HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 19:59  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 20:30

Wow, when I read oblivion’s first post I completely missed where he threw me, or rather whoever the wendy’s character would be, into doubt. I dismissed his first post as what he usually does in mafia games and therefore mostly irrelevant, but he might have actually learned from before and tried to accomplish something with that first random post. I didn’t catch it until Tarim pointed it out, but it is strange for him the to subtly point towards me to being as “in the clear.” To me it stinks strongly of trying to influence people’s suspicions at an early stage of the game...

Sage is either a master mafia man or a citizen like us. His plan is well thought out to the point where being a mafia man means he will die quickly. While I do realize even an extra day for the mafia could mean defeat for us I don’t think sage would give himself up so easily as to give the mafia an extra chance to win. For him to stay alive as a mafia guy would probably mean a lot more than having a complicated plan such as what he has devised which would get him killed eventually. Most likely at this point Sage seems to be either a special role (doubtful based on his plans and referring to them as different people) or more likely, just a regular old citizen like us. Even so, it seems only logical to have the detective check him out to just make sure.

As for Sage’s theory of dark, a.k.a. “ The Hamburglar,” being mafia based solely off of the name; I think it’s more than possible that Neb would assign the aliases based off of the roles or even whatever he thinks would be the funniest joke. I mostly think so though because he made me into a little girl and he is always jokingly telling me I am easy to beat like a girl or something. Sometimes I wonder about his mental stability.

The only thing rather off about anyone’s playing so far is that biscuit hasn’t posted at all and yet he has been on WOL since this game started. I’m not suggesting anything; I just wonder why he hasn’t posted yet even though he seemingly has had the chance to do so and it seems unusual for him to not have analyzed the game yet...

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 20:52

I am a large proponent of the names correlating with the class of character.

This is my prediction list.

1. Hamburglar-mafia (DG)
2. Two non mainstream mascots-mafia (I doubt that moss or kong are mafia.. because they are new...)
3. Wendy-doc (Coop)

i mean wendy was dancing w/ the colonel.. why kill him? the other two deff look more specific.

I support a day one lynch of DG, nothing to really go on today other than that.. let's see where it goes...

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 20:54

oh and DUH my first post was first conversation only.. sheeesh guys...

ANYWAY

i deff support a DG lynch....

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 20:58

Yes tarim, it is quite possible that the mafia might claim detective, though I'm more concerned about it if Sage is not mafia than if he is (if he IS MAFIA, then we have two mafia down for just a single townie in three lynches).

See, if he is innocent, a mafia could come along and say hes' guilty, and we'd probably end up getting rid of the real detective and possibly even Sage, which could win the game instantly for the mafia.

This isn't good. Therefore, I'm wondering about the plan to investigate Sage at all, because the mafia have this little plan they can pull that gives them alarmingly high chances of winning. But then again, how can we be assures of Sages' innocence? It's a rather difficult paradox . We need to think of some definite plan that doesn't involve a way for the mafia to get high winning chances.

Any ideas?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 21:02

Didn't see Oblivions' posts. I think you are driving a little too hard for a lynch that Sage only started to see how I reacted to it.

And, for the love of God, will people stop trying to correlate characters to roles? Neb himself says at the beginning that they are there for role playing and to get a theme for the death scenes. I think that Oblivion is suspicious, trying to get people to vote based on characters and not behaviour. Thats' exactly the same as using a random number generator to vote, considering Neb probably handed out characters based on random numbers.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 21:04

Still not making my big post...that's scheduled for tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd like to see the following people make a signficant post:

Biscuit
Sanshiro
Corflu

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 21:35

I kinda agree with dark on that point. I don't seriously think Neb would influence the game by making decisions himself. Most likely a random generator was used in all aspects. I still wonder about his sanity in making me a little red headed girl though.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 23:28

I forget to mention it before, but I'm Ronald MacDonald. (Just great. I get to be the townie clownie.)

Anyway, I haven't heard much of anything on this thread that seems suspicious yet. I like Sage's plan as I said before, but not sure how that'll help us find mafia.

Of course, if Sage is mafia we are mostly screwed because there are 3 mafia out of 10 I strongly feel is too many for this type of game and we'd have wasted valuable time in just lynching Sage early. However, if he is a townie, then he's probably our best bet.

All this being said, I DO have a few suspicions on who the three mafia might be, but right now they are only just that. Since Sage will be protected and I'm sure to die during the first mafia night turn, I'll post my suspicions before the night turn begins, then see how accurate I was after the game is over.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 00:21

Just a note. I failed to notice Biscuit's first post, so my previous post was incorrect about him not posting anything at all. Sorry about that Biscuit.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 01:29

well,...

1. I thought I'd learn from the previous game and this time read what people have to say before saying anything or analysing the situation. I'm sorry to say that apart from Sage's initial suggestion which was short and clear, the rest of the discussion was lost on me. I can understand how Sage's suggestion would be systematic in helping us clear him first and then the rest of us. However the following posts by others with semi clear and complex accusations made no sense.

2. I'm sorry to say that I find people's tactics of using extremely long sentences or rather complex round-about finger pointing, including the game theme names, is also lost on me. Who the hell is the Hamburglar or the Oven Mit and why is that important to the discussion is beyond me. Other than the fact that it's supposed to be funny... But, I did understand why Cooples is the Wendy Girl though!

3. So we must be following some strategy, any strategy, in order for us to root out the mafia. Since I have no better suggestion I would be a weakling and allow Sage to lead us by the nose at the moment. No need for counter threats against Sage if he misleads us, he basically set himself up if he did.

Go BurgerKing(s)...

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 07:10

I was looking to see if Neb had any type of character or company affiliations that might lend a clue now that Biscuit finally revealed his character.

Corflu - Subway / Jared
The Biscuit - Ronald McDonald
Coopels - Wendy
Sage - Taco Bell Dog
Obvlivion - Hardees Star
darkguy - McDonalds / Hamburgler
tarim - Big Boy
Sanshiro - Burger King
Kong - Hardees Oven Mit
mwmoss - Jack in the Box

The deceased Colonel owned a chicken based establishment and we need to find the three mafia. I only see 2 non-hamburger places on the list. Taco Bell, Burger King, and KFC are all owned by the same parent company. There are two from McDonalds. There are 3 that are not people (The Hardees Star, Oven Mit, and Taco Bell Dog). I can not see any other apparent links. Please let me know if you see more.

That last connection should be found out if we "check and protect" Sage the first night. He does a lot of talking and directing for an innocent man, but checking day one will tell us.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:19

um corflu... its arby's oven mit not hardees

I say the doctor should try and find the detective and save him for a bit...

then later others...

I suspect the following: darkguy, corflu, coopels.

but i dont suggest a lynch on any of them till day 2 unless im wrong.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:23

General question: Excuse me folks for the ignorance but would someone enlighten me on the following: Isn't Ronald McDonald the clown/mascot for McDonald? If so, what is the Hamburglar? Are both McDonald's logos/trademarks?

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:35

General answer: Yes, they both are. In addition there is the Grimace and Mayor McCheese, among others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:McDonald's_characters

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:37

you actualy did that on wikipedia

-_-

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:42

Hmmm. The WOL link doesn't work because of the single quote (bug). You'll have to cut/paste it into the URL line to see it.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:55

I am sad to report that Jack in the Box has had some burgers stolen by afformentioned Hamburgler. As no legit fast food vendor would stoop to such tactics, I have decided he just might be one of the Fast Food Mafia (FFM). I have adjusted my vote accourdingly!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 11:14

Ok. Time for me to talk! First I will respond to darkguy's post at 16:55, January 2nd.

Darkguy, you state that I could be mafia sacrificing myself to get the town into a lynch or lose situation. That's ridiculous. The town is precariously balanced that it'd be EASY to get you guys into a lynch or lose situation! All the mafia has to do is get us to lynch wrong TODAY, and we automatically have to get it right tomorrow. Why would a mafia man sacrifice himself to achieve what can be achieved with less pain?

The mafia falsely claiming detective is a real danger, but in doing so they'd be giving up one of their own. Any detective coming against me with a "guilty" verdict is lying. If it does happen, the real detective comes forward, exposing the lie.

Darkguy, you need to stop fretting, because every time you bring up doubts about my initial plan to clear my name, I get vibes of mafia trying to get me dead. My plan is foolproof. The only reason one wouldn't want to follow it is if you valued my help less than you value a /chance/ at saving the detective. I know from past experiences that you highly rate my townie abilities.

I'm thinking it is less than likely, now, that I would want to commit to lynching darkguy based solely on his character. I'm still keeping my eye on him, for the above mentioned reasons.

My suspicion right now is turned to Oblivion, for so quickly jumping on the darkguy bandwagon. I made it clear that I wanted to pressure darkguy, not lynch him. Oblivion was very quick to say, not once but twice (or more, I may have missed,) "I definitely support a darkguy lynch."

Why would you support a lynch based on so little evidence? Its possible that you're mafia, delighted to see the town so distracted by the names. I am, for the moment, voting for Oblivion!

I'd like to see Biscuit post his suspicions rather than hold them back.

Sanshiro: The only strategy that can be consistently used in this game is to pressure people, gauge responses, and look for who appears to have an agenda. We're doing that just fine. J It's a slow process, yes…but in the end it's the most effective. Seeing as how we only have one mislynch to work with, I suggest we take things slow and cautiously.

*thumbs up* to Corflu for trying to find a connection BETWEEN the characters…I hadn't looked farther than "well, maybe the hamburgler." Still, sadly, I fear that we may have been wrong. I'm becoming less and less sure that Neb would have indulged himself and made DG evil.

Last but not least (for now), I find moss's latest post voting for darkguy to be slightly alarming. Perhaps it's because it was written in character, but the vote doesn't seem to be cast based on fact. Seems like jumping on a bandwagon to me.
I'm off for most of the day, I'll probably respond when I get back. I'd like to see Oblivion and darkguy talk some more. Mostly Oblivion.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 11:17

And before anyone else joins me in voting for Oblivion:

He is currently at THREE votes.

It takes SIX to lynch.

We have THREE mafia members.

Adding any more votes onto Oblivion is dangerous, in case we're wrong. In the current situation, only a concentrated mafia effort could lynch him, and that would be extremely obvious. But if townies add one or two more votes to Obli, the mafia could easily off him.

We want to pressure him, not lynch him...yet. If he doesn't respond to our pressure, THEN we put more votes on him. But not yet.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 11:36

Actually, I voted for Darkguy for two reasons. First, I like the idea of pressuring him. Gotta have votes do do that. Second, looking at the votes and times of votes and posts, it seemed to me that Taurim and Darkguy are colluding a bit against Oblivion. Could be a trick, could be misperception, but until we have 3 non mafia votes against a townie, the Mafia can't cause a mislynch. Might as well make some people sweat.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.093750 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap