HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 20:53  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 18:20

Well, I was out partying with some girls last night...and had too much vodka to drink. I'm still a bit foggy.

I'm not sure why Sage isn't posting...maybe he's just soaking this all up. I think kong is a good choice as he obviously doesn't want to play...or is just playing that card as a way to fly under the radar. Either way, he would be no help to the town, if he was mafia even better!

I'm not sure what to make of tarim...last game he seemed to follow Biscuit quite a bit, and I really can't make heads or tails of any of his posts. Might be a mafia thing to post nonsense just to confuse us.

On the flip side, Renno seems to jump on tarim rather quickly. Possibly trying to get a movement started...so either Renno knows tarim enough to realize he's acting scummy, or Renno wants to put focus on a citizen...

Well, I'm going for kong too...no use in keeping an inactive citizen around...especially if he doesn't vote ever.

Neb

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 18:21

Read "The Sage Plan". The detective checks him out day 1. Normally I would say he is mafia for all of his non-posts. But if the detective checks him day 1 and the doctor protects him then he is in good shape and we have one on our side to start.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 19:55

Don't know him that well and not putting speculation on a townie, I'm just new at this game. I did however follow along the last game and what I saw of tarim then and what I see now...big difference. Nothing else has been substantial enough to raise any serious suspicions.

Voting kong without anything to go on...odds are we'll get a townie and although he's no help to us without playing I think we are wasting a turn and giving the axis a step up on us. Kong will be going to a modkill anyways mafia or townie, why waste a turn.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 20:00

Rennos' right. Why waste a lynch on Kong?

I'd actually prefer it if he were to be replaced, in fact, rather than actually having to wonder. If we lynch Kong, and he's a townie, yeah, fine, he wasn't helping, good enough. We got rid of an inactive. But then the Axis gets a night kill and we'll be down another townie, and its' possible that they'll hit the detective or the doctor (of course assuming everyone utilizes Sages' plan.

But then again, he might be mafia. Better to let him be modkilled than waste a lynch, in my opinion.

I'm still not voting. Not yet, anyway. There's nothing nearly suspicious enough to kill anyone, except for possibly lack of posting, but apparently its a long weekend over there, so I suppose they all have an excuse.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 20:06

What's worse is what if kong is the doctor or detective? We waste a turn and gain a big handicap against us, not to mention that it blows sage's plan out of the water.

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 20:14

Zis is ze reason why I am not following Sages plein this time. He is not peursting anyvere near as much as last time and maybe is trying to throw us off ze scent, but ah was wrong last time and maybe I should respect the fact that it can't get as fouled up for us as in ze last game.

Ah shall initially vert for kong, but ernly because he is inactive a ce moment.

*out of character: Just because I'm speaking Franglais doesn't make me dodgy. Like Oblivion last game, I'm merely roleplaying... I actually know 'some' nice French people!!! Hell, I lost my virginity to one!*

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 20:20

lol I've known some french(ladies) too and boy what I learned! but man you sound more like that phony french driver from that ricky bobby movie LOL

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 21:02

All right, I'm unvoting kong for now, but even if he is the doctor or detective, he will be mod killed. If he is going to get mod-killed anyway, why wouldn't we just vote for him, rather than taking a chance on voting someone else? If we vote out someone else, we risk losing two townies (the lynch, and kong), plus the mafia gets a night kill on top of it! Now we're down 3 townies in one day! Plus we are not even sure that kong is a townie...maybe he is mafia, and then we actually come out way ahead.

Okay, I just talked myself into voting kong again...I'm not taking the chance of killing an active townie, when we could just get rid of an inactive one.

Neb

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 21:20

I think we have a real issue with Kong.. If he is not a townine and has a more important role (like det. or doc) then sage's plan is wasted because he either won't be investigated or protected. sigh..

it's so much better when everyone plays

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 21:25

posted above before reading Renno's post.. DOH! Too much of that spanish wine..

any other suggestions about kong?

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 21:44

Ok, couple of things. First off, I seriously doubt Kong is the doc or the detective. Why? Because odds are against it. He was doc last game so its unlikely he is this game, assuming Sanchiro used random role generation. If he actually picked out people, well, the fact that Kong got modkilled LAST game probably means Sanchiro wouldn't give him an important roll deliberately.

So, having said that I will NOT vote for Kong. Why? Because we can vote No Lynch! I think we have seen enough to start picking out Mafia without actually voting to lynch anyone. So, we don't have to worry about accidently lynching a townie, we get to know if Sage is a townie or mafia, and we already have some clues as to who might or might be mafia.

Whew, enough talking. Hairy women await.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 22:08

tarim is voting for kong. That is enough reason for me to once again vote Tarim. And the detective and doctor need to work on Sage tonight. My vote is for tarim and I am pretty sure of it.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 22:31

I think that we have the following options.

1. Vote Kong.
-------------
Reasoning: Kong doesn't want to play.. (or something like that...) Thus, either he will be modkilled OR simply be an inactive. So, voting Kong is almost synonymous with No Lynch. Thus, we avoid potentially voting off a townie who would otherwise survive day one.

However, this could also potentially help the mafia.
A)It has been stated before that No Lynch only helps the mafia... though I am not positive of the validity of such a statement, that would make voting Kong (the approximate equivalent of No Lynch) a pro-mafia decision.
B)Kong could POSSIBLY be a power role. In which case, we ruin Sage's plan. This could possibly leave us blind to Sage's identity.

2. Vote Tarim.
--------------
Reasoning: Tarim's style of play is different from last game. This seems suspicious, but there could be multiple reasons for this change...

A) Tarim has learned from mistakes, and changed his style of play.
B) Tarim is mafia and is failing to maintain his previous mentality.
C) Tarim is simply trying to follow the thread better and analyze everything before posting.

3. Vote Sage.
-------------
Reasoning: With the doubt of kong being a special role or not, and sage's silence (no matter the reason), voting sage off removes the possibility of a very dangerous enemy. It can be argued that he is a very good advantage to have for the town. However, once he is cleared, the doctor will protect the detective and that leaves sage open for a night kill. There is no forseeable advantage of one day of sage being alive, especially in light of last game's performance.

4. Vote whoever is pushing to get rid of kong.
----------------------------------------------
Reasoning: Mafia wants the game to move quick and without reason. Pushing for a kong-lynch is mafia-ish. However, it is also very frustrated townie-ish as well. Use your judgement.

This is Oblivion, signing off for The Drool Report. See you tommorrow.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 14 January 2007 - 22:34

Oh, and we have 5 votes for kong right now.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 00:59

I'm busy, wait til tomorrow and I'll post. And for gods sake, don't lynch anyone.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 07:22

The only reason I can see voting for kong is if he is incative and mafia. If he is inactive for real life reasons then his posts to not make me want to vote for him.

Voting for Sage seems silly since he will be found out day 1 if he is mafia if the detective checks him.

Tarims is purposely posting little and saying nothing while logging in frequently. I believe he is clearly mafia.

Vote whoemever is pushing to get rid of Kong makes sense to me if you assume he is not mafia. That list is Wasteland, Neb, titonator, Tarim, and Oblivion. Neb is a tad curoous to me having posted very little as well. I would like to hear more of his thoughts since he is on the "kong list". If kong is lynched and he is not mafia then everyone voting for him is clearly suspect mafia. If you are a townie and believe kong is also a townie, do not vote for him!

tarim and Neb. hmmmmmm.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 07:26

Sage: I do not think you have until tomorrow to post per Sanshiro.

Neb: kong being inactive does not give a reason to vote off a townie. It means one more day that the mafia have a chance to live, whether he is active or not. That is why you are in my mafia suspect list. No townie would ever vote one off for just not being around much.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 07:32

We did it during the first mafia game. And the second, and the third... not the fourth, of course... then the fifth, but no, not after that, of course not!

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 07:45

Well, I'll unvote kong for now...but may still go back to him before it's over.

Other than no-lynch, to me he's the best choice. There have been a couple people take notice of tarim saying he's playing a different game this time. This may be true. But there are a couple of others that are also off to a different start this game, but no one seems to make mention of them. I find that interesting. Six of one, half a dozen of the other my grandma used to say

I will check back this afternoon after I get some sleep and have a chance to re-read the posts. And I would encourage all the "he's not playing the same this game" types to go back and reread last games posts and see if you see one or two others that aren't playing the same either.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 08:01

I have a question to ask before I go.

Why is there mention of a mod-kill? It's only been done once, and for good reason...because of the revealing of special role in a pm...outside of the forum jurisdiction.

I've never heard of a player being mod-killed due to inactivity. Replaced I can understand...and would ENCOURAGE, but mod-killing someone for inactivity?
To me, it seems they are either in the line-up or they aren't- regardless of how active they choose to be.

Sanshiro- Are you going to mod-kill someone just because they are inactive/ not posting?

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap