HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:03  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 07:08

Coopels, you are wrong and you keep on banging on about this unwavering support for moss over Sage. I've unvoted him twice, even posted my doubts in answer to you previously yet you're still trying to get the votes off Sage by incriminating me (and Biscuit). The more you do this the more I firmly believe you are mafia along with Sage.

Unfortunately I didn't get to post this point of view first, moss did, so what are you going to say now, more of the same?

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 07:54

Moss has been at 7 votes for about 5 hours now. Admittedly, it was nighttime hours...but we'll see what happens as day breaks.

If that last vote doesn't go on him in the next couple of hours, we basically know that either (A. All the mafia are on his bandwagon or (B. He IS mafia.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 07:57

We are coming very close to being swayed by what is so obviously (to me, at least) a very cunning ruse by Sage to root out the Detective and evict him.

Even just voting on the LIKELIHOOD that he or moss is lying focuses one's attention on Sage's plan from the outset.
As I've said, any self respecting Detective would NEVER give themselves away in the game thread like that.

Moss immediately voting for Sage after Sage's false admission and THEN posting his feelings very much holds true to the sense of outrage he must've felt.

Coopels posts further diminish Sage's claim by constantly attacking the two players that are voting Sage (me and Biscuit), and Neb's flip-flopping has helped noone.
In fact, I can go right back to my first post where I point out that Neb and Sage's conversation seems very forced, with Sage even throwing early but half-assed suspicion on Neb.

Voting Sage off is the only course to reason, on this I stand firm, and those that are obfuscating this course of action at the moment are all to likely to be in cahoots with him.
Personally, I don't want to read one more post from Sage because it really is embarrassing squirming drivel. As Shakespeare said: "Forsooth, methinks the lady doth protest too much."

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 08:09

Corflu
Darkguy
Chunky
Kong
Neb
You are being hoodwinked in voting for Moss.
Especially you Neb, you laughed when Sage's revelation came out (because it was laughable) and despite coming to the correct conclusion about him in the thread and voting for him earlier you've changed your mind far too often to moss rather than waiting in no man's land first.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 08:37

What can I say...I drool a lot...Oblivion's drool usually hid mine, but he's not playing this game...

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 08:44

I did see that you unvoted Sage a few times, but you never once spoke out against mwmoss or even considered him to be the mafia. I looked and i couldn't find anything where you consider the possibility that you might be wrong about mwmoss. Even after you unvoted Sage you remarkably decided to vote Sage again in no time at all. My issue wasn't with your voting record, it was because you didn't even consider that you might be wrong. It's fairly easy to unvote and say look i was undecided, i unvoted twice! But without some speculation to back it up it just looked phony to me.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 08:46

That was meant for Tarim, i just forgot to say that in that post.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 09:26

I beleive I am at 8 right now, so we should stop posting until Oblivion can officially end the day. Be sure to kill Sage in the night and lynch Coopels ASAP. Good luck.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 09:34

You can't have it both ways, Tarim. Either you want the detective to be "outraged" or you think he "should not protesteth so much." The fact that your standards contradict themselves is telling.

Could it be you don't want to hear one more post from me because each time I post, it comes closer to killing moss and nailing shut your own coffin, as well?

You'll be dead tomorrow, tarim, one way or the other. Even if I die, you've shown whose side you're on.

Moss: It's only 7 votes. It's been at 7 votes for almost 7 hours now. If you were the real detective, the mafia would have put the hammer vote on you by now.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 09:45

Sage, Moss's outrage was shown by his deeds (ie. voting for you immediately after you lied) rather than his words.
Yours is what I'd call clutching at straws...and again it's here to confuse for just a little longer.

And I just love this; "You'll be dead tomorrow, tarim, one way or the other."...One way or the other? What's the other way then Sage? Eh?
This is the most blatant mafia threat ever. If I've been on the ball all along then I can safely say the chances are the mafia'll off me in the night rather than Biscuit when Sage is proven mafia.

loz
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 09:57

yo guys its me... kong i forgot my old pass so im playin as this... i hope i can still play this round

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 10:11

Tarim, wouldn't outrage manifest itself in both actions AND words? Granted, I forgot to actually VOTE for moss for a while, but give me a break, I had a fever of 102 degrees (39 degrees for you celcius folks) and it slipped my mind. I definitely called him out as mafia immediately, so the intent was there.

What I said wasn't a mafia threat; you're stretching. My "one way or the other" simply meant whether I was lynched today or not.

If I'm lynched today, it will be obvious that moss lied. The vigilante will take him out at night, and you will be lynched tomorrow if the town has any sense.

If I'm NOT lynched today, it will, again, be obvious that moss was lying. Then either the vigilante will take you out during the night, or you'll survive to the next day and be lynched.

Actually, that's something we need to discuss, since it looks like moss is going to get lynched. My original plan was to investigate tarim tonight, then biscuit tomorrow night. However, I'm a lot more sure of Tarim's alignment (mafia) than I am of Biscuits. I think tonight I will investigate The Biscuit, and suggest that the vigilante take out tarim. If they're both mafia, we'll have had a SPECTACULAR first two days.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 10:17

why all of a sudden does chunky come in and try to lay the hammer down on moss?? Mafia ploy or just inexperience with this game??
I have read and re-read the last 5 pages.. When I voted "No freaking idea" I was truly at a 50/50 stance.

You last post makes me nervous sage, but I will end the suspense and go with my first instinct that moss is mafia.

Sorry in advance if were wrong moss.. just means that sage is better at this game than we ever thought

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 10:21

You are right Sage, and just counting now I am at 6. Chunky's inability to edit messed me up and I didn't realize Bud had changed to no vote. I appologize for not ending this day. I had just got to work when I posted at 9:26. Should anyone wish to change thier vote to me I will end the day immediately. I would suggest saying nothing until the deadline gets here and the day ends. Oh, and Bud, MAKE A DECISION by the deadline, either way. What CANNOT happen is this farce going into a second day.

That is one place I disagree with Oblivion, namely that ending a day early helps the Mafia. Ending a day to early does. Allowing an indefinite period for people like Sage to confuse things ad nauseum hurts the town. By now people will have forgotten the initial actions people took right when Sage claimed and I counter claimed. Looking at those actions and reactions in context with what you know of someone allows you to discern what they are.

Listening to Sage as he continues to twist and manipulate is just not worth your time. Anything he says is just so much fluff. I was at 7 votes for a good long while. Sage makes a single, arbitrary statement. This doesn't mean I am mafia, if so he is mafia as well! It means I didn't check the boards until I got to work or that all the mafia are ALREADY voting for me or that all but one mafia are voting for me and, like Sanchiro two games ago, the mafia hopes I will be lynched anyway and one will get away. There are so many possibilities but Sage does not want you to see that. The one key thing to remember is that this is SAGE we are talking about. He is cunning and manipulative and it is not just conceivable, but probable he developed a plan specifically to find me. All the pieces are there. The beauty of his plan is that even if it partially fails and I live he creates so much confusion that he thinks the mafia will win. Look at it this way, if he fails, this game becomes a 13 player game with 3 mafia and the doc tied up eternally until the mafia finds him. It becomes a race. If it completely succeeds, it becomes a 12 player game with 3 mafia and no detective. Both VERY good outcomes. Oh, and he gets the added bonus of sowing confusion. And that is the VERY worst situation caused by him having to pull this stunt early. Can you imagine how devestating this plan would have been had he been able to wait until day 2 or 3 to put forth his false claim? And even MORE of a bonus, had the mafia got lucky and nailed me before his plan went into effect, Sage quietly shelves it and tries it again the next game. Hell, I doubt he even let his mafia buddies in on it until he had to put it in effect so that they wouldn't recognize it if he was able to save it until the next game.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 10:34

That's a really long post, moss. Surprisingly, it's really long and says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You're the one posting "so much fluff." Out of those three massive paragraphs, all I see is the same "Sage in really, really, really good at being mafia!"

Which actually kinda hurts your case. If I was mafia (really, really, really good mafia) I wouldn't come so close to being lynched.

So the fluffball here is you, moss. But I think you can turn off that fluff machine now. You're at eight votes: Coopels, Sage, Corflu, kong, chunky, darkguy, Neb, and Bud. I don't know how you counted six, but it must have been wishful thinking on your part.

Hurray for the town using their brains!

We're in a sort of twilight now...the day is over, but night hasn't quite started yet. Does anybody want to weigh in on my plan to investigate biscuit and vigilante-kill tarim? If you guys have any other ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Obviously, doctor, protect me tonight. What a horrible waste it would be for me to triumph over moss and get nightkilled.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 11:23

Screw you guys, Im gong home

Seriously though, what else could I do Sage? You ARE really really really good at being a mafia and you got the town to kill thier detective. Even the ones who KNOW you are really really really good at being a mafia.

Oh, and when I counted, Bud had not changed his vote back and one other hadn't. Takes awhile to post when at work, have to go back and forth a bit.

As I said before, good luck townies, Sage suckered you again.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 11:30

Sorry, mwmoss, I believed you and I tried. I thought it was very obvious that Sage is mafia and assumed Neb and Coopels would see it too, especially with your counter-claim. If Sage really was detective, mafia would have no need to counter-claim. It's just too obvious to me, but apparently people are willing to believe Sage's drivel versus the actual events that took place and the reality of a claim (when about to be lynched) and the counter-claim (to counteract the mafia lies). Well, perhaps people will now truly understand how good Sage is at mafia and why it's worth killing him off early, mafia or not. But in this case, I am fairly positive he is mafia.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 11:44

Even now Sage is suggesting the Vigilante take me out during night one. H

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 11:50

...Sage, if you were the Detective or at least a townie you'd want the Vigilante to be sure of his hit when he does come out, and if I'm that suspicious then you'd investigate me first.

But you know I'm town and you know you're not the Detective.
This is why you're calling the Vigilante on me.
Can you all please read this and just get a basic grasp of Sages logic which seems to be the more **** he posts the more you ignorant ****ers go to sleep.

Now ****ing wake up and vote Sage off!

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 12:07

Well, I would like to suggest that Sage and moss don't post again...ever.

Vigilante, wait until we can confirm who moss was...then make your decision. Do not tell Oblivion you will kill tarim or Sage, until we find out! I would say do not kill tarim at all...only Sage, if moss is the detective. If moss is mafia, then we can wait on Sage's investigations.

The last post by Sage has me nervous...but only Oblivion can confirm now.

Masons, stay hidden.

Doc, only protect Sage if moss was mafia. If moss was detective, protect some other person...possibly Biscuit or tarim. Good luck, and I hope you save someone.

Sage, you make me feel sad if you are mafia. If you are, I obviously let my judgement be clouded by the 'CoC' next to your name...bad Neb...bad...

Town, we have our list of suspects based on this vote. No matter what happens in the next day or 2, ALWAYS GO BACK TO THIS LIST! In past games, people have forgotten about the initial vote...let's not repeat that mistake.

I'll stop drooling now...I hope.

Neb

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap