HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 18:08  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:11

If you turn out to be town, I'll be puzzled and slightly disappointed.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:13

Who? I'm confused...

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:13

Biscuit.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:15

What about him?

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:25

from The Princess Bride movie: "Get used to disappointment."

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:29

If you had to be anyone, you wouldn't be Westley, you'd be Vizzini. Why?

Because the wine is in front of you, but you're thinking yourself into circles. That's how towns lose to mafia. Thinking in circles. The kind of thinking you're endorsing is dangerous.

Plus, you always end up drinking the iocane.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:32

"Inconceivable!"

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 22:33

Yeah, I remember how that always turned out, too.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 23:49

ok, i just spent the last couple of hours trying to make sense of all those posts. The way i see the game right now is that dark is probably one of us. I was voting for him so we'd get more information from the night hit, but after seeing how we'd have to be absolutly right in all of the rest of our lynchings i can't really go against my feelings about dark.

The only people that really draw any of my suspicions currently are Corflu and Biscuit. I've had my suspicions of Corflu for a while based off posts and style of playing. At the same time, his edited post only draws more suspicion towards him in my opinion. Seemingly he misspoke in that and risked modkilling to get rid of the evidence. Since i don't really suspect dark of being mafia, i'm changing my vote to Corflu so that we'll hopefully get a mafia guy on day 1 instead of one of our own.

I realize Biscuit is calling for Corflu's death, but I still have suspicions about the motive for that. I can definitly see Biscuit willingly giving up a mafia buddy to make his mafianess(could be a word?) and his fellow mafia member a lot safer. Since Biscuit hasn't given any real evidence for his suspicions. (which he usually provides with his suspicions) It makes me think he's trying to hide any links he might have with Corflu.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 4 January 2007 - 23:51

Hey! There's no evidence against Coop, either! Let's all vote on whoever has the least evidence against them!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 00:05

Sorry...that was inappropriate.

Suspecting Corflu and Biscuit at the same time is kind of weird, considering Biscuit is trying to get Corflu killed. The idea that Biscuit would throw his buddy under the bus doesn't make much sense. If he was mafia, it'd be much more in his interest to get an innocent killed today. In fact, he could have put the final vote on Darkguy! We were practically begging him to.

In fact, if you think Biscuit is mafia, then you practically HAVE to think that darkguy is mafia too, or it just doesn't make sense. So either renounce your suspicions of Biscuit or admit darkguy is likely mafia, and lynch him!

If you want to pursue the Corflu case, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Biscuit: what reason? What proof? What evidence? We can't afford to lynch someone on gut. That will lose us the game.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 00:42

well as i see it Biscuit would benefit more from lynching Corflu because of his posting mistakes than killing dark who is at least casting doubt into people's minds (like mine). It would get his credibility up as being a "townie" covering his tracks nicely. While i realize most of the time the mafia sticks together, i think Biscuit is mor ethan capable of seeing the potential gain from his actions as far outweighting the risks. There only has to be one mafia member alive at the end to win if i remember right. Biscuit himself said that having 3 mafia members seemed unnecessary with 10 players in his first post.

Sage asks for proof of corflu while there are little more than people's interpetations of his posts. I'll give my interpetations though in an effort to provide proof. In my January 4th post at 3:08 i made an effort at provoking a meaningful response by Corflu. what he did respond with was by saying that posting isn't a requirement of the mafia game.

"WIth that in mind, I am curious as to who has said nothing. Or little. The people that have said nothing to date at all tell me they want to be under the radar. So the radar should find them instead."

Corflu said that in the last mafia game, which shows that he does believe that posting is required and that mafia members would want to fly under the radar. he posted little in the last game because he was following his own advice and so far in this game he has contributed little of value at all in his few posts. Seemingly, he is continuing to follow his own advice.

In addition, i don't know what his post there actually said in it's full, complete state. As i see it he'd only have one reason to edit his post which would be to get rid of something that would possibly incriminate him.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 00:59

I'm not denying the idea that a mafia member would throw his partner under the bus if it would be convenient...they obviously would. The question is why would he do it NOW?

There was no pressure on Corflu. Biscuit is ALREADY a respected member of the town...people look up to him because of his intelligence. He's smart enough to avoid getting lynched.

Perhaps leading a successful lynch on Corflu would slightly increase our respect in him. Ok. How beneficial would that be?

Compare this to the alternate choice: lynching an innocent. Lynching an innocent is at LEAST ten times more beneficial to the mafia than sacrificing one of their own. Darkguy00000 was ONE vote away from lynch. We begged Biscuit to put on the final vote. He refused.

If Biscuit is town, that makes complete sense. Also, if Darkguy is mafia WITH biscuit, that makes complete sense. But, I am 100% sure of this, Biscuit-mafia would NOT have passed up the chance to kill darkguy UNLESS darkguy was mafia too.

This following statement is fact, and I will stand by it and defend it with the same vigor I would say the sky is blue: If Biscuit is mafia, darkguy HAS to be mafia as well. There is no debate there. If you believe biscuit is mafia, then darkguy must be mafia too.

I believe Corflu's reactions are natural, not scummy. Keep in mind that he is new to this game. In the last game, it appeared that the more he posted, the more people wanted to lynch him. True, this is because he posted scummy things, but a NATURAL reaction is to withdraw from posting. He hasn't been completely silent, and he's made some contributions. That he has been cautious could easily be that, not trusting himself to speak, he holds his tongue more often than not to avoid hurting his fellow townies.

What Corflu said last game is that people who fly under the radar are SUSPICIOUS. Surely he would not take his own advice and discard it, behaving in such a way even though it would make him suspicious.

Your argument, while better thought out than Biscuit's, is still reaching a bit.

On the topic of Corflu's editing of a post: It was wrong, I don't think it was a huge deal. I saw him edit his post in the last game...he didn't do it to hide incriminating evidence. It's just a genuine lapse of thinking straight on his part which, while NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED, is not necessarily a sign of guilt.

I'm amazed that darkguy's ploy has worked so well. Did it ever occur to you that you were being played? That by becoming suicidal, darkguy has INCREASED his chances of living out the day? He even admitted that his death would give the town the most information, and then CONTINUED with actions that made it less likely he would die? He is pretending to be acting in the town's best interests, but he isn't. He is acting like a mafia!

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 01:19

You make some good points there, sage. I'll admit that the "evidence" i showed before has plenty of weakness in it, but Corflu hasn't really showed much to go off of. My feelings that he's mafia doesn't go away though, but i'll admit that your post really makes me uneasy with all of my thoughts. In fact, my "evidence" looks more and more likely to be grasping at straws to identify the source of the feelings i get from him... i'll admit it.

I still think the idea of the mafia giving up a member to throw off everyone's suspicions has merit, but i'll back down from it for now.

I guess since i suspect Biscuit of being mafia it does make sense that dark would also be one, the links there are just to strong. I'm going to change back to dark because of that fact and that since i had almost freed dark from my mind as mafia because of his willingness to vote for himself. Even if he isn't mafia we do get quite a bit of information from his death.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 01:25

Exactly.

Back onto the darkguy bandwagon everyone!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 01:31

Sage, Biscuit could have avoided killing me because of your plan.

Its' concievable.

BTW I love the Princess Bride movie .

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 02:36

You people are bloody crazy. I go to sleep and wake up to find 3 or 4 extra pages of tripe in this thread. I'm sorry but this has long lost its meaning on me. There's too much 'who said what on who and when because of so and so. If this is how we move on then you can expect less from me. I piratically skimmed Darkguy's posts as well as Sage's and Biscuit's. It stopped making sense after two pages of 'my logic is finer than yours'. [Though I must say that Biscuit's hunches/gut-feeling is similar to tarim's, but I'll get to that...]

Right now here's my list of suspicions:
> Oblivion - I'm sticking to what _I_ thought was a viable issue. Oblivion's "believe me" song sounded bad to me. I didn't understand his riddle and I don't like roundabout innuendos.
> Biscuit - If anyone is 'flying under the radar' it's Biscuit. Nothing of substance but we're supposed to believe him because he's so clever. Also that leads me to the person who so supports Biscuit's cleverness... (I hate you )
> Sage - I have said it before. Sage perhaps knows this game better but after we have ditched his initial plan which sounded solid to me, I can't help wondering what pleasure he draws from so many twists and turns. Look at the number of times he votes on and off. So he sits there like a well adjusted mafia into town's life and forever confuses us until we lynch the wrong person and no one suspects HIM!
> tarim - another 'hunches/gut-feeling' proponent. Funny how he and Biscuit use the exact same method.
> mwmoss - I said it before, far too quiet. And he DOES keep himself under the radar screen. Well dodged mate.
> Corflu - the missing post is suspicious. In Sage's words... 'I'd like to hear some clarification on this from Corflu'.
> Coopels - I'm sorry but I don't understand how the fact that if Biscuit is mafia than darkguy is one too. Maybe I missed the explanation but why is that a reason to vote for darkguy? If you think so why not vote for Biscuit whom I find more suspicious than darkguy.
> Darkguy - while I don't know whether he is even suspicious or not for all the babble, I can only join one post I did read because it jumped right into my eyes... 'shut up'! G*d, you post way too much.

I would really want to stick to my vote on Oblivion as he feels right to me, but I can see that I'm not getting any support in this. Thus I'm unvoting Oblivion. My next vote in order of suspects are: Sage, Biscuit and Corflu. If anyone says anything SHORT and logical against any of these I'll vote.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 08:44

I'm well aware that by feeling a similar empathy as Biscuit has for what has been said I'm putting myself in the same boat as him. However I know I'm not mafia and would be seriously shocked if he were. I reckon we're on the ball, as it were.

Sanshiro's general sense of outrage is just one of those things that's always going to be there but doesn't stop me thinking he's trying a little too hard, maybe mafia.
Same with Corflu's edit, maybe mafia.

What troubles me most is that Sages plan to lynch Darkguy was so successful in that people believed it would be an aid to finding mafia that Darkguy wanted to commit suicide for the general good, never a good thing.
Like I said before, by all means protect and examine Sage on night one but letting him lead the lynch is very dangerous.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 08:45

Yeah, and like Sanshiro says, 4 pages in one night is getting a bit much just for more circles.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 5 January 2007 - 09:51

ENOUGH! I've considered the options. Nothing has substantially changed in the last 24 hours. Kong's disappearing vote has held the game up long enough. I thought he might log on overnight and cast his vote, but he hasn't...(which presents another problem, since having inactive players in this small a game is not good).

So, I reinstate kong's vote of Darkguy0000.

Darkguy is lynched. Story forthcoming. I don't have my cheat sheet in front of me, but I recall Darkguy0000 as being.....

TOWNIE!

Remember, it is night. No talking in this thread. Detective, doctor and mafia need to get night moves to me.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap