HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 16:16  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 15:20

This is not really a game post, but more of a rules question/comment. I think what people mean, Sanchiro, is that if you get 8 votes (since there are 15 people alive) on anyone the day ends right then. (Or rather as soon as Oblivion realizes there are 8 votes on one person.) If Oblivion decides we have been dithering around long enough and sets a deadline, the person lynched is the person with the most votes at that time. If I am wrong about this, please let me know someone.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 15:22

Sans.. I think it's you who does not understand the rules.. We need a MAJORITY to end the day.. That means we need 8 votes for ONE person..
other wise we would have ended this a long time ago...So your vote IS important.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 15:24

posted above while moss was posting as well.. It's my understanding as well that we have to have 8 votes for one person to end the day.. or a majority on one person to lynch by the deadline.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 16:01

I've been asleep the last nine hours and everytime I wake up you guys have posted another two pages! Soon I'll have school (17:00 game time to 00:10 game time) but from then on I can post freely.

So Sage is only one vote away from being lynched :S

What that proves is that the three people not voting are not mafia (me, kong, gueritol). If we WERE, we'd kill the detective, yay we've killed a power player and a crucial role at the same time.

I agree. We need a deadline. I still can't pick anything between mwmoss and Sage, on one hand, Sages' argument is more convincing but on the other hand, it's typical mafia ploy to claim when just about to die.

So... I'm still not going to vote until AT LEAST this afternoon, when some more conversation has taken place here.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 16:12

Dang! Biscuit is as good as Sage! Okay, I switch again! Can you tell I'm torn on this one? Why am I switching again? The direction of the wind changed...

Neb

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 16:12

I think the deadline is completely at the discretion of the game's moderator. He can set it up any time he wants. It's far better to have a decent story intertwined with the voting and people's posts than just let it hang. It's better when you have a majority vote for one person or even just a majority of the players to vote. However, in this case/game, I think the first day arguments have been WWWAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY...... too long and exhausted, and regardless of how many votes we have and for who... the deadline should be set.

@wm-wuss - it's Sanshiro!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 16:16

I don't know how to explain this to you guys. Yes, a mafia might fake-claim if he's about to be killed. But that's ALSO what a detective would do! I don't get how you can condemn me based on the fact that I want the detective (myself) to survive.

Notice how the players who better know my playstyle (Neb, Coopels, etc...) understand my motivation for claiming detective. It's not something Sage-mafia would do!

Another thing Sage-mafia wouldn't do: beg. Please don't kill me. I really want to see the town win this one, and while I think you can still win with me dead (we know one mafia for sure, and hints towards the others) it'd be a lot more effective to let me investigate Biscuit and Tarim.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 16:18

Oh, nevermind, that's eight votes for me. I'm dead.

I could try to exploit the "Oblivion isn't signed online yet" loophole, but that's against the spirit of the game. I'm dead.

I didn't lie to you guys.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 17:07

i still only see 7 Sage

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 17:15

I counted 7...now I count 6! I should just not log on anymore, as whoever has made the last arguement is who I agree with...

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 17:40

Okay guys. Three things.

1. I hurt myself really bad yesterday... My neck... not like death or maimed bad.. but I am in need of a day or two to get better. Frankly.. I haven't read all of the posted.. simply skimmed and this leads me to my next two points.

2. I will NOT set a deadline, as that helps only mafia. Day will end at a majority votes. Sadly, I wasn't able to be online most of the day, so I missed one if there were such a majority. I trust you guys with the honor system. If there are 8 votes, stop voting.

3. Please do not bicker about how I mod. I have a personal issue at the moment, and the story will be to die for, don't you worry. I haven't forgotten about you all, I'm simply indisposed for a bit. And a 12 page day one is great.. Don't ruin the game play with jibes at me.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:20

Okay...seriously, did anyone see 8 votes against Sage? Even counting my vote against him in the vote history would only give him 7 at his high point. But if there was 8, there was 8. And since Coopels stated he only saw 7, I must believe Sage miscounted...oooooooorrrrrrrrrr...IT'S ANOTHER MAFIA TACTIC!!!!

Ahhh!!! Run for the hills!

Neb

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:22

Couldn't have been 8...

15 players - 3 non voters = 12 votes.

If there were 8 on Sage, that would mean only 4 on moss, and I don't think that ever happened either.

So, 2 more players come and vote moss and we'll call it a day.

Neb

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:25

Dark posted that there was only one vote away and i think when Neb switched again, Sage probably just assumed dark could count.

I'm almost positive it never went to 8.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:30

Post tomorrow morning. UK time. Sorry guys.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:32

Yes, I think Dark can't count...along with the fact that he can't vote...makes him utterly useless! Dark, go sit in the corner with kong and Chunky and drool all over yourself. I'm not sure what more you could hope to gain from more posting...now it's starting to be the same arguements over and over.

I don't get how anyone can be so sure of which one is the detective. Biscuit, and tarim seem hell-bent that it's Moss. Coopels and Bud seem hell-bent that it's Sage. Here's the odd part...there were 7 votes on Sage. Why didn't the mafia put the final one on him? Why wouldn't they get rid of the detective? Of course, I did switch quite a few times today, so maybe they never saw it. Even so, there are 6 on each of them. Mafia has a chance to take out the detective and they still can't pull the trigger...cowards!

Neb

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:40

I'm only almost certain now that Sage is the detective because of that reason Neb. When all this claiming and counterclaim first happened i was at least as confused as you seem to be. I couldn't make up my mind until i realized that both Tarim and Biscuit support mwmoss 100% without any reserve and without any real proof. It just doesn't make sense that they'd do that unless they were trying to get Sage lynched no matter what. The more they post, the more sure i get that Biscuit, Tarim, and mwmoss are mafia. As you said Neb, there were at least 6 votes on Sage and 7 when you switched so that probably means that the mafia were probably already voting for Sage under the assumption that Sage is the actual detective.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:58

There are two possibilities, Neb, which could apply in either scenario: Moss mafia, or Sage mafia.

Possibility #1: The mafia already have three of the four votes on the real detective, and can't hammer until number seven is placed. This makes the most sense if I'm the real detective, as we already have a sort of idea who those three votes might be: Moss, Biscuit, and Tarim

Possibility #2: The mafia only have two of their four votes on me, but suspect that piling on two votes at the same time would be like spotlighting themselves. This makes more sense if I'm mafia, because there are only two "steadfast" supporters of me: Coopels and Bud.

There are, of course, other scenarios...but I find it highly unlikely that the mafia only has one vote on me at the moment. It's possible that the last mafia member is Chunky, and they can't get him to figure out how to vote.

Note: Just because I named names in my mentioned scenario's doesn't mean those people are automatically mafia if A or B happens. I just find them most likely at the moment.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 18:59

Mistake in the above post. Possibility #2 should read "They only have two of their four votes on MWMOSS."

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 19:06

@ Sanshiro: After rereading all of your posts after the debate started it seems that you suspect Corflu above anyone else... no matter what. Only after you were called out to vote either Sage or mwmoss did you change your vote to Sage. The strangest thing in my mind is why you choose Sage over mwmoss because of mwmoss' post. Mwmoss seems completly calm and collected in all of his posts and that adds to his credability in my opinion, but that's not why i think he's mafia. The reason i'm convinced he's mafia is because of Tarim's and Biscuit's posts that perfectly compliment mwmoss and give him unwaivering support.

Seemingly you suspected Biscuit a lot before mwmoss changed your mind and yet you vote with Biscuit. It doesn't make sense to me for you to follow Biscuit because I'm pretty sure you believe Biscuit is mafia as i do. In fact I hope that should Sage survive and is the detective that he investigates Biscuit just to make sure. I think Biscuit knows this though and that's why he is unwilling to change his position one bit otherwise he might have to face the detective's gaze.

Even if i'm completly wrong in all of my suspicions and feelings and mwmoss is actually the detective, then the vigilante can still kill Sage at night so his impact will be lessened greatly.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap