HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 20:36  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 20:35

Rules

1. Votes should be placed in the vote thread in the following format

Vote 1: Sage

If you change your vote, simply edit the post like so:

Vote 1: Sage
Vote 2: Mog

NEVER delete evidence of a vote.

2. The day will end after a simply majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players, plus one, rounded down) to lynch. This means that if there are 20 players to begin with, it will take 11 votes to lynch. Alternatively, if a majority can not be reached, I will either set a deadline. At the end of the deadline, the player with the most votes dies. I, and only I, will end each day.

3. Nights will last a base of 12 hours, and no longer than 24 if it can be avoided. We only have the mafia to worry about, and they should be able to decide in that amount of time.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a single "Bah!" post with no game information is acceptable).

5. Do not discuss significant game issues with other players outside this thread, unless you are mafia. This includes both IRC and PMs. Innocent chat in IRC I can stand, but nothing SIGNIFICANT. This is especially true for the detective: revealing the results of investigations anywhere except the game thread will result in modkills, not only for the offending detective, but for any townies that were exposed to the information.

6. Do not directly quote any external communication with me. This includes the PMs I send you with your roles as well as any communication we may have in IRC.

7. Do not edit game posts (aside from your vote in the vote thread). It is unethical and can mess up the game thread. Double and triple postings are ok! I will be lenient at first, but if I see evidence of malicious editing, I WILL modkill.

8. Have fun, don’t be an ass, participate.

The players are as follows:

Coopels
Corflu
Sage
Oblivion
Biscuit
Sanshiro
tarim
kong
mwmoss

***DEAD***
darkguy0000

Last Edited : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 10:00

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 20:36

Last Edited : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 20:59

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 20:58

The setup:

With 10 players, there will be:
3 mafia
5 townies
1 doctor
1 detective

Roles

Regular citizen of the Fast Food City.
You are a regular citizen of Fast Food City. You go about your business of selling your chain's fast food. Sure, you aren't thrilled about the other competition out there, but you would never do anything to harm a fellow Fast Foodian. You job is to seek out and lynch those that would bring harm to your fellow citizens. You win when all the mafia is lynched.

Mafia
You are also a citizen of Fast Food City. But unlike the regular citizens, you are upset with the competition, and seek to destroy them...literally. Under cover of night, you and your fellow mafia will methodically eliminate the competition in any way possible. You win when the number of mafia left = the number of other players.

Doctor
As a long standing member of Fast Food City, you have a special ability to save another member of the City by inviting them over for dinner. You win with the citizens.

Detective
You are one of the wisest citizens of Fast Food City. Your wisdom allows you to see the motives of one other citizen each night. You win with the citizens.

As I assign roles, each of you will be given a character to go with your role. You may use that or not...but be sure I will use it in your death scene.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 21:20

The story:

Wow! What a party! Fast Food City just threw the wildest New Year's Party ever. Everyone had gathered in the Town Center for music, dancing, beverages, and (of course) food. Every fast food chain was represented, and it was a wild time! Ronald McDonald's 'fro was the biggest it's ever been. Jared from Subway forgot to wear his skinny pants and was constantly tripping over his fat pants, much to the amusement of the Arby's Oven Mitt, who couldn't keep his 'mitt' off of Jared all night. The Burger King was his usual scary self, until the Wendy's Girl got him alone on the dance floor (details not available). Big Boy and the Taco Bell Dog discussed the finer points of size vs. use, while the Hardee's Star kept trying to hide in Jack in the Box. The Hamburglar was his usual theiving self, and even managed to steal the Colonel's secret recipe until the Colonel caught him by the neck with his cane.

The party lasted until the wee hours of the morning, when everyone went home to sleep off the effects. At noon the next day, all the characters would gather back in the Town Center to retell stories of the previous night, and finish off any leftover food.

As they converged on the Town Center, they noticed an ecxess of chicken feathers scattered everywhere. Had the Colonel's chickens gotten loose again? Upon entering the Town Center, they beheld a most gruesome sight...

The Colonel had been sliced and diced, cooked in his own special recipe (the original crispy one), and packed into one of his own buckets...complete with potatoes, gravy, biscuits, and a side of corn.

The 10 citizens of Fast Food City were in shock...it was then they started to look at each other with suspicion in their eyes. Who would kill the founding father of their City...

(roles coming shortly)

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 21:47

Roles are out! Begin Day One!

Edit: Characters are for story telling purposes only. Revealing your character will in no way affect your chances of winning or losing. As I stated before, feel free to use them, or disregard...prior to you revealing your role, nobody else in the game is aware of each individual's role.

Last Edited : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 22:07

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 21:57

As I chomped down on a ThickBurger (R), I looked around at everyone with a wary eye. I have my suspicions on who is responsible for this. Though, undoubtably, all of us stand to gain from this. So motive isn't sufficient to figure out who to trust. I do believe that Wendy is in the clear.. She and I should strike up a conversation.. Perhaps I will escape the fate of the dear colonel...

(I am the Hardee's Star for you thickle-headed people.. and I think we should all play this game In Character.. as our roles.. thats just a personal request though..)

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 22:20

Ok, guys, I realize my being here presents a sort of conundrum.

If I'm mafia, you're doomed. I say this not necessarily from arrogance, but from experience. Relax, though. I am not mafia.

However, you can't take my word on that. Neither can you lynch me, "just in case." With 3 bad guys, this game is VERY precariously balanced. We need to get a correct lynch by Day 2 at the latest. This means we need to decide who to kill today by sound logic, not paranoia.

That's not even mentioning the fact that I am one of our best weapons against the mafia. Since last playing here, I have been playing games on mafiascum.net. I have honed my skills as a townie and am now BETTER suited to the job than I was in the past. Keep me alive, and we will prevail over the mafia.

However, the mafia is not working under the handicap that the rest of us are. They know I am not mafia, and they will be coming after me. Even if you refrain from doing their work for them by lynching me, they WILL come after me night 1. That is why I'm proposing the following plan, which will both clear my name AND allow me to hunt down the mafia:
----------------------------
There is a detective and a doctor in this game. I am neither. I propose, first of all, that the doctor protect me tonight. That way, if the mafia tries to kill me tonight, they fail.

Yes, I could be mafia and lying to you. However, take the risk. Wasting a doctor's protection on Night 1 is not that big of deal, as you were likely to fail anyways. A bigger loss would be to lose one of your best townies.

The second part of my plan is for the detective to investigate me tonight. If he comes back with a guilty verdict, the detective steps forward, has me lynched, and the doctor takes up protection of the detective. Sounds good, right?

If the detective comes up with an innocent, however, all he has to do is NOTHING. By remaining passive, he neither exposes himself or condemns me. The doctor can then keep protecting me against mafia attacks until the detective, hopefully with a guilty verdict or two, chooses to come forward.

The only way this plan could fail is if the detective is (A. Lynched or (B. Night killed.

B is unlikely, but possible. I seriously doubt, however, that we will lynch the detective. We're all smart enough to avoid that.

I realize that this was an unusually long opening post for a waronline mafia game, but I consider this to be an unusual circumstance. Read over the plan, PLEASE. Give your comments.

And lets get some mafia scum.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 22:49

At this point I'm going to vote Tarim for deliberately deciding not to post in the thread, despite being online and posting in the vote thread.

Don't be shy, guys! The only way we can win is if we get talking. And the only way to get talking is to...well...start! My first post gave you something concrete to discuss, so lets get started!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 23:08

I'm all for your plan seeing as you seem to know your onions and this is my first mafia game.
Oh, by the way, would you like onions with your Big boy?

Mr.Hardee, being from England I'm unaware of some of the fast food chains represented and their products but seeing as I'm Big boy I'll take being called a thickie as a compliment.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 23:10

Hey, I've just spent these minutes organising my last post which I started before your 22:49 post.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 23:14

Don't worry, all I wanted was for you to post. I have no suspicion of you at this point.

I have a plan in mind for catching a mafia today. I'm letting it stew around a little more. In the mean time, I'll let everyone introduce themselves. I'm the Taco Bell Dog.

Yo queiro encontrar la mafia!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 1 January 2007 - 23:23

I remember you, we were chatting at the party. You did disappear off to the bathroom for a while at one point but with the amount of soda's drunk I can't say that that's particularly suspicious.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 00:28

Another mafia game and again I'm just another townie. As I expect to die during the first night phase (again), I'll let you know my thoughts now. Let's do what Sage suggests. I think 3 mafia are a bit too much for a 10 player game, so Sage's words seem very well thought out. Since we will know for sure if he is a townie, and he'll be protected, it is a good plan. And if, as expected, Sage is a townie, he's one of the best at this game, and will help us townies win. Of course the townies with special abilties need to be active and do their part correctly.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 02:54

These mafia games are getting to be fun especially as now we have an external consultant who seems to bring in a whole new style of playing. As one of the townies I might very well go along with Sage's idea, though I'll need to hear more arguments on who to lynch, as Sage says while it "stew around a little more". So let's hear it from everyone.

I apologise for not being completely familiar with ALL the special characters of the fastfood chains, and while I have lived in the USA for a wee while, I couldn't tell you who is what. Being the Burger King, I think there's no need to expand that a King seems like a better mascot than a dog or a boy or a clown.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 03:59

*sigh* Leave it to Neb to give me the Wendy’s girl's role.

Some of my early thoughts...

Oblivion, being himself, posted first again to kick things off. A brave notion considering how much trouble he got into before by posting first. Nothing to go off of there though since had he not posted first he would have probably seemed more suspicious...

Seemingly, Sage is a citizen like us since his post's logic shows that if he were a mafia guy then he'd be dead by the end of day 2. His plan makes sense allowing us to keep our most experienced citizen alive and therefore giving us the best chance to win. Still, whoever the detective is should probably follow that plan just in case he’s trying to trick us. Doubtful at this point, but possible I guess...

Otherwise I’m stumped so far, nobody has done anything suspicious.... stop tricking the little girl with the red ponytails!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 04:55

I AM THE HAMBURGLER!

Your non-McDonalds franchises cannot compete with our delicious burgers and fries!

Now I'm going to be serious. I agree, Sage is a powerful player, and he's right: if hes' mafia, we're practically screwed, and if he's town, we have good winning chances.

Coops, Sage is not the most experiened player, at least not on WoL. Granted overall he probably is, so I suppose your point is valid.

I'm not either the doctor or the detective.

I've left blank lines on either side of that statement to make it easier to read for people who are simply skimming the thread. I'm not claiming any special roles.

I agree with the Sage plan. Doc protects him, detective investigates him, then comes forward and gives the results. Then the doc protects the detective while he searces for the other mafia (either two or three, depending on Sage's role).

Now, with ten players we should have a fairly active player roster, which is good. Sage is again correct for voting Tarim, because it encouraged him to post. So its' basically post or risk being lynched. This in turn forces the mafia's activity up, increasing the likelyhood that they will slip up.

Right now nothing is suggesting itself to me. No-one is really suspicious this early in the game.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 08:33

Well like I said, I was already in the middle of my post so I hardly needed any encouragement.

One thing I will say as an honest-to-God citizen is that I'm neither of the special roles either Darkguy, but if I were I wouldn't give it away to the mafia so easily (and I'm hoping you were thinking the same thing).
By Sage taking the fall-guy role the rest of us open ourselves up to a mafia attack (because they probably won't waste it on him now), so the best course of action is to obfuscate their attack. Unfortunately, by coming up with the plan, Sage is categorically stating he is neither of the specials so the mafia are going to come for us.
Therefore it is essential that we (the citizens) deny any special abilities en masse.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 08:46

You guys have clearly eaten too much fast food junk over the holidays. You need to be eating just 6 grams of fat or less per meal. That is why I, Jared, invite you to Subway for a real healthy lunch to discuss this matter. And you have 6 sandwiches to choose from!

The Sage plan sounds worthwhile to me. After all, there were no noticeable dog bite marks on the victim. And he is willing to be found out if he is mafia which won't cost us much. I wonder if he is related to Paris Hilton's pooch? She and Nicole Ritchie dine at Subway frequently.

The Biscuit must be an executive at his company, since I do not see his character! While endorsing the Sage plan for now, I would like to know early on if Biscuit is mafia or just a fast food executive as he appears to be. If not mafia, I would like to listen to his advice here so I do not wind up like Wendy's father, Dave.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 09:06

..And finally let's not forget the possibility that it's the ol' double-bluff by Sage.

He knows the spotlight will fall on him so could be making himself the mafia sacrifice to ease their way.
Maybe he didn't just slip off to the toilet.
Was Sage indeed an ingredient in the Colonel's secret recipe and devoid of financial remuneration decided to off the old goat??

We may find him out as Mafia, in which case the Doctor's 1st housecall is wasted and there's a 2 in 7 chance they'll get one of the specials come nightfall...and worse, we may already have lynched one of our own, making it a 1 in 3 chance for the mafia!
It may be in our interests for the Detective to come forward so the Doctor can protect him instead but I think this point should be discussed properly before (and if) the P.I. does this.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 10:24

I am the arby oven mit BEWARE!!!
before we start lynching, I say we keep an eye on anything kinda outa the ordinary for a townie.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap