HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 22:26  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
AuthorTopic : Gangs of New Wol Game Thread
tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 16:25

Biscuit, Oblivion said earlier that the Doc can't protect himself. I assume Neb'll go along with his wishes.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 16:46

Not much to say really... not too much's happened and with the big break I can barely remember what's happened lately.

Why should the mason come out? Yes, IF the doc could self-protect, it's an awesome idea. But since he can't, we're letting the mafia hone in on him.

Currently there are ten people alive, right?

As of RIGHT NOW, the mafia have a 1/8 shot of nailing the doc. That's prelynch.

Lets' say the mason and vigilante come out and we mislynch. That makes it 1/5!

Meanwhile, we townies have a 2/8 chance right now, to hit a mafia (before comings-out and whatever). After those two come out, we have a 2/6.

So in conclusion I'm not sure what to say. We could do it, or we could not. I'll leave that up to general vote or whatever.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 17:22

It seems like it's in our best interests to have the last remaining role come out except perhaps the doc (i don't think neb would let them save themself). It's been said this would only increase our odds of finding a mafia and if the mafia try to counterclaim it will only help us decide between one or the other.

I agree Sanshiro i was trying really hard before because i honestly believed Sage. Obviously i was completly wrong there and since then i've felt like i've been flailing along the entire game. For now i'm not going to even suggest any suspects since my whole view of the game has to radically shift now in order to keep up. In this game i'm probably going to be useless as a townie now anyway, so if everyone suspects me i'll give myself up. I have no problem in doing so if it'll help the town, but it wont help find the mafia. It just eliminates me as a suspect.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 18:14

Oops, sorry tarim. I guess I missed that Oblivion post, or I thought it said the opposite.

OK, so only the two remaining roles come out and the Doc still stays hidden. I think the Doc is not as important as the role used to be at this point. There is no one worth saving, and he can only guess at who the mafia will kill. So he just has to get lucky. Which at 1 out of 8 (subtracting the lynchee and himself) will be hard to do. If the other two roles come out, then he can either protect one of those, or randomly guess at the remaining 6.

I just would like concurrence about the mason and vigilante coming out, so we can reduce the suspect list a bit. I still have my suspicions about the 2 remaining mafia, but nothing concrete yet. This would help a lot.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 18:22

Doc cannot save himself.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 20:34

I agree the doc needs to stay hidden. I am not sure if it helps or not to have the same situation as before where more than one can claim to be a mason. However if they do then one must be mafia and the odds increase in our favor. The Mason and Vigilante do not have any real power at this point to help. The more I think about it this makes sense to declare.

I reread Nebs posts since as I said before I was very surprised he was killed when he was a leader of the ill conceived mwmoss campaign. He accused kong and Coopels early. Then later stated Coopels, Sage, Bud, and suspicious for Chunky. Sage was a mafia and kong got properly vigilante killed. I think the veteran turned storyteller was on to something too good. My guess is one of the three is mafia (Coopels, Bud, Chunky) if not two of them.

That’s better odds than 2/10 at least. Or 2/9 in my book. I agree with Sanshiro on the two main characters but do not see at all why he is suspicious of Biscuit. He has good posts and I thought we agreed on his “innocence” earlier.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 01:11

I concur that both the ex-vigilante and the lone mason should come out today.
That's me, Corflu, Biscuit and Coopels in agreement.
Darkguy, even the role of Doctor is not that important anymore as there's no one important left to defend. We will either draw the mafia out, making our choice easier or they'll stay hidden, allowing us to reclaim our Hood and also spot them sooner.
Getting some truth out now should also help make sense of the last 22 pages.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 03:24

@tarim - don't rush to include Coopels in your 'agreeing with' list as he is one of the two mafia remaining. I also don't agree that there is no one important left to protect, as the doctor should definitely NOT protect Coopels or Bud_C which are mafia and thus make everyone else slightly more important.

@Corflu - I think Neb was killed because mafia boss Sage feared that eventually his friendship with Neb and Neb knowing him all too well, will lead to his (Sage's) exposure as mafia. Also, although Neb was sometimes acting like he was on meta-amphetamines, he was correct in his logic and sound posts. Thus the mafia got rid of him.

@Biscuit - you want to reduce the suspect list by having the mason and ex-vigilante come out?! I'll give you a way to do just that! Let's try it your way and see if it gets you anywhere.

I AM THE OTHER MASON! and if need arises, I can prove it. Or actually, someone else can prove it!

Now, this coming night, I shall be executed by the mafia, unless of course the doctor will save me.
But if I am executed, you have gained nothing except give the mafia a better chance at eliminating an innocent or the doctor, as they will now have less people to target or choose from.

Now let's see who comes out to counter-claim this and what proof he has!

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 03:37

Ok, Sanshiro. I will also come out. I AM THE VIGILANTE!
Now unless the mafia is foolish enough to counter-claim, everyone now knows that we are both townies.

Now either the mafia tries to find the doctor, or they try and kill one of us, and one of us may be protected by the doctor. Who knows? And neither does the mafia.

Meanwhile, let's find a mafia person. Who's not posting?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 05:56

Gah! It's been a while since there's been more than three people left on Day 3 in a mafia game...

TEN PLAYERS?

I have no idea who's suspicious as I probably couldn't name five of the players who are currently alive.

I need to get some sleep and mull this over before I do anything.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 06:09

@Sanshiro- You may have noticed that although Coops was "in agreement" I have actually suspected him and Bud of being mafia for many a page now. However, in the same way that in championing moss I fell under Coops suspicions, he could have quite easily been made a fool of by Sage.

Anyway, I didn't see you rushing to Moss's defence when I was frantically trying to get everyone to realise it was Sage who needed the lynching. Your laissez faire attitude is just as bad as Coops picking the wrong horse, and maybe just as suspicious.

You are also very selfish. You worry that the only result in coming out will be your death during the night...That has always been part of the 'townies emerging' strategy, someone puts themselves in the line of fire whilst others cover them. Remember, you became a townie as soon as you pulled the Vigilante's trigger so I'm glad you finally started acting like one.

Now, with two of us in the open the mafia will maybe think to go for the Doc but it is now in their interests to get rid of the outed townies rather than the unknowns, allowing the Doc to work unhindered.
Counterclaiming will probably be a big mafia mistake, but if there is one (or two) then I'll also seriously think about the initial claimants veracity...and ask myself why, for instance, while agreeing that the minor roles be revealed, Biscuit did not reveal himself 12 hours ago?

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 07:02

Tarim, I see no reason for Biscuit and Sanshiro to reveal falsely and I am going to believe them. I have believed in Biscuit as a townie for a long time. Killing kong was a bit of a guess on day 1, but it was right. Not many other than he would have sniffed it out so early. I am going to side with Sanshiro regarding a Coopels vote now.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 07:36

I'm not suggesting otherwise, considering my instincts have been right from day one. I'm simply taking umbrage with San.

It's his 'Most suspicious/Suspicious/Useless' post that grated. I'm apparently in the useless section along with an already dead Renno (by the by, for a mafia to forget who he'd just offed would be either incredibly stupid or a very cunning ploy).
If that's the best compliment a townie can get from San (ie. you're useless as a mafia) then I suppose it'll have to do but I've actually played my best game so far, giving numerous logical reasons why Sage was lying when he tried chancing it as the Detective and sticking to my guns with Moss when Coops accused me of having some 'Prior Knowledge'.
Indeed, Coops does look exceedingly guilty but I'm suspending judgement for now.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 08:17

@tarim (and Biscuit) - I have been misunderstood. When I added the useless part to my list, it was in NO way related to the suspects. I was simply creating categories and maybe there weren't enough smilies around there.

The 'Useless' group was of people I was taking cheap-shots at. Come on tarim, you enjoyed the French role playing almost as much in being in the game altogether. Renno being dead also didn't disturb or inferred anything about what I wrote. And Gueritol being drunk all the time... he actually wishes it was true I meant it only as a joke.

BTW tarim, you're the first person ever I saw using the word 'umbrage' for which I applaud you. I only witnessed the word used once before and that was on a Magic card.

Other than that and the game in general... I think we can all move forward with our opinions and posts. Quite a few of the participants have not said anything yet... or anything significant.

Ohh and tarim... you're still a garlic-smelling, frog-eating, foo-foo dressed Frenchie!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 08:30

I'm sure it was only coincidence that the ONLY English player in that game got to be the Frenchman. I can only imagine the gleeful smile on your face as the RNG came up with that one.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 10:08

Well I knew way back while I was supporting Sage that i'd probably die if he was the mafia. I even said it a few times if I remember right. I don't blame anyone for suspecting me right now, since I'd do the same thing if it wasn't me. There's not much I can say in my own defense though so make your own decisions although Tarim was right about my confusion. Otherwise feel free to lynch me, it'll probably help in the long run anyway.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 10:21

Well, I'm glad to see the game is now back in full strength.

The last 2 times I logged in nothing had been happening...

So Biscuit is claiming Vigilante and Sanshiro is claiming Mason.

I'm not really sure how much that helps us out. I don't think the mafia would counter-claim any role at this point, except maybe doc...although it would be nice if they would. The mason and vigilante are only names at this point, with no real power anymore.

It helps us out by narrowing down the list of people to lynch as being mafia, so we don't accidently lynch one of our own.

At the same time, it narrows down the list for the mafia to night-kill the doctor...which is the only role left with any actual power.

It's a six of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other arguement...one of which I'm not sure if there is a 'right' answer for. I think the doc is still a very powerful figure and needs to remain hidden. I'm not sure how some can claim he really isn't that beneficial to us anymore, he may well be the "X" factor that wins the game for us in the end.

Sure, it will come down to luck...but if he can make just one right guess at who to protect at night, and extend the game that one extra day...that may be the single thing that wins it for us, giving us the extra mislynch card we need to finish finding the rest of the mafia. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

I've thought Bud or Coop, with Sans also being suspicious...but now Sans appears to be in the clear.
Tarim appears to be one of us, and I'm not really getting any feeling one way or the other on Corflu or Darkguy. Chunky appears to be MIA as far as the discussion, but I find it interesting he was following close enough to cast a vote on moss!

I would have gone for Bud next, but it seems like Coop is the pick. I noticed he has already voted for himself!?! It's been said before that is a mafia-like move, a last-ditch effort to save ones self, but it didn't hold true when mwmoss voted himself. Coop may have just given up after being 'taken' by Sage, but at this point I guess he is the best pick and I will cast my vote for him.

Biscuit- you said earlier that you had your suspicions of who the other remaining mafia were...but haven't revealed your suspicions. Why? Wouldn't it be better for you to come out with your suspicions so that we can discuss them instead of keeping them to yourself? It might help us out in the long run if you happen to get 'hit' before you can tell us your thoughts....

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 11:07

I have gone back all the way to page 7 and taken a piece out of EVERY one of Darks posts from then to now. The thing that bothered me the most is his first post from page 7 states “Now I got school soon, so when I come back I wanna see a lot of posting “

Yet if you read every post after that they are all indicate someone who’s on the fence so as to not draw attention to themselves. Read for your self:

“So in conclusion I'm not sure what to say. We could do it, or we could not. I'll leave that up to general vote or whatever.”
“So Sage is only one vote away from being lynched :S “

“What that proves is that the three people not voting are not mafia (me, kong, gueritol). If we WERE, we'd kill the detective, yay we've killed a power player and a crucial role at the same time.”

“Good. Lots of posting, good thing. And I'm voting mwmoss. Sage's right. He's coming up with new things while mwmoss isn't contributing much.”

“I have no idea who's suspicious as I probably couldn't name five of the players who are currently alive.”

“Meanwhile, we townies have a 2/8 chance right now, to hit a mafia (before comings-out and whatever). After those two come out, we have a 2/6. “

I think Coop and I are about to be the next 2 lynched and It’s all because we were active in trying to figure out the truth in the whole sage/moss fiasco. We both got duped and made a mistake but at least we had a stance. This continual fence riding and hiding in the shadows while trying to look active is Mafia from day one of mafia games.

There is no way that I go out on a limb like this for Coop is were both mafia, think about it! We would be handing the game to the town if we were both mafia. I am town and I believe that Coop is town. My vote goes for Dark.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 11:34

Yeah basically I figured if I die from the lynch people would start thinking about the current game and not only on people's mistakes in the past. Sage proved that he is a good mafia player just from that masterful play he pulled off. He fooled so many including me. Sage manipulated me, and to a lesser extent Neb, by using our familiarity with him against us. I was a lot more adamant about Sage being the detective than Neb and i actually started the lynch against mwmoss. Neb flip flopped back and forth so many times that it made sense for the mafia to kill him since he wasn't really under much scrutiny as a possible suspect.

I obviously am.

For now, I'll vote for myself to clear up the confusion. I had considered commiting "suicide" in the game, but Oblivion wouldn't let me so i can only vote for myself. I probably wont change either, unless the general feeling turns towards someone else and believes i'm innocent. Otherwise I think we can afford to mislynch just this once if it'll help the town win. We do have 8 townies to 2 mafia at this point. Tomorrow will just be 6 on 2 instead.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 8 February 2007 - 11:38

Bud- I'll give you credit...you do make a good point about Dark.

I'll have to give more serious thought about what you've brought to light.

Dark- I'd suggest you start putting some more active thought into your posts...it's time to DO something. Between last game and this one, I really wonder why you play...you find it hard to vote for anyone and make no posts that have any value at all to the town.

I hope you take/make the time to have a little substance to your next one.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap