HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 13:53  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 19 January 2007 - 22:21

Corflu, I appreciate your adamance (is that the right form of the word?) towards tarim. However, I think that if I am not investigated, another will rise to challenge me in the even that Renno isn't mafia. To not investigate me would be to allow the mafia to pivot another against me. Does what I'm saying make sense? The presence of a vocal person to pit themselves against gives the town less suspicions towards the entire mafia. Renno and Oblivion issues need to be resolved, through death and investigation.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Friday, 19 January 2007 - 22:21

Lookie there mate, first post on a new page...

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 January 2007 - 22:34

either or will work, you'll get them. I think obi's drool is working the most on the paranoia's, remember day 1, obi and tarim were a team in more than 1 vote and more than 1 arguement, remove obi and the paranoia may settle to hard logic. Tomorrow you will see every word I spoke was true except for the 1 off the wall post tonight out of frustration, and there it is more of obi's drool laying out scenarios for you to make your forget the facts and think in every other direction.

Corflu and wasteland, you both have sound logic so lead the rest past the drool, bud will follow in suit and eventually so will neb, that's all you need. Darkguy is lost in the dark and sage is too busy saving himself. GOOD LUCK!

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 01:51

---------------------------

Mod note 12:

This is the end of Day 2.

NO MORE POSTING.

Day 2 Story posted
Night 2 story posted MUWHAHAHAHAHA

---------------------------

Last Edited : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 05:21

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 05:22

--------------------

Mod note 13:

This is Day 3.

You may resume your bickering

Now are left:
4 Leaders of the Free World
1 Secretary of the UN (Doctor)
3 Axis of Evil Leaders

--------------------

Last Edited : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 05:25

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 06:16

Better get this right... ONE more mislynch and we're done for. Hmm... Renno was killed. So, wwho were the people who voted for him? That gives us an idea. For now, I'm leaving. Big post tomorrow, after all you Americans have posted some plans and ideas.

Gotta love the UN

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 07:56

Bah! (gurgle, gurgle)

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 08:31

BAH!

Now, the Detective is dead.

Renno is dead.

I look suspicious as hell.

And there is NO WAY for me to prove my innocence.

Bravo to the mafia with last nights kill...

I must say, this mafia is doing very well... I think that I will post all of my hunches right now about the mafia.

Dg- usually votes SOMEONE.. even in only alphabetical order.. this game he is to.. uninterested... he could be playing the inconspicuous mafia

Bud Chevy- he was on last night and didn't post. also he jumped on voting me a lot

i have no clue about the third, but I think I'll have to say tarim...

keep in mind these are only my hunches...

Then again, mafia's playstyle seems a little complex for dg... maybe he's being quiet because he doesn't understand their plan?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 08:40

Um...There goes our plans.

Ugh...Now we have to reread everything and figure this out.

Oblivion is the obvious choice...but that seems too easy.
Here's the voters...

Oblivion
tarim
Sage
Neb
Bud
Renno
Corflu

I think that's it...I'll check. Sage and Renno are out. I'd say Oblivion, tarim and Corflu are high on my charts. So, I think we start with these. My bet is also that either Darkguy or titonator are also one of the mafia. We are going to need some posting to get more clues...so everyone, POST!

Neb

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 09:08

@Neb – I would hope Renno is out….since he is a goner! I said Renno was not mafia a long time ago. If he was, then you were all going to hang me immediately. Since he is not, I assume you understand that I am not as well. Was willing to vote Tarim.

My anaylsis......

Sage - seems safe ONLY IF he was investigated day 1. Presumably he was found out to not be mafia from what I read. If not for that, everything I read points to him as mafia and my gut feeling is he is. However Wasteland WAS the detective and he said right away he agreed with “the Sage plan”. Have to trust that he investigated at this stage.

Neb - Sage really believes he is a townie and supposedly Sage is a townie. Despite the slams at Sage’s townie reasoning skills let's believe him here. However I am on Nebs suspect list now, even though he knows that I supported Renno living when it would have been easy for me to join to kill him like the rest of you mafia were endorsing. Was after titonator for inactivity early which is good.

Titonator – Guaranteed mafia. Never posts or even votes (despite being online a little). He was online last night. His one vote was to kill kong.

Darkguy – has been playing very well, is consistent, and was saying that Renno was not mafia. Probably townie. However ‘no vote’ only helps mafia.

Oblivion – Voted for kong then changed to Renno. Was driving hard to kill Renno. Probbaly mafia as most think.

bud_chevy – votes to kill oblivion all along. Probably townie.

Tarim – I say he is mafia and Renno said he is mafia. He did not like the Sage plan, said right off there was no Axis of Evil, and until I said so was on often and posting rarely. I love his character, but perhaps more of a ploy. And he was anti-Renno. He thinks I am a townie, but that may be to appease my suspicions. He tried to link me hard to Renno, yet if he was mafia would he do that knowing if Renno is killed and a townie that would declare me free? Just too little too late for me. My head says mafia but my gut says no. Also Canadians are less French, except in Quebec!

I said that 2 if not 3 mafia would come from the kong vote The voters in order were
Bud
Wasteland
Oblivion
titonator
Neb
tarim

Conclusion
Titonator – mafia
Obliivion – mafia

Tarim – possible

Neb – townie
Sage – townie
Bud_chevy – townie
Darkguy – townie

Safest is to vote Titonator or Oblivion next vote. Though there will be a lot of talk and misdirection from the same folks if titonator is gone since he does not post.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 10:44

Ok, I officially hate this game.

It's bad enough that we have three mafia to deal with, but it seems like in every game we get townies who seem to take joy out of screwing over the town.

WE'RE ON A TEAM. There should be no satisfaction in "I told you so" because it's your own fault for not telling us so convincingly enough.

Bah!

Oblivion has been bugging me all game because he's changed his playstyle after like...8 games. I say we just lynch him. I'd suggest we carefully examine all the evidence and try to find something that would point to mafia, but that would take as long as a couple days, and with the deadlines I don't see that happening.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 11:14

-----------------

Mod note 14:

A few remarks if I may people:

1. Deadlines - if you want more time, I'm perfectly willing to extend the deadlines. so far, I have only set the deadline when I felt it intertwined well with the pace you your postings and plot.

2. Sage's remark about the game being a 'Team game'. Sage is correct. The mafia is a team. The townies are a team. The townies only shortcoming - as far as team is concerned - is their inability to talk to each other as the mafia do. However, couple that issue with inactivity or reluctance to play, and many options the game offers are closed to all teams. With this in mind...

3. I have messaged Titonator regarding his game inactivity. He was online yesterday, so either town or mafia or special role, it is his _public_ inactivity hurts the game play. I hope he makes a comeback and participates more. If not, I might have to get creative... on his sorry behind!

4. Enjoy

-------------------------

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 11:21

OK.. sorry for not posting last night.. Only had time to check my camps.

Renno’s last post : “Corflu and wasteland, you both have sound logic so lead the rest past the drool, bud will follow in suit and eventually so will neb, that's all you need”

Now that we’ve lost the detective and I reluctantly switched my vote there is no way that Obliv is not mafia!

Granted Obliv stated that he looks suspicious as hell and Neb said it would be too easy of a vote, at this point in the game the mafia could be more than willing to make a one for one swap and sacrifice Obilivion.

I have to agree with Renno’s ghost and Corflu our mafia has to be Obliv and Tito

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 11:40

This is getting sorrier and sorrier. I know that I'm left with egg or should I say Tomato soup on my face after gunning for Renno from day 1, but losing the detective has really come as a blow.

I know you're feeling angry now Sage and that's exactly how I felt last game when your plan didn't work. My desire then, to lynch you anyway over Corflu was a coin-toss without the coin and I should have stepped back and trusted you. The same goes for your reasoning of Oblivion. It may be the same ol' drool but it's a little better thought out this time round so maybe just hold your horses.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 12:06

Oblivion has also been a lot more enthusiastic about this game than past games. I assume I'm not the only one getting chat invites from him at all hours of the day saying "MAFIA! POST IN MAFIA!" am I?

What could explain his changed playstyle and newfound enthusiasm? A mafia role.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 12:20

More thoughts on Tarim:

Since most people have figured out I am an obvious townie and I suspected Tarim early then the mafia killing me would be a straight clue that Tarim is mafia. So instead Renno, the only person who supported me on the suspect of Tarim, is accused by Tarim (others too, yes) and is killed.

Oblivion, Titonator, and Tarim are my choices. I'll start the ball and vote for Oblivion now.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 13:33

I can not in good conscious have the above post and not vote Tarim. So I will change.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 13:51

Like I said, I've stuck with my belief that Renno was mafia and had to wait til after kong was defenestrated. I'll put my hand up to making a mistake but I'd really hoped to have been investigated last night and be in the clear along with Sage.
Corflu, I'm pretty sure it's not you but I'm also pretty sure it's not oblivion so I'm in a dilemma as to who to vote. More later.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 14:29

Well, I am as upset as anyone that our townies seem to constantly drool on themselves...and our most famous drooler has done rather well this game at not drooling...

As I said earlier, I think Oblivion is the obvious mafia. I am glad however that Corflu took his #3 vote off of him, as it was very dangerous. (do however, note that #4 and #5 didn't happen quick, which is another point against him)

(Do not give up yet! We do still have the doc on our side, and he may yet save our butts. I'm glad to see that the doc saved Sage instead of himself last night...it show's he's thinking.)

We need to keep the conversation up so that we can flush out all the mafias. This is our last chance. Let's review...

Titonator makes an interesting player. At first, I thought he was inactive becuase he was gone from the game. But I've checked, and he's been around. So, either he forgot he's playing, or he's just lurking and purposely not posting while his mafia buddies do all the work. This would be a new style of play for sure...

Darkguy is also interesting. He has not voted yet...ever! It's part of the game Darkguy! Yes, we may have chosen wrong so far, but at least we are making decisions.

Tarim was accused by Renno and Corflu. This was based on posting style, and sometimes that's all you have to go on.

Bud has not been making any waves this game. He seemed adament about Oblivion from the start, and I guess I can't fault him for that...if only I had stuck with my first instincts.

Sage is clear. I think Wasteland made that obvious.

Corflu also seems to be clear. Something in my gut says he could be mafia, but looking at his play and posts, my head says he's town. (and how lucky would you have to be to be mafia 3 times in a row!)

Counting me, that's all of us.

I still strongly lean toward Oblivion. He was my first real hunch, and I should have stuck with it. It seems when he really applies himself, he can be quite good at this game...in a mafia role.

I hold off my vote for further posts, and to make sure we find the whole gang.

Neb

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 16:54

Oi,

Listen up and listen good. I only have time for one post. I've been out all day, musical practice, driving practice, and shopping. Now I'm about to head out w/ the gf. So listen closely.

I said the Renno/Oblivion issue HAD TO BE RESOLVED. Not only one of us, but both of us. Had Wasteland survived last night, I am sure that he would be able to clear me today. However, he didn't. And for that reason, I give the mafia props. Had wasteland survived, I would be clear, as it is, I am the obvious fall guy for today, and that gives the mafia the win. Think, if I'm mafia. Town struggles on another day. If I'm town, the game is over, mafia wins. I think I'd rather place my vote somewhere else in your shoes. I have shown more enthusiasm this game because I am actually thinking, and analyzing. I could've sworn Renno was mafia. Sadly, I was mistaken, and due to my mistake, town may lose now. Vote as you will... I think nothing I can say will sway anyone from voting me anyway...

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160156 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap