HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 00:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
AuthorTopic : Mafia Game Three: French Revolution
Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Thursday, 22 June 2006 - 02:07

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE THIRD ROUND OF MAFIA, HERE AT WAR ONLINE.

This round will maintain a French Revolution atmosphere. The gameplay will be fundamentally the same as previous rounds, with a few modest changes, mostly in terminology. The parts in this round include the rebels, the loyalists, the foreign agent, the Agent of the Crown, the doctor and the constable. For comparison, these match up to the following parts from previous rounds.

rebels ----- citizens
loyalist ----- mafia
Agent of the Crown ----- new role
foreign agent ----- assassin
doctor ----- apothecary
constable ----- detective

There will be thirteen(13) rebels, three(3) loyalists, one(1) each of the Agent of the Crown, foreign agent, doctor and constable. All roles are picked using a random number generator (edtech.kennesaw.edu/intech/randomnumbergenerator.htm ) to assure fairness. The rules and descriptions of each role are outlined below:
---------------------------------------------
Rebel:
------
The average french citizen, takes part in "Normal Phase" where everyone chooses who to suspect and kill. They win if all loyalists are killed.

Loyalist:
---------
The small minority faction, takes part and mingles normally like a citizen in disguise and takes part in "Normal Phases" but afterwards gets a "Conspire phase" where they collaborate to kill someone that might be on to them. They win if they kill all rebels.

Agent of the Crown:
-------------------
The leader of the loyalists, he has one special ability, he appears to the constable as a normal citizen. No one knows his identity. He takes part in both the "Normal Phase" and the "Conspire Phase".

Foreign Agent:
--------------
The perfect murderer, he takes part and mingles normally as well like a citizen but his objectives are very different. He can be neither good nor bad but is in to win for himself. He gets an "Assassination Phase" where he may choose to kill anyone he wishes. Ironically, he may help the loyalists, or he may help the rebels. He wins the game if there are 5 people left including him. Time’s on his side. At the point in time that there are 5 people left, he will make his last night kill and disappear, off to cause death in some other town.
(--Change--: The Assassin may elect to continue playing until he is the final player. This option is reserved for the assassin who believes he can beat everyone to the bitter end.)

Doctor:
-------
The healer, acts like any other peasants but is virtually the opposite of the Foreign Agent. He wants to save as many people as he can. Now because more people are dying then living, he can't save everyone, but he can curb the death rate if he's lucky. He receives a "Protection Phase" after the loyalists and Foreign Agent's phases in which to save someone. The doctor can protect himself. And if the loyalists or Foreign Agent chooses to target the person he saves, then their murder is negated. He wins if all loyalists and the foreign agent are killed. So it helps to pay attention to the game if you're the doctor in order to figure out who to save.

Constable:
----------
The investigator of these mass murders, he acts like in other person and takes part in votes. But after all the phases, he receives an "Investigation Phase" in which he may choose someone he wants to investigate. He will get the result “Innocent” or “Guilty.” He may do whatever he wants with this information, whether he keep it secret or spill it to the public. He wins if all loyalists are killed.
---------------------------------------
Order of rounds:

Normal Phase (Everyone votes to lynch someone)
Conspire Phase (Loyalists vote to kill someone)
Assassination Phase (The Foreign Agent chooses to kill someone)
Protection Phase (The Doctor chooses someone to save)

Last Edited : Thursday, 22 June 2006 - 06:38

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Thursday, 22 June 2006 - 02:18

1. All votes will be placed in the vote thread, following the rules therein.

2. Each day lasts atleast 12 hours. This gives everyone time enough to post their thoughts for the day atleast once. The only exception will be if everyone posts atleast once in the day and the votes reach a majority, then the day will be ended early. A majority is 1/2 of the number of players plus one rounded down. For example, for 15 players, 8 players is a majority.

3. Nights will last a base of 12 hours. If all night actions are sent in before that, I will end night early, and add the remaining “night hours” onto the day.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a single "Bah!' post with no game information is acceptable).

5. Do not discuss significant game issues with other players outside this thread, unless you are a loyalist. This includes both IRC and PMs. Innocent chat in IRC I can stand, but nothing SIGNIFICANT. This is especially true for the constable: revealing the results of investigations anywhere except the game thread will result in modkills, not only for the offending constable, but for any townies that were exposed to the information.

6. Do not directly quote any external communication with me. This includes the PMs I send you with your roles as well as any communication we may have in IRC.

7. Do not edit game posts (aside from your vote in the vote thread). It is unethical and can mess up the game thread. Double and triple postings are ok! I will be lenient at first, but if I see evidence of malicious editing, I WILL modkill.

8. Have fun, don’t be an ass, participate.

9. Do not join if you intend on becoming inactive.

-----------------------------------------------------
Updated Player List

Sage
LOD
bow
pmnsuphafly
Sir Derrin
darkguy00000
Fullmetal_Alchemist

Dead Men: (So far all Rebels)

Tyler (Mafia killed Night 4)
Nebuchadnezer (Assassinated Night 4) --loyalist---
Disturbedyang (Guillotined Night 4) --detective---
Andonnas (Mafia killed Night 3)
Hankyspanky (Assassinated Night 3)
BigAmigo (Guillotined Day 3)
huitzilopochtli (Mafia killed Night 2)
Acebrock (Assassinated Night 2)
Deroin (Guillotined Day 2)
MarkK (Assassinated and mafia killed Night 1)
Gutterfly (Guillotined Day 1)

Last Edited : Monday, 10 July 2006 - 01:21

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 22 June 2006 - 17:36

To stop the confusion (since Ob didn't make it very clear)

The OTHER identically named thread is the signup thread. This is the one he eventually wants to use for the actual game.

Move your signups to the other thread, and I'll see about getting Mog to get this thread clean for when the game starts

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 23 June 2006 - 15:01

Major Rule Change for this round.

Doctor cannot protect themself. Sorry, if you get knocked unconscious, no way in hell can you save yourself.

Last Edited : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 02:48

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 23 June 2006 - 15:38

I agree with the doctor not being able to protect himself, but I think No Lynch should be an option.

This isn't just a crazy mob, or else there wouldn't be calm, rational discussion, now would there?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 23 June 2006 - 23:12

After much discussion, I've decided to allow a vote for No Lynch. However, remember the following, quoted from the wiki.

"In general, although Villagers will often feel they do not have enough information to kill someone, this is a bad choice because the Villagers are more likely to vote off a Mafia member than the Mafia are to kill a Mafia member."

Keep that in your mind.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 23 June 2006 - 23:28

I propose to you a situation:

There are four townies and two mafia left. There are no significant clues as to who is mafia.

The town is now in a lynch or lose situation. If they mislynch, and kill a townie...the mafia will kill a townie at night, bringing the total to 2 and 2, at which the mafia wins.

The chances of killing a mafia member is about 33%

If the townies decide to vote No Lynch, the mafia will kill a townie during the night, bringing the total to 3 townies, 2 mafia.

That means that, the next day, the town has a 40% chance of killing a mafia member.

Lynching wrong on either day will result in a loss...but mathematically, it's better for the town to wait!

Thus, the need for no lynch.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 02:54

I disagree. The mafia always have 100% to kill. The villagers % age to hit a mafia will go up the fewer that remains. Not lynching only gives the mafia a free kick without any risk for themself. This is best illustrated by thinking of what would happen if the villagers never would hang anyone.

Andonnas
Joined 19/06/2006

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 03:49

When you look at it from a probability point of view, it would always seem like a no lynch is good. But that is because the mafia would not kill one of their own, so the probability of hitting a mafia after a no lynch always goes up. But lynching is the only weapon that the town has, you have to use it as much as you can.

Last Edited : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 03:50

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 03:56

no no ....guys...
the townies in that situation must make the correct decisions till they kill all the mafias to win the game no matter they lynch someone at that turn or voted no lynch at that turn...they are in the same situation...
Just...if they voted no lynch for that turn, their possibility of voting a mafia is higher in the next...so it's best to vote for no lynch at that particular turn...hope you guys get what i mean...

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 04:06

If you follow that line of reasoning Yang, you shouldnt lynch anyone until the villagers and the mafia are equal in numbers, since until then the risk of killing a villager is higher than killing a mafia.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 05:24

when the villagers and the mafias are equal in numbers, the game ends in favour of the mafias since no matter what, the votes won't be higher on the mafia side(if the mafia is not dumb...)
That's kinda the point there...

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 07:09

Yes and thats exactly my point Letting the mafia kill without any risk that they get lynched will ofcourse favour them. So no lynching will always benefit the mafia

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 08:46

I still don't get it.
I understand your point if it is early in the game or middle of the game, but from Sage point of view it is at the end of the game, so that no lynch vote is actually better..there is no difference of risk watsoever since even if you are able to lynch one mafia...there`ll be another to do the killing....
No lynch does indeed favours the mafia but not in this case, i myself do not support no lynch early in the game just like the last game...

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 17:37

feel free to create a new thread concerning no lynch philosophy, but plz, lets keep the posting in this thread to a null value til i start this round....

Tyler salyers
Joined 13/05/2003

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 20:33

im in

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 24 June 2006 - 23:34

How about you DON'T lynch until the number of innocents + 1 = the number of mafia?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 25 June 2006 - 00:17

really guys.. bravo for paying attention

THE OTHER THREAD IS FOR SIGN UPS!!!

--and--

IF YOU WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT NO LYNCH, WAIT FOR THE ROUND TO START. OR MAKE ANOTHER THREAD.. I WANT THIS THREAD CLEAN FOR THE ROUND!!!

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 26 June 2006 - 22:20

The list has been moved up to the second post in this thread. There it will be updated as people are killed.

Final list of players...
As they are killed off, this list will be updated to show deaths and record when and how they were killed.

now for the fun part, let the game begin!
you should all receive your pm concerning ur part within the hour.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 22:42

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 26 June 2006 - 23:16

I didn't get one...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.158081 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap