HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 17:20  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 26 January 2007 - 21:49

Well, gueritol is constantly on, and posting in other forums. My thought is the mafia is taking the approach I eluded to in the last game...keeping one mafia silent no matter what.

I'm voting for gueritol.

Neb

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Friday, 26 January 2007 - 22:12

I tend to agree with Neb due to the logins and it has bothered me. There are 4 possible to snag (per the math whiz) and I have already made some assumptions about a number of the others. To 'stir the Gueritol pot' and at the risk of being too closely associated with Neb, the vote makes sense to me so I will join.

PS: Hate to sound like a broken record but Tarim is also on my suspect list. And Sanshiro....one post!?

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Friday, 26 January 2007 - 22:15

Last game there was too much anarchy day 1 and no voting. We have to get started!

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 03:31

Hello all...

1. I did not go on my wee weekend holiday, so I'm ticked off... even more than usual!

2. I don't like 'The Plan', because:
a. I don't trust any idea of Sage. He is too conniving.
b. Biscuit's current style is extremely suspicious. Nothing like his former self.
c. I don't see the merits of singling out people for investigation or for the mafia to kill after they are proven innocent.

3. I don't believe in mathematical odds of any kind when it comes to people's behaviour.

4. I don't trust the doctor to protect a prescribed person, nor the Detective's ability to convince us of anyone's innocence/guilty and then survive more than one extra day.

4. A few people smell fishy. tarim is one. Gueritol... maybe. kong, very likely. Biscuit... 'gut feeling'. Sage, as evil as they come. Corflu, is 'playing differently' an excuse to take him of the suspect list?! ---- I still can't make up my mind.

5. The only person that makes sense so far is Neb, except his last post regarding Gueritol- of which I'm not totally convinced yet.

@Corflu - read again... I posted definitely more than one post. I also said I'll be away for the weekend and won't post at all... are you trying to make the town lynch an innocent?

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 03:34

BTW, I just checked the voting thread and see that Corflu was quick to jump on Neb's bandwagon of voting against Gueritol. I discount his premature attempt to admit that joining Neb in this vote looks bad. Couple that with his feeble try to implicate me and thus... I'm voting Corflu.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 06:14

Today I will not be indicting players that aren't posting, I'll give my suspicions as Sage (again), possibly in cahoots with Neb , maybe Biscuit, darkguy and Corflu.
Of course Biscuit will get investigated first so I can lay that aside for a minute.

Players that are posting positively and logically are:
Renno
Sanshiro (except for thinking that I'm fishy and that Neb makes sense? Hold back on that, I'd say)
Wasteland (statto)
Coopels
mwmoss
myself

I'm now worried that San jumping into this Neb/ Corflu thing is going to confuse more. It does add to my suspicion of you San, especially as I'm "fishy"?
After running the last game I thought you might have me pegged better in this one... unless you know who the townies are already.

I am going to cast my vote for Sage rather than throw an empty vote at Gueritol or join any Corflu bandwagon just yet.
Sage never even came out punching to my Artie Ziff jibe whereas a townie wouldn't have let it lie for a second (..or however many hours it took them to get online.)

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 06:14

I was incorrect in that Sanshiro had 3 posts, not 1, before the last one. There was just one post that I saw/read/or recalled. It was similar to this last one that disagreed with everyone. He sure sounds like a good vigilante.

As for logic, Sanshiro generally agrees with Gueritol as quick as I did yet decides that this makes me suspicious for it!!?? YEE GODS. I have been saying all along that I suspect the non posters as I did last game. Aluding to it even before the Neb post. As newer player and a mafia I anticipate that is what they will do. That 'logic' of your Sanshiro tends to make me think you may be an ally of Gueritol.

Note: Still no post from Chunky either.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 06:59

How am I suspicious Tarim?

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 08:40

Good morning fellow singing gang members!

Not much talking last night it looks like. Maybe because its the weekend? After five pages and many posts, I must say I have a few suspicions, which I would like to confirm with a few votes. I do want second Tarim and Corflu's suspicion of Sanchiro. He is the most vocal about not liking to follow any plan. I don't think this is because he is a townie who thinks it won't work, but because he is trying to create disention. Misdirection and confusion are the tools of the mafia and I do not think Sanchiro's arguments have been convincing.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 09:43

OK... another post from me, as I'm starting to like this

1. tarim - I said you're 'fishy' for two reasons; the first being that something of last game's smell stuck and that French stench lingers ..., the second and more prominent one is that I don't understand how you link Neb/Corflu argument to me? I suspect Corflu because he made a 'mistake', whether by chance or intentionally, trying to implicate me. He then tries to turn those suspicions of me into doubt seeds, sort of 'Ohh I made a mistake but he is still suspicious'. Corflu doesn't make mistakes like that very easily, not does he make exclamation calls on the gods "YEE GODS". That to me sounds too un-Corflu'ish like.

2. Corflu - Where exactly did I agree with Gueritol? Yet again you are trying to attach doubts to me, yet fabricate stuff which is totally un-true. What are you going to do now... again say that you made a mistake and actually I did NOT agree with gueritol? Also, how can I be an ally of gueritol? Didn't you just say that I sound like a "good vigilante"?! Does the "good vigilante" have allies? You have not embraced the mafia role too hard Corflu and thus you're making mistakes.
[BTW, I agree that Gueritol is not posting as he should which does make him suspicious, but your slip-ups are more suspicious.]

3. mwmoss - simple courtesy and read comprehension... it's 'Sanshiro' and not sanchiro... sheesh! A much greater 'sheesh' is for you giving me so little credit in my supposed wish to create dissension. Objecting to the plan in the most blatant manner would have been the crudest form to do that. Also, you don't know me enough but my general state is that of belligerence, so objecting to the plan is the most natural thing I could do! Plus, if you read my arguments as to why I object to the plan, you'd realise that you are blindly following those who proposed the plan who might be the actual culprits. maybe my arguments are not convincing you, by they are as good as any I have seen here. BTW, you're not saying much or giving any logic of your own mwmoss... how about some reasoning of your own, rather than just slamming others?

4. I do agree that we need to urgently hear from some of the missing people or very small posters... i.e. Gueritol, kong, Chunky and Bud-C.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 10:07

Well I don't like people voting for me ...

I see all with suspicion ... and ... i might decide to come back ... at someone.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 10:14

Now whether I like the plan ... what plan?

If I say I'm not ... and I am ... or the other way around what happens?

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 10:19

Being mafia last game and now being town I have seen both sides in a short amount of time and I see why we won the last game. We won because the town allowed personal contention and misleading information from the mafia to keep them from making informed decisions. WE ARE ON THAT SAME PATH !!

I have posted my idea and I still think it’s the best course of action. All of this bickering has become mundane and we as a town have had no real constructive dialogue since page 2. I’m also now suspicious of everyone who has done nothing but take shots at individuals and shoot down plans. As a team we have to be willing to make a decision about a course of action and live with the consequences.

It’s my feeling that the masons are of no value to the town unless we know who they are. Them coming out allows us to at least make a more informed decision about who the mafia may be. And even more so now due to all of the posting in the forums. If the mafia want to kill them after they come out then so be it. But I doubt they will. And if they do, the masons should be sacrificial lambs for the town. Remember this is supposed to be a team game we all win even if several of us die in the process.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 10:22

Sanshiro says "I agree that Gueritol is not posting as he should which does make him suspicious".

WIth that said, so we believe that you could be a townie, you then turn around and implicate Neb and myself who think that same thing strong enough to vote for him.

There is no confusion as to why I link Sanshiro to Gueritol. If Gueritol is mafia, then Sanshiro will be the first one on my list as an associate.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 11:00

Hey Corflu!, there are also loners ... but for how long?

Now this is a team game, agree! ... the problem is figuring out who's team are you on ... and who's on the other side.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 11:14

We have to start postulating early so we do not get caught like last game. My early analysis….

Gueritol – silience is suspicious - possible
Sanshiro Sugata – If Gueritol is mafia then he is too, does not want a plan – possible
Coopels – Does not like the plans - possible
Sage – Seems different from last two games – possible
Tarim – suspicious - possible
Chunky50 – No posting at all - possible

mwmoss – who knows
kong – who knows
Bud_Chevy – who knows
Wasteland – who knows

darkguy00000 – my gut says townie
Nebuchadnezer – Seems to be a townie
The Biscuit – Offered himself to be investigated - Townie
Renno – thinking townie

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 12:45

I have no idea who Arty Ziff is, Tarim.

Can somebody explain how I'm behaving that differs from the past two games? I've made a few changes to my gameplay, but only because I'm sick of people calling me "worthless" as a townie. I may not be as good as that supertownie image that was built up around me, but you know who's worthless as a townie?

Gueritol
Kong
Chunky

I'm genuinely trying, and a lot of our players aren't. If you'd rather I keep using ineffective methods just so that I don't look "different," you're not looking out for the town.

I was asked by someone if I no longer agree with the "Sage plan." Quite simply, I don't. The plan was suggested two games ago, under very different circumstances. The "Sage Plan" is the ideal way to deal with an invincible player, as at that time I was perceived to be. We have no invincible players in this game, so I don't suggest we use that tactic.

However, I do think we should still investigate Biscuit. I jsut think we should allow the doctor to protect whoever he wants...and if that is Biscuit, so be it. But Biscuit is not so much of an asset to the town that we need to pile all of our resources on him.

I still have no idea who I suspect at the moment. I'm pissed off at the lurkers (see list above) but I don't necessarily think any of them are mafia. I'm pissed at Sanshiro and Tarim for being so suspicious of me, but both of them are ALWAYS suspicious of me, no matter what.

If anything, I'm leaning towards Corflu...I might have to reread the thread and see if I can make a case.

Bah...I'll be back later.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 14:45

Hmmm...Sage on a rant...VERY un-Sage-like.

Thanks, Sage, you just moved up my charts!

(Arty Ziff? The guy Marge went to the homecoming dance with instead of Homer...how do you not know that?)

Anyway, kong and gueritol are the most suspicious, as they are always on...just never posting here. gueritol's two short posts really sucked, so I'm keeping my vote on him. I suspect kong may be mafia also, but I can't vote for two people at once.

Corflu is climbing my suspicious list...I'm still not sure how he's linking Sanshiro and gueritol. This is definitely a mafia thing to do...swing suspicion towards a person, and then throw in a "fallback" person for the next day's lynch. All the while, knowing that neither person mentioned is mafia. (look at the Renno-Oblivion vote from last game!)

Chunky is a waste of space at this point.

No other comments for now.

Neb

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 15:16

Bud, after us being mafia last game I think that out of us Neb is still showing mafia characteristics.
Plus, you do make sense about openness in terms of Leaders, but let's wait til we accuse one of mafianess on day 1.

Darkguy, your blatant comeback appeased me somewhat but after rereading the bottom of page 3 and your post on page 4 just now I'm no longer suspicious of you... whatsoever.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 27 January 2007 - 15:35

well for once I like most of what sage and neb said in their last posts, atm I have no real suspicions, I've learned from last game to be a little more cautious. I will be around more now that the weekend is here so will try to start throwing around mundane accusations and shooting my mouth off to see what we can turn up.

I still say obi is a bad dude...KILL OBI

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160156 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap