HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.19 APR 2024 16:58  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 08:33

imgur.com/kbGkKiq
Just wanted to take the opportunity to show a marvelously executed example of team play by Braquemart (blue) and Julian etc.(purple) in Camp 28130. Fabulously coordinated exercise on their part, and I feel they should get credit where credit is due for such an oustanding example of team play. Just one minor problem ... this is not a team player game. Minor details.

Last Edited : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 08:41

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 10:54

I predict Braquemart wins(he better! He has a **** ton of troops!). Wish I was there with you guys...Id kick all your asses!(Just kidding! )

On a more serious note: this is a very grim accusation and I suggest we have Braque and Julian(though probably only Braque will) come in and post about it before we come to any conclusions.

If I ever decide on attacking players when only three remain I tend to attack everyone, not gang up-ever on one player. Though in clan games it is the most fun thing EVER to gangbang a poor ******* who is left alone at the end of a game. Anyway, yeah, not in campaigns.

With that in mind there is technically nothing illegal about this, the way the game is played Requiem never saw a reason to enforce any sort of rules, though we as a community can definitely enforce them. I just hope this is alg a big oops or something so we can all get back to being a big happy family again.

UB

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 12:18

Say, where is Taurus Rex lately with some smack talk about global warming? He sure was convinced he was right a few years back about all his Fox News nonsense denying it, but now that it is an accepted fact amongst the scientific community that yes, it exists and yes, it is at least partially (most say nearly completely) from human actions he is nowhere to be heard? Ha ha! I love being right, absolutely and completely right, it feels as good as TR will feel bad when he admits he was completely wrong in all respects! Ah, life is sweet sometimes, except for the fact that global warming spells doom for humans and is not being adequately addressed by the guilty parties, mostly coal and oil industry people who have a lot to lose by telling the truth.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 13:19

"Mog

Joined 5/02/2004
"Say, where is Taurus Rex lately with some smack talk about global warming? He sure was convinced he was right a few years back about all his Fox News nonsense denying it, but now that it is an accepted fact amongst the scientific community that yes, it exists and yes, it is at least partially (most say nearly completely) from human actions he is nowhere to be heard? Ha ha! I love being right, absolutely and completely right, it feels as good as TR will feel bad when he admits he was completely wrong in all respects! Ah, life is sweet sometimes, except for the fact that global warming spells doom for humans and is not being adequately addressed by the guilty parties, mostly coal and oil industry people who have a lot to lose by telling the truth. ""

Actually Mog.
I've become bored with the *"global warming"* topic ages ago and there's a discussion about it over at the Catholic forum which you can join if you really believe you're *"right"* about it ...
haven't even posted in it myself ...

Posted about the *"Battle of Lepanto"* in that thread about the Muslim interested in conquering Rome and also posted that Protestants actually supported the Muslims when the Ottomans made their last attempt to invade Habsburg Austria.

Actually my position on global warming is unchanged and we are approaching the hot peak of the solar cycle as a matter of fact ...
your last winter in Washington and mine in New Jersey were proof of my support for a mini ice age occurrence due to high moisture content in the air hitting temperatures cold enough to cause snow ... cleared snow 9 times last winter.

Here's that forum:

" forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67&order=desc "

PS:
After a miserable 5 months of my life getting on top of some important personal issues, I've settled down messing with *"Civ 5"* ...
good to know you miss me even if you're still taking undeserved bows.

PPS:
Hi everyone.

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 13:20

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 - 13:58

Yes, I've noticed how folks "get bored" with a topic when proved wrong about their cherished beliefs. I guess it's better than getting violent.

Mmmmm, sweet victory.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 15 July 2014 - 00:10

"Actually Mog.
I've become bored with the *"global warming"* topic ages ago and there's a discussion about it over at the Catholic forum which you can join if you really believe you're *"right"* about it ...
haven't even posted in it myself ... " TaurusRex

He does not need to "believe" with quotes as you say. It has been accepted as the fact it is. Global warming is real, and no amount of arguing, debating or misguided notions about what it is will change that. It has been observed, measured, predicted and overall understood that humans are changing the ecosystem in taxing ways(for us) we WILL eventually have to deal with this by force if we do not deal with it now. Like everything else we have to deal with forcefully, it will be costly, rushed and error prone.

People who deny it only make it that much harder for the general community to understand this as truth. The longer that takes the slower and weaker the reaction to this will be and the worse off we will remain for it.

This planet is not what will die when and if this whole thing takes place. This planet will be here LONG after anything has played out on its surface. This is more an issue for US and most other life on this planet.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 15 July 2014 - 01:08

"Ultima Bahamut AAA

Joined 1/12/2001
Posted : Tuesday, 15 July 2014 - 00:10
""Actually Mog.
haven't even posted in it myself ... " TaurusRex"

"He does not need to "believe" with quotes as you say. It has been accepted as the fact it is. Global warming is real, and no amount of arguing, debating or misguided notions about what it is will change that. It has been observed, measured, predicted and overall understood that humans are changing the ecosystem in taxing ways(for us) we WILL eventually have to deal with this by force if we do not deal with it now. Like everything else we have to deal with forcefully, it will be costly, rushed and error prone.

People who deny it only make it that much harder for the general community to understand this as truth. The longer that takes the slower and weaker the reaction to this will be and the worse off we will remain for it.

This planet is not what will die when and if this whole thing takes place. This planet will be here LONG after anything has played out on its surface. This is more an issue for US and most other life on this planet.""

The *"global warming"* enthusiasts have changed their stance so many times, they've become a laughing stock ...
can't even remember their original stance;
But even if there is an insignificant increase in temperature worldwide, why should folks in Michigan and Wisconsin where old folks froze to death last winter care?

Heard of the latest addition to the science on the topic, that is, the *"polar vortex"*?
My argument has always been that basically this is all cyclical and it still is ...
there are conditions which have always existed which our new young scientists have recently learned how to measure with the result of some of them hitting the panic alarm button.

Worst of all are the propaganda sources of the argument because for example they want us to go nuclear ...
that disaster in Japan with the contamination of their sea area is worse than any effects of global warming imho

And another propaganda source are interestingly probably the worst offenders deforesting huge areas of Africa and the South American rainforest for their rubber plantation and sheep herding industries which remove the natural means of the earth to remove CO2 while adding polluters.

Again I say though that snowfall will slowly, but surely reverse the warming trend toward a cooling trend until there isn't enough water vapor in the air to cause it and so cycle back to warming.

In the meantime we need to stop cutting down tress and instead start planting them ...
I've got seven trees on and around my property,
How many do you have?

rex

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Thursday, 17 July 2014 - 04:56

I wish Taurus and Sugar were back in a game I could join. I miss the arguments. Also miss the way they play. You know you've been in a fight with these two !

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Thursday, 17 July 2014 - 08:59

I've been actively growing Willow in my garden ,,, did you know Willow's oxygen giving properties are actually equal or even exceed their damaging effects when they're destroyed . So they have zero carbon footprint when burnt.... Be warned though ,, my ones got very out of control , attracted wasps , and they head for water pipes in your garden. So I now have miniature ones incorporated into my pond.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 July 2014 - 09:57

Thanks Trot,
but although I'm slowly making progress (got my car through inspection)
life still has me financially by the cojones for a while;

So just not in the mood.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 25 September 2014 - 04:10

Looks like that polar vortex finally got over to northern California and they're gonna get some rain ...
if these 40s and 50s in the evenings and early morning hours in my neck of New Jersey continue, I may not have to cut the grass again before winter ...

not looking forward to all the snow again tho.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 25 September 2014 - 04:11

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 16 October 2014 - 10:35

The pope is giving away his zuccetto to be auctioned out to the highest bidder in suppport of the roman poor begging in the streets here in Sweden. How much do you think it will fetch?
www.svt.se/nyheter/sverige/pavens-skanker-sin-kalott-till-fattiga-romer
if you want to see the news flash and google translate it

Last Edited : Thursday, 16 October 2014 - 10:38

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 16 October 2014 - 12:36

$130,000. for his hat?

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 16 October 2014 - 15:30

I think more. $1 mil IŽd say.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2014 - 23:59

Here's a cheery little item I made:

www.paintoon.com/KnightBattlesDemigod.html

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2014 - 03:03

Mog my WoL life long friend in this politically correct world why must the demon be the only one blooding ?. I would expect more from you (have you stopped partaking of the cannibus ?.) perhaps a series of carnage, it is so sad I have let you all sink in the mires soon I shall be back among the true lads and ladies of WoL I need to speak to Harley and then maybe.
Till then be well all

p.s. LOD spank a swede for me eh !.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2014 - 04:21

Yes I still smoke cannabis, indica if I can get it, sativa if that's what's around.

Yes, I suppose I was being a PC lib to have the demon be the one to get it, I equate them with Republicans so it's easy to despise them. Next time I'll have the knight take it in the neck, ok?

Last Edited : Saturday, 1 November 2014 - 04:22

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Thursday, 13 November 2014 - 05:36

TY Mog being a republican myself I would love to see a democrat fall on his/her free sword if for no other reason than to see Obama care at work.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 13 November 2014 - 10:41

President Obama didn't go nearly far enough with health care, but he was fighting obstruction on all levels. What really needs to happen is to get the insurance companies out of the health care racket and have everyone of us be taken care of when we are ill, regardless of income, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other false division between the poor. Why should insurance companies and their stockholders make a fortune while people can't get treatment for their illnesses, I ask you?

Other countries have long since figured this out and get better health care for half the cost. Americans are sheep, but Republicans are wolves, making money from being evil. That party really needs to dry up and blow away soon or we are all doomed. Unfortunately, idiots vote against their best interests because they believe the lies told to them by money-manipulators.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 November 2014 - 03:12

I second what Mog stated. Insurance companies shopuld not be involved in healthcare, they only makes it more expensive and inefficient.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap