HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.25 APR 2024 11:08  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 16 March 2016 - 02:22

Agree with you 100% on Cruz ...
he's weird imho;
But Trump's tough front is because of the possibility of allowing radical immigrants into the country
And there's something just as bad whether you agree or not.

Are we breeding homegrown ISIS?
ISIS is committing genocide according to our house of representatives.
Germany and Europeans in general are sorry for the Islamic radicals they allowed to emigrate.

All lives matter, but is BLM related to homegrown ISIS ...
some folks need to learn the laws of the land because I for one was taught that ignorance of the law is no excuse ...
looting for example used to be considered a shooting offense.

Seriously Mog, we've got some domestic problems developing which require a stern hand or the average citizen will be afraid to walk the streets to the corner store.

Did you forget Kent State?
Our government can get pretty nasty.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 16 March 2016 - 15:17

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 16 March 2016 - 16:05

ISIS exist because they have the support of Saudi Arabia and Turkey and maybe some more smaller states in the area. That people from Europe join them is because they feel alienated in Europe. No jobs,(unemployment in that group is often 50% or more) no money, no hope for the future. Their choises are to go criminal or go help create what they think is a new caliphate in Iraq-Syria. Lot's of videos are spread on you tube about how glorious a life they can have in contrast to the hopelessness in where they now are. Fame, women and to serve God. All that is ofcourse not true but that's how it's sold.
The whole operation is about political power and money (oil) As usual there is someones who are cashing in on this operation. The usual suspects: weapon dealers, certain politicians with shady agendas like in Turkey that want to destabilize Iraq and a possible new state of Kurdistan and Saudi that want to become a bigger player in the region by stopping Iran and Syria from having any influence.
(I suspect also Israel have an interest in having the arabs fight eachother and especially to if possibel put an end to the state of Syria. So, they might too be supporting ISIS. Doesn't anyone find it odd that Israel was not attacked by ISIS?)
The USA:s role in all this is anyones guess. I do not belive they have much interest in putting a stop to this war for reasons I discussed above. Profits and relationships with too many players in the area.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 March 2016 - 00:38

LOD,
you're breaking my heart with the unemployment aspect of Islamic radicals ...
with more money they'll buy more guns and ammo and recruit more like themselves;

Already in the north of my state and even in the north of my city, thank God I no longer have to go to city hall to pay any bills anymore (used to own two city properties (only own my one township property now));

But yes, the part about *dirty hands* and whether or not ours are also is interesting and I hear you on that part.

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 March 2016 - 02:50

My point was that they listen to men with easy solutions to things when they are not included in society. That may be religious leaders who claim praying to God will save them or people like Trump who claim building walls will. The function is the same, to make people belive that it is some other group of people who is the problem. Nobody is willing to accept that it's my own fault that I have problem, always some, easy to identify, other. I cry no tears for islamits in act I work in any way I can to stop them in my political undertakings. That includes making the situation better for groups excluded from society so that they do not turn to extremists and their hate mongering doctrines. Big groups of unemployed young men have always been the root of disaster through out history but I don't belive I have to list those disasters here, you all already know of them.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 March 2016 - 03:47

Hey Mog,
open this weather map, click on sea surface temperature and negate the view so you can see the whole world east, west, north and south:

*" www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ "*

Do you see any temperatures over the oceans and seas above 85 degrees F?
It's summer time over the equatorial zones isn't it?
That's the first time in several years I haven't seen temperatures above 90 degrees F over the tropics

And look how far down that cold water extends along our east coast.

PS:
LOD,
We've got over 300,000,000 million people in the USA, but I can show you a link that says 102 million of them are jobless;
Yet a very small percentage of them go around killing people because of it
And that's all I'll say about that.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 March 2016 - 04:18

Not to change the topic, but is Obama a genius or just a cutie pie by whom republicans can be made to look like hypocrites?
Think the republicans will reject Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court like they've said they'll do with any Obama choice?

He may be great against Islamic terrorists;
But I'm wondering where his stance will be on abortion, gun laws, gay marriage and well Obama martial law like progress for want of a better terminology.

You won't hear this centrist saying that our black president with both the house and the senate against him was not a good president ...
republicans make me laugh today about war in the ME.

Didn't we salvage enough poppy seeds yet?

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 March 2016 - 10:30

A very small %-age turns to islamic radicalism here as well. it's not like we fear that an islamist attack it imminent and we need to have police and military out in the street at all time. The fear of nazists is though very real and well motivated as this video show. Nazists attacking families with kids and elderly in a Stockhom suburb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6iqGIm5YMA

The amount people killed by terrorists is by the way a lot higher per capita in the US than anywhere else in the western world, as far as I know.

ZiON FiGHTER
Joined 18/03/2016

Posted : Friday, 18 March 2016 - 19:17

Hello everyone . I'm back altho I do not remember my original name and it it's probably been like 8 years or more sense I last played .. Won't be at a computer to play for another 8 hours or so but look forward to playing again and being a part of this community again anything new ? Haha

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2016 - 14:31

www.globalpost.com/article/6749373/2016/03/21/release-co2-fastest-66-million-years

Fastest CO2 release in 66 million years...

mashable.com/2016/03/28/lowest-sea-ice-record/#OftZHLufH5q8

Lowest Arctic sea ice ever...

Last Edited : Tuesday, 29 March 2016 - 12:48

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 29 March 2016 - 12:33

Yay, Bernie! Wins WA AL and HI! This country still has a chance to vote in the best candidate I've ever seen.

He recently spoke out about the tragic treatment of Native Americans in this country. Did you know we had over 400 treaties with them and not a single one has been kept? He promised a new day in relations between the US and Native Americans. About time, I say.

He also spoke about how unfair using local property taxes to fund education is an awful system, leaving poor kids at a permanent disadvantage. There is no equal opportunity while this continues, poor kids live in poor neighborhoods, property taxes are low, schools are underfunded.

He will fight for all of us to have full healthcare, no matter if we are rich or poor, working or not. It IS a human right that has been taken over by insurance companies that don't deliver anything medical, just skim a huge amount off the top and deny people what they promised them when they took their money. Health care is bankrupting more people than any other reason.

Going after the bankers and hedge fund managers who put our economy in a tailspin because of their overwhelming greed. They need to be put in prison when they break the law, not be REWARDED.

Anyhow, he's a sweet, intelligent man who has a clean record of public service as Mayor and a Senator. He has vast knowledge of human history and international matters, he's been in the Senate for 30 years! He was against GW's lies and profiteering with the Iraq mess. He was against the Patriot Act. He was against Citizens United, truly the greatest feat of overreach by any court in this country ever.

I hope you'll vote for him if you can. Any other choice leads straight to the toilet of history.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 10 April 2016 - 06:04

Mog.
thank God after I managed his first two years at ~$1100./semester, my son won a grant to go to Rowan University;
However, my great nephew is $50,000 in debt for learning to be an auto-mechanic which I can imagine pays $40K to $50K or even better per year;

But anyway Moggy baby, it's also your downtrodden folks today making big money for performing menial tasks driving up costs all over the board with granted insurance companies somehow taking advantage of all of us ...
an example was an MRI when I got hurt costing about $800. and 5years later costing about $5K with all those other special x-ray tests getting up to $2.5K+.

Anyway, 50 years ago a new car could be had at between $2K and $10K for the luxury models whereas today your looking at $14K to $100K for comparable models ...
college cost me ~$1000./semester where the same school is now charging about $12K/semester ...
in 1962 worked at REA express for ~$85./week gross pay.
And 58,000+ Americans soon after went to their death in Vietnam via the draft.

Over 100,000,000 Americans can't afford to even eat like the other 200,000,000+ Americans Mog ...
haven't had a porterhouse steak in over 40 years;
So yes, something's wrong somehow, but I still hope that tale about Nibiru is a hoax.

PS:
Moggy, it's April 9th and predicted to be 28 degrees F between 3am and 9am tonight.

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2016 - 07:30

Last 6 months have been the warmest ever recorded. February was 1.34 and March was 1.28 C warmer than average on a global scale. All statistics in the link below.

data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 22 April 2016 - 05:18

LOD,
I'm only going to say that I've still got my winter bedding on my bed and I suspect that so do you ...
there are places in the world like Death Valley USA, the Sahara Desert, the Arabian Desert and various locations in the middle east where it gets so hot that their temperatures can give the few degrees difference you mention;

But nobody except the wacky climatologists trying to keep their jobs care with exception of the other wackos killing everyone in the middle east over the lack of water ...
fifty years ago nobody knew about any of this global warming crap beyond Shangri-La and The Rains Came.
Isn't India where this global warming news got its start?

In my humble opinion it still has to do with a possible orbital shift in the revolution of the earth around the sun from a more elliptical to a more circular orbit which is a normal occurrence;
That is, normal over thousands of years with the changes it causes;
That is, changes good or bad for the human race;
That is, until we put our money into the technology necessary to remedy the problem.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 20:56

PS:
Believe it or not,
at 6:50 am this morning there's a temperature reading of 5 degrees F in up state New Hampshire ...

lots of cold air still to come down from Canada.

PPS:
Oops, it's up to 7 degrees F at 7:00 am.

*" https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ "*

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 21:11

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 21:08

Weather is not climate.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 21:22

This definition of *climate* certainly uses the word *weather* enough for me to give you a contradiction:

*" www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/climate "*;

But I'll allow you your pettiness ...
except to say that when weather is occurring as I've mentioned all over the world, that sounds like climate to me.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 21:30

Why won't that weather link post ready to just click to open here ...
just tried it in one of my data files and it worked fine.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 28 April 2016 - 21:33

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 29 April 2016 - 08:11

It's not pettiness to use the correct words for things. Weather and climate have different meanings for a reason, since they are different.

When scientists speak of climate change they are including the entire earth's system, not local ones, dictionary aside. Climate Change isn't ever talked about as some isolated local phenomenon. Temperature is going up worldwide and consistently, in fact, it is accelerating due to our inaction on carbon release into the atmosphere.

You seem to think that since it is cold or hot near you that it means that all the scientists are wrong since you have evidence to refute them. This is a common fallacy that the uneducated fall for, as you have done repeatedly for years on this forum, while trying to bolster your arguments by saying you took courses 50 years ago in college. That knowledge has been superseded by newer findings which you pay no attention to since they don't fit your narrative.

Human actions are causing the earth warm rapidly. It is having noticeable effects on all forms of climate and ice cover worldwide. The last 15 years have been the hottest on record due to this fact.

I look forward to the day when you finally realize your mistakes and own up to my having been right all along, here on Waronline's forums. I know it will be tough for you to swallow your immense pride in your faulty knowledge, but you really should fess up and come clean, you have been incorrect all along and don't want to ever admit it since your stiff ol' neck might break, huh?

Last Edited : Friday, 29 April 2016 - 08:25

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 29 April 2016 - 14:44

The best answer for your post Moggy is:
No I'm not wrong, you're wrong.
Are you going to deny that melting tundra released massive amounts of CO2 from rotting vegetation?
Did man do that?

Are you going to deny that the multitude of forest fires out west in the past ten years released massive amounts of CO2?
How many of those fires were man made for every reason from burning down unaffordable housing, terrorism and global warming fraud?

Are you going to deny that volcanic eruptions release massive amounts of CO2?
Do I actually have to research the number of volcanic eruptions in the past 20 years?

Are you going to deny that the 11 year solar cycle has nothing to do with global warming?

The only thing that concerns me about arguing about this is that these crack pots are actually trying to make it against the law to deny their lunacy.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 29 April 2016 - 15:00

PS:

*" www.ask.com/science/many-volcanoes-erupt-year-ab7e0c9664d684ff "*

*"
Q:

How many volcanoes erupt each year?

A:

Quick Answer
On average, between 50 and 60 volcanoes erupt each year around the world. This amount averages nearly one volcanic eruption per week. "*

rex

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap