HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 18:58  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 02:57

I don't know Coopels, whether Sage is "leading us astry" or not. His MO is definitely confusing to me. However, I finally feel slightly more strong about something which is Oblivion's "believe me" song. Now he adds riddles to the mix. I must admit that I don't really understand his last post, but how is that supposed to make us trust him?

PS my spell checker says it's supposed to be 'astray'.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 03:08

Ok, i have to say this since i've been laying in bed thinking about mafia since my 1:21 post. My earlier support of biscuit's ideas haven't sat well with my head which means i couldn't get to sleep at all.

So far the only clues given out by anyone are dark and Oblivion. In my mind Oblivion isn't guilty of being a mafia guy because of his post and the sudden change of behavior from sage. something happened from that and that gives me enough evidence to support dark's lynching. Biscuit finally posted his suspicions but with little evidence to base his claims off of. Like this, "tarim (lots of activity and sounds like he's trying)" He seems to be going solely off of his gut instinct which i do myself sometimes, but i keep asking myself where any proof is. About the only few i agree with him on are Sage (who's plan almost excludes him as being mafia) and Corflu where there's a little more than gut feelings involved. It is based more solidly off of opinion based on characteristics of the person. I know Corflu is smarter and usually more active than he is being from the clan game CoC played against BoS. on many occasions he proved that by hitting me hard and moving back while i was in my classes so i couldn't respond in that game.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 03:14

yeah astray was what i meant there. It's past 3 AM where i am so my brain is probably not working that well and along with a sleep deprevation headache it's a wonder i can type right now.

I'd kinda like to know what it means too. I'm basing my swing off of Sage's sudden turn about and my knowledge of him personally. I'd feel much better about it if i knew what i was missing there.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 06:42

Seems that five people are currently voting for me. Hmm... of any of the other four think it will help progress the game, please, by all means kill me. If NOT, then I believe its' quite unlikely that anything will happen to make Day 1 end in the foreseeable future.

I think Sage is mafia, personally. He's just been quietly manipulating you all, and somehow managed to get me uncomfortably close to being lynched.

If it'll help progress he game and help us find the mafia... heck, I'll even vote for myself. I doubt anything else could possibly end this day anyway. It'd eventually deadlock and I'd get killed, and I don't really wanna drag this out longer than it has to.

Who agrees?

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 06:57

Coopels: Being online here is not a requirement to post in this game! Last time I thought you should post and everyone tried to lynch me for saying hello. It was clear The Biscuit says nothing at all until the end and everyone seems to think he has great insight. He is online 5 times more than I am. So I took that path this game.

Last Edited : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 07:02

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 07:06

No editing, Corflu. Go back to your original post saying something like "Biscuit said that Sage said 'Post before the mafia get you'". Then you said that Sage wasn't that suspicious because of it and said Biscuit was apparently "too clever" to allow a slip of words like that and then say they were communicating in private, which only the mafia are allowed to do.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 07:46

CORFLU!!!! NO EDITING YOUR POSTS!!!!

I MUST THINK IF THIS DESERVES A MODKILL OR NOT...

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 07:57

The employees are tired, we can't pay them continuously for the day without end, and the fry grease has to be filtered, so I will do my part to try and bring this to an end.

(That's my way of say I will change to No Lynch. It it true that a No Lynch really doesn't hurt us and seeing who the Mafia off, or not if the Doc does his thing, will give us some good info.)

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 11:00

c'mon 1 more vote and darkguys gone.

(although i have my douts)

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 11:56

If you have your doubts, change to No Lynch. I changed my vote to that after it was pointed out that not lynching anyone really doesnt hurt us. Who gets offed during the night will give us more info.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 13:04

I'm voting no lynch for now.
I'm starting to believe quite strongly that Darkguy is one of the good guys, as is Oblivion. My suspicions right now are falling on Corflu, Sanshiro, Biscuit and Kong but I'm unwilling to vote any off in case my hunches are wrong.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 13:11

i agree that i don't feel absolutly comfortable in lynching dark, but we seem to be in need of new evidence which will probably only come when the mafia makes their hit at night. The no lynch option would seem like a good idea, but a lot of what i'm going to look at are the links between whoever we decide to lynch and whoever the mafia hits at night. with a no lynch situation the mafia can hit any random guy and we won't really get much information or hints from that selection since it could be just a random killing.

Right now i'm voting dark based off of Sage's sudden redirection based on some clue, dark's consistant direction of suspicion on Sage even though most everyone else seems to have only small doubts or no doubts at all, and the need for more information based off of our first lynch.

While it's true that even if you're online, Corflu, you don't have to post anything. It would just help to alleviate suspicious in my opinion...

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 13:22

My goodness, what a bunch of lackeys y'all are. Sage says jump and all yea wee sheep are running to do his bidding. Sage might very well be mafia himself with all that clever manipulating. (Though I'm not totally convinced he is right now, nor am I convinced he's one of us townies). Casting doubt on everyone and such confusion is only second in my eyes to Oblivion's "believe me" thingy.

However, the only thing which managed to touch me, or provoke my gut feeling until now is Oblivion in his "believe me" song. In my experience when someone says this so emphatically as he did, he usually should NOT be believed. 'believe me' or 'trust me' or 'the check is in the mail' kind of stuff. I also don't like crypted messages, like Oblivion's riddle. What's the point of that? This is not something that should be written by someone who asks us to believe him. If I'm missing something in Oblivion's message it's his fault. If anyone else can enlighten me I'll be more than happy. Sheesh!

Last point, @tarim - If you are one of us, then your 'hunches' are playing into the mafia's hands adding to the confusion. If you're a mafia then your not doing yourself any good by calling out 'hunches'. If you ain't got logic behind your words, then I very well suspect that you got something to hide and that my friend- is the second best reason to lynch someone, the first of course is a plea for 'believe me'.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 13:36

Here's one more reason why we should lynch darkguy.

Whether he's town OR mafia, we'll gain information.

How, do you ask? Well, I've already mentioned that it will decide whether roles are based on character. If darkguy turns up guilty, it'll give us clues to finding other mafia.

What really raised my eyebrows, though, is that Darkguy is stuck at 5 votes. That means either the mafia doesn't want him dead (being fellow mafia) or ALL THREE MAFIA MEMBERS ARE ALREADY ON THE WAGON. I don't think our mafia is so restrained that they could resist putting the hammer vote on a townie who was so close to lynch.

Currently voting for darkguy:

Sage
Coopels
Kong
Oblivion
Corflu
------------------
This means that, no matter what alignment darkguy comes up as, we have clues. If he comes up as innocent, all we have to do is look at the people who have voted for him at this time. I'll be proven innocent by tomorrow, so that would leave us with Coopels, Kong, Oblivion, and Corflu…3 of the 4 (at minimum, 2 of the 4) are likely mafia. That really, really narrows it down.

If darkguy comes up guilty, we can look at the people who protested most strongly against his lynching. Sanshiro, The Biscuit, tarim, and mwmoss…2 of the 4 would likely be mafia! Again…that'd really narrow it down.

Darkguy, you offered to put the final vote on yourself. I'm calling your bluff. Please do so. If you're town, I apologize…but your death will give us so many clues. If we have to mislynch, I can't think of any other mislynch that would give us so much information.

However, I still think you're guilty, and won't self-vote.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 14:00

Well, I am not protesting lynching Darkguy. I was originally voting to do so but find the argument that a No Lynch hurts us less than a Mislynch to be convincing. Being new to this game, however, I am now a bit confused. Lets say we lynch DG. Do we get info on what character he was? Will we be told if he was Mafia, Town, Doc, or Detective?

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 14:38

Yes. Whenever a character dies, we are told what his role was. In darkguy's case, I'm almost entirely sure it will either be Mafia or Town.

The idea of a No Lynch can seem alluring, I'll admit, but it almost ALWAYS helps the mafia. The lynch is the town's ONLY weapon. There are times when a No Lynch is helpful to the town, but they always come near the end of a game. A Day One No Lynch always helps the mafia.

By "protesting a lynch" I simply meant that you weren't on the lynch. Often, a member of the mafia won't go so far as to outright defend his mafia buddy, finding it less dangerous to simply propose or support an alternate lynch (or, in this case, No Lynch)

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 15:15

Ah, I understand. Thank you. This game has many subleties. I like it!

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 15:21

Oh, one more question. If the doctor successfully protects someone, do we find out who the Doc is? I am assuming that if the Doc protects you tonight Sage and you do not get hit, that the Doc still remains annonymous. However, if the Mafia still tries to hit you and fails, do they find out who the Doc is? Or should I be asking these questions in PMs to Neb? )

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 16:05

Right now, Sage, I WOULD vote for myself but it makes no difference, because I think a few people have in fact stopped voting for me.

Yeah, I checked. Its' four votes. Something must have convinced everyone to change. I'm not quite sure what it was though

Unless of course Kong was voting for me, that would indeed put it at 5 and I will self-vote. Yeah, I'll be screwing the town but you guys seem to want me to.

If you really want me dead that bad just tell some other player to switch their vote. I've already self-voted, putting me on five. Now someone just has to deal the death-vote.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 18:08

The doc always remains anonymous, unless for some reason he chooses to come forward.

Kong was voting for you, as I mentioned in my post. Since my post, his entire voting history seems to have disappeared...

I still think you're bluffing, dg...I can't let it sway me. It seems pro-town, but considering that, were you scum, you'd be backed into a corner...I can't let it sway me. Cornered scum do lots of things.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap