HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 00:31  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 17:50

Rules

1. Votes should be placed in the vote thread in the following format

Vote 1: Sage

If you change your vote, simply edit the post like so:

Vote 1: Sage
Vote 2: Mog

NEVER delete evidence of a vote.

2. The day will end after a simply majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players, plus one, rounded down) to lynch. This means that if there are 20 players to begin with, it will take 11 votes to lynch. Alternatively, if a majority can not be reached, I will either set a deadline. At the end of the deadline, the player with the most votes dies. I, and only I, will end each day.

3. Nights will last a base of 12 hours, and no longer than 24 if it can be avoided. We only have the mafia to worry about, and they should be able to decide in that amount of time.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a single "Bah!" post with no game information is acceptable).

5. Do not discuss significant game issues with other players outside this thread, unless you are mafia. This includes both IRC and PMs. Not even goading someone to ‘post already’ or ‘hurry up’. This is especially true for the detective: revealing the results of investigations anywhere except the game thread will result in modkills, not only for the offending detective, but for any townies that were exposed to the information. Don’t talk to each other about the game AT ALL.

6. Do not directly quote any external communication with me. This includes the PMs I send you with your roles as well as any communication we may have in IRC.

7. Do not edit game posts (aside from your vote in the vote thread). It is unethical and can mess up the game thread. Double and triple postings are ok! I will be lenient at first, but if I see evidence of malicious editing, I WILL modkill.

8. Have fun, participate and make your opinion count.

The players are as follows:
Sage
tarim
Darkguy
Titonator
Neb
Oblivion
Corflu
mwmoss
Wasteland
Bud_Chevy
Renno
kong

WE NOW HAVE 12 PLAYERS AND THAT IT ENOUGH
I will send out roles later today.

Last Edited : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 17:03

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 17:51

The setup:

With 12 players, there will be:
3 (New) Axis of Evil Leaders
7 Free World Leaders
1 Secretary of the UN (Doctor)
1 Head of the Security Council (Detective)

Roles

Free World Leader (regular citizen/townie)
You are a leader of a Free World nation. You go about your business bothered about tax cuts, social security, education programmes and movie stars or media tycoons running and winning local elections. When invited to a world summit at the UN centre, you are suddenly aware of secret furtive looks exchanged in the halls and corridors. Plots are hatched, manipulation is rife and you can almost taste the panic in the air. Of course you wish your country to have better trade conditions or more seats in some obscure UN sub-committee, but you wouldn’t harm or jeopardise your fellow free world leaders… at least not intentionally. Your job is to seek out and lynch those up and coming Axis of Evil leaders at the summit that would destabilise the security of the entire world. You win when all Axis of Evil leaders are lynched.

(New) Axis of Evil Leader (mafia)
You are representing your country at this UN summit, however unlike the leaders of the free world you aim to throw them into confusion, allegations and strife while you covertly poison their drinks, booby-trap their inflatable ‘special friends’ and plain destroy them. You just can’t stand those goodie goodie soft countries spoiling your perverse fun. You and your fellow New Axis of Evil leaders will methodically eliminate the competition in any way possible. You win when the number of Axis of Evil leaders left equals (=) the number of other players.

Secretary of the UN (doctor)
As the head of all that happens in the lobbies and meeting rooms of the UN you have a special ability to save a leader of the summit by using your special expense account to spend a wild night in some of New-York’s seediest clubs. You get to keep your job and live with the leaders of the free world.

Head of the Security Council (Detective)
You are wise, strong and confident and thus have the trust of most of the world leaders. Your investigators, observers and Special Task Force Troops allow you to see the hidden agendas of one leader every night to determine whether they have been involved in any uranium smuggling or war mongering. You get to finish your term in office if and when the leaders of the free world win.

As I assign roles, each of you will be given a character to go with your role. You may use that or not...but be sure I will use it in your death scene.

Last Edited : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 17:50

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 17:52

Trouble at the UN – Story Thread

(I’m sorry to dip my fly in Oblivion’s ointment, but this has been planned for a while and it is lets say… less mysterious )

The story:

For year you were waiting for this invitation. Your predecessor in the job told you wild stories about the raunchy and kinky parties held at the UN at the world’s expense,… well, mostly the American tax payer expense but hey, who cares. You are now the leader of your country and that says some. You have arrived here in New-York to participate in this orgy of ego maniacs play Russian Roulette with the world’s safety and ‘dang’ if anyone at home will stop you.

Yes, you’ve heard the stories… two years ago the Swedish PM was found in a very compromising position with the Bangladeshi President in the UNESCO building broom closet. The South-African President was found naked and asleep in the corridor of the Hilton outside the Canadian PM’s room and the least said about the Austrian Chancellor and barely legal Miss Tennessee the better.

This time it seems as if all the bigwigs are present, all trying to pull deals off, show their muscle at the negotiating table and secure prosperity for their nations. Some think it’s best to get a better future by trade and cultural exchange and some stand firmly behind the ‘mind your own damn business/country’ mantra.

The American President saunters around with a smug home court attitude, dripping with confidence about his Nue-k-lir capabilities. He stops to stare at the German Chancellor who discusses the finer points of a compulsory 70 hours work week. The British PM is trying to teach the Russian President about the finer points of Cricket’s forward defensive stroke, though it does seem as if the Russian is in turn, trying to make the British sign a contract to reduce import taxes on Vodka. The Australian head of State talks heatedly about the concerns his government has over the impact of camels on native Australian wildlife, while right under his nose the Prime Minister of Italy and French President point fingers at each other about some head-butting incident. The Dutch PM hold s a wooden clog to the nose of the UN Secretary, trying to convince him that clogs don’t smell as bad as regular shoes while the Head of the Security Council stands behind him and talks to one of his aides in his James Bond style watch-phone.

As they all head towards the central conference hall, straightening their suits and trying to assume some air of dignity and composure they notice a strange smell. It smells like semi-cooked meat and at least some of the delegates think there’s some surprise saucy meat BBQ planned. They enter the conference room and are stunned in shock at the sight in front of their eyes.

From the top most chandelier hangs a steal cable some 15 meters long and dangling from its lower end are the charred remains of the Irish Prime Minister. His skeleton is exposed in some places and his empty eye sockets promise revenge in the next world, but his feet are tied with a green, white and orange flag still soaked in smouldering gasoline.

The leaders slowly regain their senses and start looking at each other accusingly. They have all come here to have fun and enjoy the summit. Who could have left the conference room while all the others were busy drinking and partying? Who would have wanted to eliminate the Irish PM in such a gruesome manner? Ohh the horror… Ohh the disgust. Why spoil such a great party?

The ten leaders of the world look at each other suspiciously… who among them is guilty.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 19:01

WE NOW HAVE 12 PLAYERS, THUS

7 goodies - Free World Leaders (citizens/townies)
3 Badies - Axis of Evil leaders (mafia)
2 Extras - Secretary of the UN (Doc) and Head of the Scurity Council (Detective)

Last Edited : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 18:21

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 18:21

Roles are out...

Begin day 1 !

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 18:40

Assuming that the detective isn't going to drool on himself and get killed, does anybody have a problem with going with my plan from last game?

Detective investigates me, doctor protects me? If you guys don't think I'm worth saving, that's fine, but I'll probably either be dead or lynched out of paranoia otherwise.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 18:45

would anyone believe me if i said that it is my express belief that the countries are indicative of the role in this game?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 18:54

Not sure. I had no idea how to start off a mafia game with the first post so I waited for someone else. Now that we have something concrete to discuss, no-one has an excuse for not posting.

This post serves two purposes:

a) Proves I'm active;
b) Shows I'm not lurking.

In regards the Sages' plan, what if something happened like last time? I know its' not very likely, but still...

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 19:12

I'm here...but I have to eat. I'll post later. My first reaction is...Sage's plan did work well last game. However, it did get the detective killed. The detective would have to keep his mouth shut! (Unless we manage to almost lynch him again...)

More later...

Neb

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 19:21

yes I like sage's plan, if the detective finds anything on sage then say something if not keep quiet until there is something to report. Go C.S.I. on his butt though he may have missed a blood stain on his pants cuff.

I'm from Canada, we drink alot of beer and our strippers can legally remove ALL their clothes

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 21:06

Poor Sage.. I begin to wonder why you play.. always under the microscope

As for your plan.. I think you're very good at this game but the question I have is.. If we go with your plan and your mafia don't you kill off one of them? Or do you not know if you've been investigated?

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 21:07

and a Big Hoooya for those canadians !!!

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 21:19

Oh, yah, I'm Russian, so bring on the vodka!

Now as to Sage's plan, I'm going to think out loud for my benefit and the benefit of the new players...

Sage is claiming to be a townie. He asks the detective to investigate him, and the doctor to protect him the first night. This would clear his name, and leave us with perhaps one of the best players alive and on our side to help us root out the mafia. This way we don't have to go through the game thinking, "Is Sage mafia or not? Is he just leading us around?"

I've tried thinking of down sides to this, but I can't find one that doesn't already exist the first day anyway.

So, I guess I've said absolutely nothing here...let's hear from all the participants, so we can start getting ideas on who is 'scummy' as Sage puts it.

Neb

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 21:54

Sounds good Sage. Personally, i want to know where the hookers are. I have a plate of spaghetti and a bottle of wine, both of which I plan to consume from various portions of her anatomy.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 22:54

Oblivion, I for one wouldn't. You KNOW what happened last time so I think its' rather suspicious that you want to lynch something on a completely random variable.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 00:04

from what I've read there seems to be a time limit on this day, so my question is...when is the time of day(realtime) does day 1 end so we know when we have to have our votes in?

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 01:44

-----------------

Mod note 1: The first day of a game is always a bit flexible on timing. Unless we get a quick voting, in this case 7 votes, I'll allow the first day to last... a bit.

-----------------

Mod Note 2: If and when things get complicated, equal votes or disappearing players, or any situation that requires me- the Moderator of the story- to intervene, I will base my decisions on who played the role of his assigned country better. I am not talking about being mafia or innocent, but whether you incorporate your nationality into your speech or mention nationalistic trademarks. Please role play,... I know some of you are extremely capable writers

----------------

Last Edited : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 06:51

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 05:56

Zut alors, ah am not immediately agreeing wiv Sages plein. Ah do nert believe that un axis de Evil even exists. Instead ah am going to eat zis 'ere, 'ow you say, 'orse while I think on.

Also, ah offer ze hand of friendship to mon amis en French speaking Canada.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 07:27

Tarim, please take that hocket stick out of your....mouth! I know you have not won a war but remember which side of the ocean you are on.

I would go with the Sage plan since if he is a mafia it will get him killed instantly. If not, it stops a lot of speculation.

I am going to play detective (I play one on TV, not in this game!) and look at the 'clues'. Is there a chance that the Red, Orange, and Green rag on the dead body is not the Ireland flag? Perhaps it is the Italian flag or another with those colors?

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 08:07

Denmark checking in here

I will also have to agree with Sage's plan. I can't really think of a negative to it that would counter the positives that can be gained from it.

My only concern would be not hearing from the detective. I realize it would be foolish for him to come out so early just to say 'yea' or 'nay' on Sage...and I am in NO WAY suggesting that he do that. But it nags me just a little about the silence from him equaling Sage is in the clear, when I have no way to know FOR SURE that the detective actually did investigate him. Sorry Sage

But all in all it would seem like the best plan to follow...unless someone else has a different approach.

Also, just to let you know, this is my long week-end to work (12 hr. shifts). I will be checking in from 0700-0800 and again from probably 1500-1700 game time until Monday afternoon...so don't freak out because you don't think I'm posting enough!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.157959 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap