HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 23:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
AuthorTopic : Mafia Game Three: French Revolution
pmnsuphafly
Joined 21/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 16:49

ok

Fullmetal_Alchemist
Joined 31/05/2006

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 17:02

I couldn't get on last night cause the server was done or something. Everytime I typed www.waronline.net it came up that site can not be found. Finally it just came up the page can not be displayed.

Anyhow, I see I missed a lot. I'm voting for deroin, I never thought BA was mafia, I just wondered if he was the assassin, but if Deroin is admitting to being the assassin that clears BA in my book.

Goes to vote for deroin.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 17:11

I wouldn't be so quick to clear BA, Alchemist.

My suspicion lies on the possibility that maybe Deroin is mafia, and staged this whole event to distract us from BA. Why would Deroin sacrifice himself to save BA? If BA was the Godfather! (sorry...Agent of the Crown)

That's just a hypothesis, though, there's no way to prove it. Alternatively, Yang would be the Godfather...him and BA are both close in votes. Either could have sent Deroin to his death.

We'll have to wait and see what Deroin is. If he's mafia, my theory, I think, would be likely. If he's the assassin, we can just conclude that Deroin was stupid. If he's a rebel...then we can just conclude...uh...that he's REALLY stupid?

Fullmetal_Alchemist
Joined 31/05/2006

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 17:19

Will see...By tonight we should have a few more pieces to the puzzle, hopefully.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 17:36

I read some posts this morning...then reread them this afternoon. Did Deroin really write that?!?! I don't see how we can pass up lynching Deroin. He is either mafia or assassin if he claims he can kill Sage. I just find it hard to believe he would be that dumb...which leads me to believe he's running interference for someone who was on the chopping block...Yang or BA. I don't understand it, but I have to vote Deroin...he obviously wanted us to for some reason...

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 17:50

I'm afraid, though, that once Deroin's dead, the mafia will say "hm...well, since he can't get Sage, lets do it ourselves."

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:17

And if the mafia dont get sage, then maybe it is because Sage is Mafia, maybe even godfather type mafia.

But , yes we have to go after Deroin after that comment.

Sorry my newly acquired clan mate.

Sage, you do know, that if I get lynched before you, and you will see that I am not mafia, they will be coimming for you next to be lynched, if your mafia or not.

Detective type, check me out tonight should I survive the lynching. If I am mafia, then come out and tell them, the doctor can protect you. If I am not mafia, just keep quiet.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:20

I understand that I put my life at risk, BA, by accusing you. I'm willing to.

Your suggestion that the constable investigate you to prove your innocence sounds like a godfather trying to make use of his special ability! An investigation of you will prove nothing. Only a lynching.

But maybe tomorrow

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:25

DUDE!!! Your the Godfather, I cant make it more clear.

Hey Guilitine man, Lets lynch this Deroin guy!!!!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:28

What have I done to earn your suspicion? Other than vote for you? Your argument against me is flimsy. My argument against you is much stronger.

If we lynch you and you're innocent, then yes, that makes a case against me. If we lynch you and you're a mafia or the godfather, well, I'll be validated.

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:43

I'm telling you, you won't be validated. You'll be beheadadated.

What is your "case" against me?

C'mon Oblivo , it's time for a lynch mob!!!!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 19:44

I'll tell you tomorrow.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 20:10

"I'm the fncking foreign agent! The damn loyalists stole my kill on the first night! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! SAGEY! I'm coming for you Sage!!!!!" Deroin had snapped. He ran through the streets with a knife hunting for something, anything. His broken mind fastened upon the first thing he came across. Sage happened to be the first thing to happen across Deroin's view.

Sage called for help and the town quickly had Deroin subdued. Four people had to sit on him to keep him down. Even with this weight upon him, Deroin cackeled crazily. When everyone had finished debating the incident, someone was sent to find Oblivion. There was no doubt about who to send to the guillotine tonight.

Before Oblivion reached the platform however, BigAmigo began to grow restless. He began to hurl insults at none other than Sage. Sage attempted to appease BA with logic, but to no avail. Lucky for all present, Oblivion came around the corner and announced that the guillotine was ready.

Pmnsuphafly, Acebrock, Tyler Salyers and LOD each held a limb of Deroin as he was half carried, half dragged to the town square. Sage thought about helping them out when Deroin thrashed, but decided that it would be best to keep his distance from someone out for his blood.

As Deroin was strapped into the guillotine, Oblivion looked into his dark eyes and saw no hint of a soul. He came to the conclusion that this man had gone mad. Without further hesitation, Oblivion pulled the ripcord and with a sickening sluice, the guillotine slid home.

Deroin was an innocent. It is now Night time.

Last Edited : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 20:11

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 22:35

(Disclaimer: This narration will not be nearly as good as the ones previous for two reasons. One, I have not been given enough material to make a dysfunctional character out of either victim. Second, I am pressed for time.)

Huitz waved Acebrock over to his table in the bar. Before Acebrock could get a word in edgewise, Huitz broke down. "Ace, I can't believe we're being manipulated like this. First Gutterfly, then MarkK, and now Deroin. Not a single bad man has been killed. What are we to do?" Huitz all but broke down into tears.

Awkwardly, Acebrock tried to comfort Huitz, "There is nothing we could've done to save MarkK, nothing at all. And well for the other two, it's in the past, nothing we can do now. I guess there is one thing that we can do... We can visit their graves and pay our respects?"

"Sure, sounds like the least we can do.." As Huitz said this, he stood up and began to walk towards the door of the bar. Acebrock felt obliged to rise and follow.

As they walked to the graveyard, Acebrock called a halt to Huitz, "Huitz, I think the ale isn't agreeing with me..." Huitz backtracked to Acebrock and found him retching. Huitz began to get worried. Acebrock went from bad to worse in mere seconds. Now, he was puking up blood. Huitz paniced and fled back towards the pub, only to run into a big unyeilding person.

"Uh, uh, uh, Huitz. We have a proposition for ya." Said the person. Then another voice came from slightly to the right, "Ya, it's really an offer you can't refuse." Huitz began to flail against this huge stranger restraining him.

A third voice piped in, "Why do they always fight? I mean you even said that he CANNOT refuse..."

Huitz was found just before sunrise swaying from a tree in the graveyard. Like MarkK, he was tarred and feathered.

Once again, the doctor returned home without using his expertise.

It is now day 3.

I will be on vacation for a few days, so day three will last until i get back.

SHould be about 4 days. Happy hunting.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 23:04

As requested, I will now present my case against BA.

I've already stated my opinion on how he played in the early game. He pointed a lot of fingers, didn't really seem to care who got lynched. But I've said all that, it's been dealt with, that won't be my case against him anymore.

I'd like to highlight a few suspicious things he's done/said.

1. The first day, he put in a vote for MarkK. He failed to get a bandwagon started on MarkK, so he jumped on the bandwagon (Gutterfly), while at the same time saying hostile things toward me.

Gutterfly was lynched as innocent. MarkK died that night.

The next day, he puts in a vote on Huitz. When that failed to start a bandwagon, he jumped on the other bandwagon (Deroin), while at the same time saying VERY hostile things toward me. If he seriously thought I was the Godfather, why didn't he vote for me?

Deroin was lynched as innocent. Huitz died that night.

There is a formulaic pattern to BA's actions, a careful calculation. He casts suspicion on other players, but votes with the crowd so he doesn't stand out.

2. BigAmigo suddenly becomes VERY accusatory of me when I mention him as a possible godfather. His posts previous to that point could be measured about a 6 or a 7 on the hostility meter...after I mention he's the godfather, he escalates to a 9 or 10.

"And if the mafia dont get sage, then maybe it is because Sage is Mafia, maybe even godfather type mafia."

"DUDE!!! Your the Godfather, I cant make it more clear."

I don't have to mention the fact that I didn't die last night suggests that maybe BA kept me alive in hopes of getting me lynched today

And, to top it off, he made THIS comment in an attempt to defend himself against my comment that he could be the godfather:

"Detective type, check me out tonight should I survive the lynching. If I am mafia, then come out and tell them, the doctor can protect you. If I am not mafia, just keep quiet."

I think all of us are aware that the godfather shows up innocent to investigations. His "defense" is no defense at all, since if my allegation were true, the test could NOT succeed. Also, the way he phrased it "if I'm innocent, jsut keep quiet" set him up to appear innocent even if the detective DIDN'T take orders.

This is my case against you, BA. All compiled into one post. I think the best action we can take now is to lynch BA. Either he's mafia, and I'll be validated...or he's innocent, in which case I'll be, in BA's own words, probably "beheadedated"

Acebrock
Joined 8/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 23:32

EVIL ASSASSIN!

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Friday, 30 June 2006 - 23:57

Sage has been setting me up from the start, not hard enough to get me lynched, just hard enough to keep me in your thoughts.

go back and read all of Sage's posts, just his posts, nobody else's. You'll see what I think is his obvious manipulation of the masses. Remember Sage brought us this game, he is indeed the master of it.

Here are the facts at this point. There are 8 citizens left, 2 of which are the doc and detective.
If Sage can convince you to lynch me, he can cut us down to 6 by himself. Even if the mafia gets the assisian and he gets one of them, it's still 3 of them and 7 of us. By the way, it appears that the assisan strikes first and the mafia 2nd, so were down 2 even if Sage and the mafias kill the asasian. He can at this point, turn 4, either 6-4 or 7-3, take the lynching himself, have the mafia take the free hit on the citzs and now we are down to 5-3, 4-3-1 depending on what happens to the asassian. with them knowing who is not mafia, they are at the advantage as they are 100% sure to kill a citizens.

We are in a do or die situation now, we can not be wrong. We need the detective to come forth and the doctor to prepare to defend him. We have to know, with some certainity, who is or who is not normal citizens. The only way this can not happen is if both players the detective has investigated are dead, thenhe has to stay hidden.

I am really sure that Sage is mafia. Probably the head dude. We need to go after him now, at this point, before he bends the odds farther. Unless a detective tells me otherwise, then Sage is my vote.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 1 July 2006 - 00:10

Why would I PURPOSELY set you up and not lynch you? I tried hard to get you lynched Day 1 instead of Gutterfly. You just jumped on Gutterfly. He was innocent. Who's more suspicious? The guy who voted to kill the innocent, or the guy who turned his suspicions toward SOMEONE WHO HAD ACTUALLY POSTED SUSPICIOUS THINGS?

I invite you all to go back and read my posts, but BA's suggestion that you read them out of context is ridiculous. Obviously I will look manipulating when you isolate my posts. If you read them in context, you will find that my arguments have been pro-town, through and through. I have never advised a course of action that would hurt the town. Even in the case of voting for Deroin...it's obvious that, even though Deroin was innocent, he certainly wasn't pro-town. He screwed us over big-time, and for what reason I don't know.

Your math is correct, BA. A mislynch at this point, while not neccessarily fatal, would be devastating. A mislynch, followed by a mafia hit and an assassin kill on citizens would result in FIVE citizens, four mafia, and an assassin. At that point, we'd have to hope and pray not only that we lynched right, but also that the assassin would find a streak of goodness in him...or fall asleep

This is a desperate situation, and I think BA is mafia. HOWEVER! I would like the detective to come forward. Tell us the results of your investigations. We need as much info on the table as possible.

I ask all of you to go back and reread the thread. Consider who has acted suspiciously and who has tried to steer you in the right direction.

I am not mafia, and I am not the assassin. I'm just a pro-town player. I ask for your trust.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 1 July 2006 - 01:30

I wonder how the assassin likes his job, I mean the hours musn't be that great, then you have moral difficulties, and no lynch coverage in cases of general public outrage
Poor guy...

But BigAmigo and Sage are throwing accusations and hostility at each other like... well, two people suspicious of each other scared for their lives, I suppose

But, we have to explore ALL the options.

1. BigAmigo or Sage could be the constable, trying to keep their identity secret while throwing blame on a person whom they investigated and know are loyalist;
2. They might BOTH be loyalist, throwing suspicions onto each other to keep themselves secretive;
3. They might be a pair of rebels, scared for their own safety;
4. It's possible one is loyalist, trying to shift suspicion, and get rid of a person who is onto them.

They might be the doc, but the doc in this case I am stereotyping as a rebel, because the "Rescue Action" of the doc doesn't have a lot to do with the debate topic. Also, the Agent of the Crown I have stereotyped with the loyalist, as his "Invisibility" ability doesn't have anything to do with the discussion either.

Right now, I'm staying out of the Sage v BA debate until there is enough evidence for me to consider getting involved. At the moment, Sage has the more convincing argument, as his argument uses genuine facts (ie. past posts and votes), even though we have been shown before that the mafia / Men of Warsalittle / loyalists can pick off a person accused by a peasant / citizen / rebel to cause suspicion between the peasants / citizens / rebels.

But before BigAmigo can get some momentum for his "Kill Sage" campaign, he'll want some proof, not just wild speculation, although that has been proven to help in rare cases...

My rather long two cents on this subject.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 1 July 2006 - 01:34

Post Script of Former Post:

Whoops! I fogot something, but can't edit, so I'll put it here:

We need some information by the constable here. No matter who it is, not matter what the results, the rebels ask of you, to come forth and deliver what information you have gathered by today.

Please.

End Post Script.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap