HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:30  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 13:54

1. tarim - Salt of the Earth.
2. chunky50 - No posts, who knows??
3. Corflu - poss townie/ very cool mafia
4. Sanshiro Sugata (Mason)
5. The Biscuit (Vigilante -ties in with early disapproval of kong)
6. darkguy00000 - poss mafia
7. gueritol - quiet, poss mafia
8. Coopels - poss mafia/hoodwinked by Sage
9. Bud_Chevy - poss mafia
10. Wasteland - poss townie

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 15:25

Here's my new updated list:

Townie:
darkguy00000
tarim
The Biscuit
Sanshiro
Bud_Chevy

Mafia:
Wasteland - pushing too hard for Coopels lynch

Unsure:
Coopels - i think townie
Chunky50 - who knows?
Corflu - he's gotten better at this game
Gueritol - probable townie

Coopels is either really good at mafia, or he just genuinely gave Sage to much faith because of their clan affiliation.

Chunky could go either way. Maybe we should just lynch him because even as a townie, he isn't helping us.

Normally I can read Corflu pretty well because I know him so well, but this game he's taken a diffferent approach. I just don't have a vibe one way or the other.

Gueritol and Wasteland are interesting. They are the only two on the list of unsure's that voted for Sage. I firmly believe that Sage would have had one of the mafia vote for Sage for safety purposes. So one of these two are mafia. Between these two, Gueritol strikes me as a tad more townie. Indeed, Wasteland had a suspicious vote change (i talked about in an earlier post on page 18) and also I didn't like his statement "It's been said before that is a mafia-like move, a last-ditch effort to save ones self." It's been said??? Only Sage has said that and he was mafia. The last three times a person has voted himself out, there were always townie! This statement flies in the face of facts.

So while I'm not totally positive (are we ever?), my hunch is that Wasteland is mafia and deserves to be lynched. If he turns out to be townie, then it must be Gueritol.

There you go Wasteland, you asked for my suspicions list, and now you got. Too bad you are high up on it!

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 15:36

chunky isn't doing anythingg to help, but he sure did help lynch mwmoss. In fact that has been his only action so far in this game. To me it's likely he's a silent mafia who was told what to do in the game.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 15:54

Coop, you need to remove the vote from yourself. There is still a chance we can move in a different direction and win this game.

I also stated before moss got my vote that chunky has also done NOTHING to help the town. His ONLY action was to help take out moss. If we're going to lynch someone I would go for either dark or chunky based on previous actions or inactions.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 15:58

ok i'll remove it for now. One intersting thing though is how quickly a few people jumped at the chance...

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 17:02

Bud raises a good point... I wasn't aware that I was doing that. I guess it's just a natural reaction of me that whenever someone pushes for a lynch, that's called "mafia-ish" behaviour. So I guess I just eventually stopped trying to get bandwagons going for fear of that.

As of this mess we have here, I'm inclined to agree with Biscuit, who seems to be "reading between the lines" more than everybody else, and is, IMO anyway, the best player we have left.

Still, sometimes if you look for hidden meaning too much you might miss the obvious things starinf you right in the face. Not that this has happened, BTW.

Mmmm... Coopels, Wasteland, Bud... I'll vote this afternoon, hopefully when I've got more to go on and time to think. (PS. Afternoon here would be around 2:00 game time I think.)

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 17:03

In response to BC's post, some of those are taken a tad out of context.

Still raises a good point though.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 18:26

Biscuit- Well, I appreciate your thoughts none-the-less, even if I am top of your list!

I haven't had any point the spotlight at me this game yet, but knew it was bound to happen sooner or later...it always does. But it's good to discuss all suspicions as it will either clear an innocent or find a mafia (usually).

Now to address your points against me:

You think that either me or Gueritol are mafia because we “pulled” our vote off Sage. You have already stated this once and I already addressed it on page 19…but for those to lazy to go back, I will cut and paste my initial response:

“Well, it would be nice to see the time when the last vote was made by everyone on day 1, but only the last edit time is shown.

I tend to agree with Biscuit's reasoning, and tend to think that, of everyone left, he is the most certain of being town. I even can see why Biscuit thinks I look suspicious because of pulling my vote. I wish I had left it the way it was, I really do, but like several others, was swayed by Sage in the end.

But I also hope that Biscuit can see the timing of when it went down is what is suspicious. My vote stayed on Sage for TWO days. It seems odd that I make a post saying I'm going to unvote, take a couple of hours to rethink and make a final vote before I go to work, then 3 hours later Bud casts his vote on moss with this tidbit thrown in: "The axe for moss". A perfect way to finish moss off AND cast suspicion elsewhere. I could understand the suspicion if I had been the final vote. You just jumped right to the top of my list with that Bud!”

You fail in your last post to point out that Bud and Coop were two others that had votes for Sage, then pulled them…and also fail to point out that Bud not only pulled his vote off Sage, but gave moss “the axe”. I agree that probably one of the mafia was voting for Sage at one point. There wasn’t enough support for the moss lynch, however, without the one voting Sage having to switch back and vote for moss. That’s why I said Bud jumped to the top of my list. I really don’t think I can say anymore in defense of why I pulled my Sage vote.

On to the “pushing too hard for Coopels lynch”. Lol, you really got me with this one. Where in any of my posts have I been pushing to hard for a Coopels lynch?

I’ve made three posts concerning the game since we lynched Sage…the one from page 19 I pasted above, one on page 20- “I was thinking either Coop or Bud, but want to hear everyone else's thoughts.”, and the other on page 22- “I've thought Bud or Coop, with Sans also being suspicious...but now Sans appears to be in the clear.
Tarim appears to be one of us, and I'm not really getting any feeling one way or the other on Corflu or Darkguy. Chunky appears to be MIA as far as the discussion, but I find it interesting he was following close enough to cast a vote on moss!

I would have gone for Bud next, but it seems like Coop is the pick.”

It’s obvious (at least to me) that I wanted to vote Bud next, so I find it amusing that you think those statements are me pushing too hard for a Cooples lynch.

(cont.)

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 18:26

(cont. from previous post)

As for the “and also I didn't like his statement "It's been said before that is a mafia-like move, a last-ditch effort to save ones self." It's been said??? Only Sage has said that and he was mafia. The last three times a person has voted himself out, there were always townie! This statement flies in the face of facts.”

I’ve played mafia six or seven times, and am sure that someone other than Sage has said this before. I don’t write down everyone who said this or that, so if Sage is the only one to say it I’ll have to take your word for it. I’m sure he also stated it in a game he wasn’t playing mafia. But I find it odd that you omitted the entire statement I made just to prove your point. My original comment was:

“It's been said before that is a mafia-like move, a last-ditch effort to save ones self, but it didn't hold true when mwmoss voted himself. Coop may have just given up after being 'taken' by Sage, but at this point I guess he is the best pick and I will cast my vote for him.”

I’m voting for Coop because he already had 2 or 3 votes on him when I voted and he was on my suspects list…along with Bud, who was my preferred vote.

Well, I’ve done what I can to alleviate your suspicions against me…I can’t think of anything more to say in my defense.

If you guys need to lynch me to further the towns cause, go ahead. That will give us 8 of us in the morning (unless doc gets lucky), with 2 known townies. Even if you lynch wrong again tomorrow, the next day will be six left, 2 known, with only 2 mafia left. The odds are definitely in our favor!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 05:46

I'm back to voting Bud.

Coopels 1st day voting pattern does appear akin to someone trying to make up their mind whereas Bud's votes make far more entertaining reading.

Biscuit, I think you're looking the wrong way as far as Wasteland's concerned. In fact, forcing square pegs into round holes is the sort of thing that can get you lynched around here.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 06:27

I'm trying to make tour life easier, and still you choose to make things complex.

I'm townie ... have not claimed anything else since we started.

I'm just looking not to get my middle-class butt killed by the organized mafia lead by Mr. Coopels

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 07:21

Lots to read and somewhat undecided, but thought I would post my few thoughts. I am positive Biscuit and Sanshiro are town per their actions and now their revealed roles.

Biscuit says “Coopels is either really good at mafia, or he just genuinely gave Sage to much faith because of their clan affiliation.”. There are just too many “facts” for me against Coopels. The mwmoss push, the declaration by Neb that he is high on his list and Neb dies via mafia, and that he is smart (one of the 4 vets)! So smart that the old “I’ll vote for myself” thing was done early. In all other times a townie did it it done towards the end of a vote. My "vote from the grave" for Neb is still with him unless something better develops.

Townie:
Biscuit
Sanshiro
Corflu
Tarim – I really felt he was a mafia last game and he was. Just a good feeling he is not mafia here.

Pretty Sure:
Coopels – The facts are too strong for me.

Unsure:
Bud_Chevy – Probable mafia, but don’t know him well enough.
darkguy - Suspicious, but hard to read.
Wasteland – Posting more than I saw before. More time for the game and interested or is there a reason?
Chunky50 – Damn it, we need to resolve this one!
Gueritol – My gut said mafia early but now my gut says townie. I better take some Pepto Bismol or something, my gut hurts too much with him. Must be that extra spicy Burrito!

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 10:20

LYNCH DEADLINE LIFTED...there seems to be good posting going on. I don't want to ruin that by enforcing a deadline...talk on my little puppets!

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 13:13

Corflu, if you remember when we were mafia together in fast food I always pushed for the people that didn't link to us as mafia for the night kill. For me to be mafia and night kill a guy who just blatenly said i'm almost positive Coopels is mafia. It just doesn't make sense. Any reasonable person would not make a night kill such as that if only to implicate himself in the process. It seems more likely to me that Neb died because he was a loose card and by his last statements the mafia could throw suspicion elsewhere.

I voted for myself because i honestly was disappointed at being manipulated by Sage so easily and since i had been, i thought i'd be lynched rather quickly. Due to that thinking i was thinking i might as well expediate the process.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 15:26

I also find this interesting...from Bud to Coop:

"Coop, you need to remove the vote from yourself. There is still a chance we can move in a different direction and win this game."

Is that one mafia talking to another one? Hmmm.....

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 17:00

Well, let's lynch Bud and find out.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Friday, 9 February 2007 - 22:46

Waste and Tarim need to go back to what I posted earlier.. If Coop and I were the only two mafia left do really think that I would be stupid enough publicly join on his bandwagon. If he or I get lynched and one of us turns out to be mafia we just handed the game over to the town.

I could only wish that the 2 remaining mafia were that ignorant. It would make for an easy win for the town.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Saturday, 10 February 2007 - 07:59

Bud- You do make a valid point, but it only cements the feeling I've had about you since you pulled your vote off Sage and put the final vote on moss. I definitely don't think your stupid...but I think you are playing very similar to the way you played last game as mafia.

I think either you or Coop are mafia, but since the Sage/moss fiasco I've been leaning more towards you for the reasons I've already stated. I think it's possible that you hope Coop gets lynched, is a townie, and because you've been his pillar of support, you'll be in the clear. But that ploy only works if Coop does get lynched...and Coop is a townie. If your mafia, you'd already know that, wouldn't you?

For that reasoning, I'll change my vote to you instead. I do feel strongly that you'll turn up mafia, but if you don't, then I'll have to do some serious rethinking because that will mean the mafia has me totally and utterly confused.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Saturday, 10 February 2007 - 09:00

Well Wasteland just like last game you are totally and utterly confused. Feel free to try and get enough support to lynch me. Because I will turn up town and It will only turn up the suspicion that Biscuit and I have of you that you are mafia.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Sunday, 11 February 2007 - 05:24

Yeah, Bud. Don't take it personally if we lynch you. You're the most suspicious player to me...except for Chunky, by default.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap