HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 17:09  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 11:08

The detective is my concern as well Wasteland. The reason we lost the last game really was that the detective got offed first night. This was enough for Tarim to get suspicious and convince himself Sage was Mafia. However, it is very unlikely that the detective gets killed right off again. On day 2 even if the detective must come forward to denouce Sage as a leader in the Axis of Evil, it is worth it to get a confirmation.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 11:42

The good news is that if Sage is mafia, then the detective comes out and says so. Once the detective is exposed, the doctor can protect him. That's why I find this plan so good...it really handicaps the mafia.

The only downfall is if the doc or detective get hit the first night, or we accidentally lynch one.

Also, this does hinge on the detective actually investigating Sage the first night, which oddly enough, didn't happen last game.(one of the perks of being the moderator) If the detective doesn't investigate Sage, it will give us a false sense of security regarding Sage's status.

In Russia we have a saying...

Ëó÷øå ñèíèöà â ðóêàõ, ÷åì æóðàâëü â íåáå.
A bird in the hand is as good as two in the bush.

Meaning let's clear Sage, rather than going for a wild guess on who to investigate the first night.

Neb

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 11:43

Well, that Russian didn't come over too well...just take my word for it...

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 12:33

A german speaking with a combination accent of french with a texas drawl is enough to raise my suspicions, especially when he goes around shaking hands. Here at the UN we only shake hands for the cameras, if you want to make friends you send a case of your finest whiskey and a few girls. Yes my suspicions are aroused.

I have a cabin on a private lake near moosenee/north ontario, no roads we must fly in. I think a few hours tied to a tree with all them blackflies doing there work and the fear of when the local bears will come around will have tarim screaming out the truth and singing on his 2 buddies.

Another curiosity, isn't ob usually flooding with msg's to confuse by now? I've never seen him so quiet.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 14:18

Nobody's giving me a read at this point...which is good, because my initial reads are often wrong!

Oblivion...care to explain why you think the countries are linked to the roles? I personally don't think so, and your little stint of saying they were last game started us down a baaaad path. So if this is your traditional "drool on yourself so you look harmless" thing, shut up. And if you're the detective or doctor again trying to hint...shut up. If you're mafia though, keep talking, because I'll be happy to lynch you.

(Note: This is not a call for anyone to vote Oblivion, nor does it state my desire to see Oblivion dead)

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 14:31

Either Oblivion has learned from his past mistakes (which I doubt), or he has a different role than in the past few games, and he's acting differently to hide that fact(being awfully quiet).

I am now curious as to which country he is representing.

And I wasn't sure what tarim even said, so I left it alone...but it does seem like a german speaking French man with a southern drawl...what the heck country is that?

(and where is everyone? I feel like I'm monopolizing the conversation here...)

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 15:06

well... last night i had a headache, so i didn't post much... and don't worry, i haven't learned from past mistakes guys. i'll be as... obnoxious as ever...

by the end of this day, no doubt everyone will think "obviously obnoxious oblivion obtains another drooling award!"
:p

anyway...
I think we should follow sage's plan, and i would like to open up the votes by voting for renno for the simple fact of voting for a sick ob :'( :p

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 15:08

wait, renno didn't vote for me.. so my vote on him is rescinded
i think i spelled that right..

anyway, no vote from me for now

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:13

heheh I seen you in irc last night ob and you didn't say anything about being sick, you seemed to be quite upbeat even wanting to play. No I didn't vote for you I only took note of you being online so much and NOT posting, not like you. But what is your country?

As things stand there isn't much to go on and I don't see a reason yet to vote, my suspicions fall on tarim, but this is my first game and I really don't know what I'm doing yet

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:18

question for the vets of this game.

Does the storyline sometimes read any clues as to who the badguys are?

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:18

I guess we're still waiting to hear from titonator and kong.

I see tity has been online since the thread discusiion started, but decided not to post...and kong just hasn't been back on yet.

I wonder why tity didn't post?

Anyway, I will be back 0700 or so tomorrow and hope that both have posted by then. I'd hate to see any inactives.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:28

u must not've been there when i explained my poems renno

joshuahouck.freespaces.com

the last one titled headache was written last night
i had not the brain capacity to deal with mafia...

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:52

British PM here, and I say that we should get rid of these Axis whatnot quick-smart, before more people die.

I believe the unknown fellow (Oblivion) who says that the countries that each of us are from decides whether or not we are part of this so called "Axis of Evil". What country is this chap from anyway?

As far as the other fellows' plan (Sage), I believe it may be workable if we can keep the Secretary of the UN and the Head of the Security Council alive. These two chaps will be critical in our destruction of the "Axis", if such a thing truly exists... I don't know if its' the truth or just a bunch of codswallop.

Cheery-o for now.
British PM Fivoh.

(Sorry if I talk poor British-English, I'm Australian )

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 16:59

Well, mate. If you don't know your fellow english speaking country... Is it not enough we have your damn flag on ours?

Britain.. psh.

Us aussies pledge all of New Zealand (spelling?) to prove our innocence. *mumble: damn new zealanders...*

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 17:08

-----------------
Mod Note 3:

Just for the sake of the story and I'm not telling who's who,... the countries participating in this are:

USA, Germany, Great-Britain, Russia, Australia, Italy, France, Spain, Denmark, Portugal, Canada and Norway.

-----------------

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 17:08

the almighty USA are here now , i did not post earlier, because i chose not to, as i was kinda busy sleeping in IRC

anywhoo, i have a super plan here ..... i know who im going to vote for vote 1 already just after reading some stuff, i am sure i know who at least one Axis person is , we will see

Good day for now from the USA

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 17:54

For the record I am the Spanish representative. If there is anything historical then Australia has to be a townie, because they never got in a war with anyone. Denmark and Canada too. But then again countries may not be linked to roles.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 20:59

so far this is where everybody is from;

USA - tito
Germany - ?tarim?
UK - darkguy
Russia - Neb
Aussies - oblivion
Italy - ???
France - ?tarim?
Spain - Corflu
Denmark - Wasteland
Portugal - ???
Norway - ???

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 21:01

oops forgot myself

Canada - Renno

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 21:41

Hmm, I though my country was pretty clear. Would this clue help? I like my women with mustaches.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.093750 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap