HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 20:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14        
AuthorTopic : Fast Food mafia - A Happy New Year?
darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 08:17

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER:

Have characters again. People missed the point which was to encourage potential roleplay plus give Neb angles for death scenes.

And its' ironic that I get killed for being the most mafia-ish character (or so someone said) while the TRUE mafia (Coops) was the least mafia-ish character.

Characters: get rid of 'em, never bring them back.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 10:33

It was pretty impossible to post in character and then vote for the player, just confusing because all these fast food restaurants look the same to me.

I still want to read the endstory mind you and I'm sorry Sage, but I think all the boasts of your mafia game successes eventually convinced me that you'd played the subtlest mafia ever, that and turning the spotlight on me on day 4.

Anyway, well done Coopels you played a good game, I guess you still get to kill me if you want but if it's the town franchise you're after I'll leave now and never ever return.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 10:48

The characters were given so that I had a story to tell. Otherwise, it's the same old "crowd mobs darkguy. Darkguy dies." story. How people chose to analyze the characters was their own perrogative(?). I told you repeatedly that the characters had no connections whatsoever...well, except Coopels being the girl...

The fact that the Hardee's Star was the detective was not planned and I didn't even realize it until Oblivion started posting. The fact that the Burger King and Wendy's were dancing together in the beginning story was coincidence. And I almost fell off my chair, when the random number generator picked Corflu and Sanshiro as the first two mafia!

Yes, the mafia had a slight edge in the beginning with 3 members, but the town had Biscuit and Sage. Had the town not gottern paranoid, and listened to these two, they would have won easily. In fact, the mod kill on kong actually helped the town in clearing up any suspicion of him being mafia, thus clearly pointing out that Coopels and Corflu were mafia (the only two who voted for Darkguy that were still alive). Also, if you noticed (or not, apparently), Coopels, Corflu and Sanshiro never actively attacked each other. Sure Coopels voted Corflu and Sanshiro, he had no other choice (and his vote was the killing vote, thus helping to clear his name), but none of them actively attacked each other.

A game well played by all, I think. Thank you for joining in. I will post the end story sometime tonight...

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 11:25

I'm sorry if I made myself out as if I was the ultimate mafia-finder...my strength lies not necessarily in having good instincts (Biscuit, actually, had the best instincts of the game, he just stunk on backing up his cases ) but in taking a methodical, logical approach to things. All of us here are novices, and the mafia make glaring mistakes...if we take the time to notice.

I got swept up, like the rest of you, in the lightning-quick speed that mafia seems to be played at here on WoL. If we had taken things slower, we would have found them for sure.

One thing I've noticed...the mafia get better every game. They learn how we think, because us WoL-townies are pretty easy to manipulate. The mafia is getting better every game, but we as a town are pretty static.

We can beat them next game, though, if we all really think. Because, compared to professional mafia players, even the best of us leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

Good game, mafia, congrats. We'll get you next time!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 11:31

Also, a couple things to add:

Characters are fine. I just assumed a level of unprofessionalism in Neb that didn't exist. He takes moderating a lot more seriously than I ever did, as was shown by his use of the ultimate tool, the modkill. I've never dared to use it.

A word to all townies: just because someone suspects you doesn't necessarily mean they're mafia. Your fellow townies are as clueless as you are. That's why I was never too offended when somebody suspected me. If you find someone suspecting you, look at the REASON behind their suspicions. Put yourself in their place. If you see that they DO have a valid case against you, change your behavior.

If the town works hard to play as a team, they can beat the mafia. The town has the best aid in looking innocent: they are. As long as all townies act completely innocent, it's harder for the mafia to hide.

I can't wait to play the next game...as frustrating as it is, this is probably my favorite place to play mafia.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 11:38

neb you pm'ed me that you werent gonna be mod after this,who you gonna let replace you?

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 14:07

That was a nice game and the theme option was good too, although I felt a bit out of my depth not knowing all the characters involved. I do agree with Neb though... Coopels being the Wendy girl was very apt!

@Sage... you did over do it a tad you came on too strong based on your experience in other mafia communities and if it wasn't for your natural cleverness, you wouldn't have survived one round. I sometimes think your too clever for your own good.

@Biscuit... good instincts. However, I wholly support Sage's comment about your reasoning,... it lacked 'meat'.

@Darkguy & Oblivion... Ohh deary me boys... Temperance and patience... and stay away from fast-food places, you don't need any more sugar!

Thanks everyone for participating and Neb for Moderating this. I too shall look forward to reading the final chapter in this fast-food saga.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 16:27

Hey! What do you mean i was meant to be the girl? What do i wear a dress or something!? At least it gave me a good excuse for not being mafia.

I'd like to congratulate both of my fellow mafia guys. well done both of you. Again sorry about killing you guys.

Well after Neb posts the final story i'll be going so thanks everyone for this game and afterwards, goodbye.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 17:36

Good game, everyone! I'll have to add me 2 cents worth.

IMHO, both this game and last had too few townies for the number of mafia in place. Sound logic doesn't apply much to this shortened type of mafia game because you just don't have enough time and spare townies to kill off. Losing the doctor and the detective so early was not good.

@Sage, I think we would have lost even earlier with your plan, although it was the plan that allowed me to believe you were townie. But I was doubting myself at the end with your accusations against me and tarim. It was just tough since we could only guess wrong once, and Darkguy was the last townie we could afford to lynch.

@Sanshiro, instinct is about the only way townies can win these shortened games. Both you and Corflu were relatively easy for me to sniff out, even without a lot of "meat" as you put it. And all I could do was push the two of you. Your responses to the pushing were even more telling.

@Coopels, dang it, you played it well! Although I was fairly certain at the end you were mafia, I couldn't convince tarim that you were. He didn't see the same logic I did with Sage's early plan. And Sage was just acting weird enough at the end for even me to start doubting him. You did right in killing me off, because I think I could have convinced tarim to kill you, if you had killed Sage instead. You knew that Sage was obviously becoming more suspicious with each post and played on that.

@Darkguy, good job with voting yourself to be lynched. I was positive by then you were a townie, but I couldn't convince the others to spare you.

@Oblivion, if you're townie, please act like a townie and be truthful and innocent. It's almost easier to kill you off first, just in case your mafia, because your helpfulness as a townie could be better. Also, best not to let anyone know your special role at all, until you have something to reveal. But I'm sure you know this by now.

@tarim, you had a 50/50 chance to win, which is pretty good odds for us townies. I think Coopels just played it better than Sage did. But Sage did give me some insite into Coopels comments that I had hoped you might see as well. But I know it was a tough call.

The game practically game down to a coin toss at the end. The mafia won (they must have had a two-headed coin!) and congrats to Corflu, Sanshiro and Coopels.

Also, thanks to Neb for hosting it, and I really enjoyed the story line, especially with the characters. Amazing though how the characters played into special roles, whether intentional or not. Especially the star and wendy!

Again, good game everyone!

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 19:17

had i not revealed it.. i'd've been killed

i was one vote away!

had i said "i'm detective" i'd've been doubted
and killed anyway

as it was, i investigated corflu

but i died by his hand ... so no need to think hard on that one!

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 21:20

Thanks Biscuit. You're actually very lucky to have lived as long as you did. Both Sanshiro and Corflu wanted either you or Sage dead on both of the first two nights. I had to convince them both times to kill Oblivion and Mwmoss respectively.

On the third night though i knew my best chance was to have you killed and play against Sage and Tarim since you seemed pretty convinced of my mafianess. I couldn't afford to let you and Tarim or even you and Sage to be the final two citizens. Besides, i had promised Sanshiro that you'd die that night. (It was how i got him to vote for mwmoss)

The biggest blunder of the game for me though was that I was sure Oblivion was the doctor and i convinced Corflu and Sanshiro based off that to kill him. Told you all I'm bad at figuring out riddles.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 21:40

Coopels, I think if you had killed me the first night, you probably would have won sooner, so perhaps Sanshiro and Corflu would have been right afterall. In any case, I don't think the outcome of the game was much in doubt, 7 townies against 3 mafia with a townie modkill thrown in was just too much. Again, though, nicely played.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14        
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap