HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 MAR 2024 10:37  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Sunday, 26 December 2010 - 17:25

My new year wish is ,we could have clan duels between just two castles (i wonder how much work that would involve to make possible).
and a clan game with no allying ( probably not possible)

Last Edited : Sunday, 26 December 2010 - 17:27

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 26 December 2010 - 22:31

Anything is POSSIBLE.

What are clan duels? How would that be different than a regular duel? Just make it a friendly game.

As for a clan campaign without allying, you'd just have to stipulate that no one is ever safe from any other clan, only clan members can help other clan members. It would be fun. 4-5 clans, I guess? The people who were cut off from their own clanmates would sure die quick!

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Monday, 27 December 2010 - 06:05

clan duel ,i mean a whole clan in one castle ..i know it's crazy ,but i'd love it ...

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Monday, 27 December 2010 - 09:02

with anything goes multi clan games...there will always be alliances...otherwise, like mog said, anyone seriously seperated from their clan will be easily eliminated... if we could pick our own starting castles, or all of a clans castles border each other, it would work... but even then, if two clans start fighting, it may totally change the plans of a third clan... for example... if your clan was heading toward a corner of the map with intentions of attacking and taking it over...and my clan was heading at the same corner from another direction... then whichever clan gets there first can attack the clan that occupies the corner and the other, after traveling half way accros a map, must change their plans and direction...

i'd like to see new clan maps that seperate two clans...so one clan would have all their castles on one side of the map...while the opposing clan occupies the other side...

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Monday, 27 December 2010 - 09:09

Yeah , simon ,that sounds like the sort of thing i'm thinking about.

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Monday, 27 December 2010 - 10:03

I actually love your idea of all clan members starting or playing from a single castle... it would be really cool to have a decent size map with plenty of riches to fight over but only two big castles...each clan would have their own mega castle this would better the game in my opinion... if someone quits or goes innactive, it doesn't ruin a game... their own clan could just take over their desserted barracks from within the castle... it would also teach newcomers quickly because they would see what is going on within the castle and what to build/deploy etc... it would create more communication between clan mates... it would be fun to deploy and fight side by side with your own teammates...

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 28 December 2010 - 20:39

That sounds bad ass! Wheres Req when you need him?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 29 December 2010 - 00:05

Australia!

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Saturday, 1 January 2011 - 08:43

Well we seem to have made it to the year 2011 unscathed ,
so here's to another wonderful year ahead..
I've been off line for a few days due to using up our monthly limit of internet connection lol ..

I noticed Requiem came on line for a few hours last night to wish us a H N Y .I wonder if he gets a kick out of this kind of 'Messiah'or even 'God' tag he seems to have built up for himself ,,I'm sure he doesn't lol.

Anyway i started thinking ,,every one complains about how they wish this game was like it was originally ,
I've only been playing the game for about a year or two so I only know this way ,but i enjoy the game and yes i would probably complain for any changes made to it....

I dont think it's the reason for lack of players...
The internet has developed so much now that people just dont hang on to sites ,unless there 's something that keeps them there and i dont know what that thing is
but i dont think a site full of people moaning that it's not as good as it was would help to entrap visitors
in this world of ours...

Other sites that i remember as being mega busy with members and in the top of their class have fallen drastically in popularity ..so this isn't the only pace it's happened.

The fact that people come back here after years of not playing still shows it's made a name for it's self so just hold on to that alone ,and try to concentrate on having a fun ,active and inspirational forum that people will enjoy coming to when they wish to grace us with their company.
happy new year.

Last Edited : Saturday, 1 January 2011 - 08:46

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Saturday, 1 January 2011 - 10:37

The reason for this game dying is the rising of games on facebook and the such
which satisfy those urges in many ppl who would otherwise sit here, playing and chatting

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 1 January 2011 - 18:48

Damn you, Mark Zuckerberg!

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Sunday, 2 January 2011 - 02:19

And what urges might those be , hmmmm ?

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Sunday, 9 January 2011 - 15:56

Any theories on the mass deaths of birds and marine life around the world recently ??

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 9 January 2011 - 17:11

It's Dick Cheney's fault, he needs the souls of innocent animals to stay alive.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Sunday, 9 January 2011 - 17:43

Flashback, if you watched that show
Might also be aliens driving at warpspeed causing lightbangs

Last Edited : Sunday, 9 January 2011 - 17:45

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 00:56

Amazing in this day and age that cause of death of all these birds has as yet not been positively determined ...
latest that even sounds a little far-fetched is from the Japanese physicist, KaKu:
"they're following the leader committing suicide".

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 05:29

PS:
Personally, I suspect the birds got caught between a collision of upper and lower atmospheres ...
here's the sub-tropical jet stream moving from west to east in the upper atmosphere:

www.wunderground.com/US/Region/US/2xJetStream.html

and here's the lower atmospheric wind generated by a cold air mass moving basicly south and also turning westward towards the Mississippi valley:

www.wunderground.com/US/Region/US/2xWindSpeed.html

It seems to me that it wouldn't be uncommon for cyclonic air turbulences to occur even horizontally as well as vertically between such air masses giving birds a cold, rough ride, but admittedly I'm only guessing.

PPS:
These links won't provide the same view even hours later and I'm too lazy to make screen shots,
So that's why the double-post.

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 05:45

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 07:16

Hey LOD ,i loved that show (flash forward) i'm still waiting for the sequel .

And rex - it doesn't explain the thousands of fish washed ashore ,and the crabs in the uk all dying .....all in the same time frame..??? AND scattered around the world in random places.

the only things i can think of ,
1) powerful solar winds that certain animals are more sensitive to ..
or
2) Some kind of toxic clouds (caused by volcanoes or other factor) floating around the world effecting air and water .

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 07:54

Are natural toxic clouds likely to kill only a few birds, wouldn't such have a more devastating effect.
More likely is a virus I think. Might even be genemanipulated to kill only one species, spread deliberately, testing new chemical/biological weapons maybe?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 11:59

"And rex - it doesn't explain the thousands of fish washed ashore ,and the crabs in the uk all dying .....all in the same time frame..??? AND scattered around the world in random places."-hitmewithit

Have they been *"sniffing"* the fish and crabs for oil and dispersant?

If that's the cause it's basicly coincidence, but I'm inclined to think as has been speculated that an abrupt change in sea water temperature (possibly either way?) may have been the culprit

and so that may be related to the waves of cold air masses moving down from the polar regions causing a temperature clash between the lower atmosphere and the sea water streams like the Gulf Stream which passes up around near the UK as well as along the east coast of the USA from the gulf of mexico area I believe.

In other words the cold air may still be the culprit causing a sea water temperature collision instead of an air turbulence collision.
Anyone having been following the weather should know that the sea temperature displayed in this link is a good 20 degrees F lower along our north-eastern coast on up to the UK area than it's been in the earlier years of the previous decade for this time of year:

www.wunderground.com/MAR/

and that's basicly the upper path of the Gulf Stream.

As far as the fish dying near Brazil, that might be an example of my meaning of *"either way"*, that is, fish swimming from the colder Gulf of Mexico region into much more warm sea waters or possibly the other way, that is, from the warmer waters near Brazil into much unusually colder waters in the Caribbean Sea area:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Stream

Of course it can be a combination of cold water and hot water shock and dispersant too imho.

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 10 January 2011 - 12:12

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap