HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 21:18  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 08:23

-----------------

Mod note 6:

1. I recounted the active votes. Check it frequently as I will too.

2. I will mod-kill kong NOT because he is inactive. Before the game started, kong made a few curious comments. First he conditioned his joining the game on being able to choose whether he plays any particular role. I refused and told explicitly that he's welcome under no conditions and that the roles will be randomly divided. I proceeded to send out the character roles and countries/nationalities. Then he said that 'he is in', but posted publicly that he doesn't want to play.
So, I will mod-kill him if the players do not reach a viable voting conclusion or if any special circumstances arise. I will not kill him if all the players vote for someone else. My decision on kong is based solely on his in/out of the game situation, not his current inactivity.

There will be no more discussion on the kong situation. As far as everyone is concerned for now, he is an active player in this game.

3. The vote doesn't need a time extension due to Sage's talk about 'tomorrow'. I believe Sage talks about tomorrow in USA time, while the mafia game is run WOL time. Votes from everyone, including orders from Secretary of the UN (doctor) and Head of the Security Council (detective) should be posted or sent to me until the end of January 15th at Midnight, WOL time.

------------------------

Last Edited : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 08:25

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 09:56

I suggested Kong being voted out because of past history that we take out inactives, as confirmed by darkguy. In light of what Sanshiro posted I think that Kong is definitely one of us. Why else the lack of involvement unless he did not get one of the special roles. If we don’t have a majority he will be mod killed and we end up losing 2 townies in the first night.

As for my thoughts about players other than kong:

Corflu posted: "Vote whomever is pushing to get rid of Kong makes sense to me if you assume he is not mafia. That list is Wasteland, Neb, titonator, Tarim, and Oblivion" After thinking about it I agree. We lose more if he is one of us. It gives the axis 2 up on us after the first day.

To me, of those 3 listed by corflu, titonator, Oblivion and Wasteland’s posts are the most intriguing. When I initially suggested getting rid of Kong due to his unwillingness to play Wasteland, oblivion and titonator jumped on the band wagon almost immediately. I also found it odd that Wasteland threw out a shot trying to name Oblivion as mafia and less than an hour later Oblivion posted: “ I agree on voting Kong… Let’s end day one”

This seems all too mafiaish.. The play by Wasteland to name Oblivion in what appears to be a move to not link them together and then Oblivion eagerly wanting day one to end. Titonator’s lack of posting other than to lynch someone also has him on my radar.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 10:06

Bah! Here I go changing my vote again...Call me a teeter-totter...

I'm guessing, based on Sanshiro's post, that kong is not any special role or he would be playing. (Thanks Sanshiro for that insight ) So, therefore I agree with Corflu, that it does us more good to keep kong alive than kill him.

I'm not a good one to judge tarim's posting from last game, since I was reading all posts knowing what the person was from the start. Although, Renno hasn't played a game yet, and has no predetermined style, he seems to be sincere about tarim. Tarim will go on the 'watch-list' that everyone keeps referring to. Corflu also agrees with Renno, so either tarim is guilty, or Corflu and Renno are in on this together.

Wasteland, I'd like to hear more about who you think is playing differently. This might actually help us out...

It's hard to say No Lynch, since that does not tell us anything about anyone, and is an easy out for the mafia to use...

So, I will vote tarim, and see what that turns up...

Oh, and Wasteland, I'm posting as much as I can (at least every time I've been on)...I'd like to see more substantial posts by some others.

Neb

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 10:13

@ Neb & BC,

I said NO DISCUSSING the kong situation with regards to the mod-kill or what I said above. The next person will also be mod-killed.

kong might have very well asked to be doc and got detective. Kong might have very well asked to be town and got mafia. The roles were RANDOMLY picked!

I'm NOT implying anything about kong's role and only about his spoiled mannerisms.

Please discuss kong's activity in the game only and do NOT infer anything from my words on his inactivity.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 10:16

sorry

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 10:59

Bad Neb!

It still doesn't change my mind...

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 11:56

sujato umm... last game i posted, its too wierd being a townie nothin to do but squirm, next time make me a mafia or i wont play that one for another site had this, i was always a townie it was boring.

i edited it to make it short. plus im not in the mood for a game + the post you sent me i thought it was about the clan, i replied im already in i didnt find out that you were mafia mod till after i posted that. so pull me out sorry for any confusion this caused,I was townie

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 12:42

@Sans
-----
i'm not discussing the mod kill in the old sense, i'm discussing it in light of kong's latest message

@kong
-----
come on man, just play! mafia is fuuuun, you can't be a power role all the time..

@everyone else
--------------
If he decides to NOT PLAY, as in the most extreme case of lurking/inactivity, I say we vote him off, because if we kill a townie, he gets taken out, and mafia hits someone, that makes the mafia feel REALLY GOOD. he is of no help to the town if he doesn't do anythin.

@everyone
---------
i am playing different this game, yes i am, i will be the first to admit.
i am actually taking things semi seriously.. due to the fact that sage and biscuit are not here to lead the town.. (well sage is.. but not proactively)
i figured.. less drool, more logic (not the funky roundabout kind either...)
I agree that by jumping on kong, i am suspicious, however, if you think about it, if we vote kong, who seems adamant about his plain role, we enforce the plausibility of sage's plan.. and that will leave sage alive for later (although I don't know the use this will have because he isn't posting much...)

lastly, i propose that if you all think i have become more of an asset than the liability i was in previous games, to transfer sage's plan to me. I will gladly have the detective investigate me to prove my innocence

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 13:17

I too am playing it differently this game. Firstly, I have at least tried to get into character (even if it sounded like Inspector Clouseau) and secondly although I have had internet access and posted less than 'before' I've actually spent the last 4 days getting very drunk at a Kingdom of loathing (Yes, I do play "other" games too. )meet in London and haven't had the time for long posts and indepth insight so far.
I've just got through checking about 200 forum posts that I'd missed out on.

Anyway, I'll now tell you what I think.
I was the last of the people to jump on the Kong bandwagon, as it was described and although I didn't feel like agreeing with Sage's plan twice in a row because it didn't exactly work last time (understatement) I still feel that that and being nice to Canada is the limit of people's suspicions towards me.
Maybe Sage has had a similar weekend and that's why he hasn't posted so much so I will, begrudgingly, go along with his plan.

Bottom line is there is a tarim bandwagon out there and I think maybe that's something to look at, and, like I said, I was far from the first person to jump on any Kong bandwagon if you reread the first few pages.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 14:18

Just to clarify, the order in which people decided to vote for kong initially was:
Bud
Wasteland
Oblivion
titonator
Neb
tarim
...After which Corflu wrote:
"tarim is voting for kong. That is enough reason for me to once again vote Tarim. And the detective and doctor need to work on Sage tonight. My vote is for tarim and I am pretty sure of it."
Now, Corflu's posts otherwise read to me that he is taking time to think things through and is probably townie but this quote above obviously wrankles, "Once again vote Tarim" especially so.
...Last time Corflu was mafia voting for me.

A further post from Corflu saying I'm purposefully posting little but logging on a lot I sincerely hope I addressed in my last post.
I logged on a lot during the weekend but often for very short periods of time.

I really want to vote for Corflu but I'm starting to believe he's a townie from reading the rest of his posts, so now I'm left with the rest of the above list of players and Renno, who laid into me early on too.

Therefore I'm going to unvote Kong, as it makes a lot of sense.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 14:26

check the vote page tarim. I never rushed to judgement like several others and voted for kong. I merely suggested that we vote out inactives just like the other games i've been in.
It's all the ones who rushed to the lynching of kong that i take issue with now and that's why my vote reflects that.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 14:26

I will unvote kong for now.

But keep this in mind.

Who will we vote out in his place? What if we hit another townie? This isn't an, oh we hit a town instead of a town, oh well. This is an, oh crap we hit a town and lost a town and then ANOTHER town... keep that in mind..

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 15:09

Ok, ok...I'm here. Forgive me for not posting much during the weekend...I was off having fun.

Sanshiro, I'd like to request more time for us all to decide. Because there are so many mafia in this game, Day One is very important. If we can't find a mafia, we should at least find someone who, if they DO turn up townie, give us clues...like darkguy did last game.

Lynching kong is a WASTE! I would think that would be obvious...which is why my current suspect is NEB.

Neb's usually more cautious (and intelligent) than he's playing right now. He's trying to look townie by switching back and forth, showing lots of hesitation...but he's playing like he has an agenda, and a pro-town player would NOT be pushing for a kong lynch if he's as smart as Neb is.

When you don't have many wrong lynches to spare, killing inactives is a horrible strategy. Leave kong alive, let's look at Neb.

Of course, if Sanshiro decides not to give us time to discuss, we should lynch kong...I'm not convinced Neb is mafia yet (how could I be?) but I think he deserves to be pressured, and I think we may find out some interesting information.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 15:52

-------------
Mod note 7:

The single one point which does for me as the moderator of this game is Sage's request for more time.

I am perfectly willing to give you one more day so that the discussion heats up a little. This is a 12 (11?!) player game and a bit more text would make it more fun. I'm only comparing it to the previous game where there was lots more fun.

So I'm postponing the deadline for the vote to Midnight, 16th January, WOL time.

I'm also reminding everyone that playing the characters you were each assigned WILL make this game more fun. Kudos to tarim for making an effort with the English speaking French. I understand that some of you might find that reasoning AND playing a character is too difficult to do together but please do give it a try...

------------------------

Last Edited : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 15:53

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:12

Geese! A guy can only drink so much vodka!

Ah, Sage...I guess I get what I asked for eh?

Well, I initially pushed for kong, since he was unknown as to whether he was mafia or town or what. I still don't see what good it does to keep him alive? Having an inactive townie who will never vote does nothing for the town. He will never vote, he will never help us root out the mafia, nothing. He will basically take up space, and make the game less fun. So when townies = 1 more than the mafia, mafia wins due to an inactive townie.

I do realize that voting kong now is a bad move, since it's easy for the mafia to hide in that vote. That is why I'm no longer voting him, and turned my vote to tarim. I was trying to get him to post something and it worked. (well, it may not be due to my vote, but I'm taking credit anyway.)

You are right though, I have switched my vote a lot. Usually I do all this thinking behind the scenes and the players here don't see it. This game, I'm thinking out loud...welcome to my thoughts. I wish everyone would post more. The game is dull when nobody does...and it's also harder to find the mafia.

With that said, I think I may change my vote to someone else, who hasn't posted much of substance. In this game, I think mafia can be quieter and hide more. I want everyone out and posting something substantial...we have a whole day extra now.

Neb

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:15

Just one furzeur point to Corflu, who pointed out Ah'm not following round after Beescuit zees game.
During ze last game Ah felt a very strong empathy wiz what he was saying and already had similar heunches and it turned out we were both correct. He simply posted his heunches first.
Razeur than calling it ze arselicking on my part Ah prefeur ze phrase:
"Great minds sink alike"

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:36

(Aussie's speak english.. and i dunno how to rp being aussie other than to trow in a few m8's here or there.. i could do some stereotypical/derogatory "Dingo ate my baby!" type comments.. but thats in bad taste....)

Anyway, I like the fact that people seem to be more serious this game.. the only problem is, I am increasingly motivated to be NOT serious.. to get things moving... And I'm more interested in being serious this game.. but push me.. and I WILL go out of my way to start something :p
Get my drift, mate? Imagine being alone in a ravine with a group o' 'roos! Thats how I feel right now!!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:42

Bah...Neb, I'm still getting mafia vibes from you, but the idea of trying to get enough evidence against you in one day is...tiring. Mostly, the lynching inactives thing really is rubbing me the wrong way. We don't have room to waste a kill.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:42

Ok, a couple points:

Neb- You asked me to state who else I thought was playing differently this game other than tarim. Oblivion was who I had in my mind as sticking out as playing drastically different, and I was waiting to see if someone else also thought the same thing. But it's a non-issue now as he came out in his latest post explaining his different play.

Bud- Very curious post from you has you on my suspect list now. You suggest kong as the first vote, then don't vote for him yourself...and then start crucifying any and all that actually do. You also stated that I claimed Oblivion was mafia. I did no such thing and ask that you provide the quote where I insinuated Obi was mafia.

Corflu- I find it suspicious how you can be so sure that tarim is mafia after only a couple posts from him. I don't think at this stage of the game anyone can be sure of anyone else's guilt or innonence. You could be sure he was posting differently...but that is a big difference from being sure of his maffianess.

Tity- In your first post you claimed to have a super plan, and were pretty confident of at least one mafia member...yet you didn't state what your super plan was...or who you thought was the mafia member. that, to me, is not pro-town action. Please post explaining your super plan and the person you thought was mafia and why so the rest of the town can discuss it's merits.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:47

(Can I swap countries with Oblivion? I AM Australian!) .

Uhh... I can't even FOLLOW you guys anymore. Can someone give me a summary?

What I can remember is that kong had five votes at one stage (according to Sage). THAT means that the mafia had a change to kill him. (I think. Theres' twelve, right? So taht means seven to lynch). So that means that either the mafia don't want kong dead (which is plausible as he has a possibility of being modkilled, or of course in the case that hes' mafia), or that two of the five voters (or possibly three of them) were already voting for him.

Just something to muse.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap