HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 22:17  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
AuthorTopic : Mafia Game Three: French Revolution
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 12:14

Also, by "detective" I mean "constable" and by "mafia" I mean "loyalists"

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:12

Great plan, guys. Let's have no discussion whatsoever. I've seen probably 3/4ths of the players log on and log off without posting. Want to flip a coin? Random number generator? Lets vote for disturbedyang! Wait, how about Neb?

If we don't post, the mafia can get away with lurking too. Step it up guys, I wanna win.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:15

lolz, sage...why are you so rushing about things huh?...
*grinz*...
i kinda got some world cup fever really, couldn't really concentrate...headache and stuffs...but it`ll be a 2 days holidays for us...lolz...
I don't know really, i don't really jump into any discussion or accussing at the start of the game simply because i have no proof watsoever...it's random anyway...so lets try to get it a very "lucky" random...we might actually got the godfather...or...i can't remember what it's called...lolz
so i just wait and see...
okie...got ta go back to watch spain vs france...

MarkK
Joined 28/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:32

Problem is, is that for the first turn there's absolutely nothing to base any speculation on...

* starts wheeling the Random-number Generating Machine to center of town square *

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:33

okie...i ended up analyzing the posts instead before going off to watch...lolz

lets use the last time idea...vote off those inactives instead...
Those who are yet to post -
Hankyspanky - hmm...i thought he is very talkative?...hehe
Acebrock - as usual quiet i guess..
pmnsuphafly - he do post once or twice usually...a lil suspicious...
Sir Derrin - hmm...as usual inactives i guess?
Gutterfly - awfully strangely quiet....
Deroin - same as above...

as for the analyse....sort of...

I don't see any of them being suspicious...
*France nearly score at this point of the typing...fiuuhhhh*
Andonnas - i think his opinion is just a plain normal opinion...nothing suspicious really since this might be the first time he is playing.....i would suspect him if this is not the first time he plays with us..
bow - very "citizen" attitude i felt..hmm
sage - he is just hyper active as usual...although his vote on gutter do seems suspicious...
darkguy - lolz...he is just pissed he got killed in the last game...i got screwed by him too..haha

those that i don't really have any idea on...
Nebuchadnezer - seems supicious or maybe even citizen attitude...cause he said "no lynch" so that he can look very "citizen" but the truth is that he might be a mafia...
LOD - i don't know really...
MarkK - do look suspicious but i don't think it is enough..
Tyler - seems like using what he do in the last game as a way of earning our trust...hmm

those suspicious....
huitzilopochtli - for jumping so fast on a bandwagon...
Fullmetal_Alchemist - why darkguy's reasoning...why not the sage ones or anyone else...hmm...if he is mafia, then darkguy MIGHT be one too although FA might just jump on a bandwagon...so dark might be just as innocent...
BigAmigo - all the random guessing and stuffs...does seems that he is a mafia that don't really care who he votes as long as it is a citizen....although i don't really think that the lightning would struck a same place twice....hmm

so it is kinda up to you guys decide i think...for me, i would actually vote for those who still haven't post after a while...at least if we were wrong..we actually vote off inactives...

now back to the match...yeah....spain leading 1-0..

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:34

now you got one....markk..

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:41

Hehe...I haven't actually voted for Gutterfly.

I hate being on this side of the game, haha...I feel blind compared to knowing who everyone is

I do agree with one thing though. We SHOULD vote for the inactives. Not neccessarily vote to lynch them...but vote to get them to say SOMETBING.

In light of that, I'm going to vote for pmnsuphafly. The fact that he had time to make his post in the vote thread, but not time to post here, suggests a calculated lurking. I will likely withdraw my vote if he starts posting (hint hint: pfly, post if you value your life)

MarkK
Joined 28/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:44

Oh no, I'd go for no lynch again (for 2 turns) in this game but I know some folks would start wailing... So we're stuck killing someone for no good reason.

pmnsuphafly
Joined 21/06/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:44

I dont think its that smart to vote to kill people who are less talkative, sure mafia and assains talk less, but a smart mafia player I think would be unusually talkative.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 15:52

Pfly:

What the issue here is metagaming...the mindset that goes into how we play the game.

If we lynch the talkative players first, for the mere fact of them being talkative, we DISCOURAGE posting. Less posting means less evidence which means more chance of a mislynch.

By voting for the lurkers, we ENCOURAGE posting, forcing the loyalists to post more often. More posting on the part of the loyalists means more chance they'll slip up, which means more chance of a correct lynch on our part.

What you're proposing would hurt the town and it matches the mafia's strategy from previous games: kill off the talkative, analytical players early on.

MarkK
Joined 28/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:00

Looks like Oblivion started the game at 1:20am this morning. I think it's fair to give 24 hours before we can say someone's lurking.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:01

Hehe...I suppose not everyone can post as much as me

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:03

Oblivion could you please make a list of all the contenders and put it in the vote thread and in the first post in this one, its hard to find it now and also not easy to see who is too quiet for his own good

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:23

will do when i get on tonight
i am at the library right now
so i'll get to it
:p

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:44

Yang - "at least if we were wrong..we actually vote off inactives..."

Uhh!!! I did that last time with Galaga and *Poof* I am on some proposed mafial list round 2. Yes I WAS mafia, but that fact alone should not make me suspicious, or if it does then lets look at Yang.

But I am buying into Sage's idea... post or die.

Still got time... Still got time...

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 16:46

Hey Bow - You do relize that last game the first 3 on the vote list died the first day.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 17:42

Hey, I just got back, and it seems there plenty of conversation occuring, and I'm estatic.

And, anyone who reckons me pointing fingers at Acebrock is suspicious, just check the first two mafia games.

Right now no-one is particularly suspicious. The only thing most people are trying to do is trying to get attention away from themselves, and in the nature of this game, that'll backfire baaaaadly.

Well, anyway, we have to pick SOMEONE to lynch. We could go with the trend and vote off Gutterfly, OR we can listen to Darkguy for once, (and believe me it would be the first time), and lynch Acebrock, but I don't really think that's a great idea, as he hasn't said anything incriminating... well, I'm going to stay with my vote on Acebrock, for no reason other than laziness.

AND, because I don't really think anyone deserves a vote as of now.

I've reread the posts, mainly Yangs, as he's doing all the finger pointing, other than Sage, whose started with a joke, and mine, which has alwys been just alphabetical order, nothing special in this game.

Well, Yang, I must admit that I have got a few people following my idea, if for no reason other than nothing else to do! And if they are mafia, as BigAmigo said, as he was mafia, "He'll just jump on the bandwagon. It's an old mafia trick." He tried it last game, he escaped suspicion... for a while .

So, if FA is mafia, don't immediately think I am too... considering, I voted Acebrock first for all of the mafia games, it's not like I just started now.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 17:49

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 18:19

Okay...I've read up on the posts.

I've decided that we can all point fingers at each other, but we will really know nothing until this first vote is in. I've been standing in the middle of town waiting for MarkK, but haven't seen his Random-number Generating Machine yet. So unless he strolls around the corner soon, I'm in favor of voting the inactives. They don't help the town, and in most cases don't even vote, let alone throw in some insight. Crud...now I have to go find out who those people are...brb...

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 18:27

This is the list according to Yang...

Acebrock - as usual quiet i guess..
pmnsuphafly - he do post once or twice usually...a lil suspicious...
Sir Derrin - hmm...as usual inactives i guess?
Gutterfly - awfully strangely quiet....
Deroin - same as above...

Take Pfly off, since he talked. That leaves us with Ace, Sir, Gutter, and Deroin. Since none of them talked yet, I have no way to pick one that makes sense.

Sooooo...I'll wait to see who posts...when is this turn over?

Neb

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 18:43

markk - you should be very clear about the "no lynch" idea...we don't really get anything out of it at this stage of the game...that's my 2 cents at least..

BA - thats because you did it when we clearly had some suspect in mind...yet you are trying to divert our attention into something that is not there anymore...
the idea of these inactives were only usefull in my opinion at the early stage of the game...as sage said..to get players talking and thus the possibillity of a slip up...

darkguy - i suppose i did state that correctly up there in my post.....i won't put into such conclusion that you are a mafia if he is...afterall..he is the one jumping on a bandwagon..not you...

neb - the turn is over when there are majority votes..why are you so anxious?...*grinz*..

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap