HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.27 APR 2024 04:08  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
AuthorTopic : Smoke filled room
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 20:17

On another note, I sure am hoping the United States will live up to its best principles and indict and try the torturers from the last administration, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rice, Rumsfeld, etc.

The United States has signed treaties, not the least of which was the Geneva Conventions against torture, and Bush broke the treaty in the worst way imaginable, by torturing bound prisoners to death, knowingly, while lying to the American public about it, as well as the illegal and immoral war of slaughter he perpetrated on a country that had never attacked us, Iraq. (Yes, Hussein was bad, but his innocent population are STILL suffering the effects of the war)

To gain the moral high ground we once had in the world will be very difficult when we allow this sort of behavior to go unremarked and unpunished. As Dick Cheney says "I'd do it again in a minute!".

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 - 23:28

Had those charecters you mentioned above Mog been, lest say serbians, they would long ago have been standing trial in the Hague and very likel been in prison by now.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 17 January 2015 - 08:15

2014 was Earth's warmest year on record, a U.S. weather agency announced today, with average temperatures 0.07 degrees Fahrenheit above the previous high.

The National Climatic Data Center, a division of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, noted the average temperatures over land and oceans were higher in 2014 than any year since 1880, when record-keeping began.

This past December also had the third-highest average global land temperature out of any December in the past 135 years at 2.45 degrees Fahrenheit above average, according to the same agency.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 17 January 2015 - 10:43

Oh, well blah blah Mars and blah blah highly paid scientists and blah blah usual climate fluctuations and blah blah liberals plot and blah blah blah it isn't happening blah blah it's cold at my house blah blah it's bad for business therefore it isn't happening.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 18 January 2015 - 12:46

Where's UB???
Tell 'em UB, how -10 degrees F feels in NYC ...
you guys make me laugh so much it's sad.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 18 January 2015 - 15:31

I believe I covered that with my "blah blah blah" comment.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 18 January 2015 - 22:29

"I believe I covered that with my"

PS:

Here's my answer to LOD:

"" www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/And-global-COOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html
"

"And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year
⦁ 533,000 more square miles of ocean covered with ice than in 2012""

"" www.independent.co.uk/news/science/climate-change-size-of-arctic-ice-caps-increases-8804911.html "

"Climate change: Size of Arctic ice caps increases

After last year's record low ice cover in the Arctic, the size of the northern ice caps appears to have increased this year.
The Mail on Sunday cites a leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) which says there was 60 per cent more Arctic sea ice this August than at the same time last year.""

" arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/ "

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 00:03

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 02:00

grist.org/series/skeptics/

grist.org/climate-energy/there-is-no-consensus/

You might enjoy finding out how wrong you are. Very.

Last Edited : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 02:30

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 02:31

This consensus is represented in the IPCC Third Assessment Report, Working Group 1 (TAR WG1), the most comprehensive compilation and summary of current climate research ever attempted, and arguably the most thoroughly peer reviewed scientific document in history. While this review was sponsored by the UN, the research it compiled and reviewed was not, and the scientists involved were independent and came from all over the world.

The conclusions reached in this document have been explicitly endorsed by …

Academia Brasiliera de Ciências (Bazil)
Royal Society of Canada
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Academié des Sciences (France)
Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (Germany)
Indian National Science Academy
Accademia dei Lincei (Italy)
Science Council of Japan
Russian Academy of Sciences
Royal Society (United Kingdom)
National Academy of Sciences (United States of America)
Australian Academy of Sciences
Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts
Caribbean Academy of Sciences
Indonesian Academy of Sciences
Royal Irish Academy
Academy of Sciences Malaysia
Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
… in either one or both of these documents: PDF, PDF.

In addition to these national academies, the following institutions specializing in climate, atmosphere, ocean, and/or earth sciences have endorsed or published the same conclusions as presented in the TAR report:

NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
State of the Canadian Cryosphere (SOCC)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Royal Society of the United Kingdom (RS)
American Geophysical Union (AGU)
American Institute of Physics (AIP)
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
American Meteorological Society (AMS)
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS)
If this is not scientific consensus, what in the world would a consensus look like?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 03:38

Wow,
when it comes to "blah, blah, blah". you can really heap it on the topic in an attempt to bury it imho.

If you look at the links I provided, you will find that they're on the original topic of how they claimed the ice caps were going to melt causing our coasts to become inundated by our oceans ...

Oops, that is, you have to recall that part;
But the links do support my support of the mini-ice age theory which as I've stated more than one time are caused by evaporated waters from land and sea colliding with cold fronts cold enough to cause snow which even reflects sunlight when it covers large areas of the land.

The mini-ice age effect usually reverses when it gets so cold that not as much water gets evaporated and snow that is produced is the fine, quite cold variety ...

Admittedly, danger is that ocean water might continue to be evaporated for so long that the mini-ice age could evolve into something that occurred in the middle ages which lasted for about 400 years;

However, mini-ice ages have occurred in the 30s and 70s and it seems that we're entering one now.

PS:
Instead of going all over the board with your *"blah, blah, blah" s, just post where it says that *"the ice caps are still melting causing our oceans to rise"*
LIKE THEY SAID ORIGINALLY ...

That is, I don't care to hear them make it up after the fact to try to cover that they really don't deserve the degrees they hold.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 13:40

Uh huh, every scientific body of repute on earth agree with me, I think I'll go with their opinions rather than yours. You are becoming the guy who stands on the corner and yells about the world being flat. Hilarious, but useless.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 13:48

Taurus:

www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-climate-warmest-year-20150116-story.html

It being freezing in new york FINALLY after the hottest december on record does not mean its cold, climate on this planet is a system not individual unrelated events.

www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/01/new-satellite-maps-show-polar-ice-caps-melting-at-unprecedented-rate

You mean how its still happening now?

www.nytimes.com/2014/05/13/science/earth/collapse-of-parts-of-west-antarctica-ice-sheet-has-begun-scientists-say.html?_r=0

How it was predicted and then laughed at 30-40 something years ago but is being completely backed up by major scientific bodies because the individual whom predicted it gave predictions that are slowly unfolding now?

www.climatesciencewatch.org/2013/02/14/james-taylor-misinterprets-study-by-180-degrees/

Or how maybe the only guy who seems to think this is all bull 'misinterpreted' a study completely?

There is no escaping this... as much as anyone wants to close their eyes to the reality.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 15:28

UB,
I'll just say that the ice caps lose and gain ice area every year, but it's the end result that counts and according to my links the areas of both caps are at record highs since this global warming threat that they would have been completely melted soon.

The temperatures of the earth are not all that significant because evaporated sea water is probably mostly the cause of those elevated temperatures
And so as I've explained, that evaporated water gets turned to snow and will gradually be significantly diminished within the next decades causing the cycle to reverse hopefully getting us out of the *"snowball earth"* effect.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 15:56

You are demonstrably incorrect on this. If you looked at more than one source of information you'd see:

Satellite data show that since the late 1970s, September Arctic sea ice extent has decreased by about 12% per decade. What's especially alarming is the decrease in multi-year ice. Sea ice is classified by age, usually as "new ice" or "multi-year" ice (meaning it survived many summer melting seasons). While new ice is very shallow, multi-year ice can grow to be quite thick, typically between 6 and 12 feet, and is very stable. A remarkable study was published in 2007 which measured the amount of multi-year ice in the Arctic. In 1987, 57% of the observed ice pack was at least 5 years old, and around 25% of it was at least 9 years old. When they surveyed the Arctic again in 2007, only 7% of the ice pack was at least 5 years old, and the ice that was at least 9 years old had all but vanished. Likewise, sea ice thickness and volume have decreased markedly since the beginning of the satellite era.

(www.wunderground.com/climate/SeaIce.asp)
I mean, just search for "decreased polar ice cap" and you won't be able to say it is increasing any more, since it isn't, that is just a fact that has been measured. You can't deny it with figures of your own except as supplied by the oil industry. I know your ego is involved in being right about this, but for the sake of the kids, how about joining the rest of us and try to stop the man-made global ecosystem collapse we are now experiencing? Even the church agrees this is true, and you know I wouldn't invoke them except to say to you that you are so far out of the loop on this that you can't possibly be taken seriously.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 17:09

Yes Mog,
*"for the sake of the kids"* try playing with this link for a while:

" igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test/print.sh "

And please leave the pope to protect his mother.

PS:

Here's a trial example:

" igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test/print.sh?fm=01&fd=01&fy=2000&sm=01&sd=01&sy=2015 "

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 19 January 2015 - 17:12

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 20 January 2015 - 00:27

I went and played with that and the ice was always less later in history. Thanks.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 20 January 2015 - 11:56

www.attn.com/stories/684/pimped-out-trash-carts-and-rejecting-color-blindness?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=stories-684

Especially #5 you all should watch

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 21 January 2015 - 02:00

"""Mog DoC

Joined 5/02/2004
"Posted : Tuesday, 20 January 2015 - 00:27:
"I went and played with that and the ice was always less later in history. Thanks."""

On the matter of the toy I provided for you Mog and for the kids, I suspect you're either not making logical choices or you're not being honest or both;
And although I admittedly don't know the details, I am aware of aged ice ...

There are choices which have ice at least two years old if not possibly three years old
And I can only add that we're over the solar cycle hump and so I believe there will be several snowy years ahead.

On the matter of our beloved pontiff I believe he's magnificent enough to allow my kidding to slide;
And although his meaning is proper concerning peace with the Muslims;
That is, he knows that God gave us all free will and so everyone can do as they please;

Except his meaning is that if doing as we please is insulting to some folks they may react violently which although he's not condoning such behavior, he's just warning that we all have free will
And some folks are willing to die for their beliefs.

The problem with the opinion of Pope Francis is that the folks with whom we would like to make peace would probably succeed in using Saint Peter's Basilica to stable their horses because there are so many of them before they change their ways using the pope's methods.

On the matter of the pope's opinion about global warming, it's laced with his desire to be benevolent to suffering peoples of the world.
Are Indonesians raising shrimp where they used to grow rice because the seas were elevated by melting ice caps or is it because the tectonic plates have shifted downward by the last quake?

Are Brits building houses too close to the banks of the Thames or did the Dutch build one too many dikes?

PS:
On the matter of the heating of our oceans, if enough huge ice bergs break off from the caps, I suspect that slowly but surely they will help cool the oceans ...
Or is this all too far fetched for your one track mind?

*"ego"* trip eh

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 21 January 2015 - 05:30

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 21 January 2015 - 10:01

You continue to entertain me with your absolute ignorance of all subjects, TR.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 22 January 2015 - 10:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz86qzMsJN0&feature=youtu.be
There are good ideas growing in the US

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap