HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 23:56  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:07

As the Jack in the Box I propose peace and harmony to all fellow fast food vendors. There really is enough business for us all. Well, except for that evil Carl's Jr vendor who has yet to reveal himself. If there is one Mafia it is that one!

As I am new to this game, I am not familiar with Sage (or the game really), so I am willing to take Sage's statements at face value for now. As such I pledge to follow his plan in the first vote. The only question is, who to lynch or not this day?

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:09

Ok, here are my thoughts:

The reason I wanted everyone to claim characters is that, because I know Neb like I know me, he almost probably wouldn't have resisted the urge to make 'The Hamburgler' one of our three mafia. I was thinking, worst case scenario, we force everyone to claim and the hamburgler would be stuck. However, darkguy has volunteered.

Therefore, darkguy, you are currently at the top of my List of Suspicion. Also, you got my plan wrong. The detective should ONLY comes forward if he gets a guilty.

The second person on my LoS is tarim, but mostly for reasons that could be contributed to his inexperience. He has expressed the most doubt over my plan.

Point One: This is not a bluff. Were I mafia, I could be far more effective than merely sacrificing myself, causing you to waste a doctor's night power. Since this is your first game, you don't know the extent of my manipulation skills.

Point Two: I don't mean this to sound arrogant, but at this point it may be more important to protect me than to protect the detective. I only really need to survive through Day 2...by then, I should have a good sense of the game and can point out likely mafia. At that time I would support the detective coming forward, and will happily be slaughtered by the mafia in favor of protecting the detective. On Night One, however, the chances for his survival are the highest they'll be all game...I'm confident he'll survive.

Neither darkguy or tarim are really suspicious at this point, but I'm keeping my eye on you two. Detective, if you believe me about my identity, feel free to investigate darkguy...I think he may come up guilty. However, if there is any doubt in your mind about me telling the truth, investigate me. It won't be a completely wasted night, because at least you'll be confirming my innocence.

Lets have the few remaining silent people post.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:10

In the interest of provoking discussion: What would you guys think of lynching darkguy on Day 1? Do you agree that the Hamburgler is more likely than any other role to be mafia?

(I'm not calling for anyone to vote for darkguy...yet. This is just for discussion)

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:14

kk

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:21

Care to explain why you voted for me, kong?

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:29

it seems suspicous that your completely pushing everything out on everyone else, and you also have more posts about lynching other players than everyone combined.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:34

Oh...that's understandable. I'm glad you have a valid reason for voting me.

Do note, though, I'm talking about an eventual lynch. I plan to make sure nobody is lynched until there is a good amount of evidence against them.

People who have played with me in the past can vouch for my good nose for catching mafia. I have played one game before as town. Town won. In one game I played assassin (lone wolf) in a game with a town and TWO mafias. I singlehandedly destroyed one of the two mafias: got two of them lynched, and took the last member out with my night kill.

I am completely arrogant, and this trait is showing. I apologize if it looks like I'm leading the town...but I will admit to it. I am leading the town. The question is whether I am leading the town to good or to evil...a question which the detective can answer tonight.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 12:35

In a very early post Obliver Hardee, with no sound reasoning, pretty much acquitted Wendy of any wrongdoing. That's the one thing that has set me thinking that they're already incahoots.

Hamburglar, in turn, may or may not be a red herring, however well you know the workings of Neb's mind.

Also by the fact I took the time to scrutinize your plan Sage, you should be able to tell that I'm one of the good guys.In fact I'll bet a couple of the agreeniks on the first turn may actually be mafia trying to throw us off the scent so I'm just doing my bit as a free-thinking individual. I don't mind the glare of the spotlight one bit and if I survive to be detected then I too shall be vindicated.

So by my reasoning I'm going to vote for Wendy, as Hardee (if left alive) may well implicate the third mafiosi.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 14:06

I am keeping my vote as is Sage. I think the risk of lynching a townie by accident is to great. Once we know if you can be trusted on day 2, I will either bow to you as the official Townie Food Inspector with full rights to shut down any vendor. If you turn out to be a greedy gut mafia type, I will then have to point out that there are ****roaches living in your shake machine and that your fry cook has been using the vat oil to greese his hair.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 14:11

i withdraw my attack on sage

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 14:22

MODERATOR NOTE:

It is fine if you refer to people by their 'character' in this thread. However, when you vote, please vote for the WoL person, not the character. That will get too confusing, i.e., 'Wendy' is not a valid vote.

Neb

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 16:37

Okies, I think I'll be changing my vote anyway. If Oblivion is saying Coopels is innocent it's either one mafia supporting another or a mafia subtley incriminating a citizen so I guess the lesser suspicion falls on Coop.

Sage, though it's fair to follow your train of thought as to protecting and detecting you in day one, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, following your choice of who to lynch as well would be giving you too much power if it did indeed turn out that you're a wrong'un (and we'd all be seriously kicking ourselves too).

How about letting someone else lead the lynch mob, eh? Oblivion is the only player trying to defend someone from the get-go as opposed to your reasoning "the word Burglar is in his name, he must therefore be guilty" (sorry to paraphrase).
I hope I'm not wrong but I am tending toward Oblivion and then, if right, with all probability Coopels.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 16:45

I believe Oblivion's first post was merely a conversation piece. At the time, it's highly likely he didn't even know which player was connected to the Wendy identity. When you look at some of Oblivion's opening posts in other games, I wouldn't take what he said here too seriously. In the last game, he started the game by claiming detective and doctor, then he said "Nevermind." He was town.

We call it "Oblivion drool." It refers to his tendency to confound us.

Now, as to the lynch issue: I have come across differently than I intended. I do not want to lead a lynch mob, and hope that NOBODY is going to lead any sort of mob. We are going to pressure players, see how they respond under pressure, and judge. If we judge their responses to be town worthy, we move on. If we judge their responses to be mafia-ish, we press harder. Only when we're relatively sure should we lynch.

We now have two different scenarios to talk about:

(1. Oblivion is mafia because his first post declared a player innocent. This is odd because a non-mafia player is sure of only one person's innocence: himself.

(2. Darkguy is mafia because the Hamburglar is a character that practically calls out to be made mafia.

Obviously, Scenario 1 seems more likely, but only if you don't take into account Oblivion's special ways of behaving. We should still discuss it, however, and I encourage Oblivion to defend himself.,

Scenario 2 needs evidence to back it up, but I believe our answer lies down that road. That does not mean we should lynch darkguy. That means I believe we should PRESSURE him, and see where things go.

Darkguy, you're online now. I give you the floor.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 16:48

Also wish to note, though I'm not casting any suspicion right now...

Tarim, by distracting from my efforts at darkguy and minimizing them ('just because he has burgler in his name') you are, in a way, defending darkguy. However, your logic for doing so is more or less sound, so it's not scummy. But I will remember it if we ever find out darkguy is guilty.

Ah, I love this paranoia. I suspect everyone!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 16:55

I agree with Coopels and the fact that Sage could be deliberately sacrificing himself to put the citizens "on wood" (ie. must get all lynches correct to win. It's a 500 term.)

For example.
We mislynch (most likely). Mafia kills, its' 5 citz and 3 mafia. We kill Sage (of course, this is assuming he is mafia, and that the detective has told us this), and we go down to 5 citz 2 mafia, then the mafia kill AND WE MUST GET A CORRECT LYNCH, or we lose.

Sage could very well be sacrificing himself to give the mafia very high winning chances. Or he might not be.

And Sage, if the detective didn't come out if you were innocent, we couldn't be guareenteed that you were innocent. Ok, most likely you WOULD BE but in a ten player game I'm not going to begin taking chances. A single shred of doubt could possibly lose us the game.

Of course all of the above relies on the assumption that Sage IS mafia.

Of course if he IS NOT, the detetive will either remain silent (which could put us in a rather confusing position, or come out and SAY that he is innocent. The second option surely is a lot more... what's the word... "believable", I think, but I'm sure theres' a better word out there. But the detective coming out has the disadvantage of tying up the doctor and making the detective potentially vulnerable in the later game.

Also I believe that voting for me on the basis of my characters' name is rather bizarre. Ok, if it is just to see my reaction, then fine, but surely Neb dispelled that himself:

Characters are for story telling purposes only. - Neb.

Perhaps that has cleared up something. In regard to my lack of posting, I was asleep. .

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 16:58

I forgot to write this above:

Sages' hypothesis (1) above could very well be correct, especially since it was BEFORE anyone had actually cast suspicion. Of course, knowing Oblivion he has some astoundingly deep mental reason to do this that will be manifested in the later parts of the game (assuming he is alive then).

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 17:00

Well, everyone agrees that the detective should investigate me tonight, right?

I would take a silent detective to mean that he hasn't gotten a guilty verdict. After all, there's only so many alternatives:

(1. Got a guilty verdict but didn't come forward (why?)
(2. Didn't investigate me (why?)
----------------------
I have responses to your other points, darkguy, but I realized that if I monopolize the talking in this thread, I won't learn anything about people's motives. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning, and then post again.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 17:08

Of course there are MANY different scenarios. The mafia could, say, counterclaim the detective if Sage was mafia, and then create crazy complications.

Yeah, Sage, those two scenarios you put forward are rather unlikely but still we can't afford to take chances in a game that one mislynch forces us to be correct for the rest of the game, opening up some interesting sacrificial possibilities to the mafia, especially on Day 2 if we mislynch today and their night kill succeeds.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 17:15

Oblivion hasn't been online at all today, in fairness to his not posting... And Darkguy, Sage may have distilled it into a sentence but it was MY hypothesis.

Anyway, I agree Sage should be investigated turn 1 and also with the idea for a silent detective (that I hadn't thought of, but eases my suspicions about him somewhat that he's not trying to lure us out into the open and Tommy gun us down)

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 17:25

...Hang on a sec Darkguy, correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that the mafia could post pretending to be the detective and incriminating an innocent or supporting a mafia as an innocent?? Well, if that's true what use is a Detective in the first place then?

Anyway I'm sorry if I'm monopolizing but a lot of things are going round in my head atm. I call them thoughts.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap