HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.24 APR 2024 02:22  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Thursday, 3 February 2011 - 17:37

I think you're right LOD.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 3 February 2011 - 18:35

It's sunday night for us here in Europe, hitme

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Friday, 4 February 2011 - 16:55

thanks ,i may end up watching some then ,even though it means staying up at some god forsaken time in the morning ,
it reminds me of staying up through the morning watching that EPIC final of snooker ,between Dennis taylor and (i think Steve ,interesting, Davies) it went on for ever but a massive climax (i wonder if it's on Utube ?mmmmm) any way see ya awll f 'now

FourthDimension
Joined 24/02/2009

Posted : Friday, 4 February 2011 - 18:22

Hi everyone. Hope y'all have a good weekend

harleyxcty
Joined 17/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 6 February 2011 - 00:21

I like the superbowl for all the new funny commercials they play. They like to start new ones during the superbowl so it should be fun!!
The game is Sunday night at 6pm also I hope everyone has fun and nobody drinks n drives!!!

****Gooooooooooo Green Bay!****

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Sunday, 6 February 2011 - 16:21

well i'll be watching some ,i think another half hour ,
dont forget there is a thread on the subject made by LOD here- waronline.net/forums/posts.asp?m=15720 ,to further discuss it

I just hope our bbc commentators do a good job and not be totally useless like following years
any way enjoy the game guys

Last Edited : Sunday, 6 February 2011 - 16:24

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 8 February 2011 - 05:55

i 've just invited Bahlum and fourth dimension over for some tips that they should be aware of for their enjoyment of the game ..so if any one has some plaese say so here ,,,i mean like basic stuff like have ing a market so you can increase your gold production etc ,,

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Thursday, 10 February 2011 - 17:11

hey Bahlum ,,,in answer to your question in the shout box ,
in team games players send mails to each other ,,
but then theres clan games ,,,if you join a clan like .....um...... mmmmm...... The X men ....TXM for short , we have a cool external forum ,for discussing games in

Bahlum
Joined 29/01/2011

Posted : Thursday, 10 February 2011 - 17:29

Hi room. Thanks for directing me here hitmewithit.

I'm new here and have only been playing for about a week, but I'm very interested in this game. I like that you can take your time to decide all your moves and that there is an aspect of resource management.

As a little bit of background I was getting into competitive Starcraft but didn't "practice" enough to make it past D rank on ICCUP. I used to like playing Field Commander on the Playstation Portable and the online battle on Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops where you form a team, gear them up, organize their formation and have them autonomously battle other teams.

Usually when I have a question I try to first search for a relevant thread and if I don't find the answer there I'll post a question in that thread or start a new thread if there are no relevant ones already. I did play around with the training grounds so I *think* I have (most?) of the "basic" stuff down. I think I just need more games under my belt to answer most of my remaining curiosities.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Friday, 11 February 2011 - 05:44

thanks for visiting bahlum and commenting here ,,
it sounds ,like myself ,you wont be leaving us for some time ...i too love this game for the reasons you described ,i used to play ,tribal wars ,but that required virtual 24 hr a day commitment for success,it was rediculouse ,,,then i found this ,,some people i told about it ,think the turn based thing is rubbish ,,,for some it wasn't to their liking ....but i agree with you ,it gives all players the freedom to do what they wish ,,when they wish ....

the other reason for this room ,i know when you start here or return after a long time ,the forum can appear as a wilderness of un read posts ,and you dont know where to start ,so i was hoping this could be as central referance point ,to quickly check out wotz hapnin ,on the street ,,so to speak ,,lol

Last Edited : Friday, 11 February 2011 - 05:47

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2011 - 11:59

Does any one have any opinions on the recent protests in the Arab nations ?...any first hand accounts or experiences ?... obviously care should be taken with comments as it can be read my many people from many countries..
also any first hand accounts from any one in New Zealand
with the terrible disaster they have just experienced recently.

colonel Gadaffi- do we think he 's managed to talk his people round to his way ?,,or can he not pull the wool over their eyes any more .
will his armies and mercenaries carry on the fight against the so called ****roaches/drugged minority ?

Will America/Uk / U.N blunder their way into the situation ?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2011 - 15:39

"Will America/Uk / U.N blunder their way into the situation ?"-hitmewithit

Yes,
I'll tread lightly and just say that while the UN I understand is tending to look the other way or something while protesters are getting slaughtered by Gadaffi, America's stance against the brutality of Gadaffi would have to be considered at least consistent;

that is, while I understand that although Blair now condemns the actions of Gadaffi, he tends to defend his recent attempts at diplomacy with the former terrorist dictator, Gadaffi.

The peoples of the entire world are feeling the effects of economic depression and when people are hungry they become aggressive ... most of the workers of the Arab world are not much more than low paid slave labor.
America is concerned mostly with eliminating our budget deficit and/so it takes too many billions of dollars to get involved today.

PS:
The security council has finally vote unanimously to condemn the actions of Gadaffi.

rex

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 February 2011 - 17:32

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 23 February 2011 - 13:16

And if he keeps slaughtering demonstrators, the UN Security Council might meet again and pass a further resolution condemning the Libyan actions. If he keeps it up after that he might have to deal with a strongly worded condemnation. Soon, they might consider making him eat his lunch cold and taking away his naptime (but only for a day or two of course).

Then again, that last part is just wishful thinking...it is much too aggressive and undiplomatic for any sanctions that strong to pass.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Friday, 4 March 2011 - 16:56

yibbiddy yabbaddy yobboddy doo dah doo dah day ,,,
and a way hey hay ....oooooooooooo yeahhh

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Friday, 4 March 2011 - 19:33

Hitme, whatever mind altering substance you're on ... well, you have to share. It's a rule.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Saturday, 5 March 2011 - 11:14

lol ,m8 ,,,i had an excitable moment there,, i wont condone any illegal activities- so i'll say i was high on the 'friendlyness' of being here..
anyway i hate sharing,,,,too many Bogarts about ,,if y'know what I mean ,,

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Monday, 21 March 2011 - 07:34

get to bed HaTeMe ,,your up far to late ,,,,

Last Edited : Monday, 21 March 2011 - 07:54

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2011 - 18:05

Re- Libyan conflict -Why cant the countries stop argueing and just remember what the whole point is -
It's simple , stop attacking Gadaffi ,, carry out the 'no fly' (no movement) zone ,, if gadaffi so much as moves tanks (offensively) or fires in anyway upon civilians ,,, then strike those targets ,,,,, if he sends a plane up (to engage civilians) then engage it ..
If the rebels still wish to fight him then let them
but i dont think this will gain anything for anyone..

just split the country up into the people who want to be free to live their lives .
Gadiffi can live with his worshipers and spend the rest of his days yelling his demands at the nations.

hopefully the governments will carry this out now that they have neutralised the initial targets they intended ...
Otherwise this thing is going to blow totally out of control .....

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 March 2011 - 18:15

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2011 - 18:29

As long as Ghadaffi is stronger on the ground, the war can't be won by the rebels, no matter how much you bomb or control the airspace. As long as he can get hold of ammo he will fight I think and he sits on a lot of gold according to a swedish newpaper today, 143 tonnes of it..
Another worrying thing is that he might well have built up terrorist cells all around the globe during the 42 years he has been in power. We might see chemical or biological attacks anywhere if he gets in a position where all is lost. For now that is not his best option as he still has friends out there. China, Russia and some others.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 March 2011 - 18:33

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2011 - 20:44

On "foxnews" now there are some commentators remarking on how we didn't ever get involved in a civil war before, but that's not true because we backed the communists against Franco in the Spanish Civil War back in 1936 and then got behind Franco after the war.

We're also starting to question the motives of the rebels in Libya;
that is, it hasn't been espoused,
but are we now possibly supporting religious fanatics?

rex

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.138672 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap