HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 APR 2024 13:44  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 13:02

If you knew someone was doing what Sandusky is accused of and saw that it wasn't being pursued by the campus police, wouldn't you try to get some other agency involved, seeing as how this was a major crime? Instead, the higher ups there hid this information. It is a moral question that is posed here.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 13:13

To my knowledge Paterno only had second hand knowledge of wrong doing by Sandusky (again that's known as hearsay evidence) and so if I didn't have a leg on which to stand in the event that legal action came my way, I'd feel it were the job of the campus chief of police to know the legalities and how to handle the scenario.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 13:14

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Sunday, 26 August 2012 - 04:29

Anyone interested in getting a Proving Ground game started ?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 31 August 2012 - 06:16

Trotsky,
I'm just too tired between losing sleep trying to be ontime to take my turn in two games plus now some real life personal stuff taking up my time for at least the next month, but this movement bug imho is a big problem even though the PG is non-ranked, most folks like to play knowing everyone is playing on the square.

*If the bug ***ISN'T*** going to be fixed*, I suspect it has a lot to do with the low player count and I'm seriously wondering if allowing all to abuse the bug might be the solution except if some players know how to initiate the bug while others don't, that may not be any fun either.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 31 August 2012 - 09:01

Anybody who uses that movement bug is liable to be deleted from the game, so go ahead and join up. If you get cheated on, provide some screenshots. I will not stand for bug abuse.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 31 August 2012 - 10:55

Not now.

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Friday, 31 August 2012 - 15:56

@ Taurus - Then we'll do it later .

T

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 - 06:58

yes ok, later.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 - 09:25

I can help get one going ,but may not stay for long myself.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 02:42

When Hillary Clinton refers to a *"savage group"*, is it the same as referring to them as a group of savages?
Yes, stop giving these savages our $billions in aid and also stop contemplating taking military action against Iran and/or Syria ...
maybe Assad is treating savages the way their history dictates it's necessary to treat them.

rex

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 14:23

Which savage groups are the US sponsoring with those billions in your opinion? Al-queda? Ansar al-Sharia? Maybe the Talibans?

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 14:48

The billions to Egypt have historically been going to the Egyptian military. It was part of the Camp David Accords that got Egypt to agree to the first-ever Arab peace treaty with Israel. Now, with the Muslim Brotherhood in charge there, they control the pursestrings and distribute the money to their supporters (not the more secular military that opposed the MB for decades). Who knows which particular terrorists they distribute the money to!?! It could be any or all of the ones you mentioned.
Cheers,
H.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 14:55

Without any evidence that's the same kind of argument as the "savages" are using blaming the US for that video. Ridiculous.

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 15:02

What kind of evidence are you talking about? You don't know that the Muslim Brotherhood was actually outlawed in Egypt for decades and the military was in charge of keeping the country reletively secular to enforce the peace treaty with Israel? You don't know that the MB hate the Egyptian military because of this? Or, you don't believe the MB is actually in charge in Egypt and now controls the treasury there, including the required US aid? Or, you just don't believe the MB is and has been a terrorist group and continues to support other terrorist groups? Perhaps if I know which one you have trouble with, I can point you toward some "evidence" you might find useful.
Regards,
H.

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 15:09

Absolutely hilarious!!! Just heard the nightly news report on the situation in Egypt. Even on our liberal news media, the story is being told about how the MB english language website is decrying the violence, while their Arab language website is supporting it! The State Dept. put out a statement asking the MB if they read their own websites...and they should understand we read both of them.
Wow!!!!
H.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2012 - 15:24

Is it Egyptian agents that moves around all over the arab world starting riots, killing ambassadors in foreign countries? As you are implying a major conspiracy I think you at least could offer some proof other than your suspicions.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2012 - 00:43

Thanks for answering Hwatta because I really don't know all the names of the savage groups, but on a news show last night a guest of *"the five"* of foxnews actually said that these folks only understand *"brute force"*;
if they kill four of ours, we need to kill 400 of theirs, he said for them to understand that they're outclassed militarily ...

As Hilary says though, as much as she may find it in bad taste that a book has been published which speaks disrespectfully of their religion, our system dictates that we can't allow violence to be committed against our people for that reason
and it's my opinion that folks committing acts of violence/murder over something in a book are on a cultural level with savages.

rex

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2012 - 00:57

LOD,
First off, your premise about my views is wrong...I don't think it is a conspiracy at all...I'll get to that later. I did a lazy search through Wikipedia to address your concern about proof:
"Newsweek journalists Mark Hosenball and Michael Isikoff reported connections between al-Qaeda and Brotherhood figures Mamoun Darkazanli and Youssef Nada.[112]
A similar article in the Financial Times reported financial links between 74-year-old Swiss Muslim convert, and businessman Ahmed Huber, and members of the Muslim Brotherhood, notably Youssef Nada, Ali Ghaleb Himmat. According to the U.S. government, Al Taqwa "has long acted as financial advisers to al-Qaeda." He is reported to have "confirmed" having "had contact with associates of Osama bin Laden at an Islamic conference in Beirut", whom he called "very discreet, well-educated, very intelligent people".[113]"
If Newsweek and the Financial Times can find links, they must be pretty clear. I find it hard to believe you seriously doubt links between the MB and acts of terrorism around the globe, but you are free to believe whatever you want. My position is that this is all larger than the MB or the Egyptians...it is the Muslim people in general...no conspiracy necessary. A large portion...numbering in the millions...actively support (through funding or direct action) terrorist attacks against civilians. An even larger portion believes these actions are justified. These type of riots and attacks have swept the globe on numerous occasions whenever a story (real or false) about Koran desecration or insult to the prophet have been reported. There is no need for coordination...it is a spontaneous reaction of disgruntled muslims. In the west, we get upset and write facebook posts and forum posts while they go out and riot. It is, unfortunately, the current nature of things.
Cheers,
H.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2012 - 02:50

There are a lot of financial links between the Bush family and al-queda/bin laden as well, that doesnt mean they are financing them, at least not anymore. Notice though that Bush did not attack Saudi arabia after 9/11 the country where most of the alleged suiciders came from but chosed other countries to put the blame at...
What I was asking you to prove was if the US government is willingly giving billions of dollars to terrorist groups? The MB might very well be financing all the groups mentioned but is it with US funds? You'd need a way to track the money and show that those dollars really went where you claim they do and not to other legal purposes like humanitary aid.
Tr. Referring to Foxnews is not a valid argument as a source of information as they only are pushers for an "anti everything not republican policy" agenda. It's like refering to the North Korean state television about the situation in NK. I know this and you know this, please find a serious source..
Just take that statement that 1 american life is worth 100 arabs life. Horrific !! And just whihc 100 would you go out and kill? 100 randomly rounded up people in an arab country? Maybe 100 living in the US for easy access? That a smaller number of arabs are terrorists doesn't make the rest of them guilty just like you can't be held guilty for any deed done by an american or christian. There are a lot of religious loons of christian denomination around that you would have to take the blame for just by calling yourself a christian. God knows there are lots of christian terrorists around as well. Now and historically. The terrorist in Denver is one example the norwegian terrorist from last year another. Terrorists come in all colors and is not specifically related to a certain faith.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2012 - 05:57

Here's the source of the 100:1 comment:

" mediamatters.org/video/2012/09/13/foxs-ralph-peters-on-libya-attack-they-kill-fou/189864 "

" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Peters "

Another comment that I'm unable to verify was something like:
"Watch out Americans, we have 1.1 billion Bin Ladens", which came on the heels of the bomb scares in Texas.

My attitude is from a neutral perspective like for example, how many innocents are killed by firepower like this:
" youtu.be/JM58Z1zzoP4 "

" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War "

; Yet some of our warmongering newsmedia bemoan the brutality of Assad in Syria and some of our weapons manufacturing freaks actually want us to possibly confront mother Russia over these religious fanatical savages ...
we did just as bad in Iraq as Assad in Syria imho, yet I don't condemn us for it because they attacked us and so got a feel of American might;

and I don't for one minute believe that we can coddle them into loving us or our way of life ...
unfortunately I wish we could distance ourselves from them and just keep smacking them down whenever they get too aggressive against us, but we need their oil so until we don't we'll have to keep dealing with them somehow.

rex

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap