Sage would do this gamble if it meant exposing the detective, since there are 3 other mafia, who are cleverly hiding yet.

Ach...I have to believe Moss on this one.

REMEMBER! IF SAGE IS THE DETECTIVE, THE VIGILANTE MUST NIGHTKILL MWMOSS!

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 19:24

A couple of points in my favor:

(1. If I was mafia, it wouldn't make sense for me to be the one to sacrifice myself. I would allow one of my less talented cohorts take the fall.

(2. That appears exactly like what is happening here. I suspect that mwmoss is the "least" of the mafia, so they picked him to counterclaim me.

(3. Look at the post I made on January 24th at 19:57. Right there, on page on, I'm dropping the hint that I'm the detective. In fact, I hinted all over the place hoping you guys would get it and leave me alone.

My post:

Darkguy, don't claim town, it's bad for the town; let the mafia wonder if you're a special role or not. Everyone should claim town now.

The biscuit, same goes for you...bad biscuit! Expected such behavior out of darkguy, but with you it makes me suspicious. Could it be that you're mafia, trying to play yourself off as a bored townie?

The biggest thing we need to do is just be patient today and think about our lynch before we make it. I actually /can/ be a good townie if i'm given time to think and examine the evidence. Very often, such time is not available.

Eh...moderator...what kind of time limits are we looking at for our days?

~~Sage~~

Now look at the first word of every sentence

Darkguy
Everyone
The
Expected
Could
The
I
Very
Eh...

~Sage~

Spelling out Detective Sage! I laid that trap early on because I figured if I had to claim, I wanted to be SURE the counterclaim failed. This is good, very good! Mwmoss may be the "least" of the mafia, I suspect, but at least we got one!

Neb, your plan of using the vigilante is good. The vigilante is best used when he's 100% SURE. And I don't think we're going to get another 100% sure shot. It's still crucial that I survive the day. Don't allow a cheap counterclaim to kill off your detective.

If I was the one counter-claiming, I could understand the suspicion. But I made the original claim, damnit! I'm the one who has a history of playing like the detective! You've all admitted I'm playing different from when I'm mafia...you can't seriously consider both claims to be of equal weight.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 19:24

Thank you Neb! This will be my last post until a lynch is decided upon unless I am asked to answer anything specific. I can point out all kinds of things, talking about how I did this or Sage did that. In the end, its all fluff and designed to confuse, which is what the mafia wants and I will not continue to do. Sage's actions definitely have a new look to them, as do mine most likely, now. As you read my past posts I will say that my intentions were to support a plan and be involved while trying to keep the mafia from either figuring out I am the detective by saying to much or to have them randomly pick me as thier target. I again ask everyone to consider carefully everything I have said and point out that really nothing I, Sage, or, at this point, Biscuit have to say from now on really means anything. I also reiterate my pledge to investigate Buscuit in the night, so that will either reasure him or make him sweat. Yes Tarim, there might be people who I might think there is better reason to suspect mafia, like Sanchiro. However, either Biscuit is completely innocent (my feeling!) or he is in it up to his eyeballs.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 19:27

Another point in my favor: a real detective would fight his hardest to keep the town from lynching him. Mwmoss, on the other hand, is taking a false "I don't care" stance and saying he won't post.

I can go back and point out half a dozen instances or more where my play would make sense were I detective. That can't be said about moss.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 19:39

HAHAHA! He spelled out DETECTIVE! WTF! You have me cracking up Sage...who the heck would ever think to do that? You seem to be way to smart for your own good...

Oh man...Sage your arguements and evidence seem all too contrived. C'mon...you spelled out detective in your first post so that you could use it later? Genius, or covering your mafia butt?

How can I believe that the mafia is that stupid? Rereading this, if moss is mafia, then tarim and Biscuit are mafia also. There is no way to question those two. Why would they all throw themselves on the same pile?

My gut told me that Sage was detective earlier...he does have the evidence in his posts...but that can be so planned out. You two have me in a quandry for sure...and the mafia one must be grinning ear to ear...

Neb

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap