HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.19 APR 2024 09:07  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Friday, 14 November 2014 - 05:36

HOWWWLL! Here comes the big bad wolf, A warmonger by liberal standards also an americans need to get off their a$$es and do for themselves individual, As well as the government needs to be destroyed and willing to do my part to bring that about patriot.

However I must concede that your opinion of insurance companies is a valid one.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 17 November 2014 - 19:37

Although you may be right about insurance companies Mog, the temperatures through most of our northern Midwest are low teens to single digits

And there's 16 inches of snow from New Mexico through Colorado and northern Texas on through Oklahoma.

Excuse me though because there's plenty of CO2 polluting China, but I suspect they prefer the warmer temperatures it causes instead of a cold blast from Siberia like we're getting from Canada.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 17 November 2014 - 21:03

Changes in the climate are not all going to be uniform. Anecdotal evidence is useless, the long-term warming trend has been well established now, and we are seeing the changes it brings. Droughts here, floods there, cold here, hot there. The old patterns are gone and new, more dangerous storms are coming.

Some places will certainly benefit, at least in the short run, but ultimately, as the tundra melts and the methane trapped there really gets a chance to escape, along with myriad other awful changes, the earth won't be able to support the current eco-system and humans may well become rare. You and I are too old to see the coming effects, but a child born today will see a totally different world by their old age, if they can get there. I don't think that's going to be easy.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 17 November 2014 - 22:41

I laughed at shadowwalkers post.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 18 November 2014 - 02:04

Ofcourse republican senators and congressmen and their paid off "experts" are more able to judge on climate changes than the collective of leftist professors and scientists on the subject are.
End of discussion!

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 18 November 2014 - 02:06

As long as you mention the drought Mog, there has been mention that lack of evaporation in the Gulf of Mexico due to the lingering oil film of the recent oil spill there may be the cause of that not to mention the multitude of possible man-made forest fires in California possibly adversely affecting rainfall.

rex

Last Edited : Tuesday, 18 November 2014 - 02:10

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 05:29

My dear Brothers and Sisters, Are not the very politicians raising this topic far past it's zenith the very same people profiting from said global warming.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 15:39

Oddly enough, Shad, the people profiting from denying global warming are those most responsible for it, the polluting power industry. They sure don't want anyone to think about messing with the thing that makes them wealthy beyond all reckoning.

Thoughtful people, (including the vast majority of climate scientists), who are not profiting by global warming in any way but are suffering due to it are the ones who are trying to change how people think about how the world is run and by whom. The science is clear beyond doubt, we have added a huge amount of excess greenhouse gasses to the atmosphere and we are getting a greenhouse to live in. If we continue the way we are going (and we aren't slowing down, we're speeding up the process) we will have more catastrophes worldwide of all varieties. When you tickle the dragon's ass get ready for the fire from the other end.

Don't fall for what the rich are selling you, it's only for their benefit. Follow the money in most cases and you'll see who is really pulling the strings of the propaganda machine.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 15:40

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 18:38

"Oddly enough, Shad, the people profiting from denying global warming are those most responsible for it"-Mog

One of my claims to fame is that I aced meteorology in college 50 years ago and interestingly our North American weather at least with exception of the California drought that is (possibly caused by the flukes I mentioned in a previous post) is almost exactly as I was taught;

That is, hot moist air responsible for much of any elevated temperature collides with polar cold fronts producing snow on a massive scale which even tends to reflect sunlight with the result that approximately every 20 to 30 years we have a mini ice age which many scientists consider to be happening now;

However, there's also the eleven year solar cycle which is about at its peak now;
And there's even a more circular orbit of our earth around the sun from an elliptical orbit which produces changes ...
not going to try to elaborate ...
bored with all of it now;

But however, speaking of those concerned with global warming imho would be the energy people i.e. e.g. PSEG is raising my bill 12% because I struggle and suffer all winter to save a few hundred dollars by living with the cold i.e. thank God because on the east coast we still get the warm air coming up with the gulf stream and the jet stream as "hitme" mentioned.

Don't you see that even though we may be entering a mini ice age, it's the lower population states from or north west and central states down into our mid western states affected whereas the coastal high population states are experiencing mild temperatures;

So the big oil and energy companies are losing money because the higher population areas are not using enough of their product while interestingly those same energy countries complaining of global warming are among those clearing the jungles of the rain forests in Africa, India and South America for their plantations and are responsible for removing nature's way of cleaning the air of CO2.

PS:

The UK will try to *"pull their wool over"* all of us if we let them.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 18:42

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 21:31

Yeah, TR, you STILL don't understand a thing about the current findings that are definite proof of massive global warming. I don't even really bother reading your posts very fully because you haven't changed a single word in ten years and you were wrong then, too. It's ok, you're really old and will die long before you ever admit you have been talking out your fundament all this time.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 22:15

""Mog

Joined 5/02/2004
"Yeah, TR, you STILL don't understand a thing about the current findings that are definite proof of massive global warming. I don't even really bother reading your posts very fully because you haven't changed a single word in ten years and you were wrong then, too. It's ok, you're really old and will die long before you ever admit you have been talking out your fundament all this time. ""

"" www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fundament "

"fun·da·ment noun \ˈfən-də-mənt\

EasyBib

Definition of FUNDAMENT

: an underlying ground, theory, or principle

a : buttocks

b : anus

: the part of a land surface that has not been altered by human activities""

Yes Mog,
you're right. my land mass hasn't been altered like yours by human activities.

rex

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Thursday, 25 December 2014 - 11:36

I hate to say this but merry christmas , to those concerned .
Joy to the returning of our sun in the Northern hemisphere ,regrets to those seeing it's departure (southern hemisphere)

Happy Birthday to Christ your Lord

I hope other religions still trading today make plenty of money from us .

People doing there duty ,missing there families can cope ok with it ..

May we all be Jolly , well fed , of good health. Or not too sad and unhappy with the whole thing ,, when you may just wish the event would just be over . .. .

And those who believe in Santa ,I hope he doesn't damage your roof/chimney crap on your carpet , rob your house and perhaps make your house smell of fried fish ...

I bid you all a good one. xxx

Last Edited : Thursday, 25 December 2014 - 11:42

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 29 December 2014 - 18:08

(cough cough smokey in here)

www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/27/pope-francis-edict-climate-change-us-rightwing

Well, well. The Pope is going to tell Catholics to believe in Global Warming. I wonder how that will affect certain people who read this forum? Hmmm?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 30 December 2014 - 15:44

Just like some folks in this forum need to see our Pope walk on water before they'll believe in his opinions, I suspect the same can be said for most American Catholics concerning his support for global warming including yours truly

And although yours truly greatly admires and respects our Pope, yours truly would prefer that our Holy Father have the cojones to call for a crusade against ISIS instead of expecting us to be nice to them which although yours truly is sure he doesn't mean, he's got plenty of folks scoffing at the idea being nice to baby killers.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 30 December 2014 - 17:42

Jesus instructed him to love his enemies, I guess.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 01:32

"Jesus instructed him to love his enemies, I guess"-Mog

There's a catch to that because if the truth were known, the Romans wERe lovable and the Jews were laughable.
Did the Jews prefer the Egyptians or the Persians?

As Jesus also said, "the Romans are conquerors" ...
taxes had to be paid of course, but they kept the peace and basically allowed a degree of freedom to conquered peoples.

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 01:48

That would also be true for Stalin. (Keeping peace in the conqured countries and allow some kind of freedoms)

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 12:50

"""LOD AAA

Joined 13/12/2001
"Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 01:48
That would also be true for Stalin. (Keeping peace in the conqured countries and allow some kind of freedoms)"""

There's something missing from your logic Lod ...
are we the Persians or the Egyptians or were they the Nazis?

Don't listen to those historically rewritten stories about how the Romans were so monstrous and Herod had wings ...
saw the original silent version of "King of Kings" other night with Pontius Pilate actually distraught after washing his hands of the crucifixion of Jesus ...

learn to consider the source.

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 16:16

"There's something missing from your logic Lod ...
are we the Persians or the Egyptians or were they the Nazis?"

What has that statement to do with what Stalin did in the by Soviet controlled countries, like East German, Poland,Estonia and others?
Where is the logic in includung Egypt and Persia, they were not occupied by Stalin afaik.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 19:16

Lod,
it's no use trying to make explanations with a guy with a one track mind concerning Russia, that is, a guy by whom Chechnyans and Vikings are viewed as good guys.

I'll just say that the peace of Palestine was secured from within against rebels and from without against the Persians and half a dozen other despots by the Romans;

So your comparison of Russia to the Roman Empire doesn't match.

rex

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap