HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
AuthorTopic : 1. Trouble at the UN – Mafia Game
darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:50

Hah I missed something in my last post. I said:

"or that two of the five voters (or possibly three of them) were already voting for him."

I meant that two, or possibly three of the voters were MAFIA. Sorry, lapse in concentration.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 18:05

san modkill

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 18:14

LMAO well since I am canadian I guess I am playing the role kinda naturally eh and being canadian I don't know any way that distinguishes a difference in my posting that would make me MORE canadian eh? lol

we drink lots of beer, pay extrememly high taxes(2nd highest in the world I believe) and allow our strippers to remove EVERYTHING! it is still illegal to smoke herb here but we are trying to follow the danes in that regard to keep the public a little happier when paying such high taxes.
AND although the rest of the world thinks we have a great medical plan you can forget it! we pay the taxes on it and yes everyone is entitled to the basic, but we also pay for benefits on top of that equal to what americans pay for total coverage and we receive poorer quality service. We 'could' be a great country but we are run by politicians with their own agenda...and the dang french always want to seperate and have their own country but still use all the benefits provided.

well that was longer than intended lol brb with my real post.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 18:38

"Bah?" That's my line!

(Neb rubs Sage again)...Is that better?

Well, let's think about it. The mafia doesn't want to kill kong becuase he's inactive and not a threat to them at all. They would rather take a chance that the townies kill one of their own, with their help of course. And then get a night kill, reducing the # of town by 3...and the chance that somebody important is in those 3 is really good. So, yes, mafia wants to leave kong alone.

Now, on the other side. The town doesn't want kong dead, because he's town...and maybe there is a slight chance that he will pick up interest in this game yet, and help out. So it's worth the town's risk to keep a known townie alive, and go for another player...worst case scenario, they lose one townie.

The problem is, we have to be sure we get a mafia on this lynch, or we are giving the mafia a very big first day. From 9 townies to 6 in one day is not good...well 7, but one inactive townie.

As it stands now kong lives, and we get to see what happens. So, I'm done talking about kong, because I don't think Sage and I will ever perfectly agree on this one, and we should move on to other suspicious characters.

And now, I must go back and reread everything to see if I can't pick anything noteworthy out. I'll try posting again later tonight.

Neb

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 18:50

well kong blew it by stating he was town, so does every1 want to jump off kong now? active or not voting there is a waste and gives the axis more time.

with blurred vision from reading between the lines and reverse engineering this is my suspect list, tarim, tito, darkguy, ob. I'm sticking with my vote for tarim because he seems the most suspect to me out of the 4. As for explaining my reasoning, well I'm not going to because maybe this will stir something up.

I'm not even going to listen to sage's first thoughts as he said himself he's most often wrong. A little bird told me before this game started that it is best to get rid of sage first night as he is too dang good as a mafia and too unstable as a townie, so best thing for town to do is lose him right off. Well I can't go that way because I don't think he's mafia and for same reasons as I won't vote kong, it would be a wasted vote going for a suspected townie.

Another note, I will also be watching wasteland for the good guy routine, like coop last game he's smart and an all around nice guy which makes it harder to believe he could be mafia, but not on my suspicious list yet.

Corflu, hmm hard to read, easier to get a handle on him day 2. IF tarim goes day 1 and turns out mafia I should be safe the rest of the game and would rest any suspicions I have or have not on corflu. IF tarim goes first night and turns out I was wrong and is townie then I am surely going the 2nd night, then again mafia may cut my throat during the night. If so then corflu would be highly suspicious to the rest of the community.

Neb I know fairly well and is pretty easy to read I think, I doubt he is mafia and I doubt sage's paranoia.

mwmoss, well that seems a little too obvious if he was mafia being from italy, I'm just going with the odds on that 1 and hope to hell he isn't.

Bud, I don't know him but have no suspicions as yet. Can anybody else get a read on this guy?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 19:09

Hmm, just curious as to who suspects me and why...

Hoping for quick replies..cause another hour or two and i won't be on for about 18 hours or so...

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 19:25

why? worried you slipped up somewhere?

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 19:28

Zut Alors, you 'ave rilly got it in for moi, Renault. Ah no longer wonder why.

Ah sink you 'ave made one Freudian sleep, dear boy. You say:
"A little bird told me before this game started that it is best to get rid of sage first NIGHT as he is too dang good as a mafia and too unstable as a townie, so best thing for town to do is lose him right off."

It's only the mafia that kill at night, Renno.
Ah am now convinced zat it is you zat killed the Irishman or my name is not Hercules Poirot, ze famous Belgian detective..d'Oh!

N.B. The above line refers to 'in-thread' detective work, obviously, the joke being that Poirot is constantly accused of being French (to any of you unfamiliar with Agatha Christie's fictional character), and since being French is the one thing that I haven't yet been accused of I thought it'd be amusing to forget my own nationality too.

Finally, the worst thing in the world must be having to explain your own jokes but in the context of a game of mafia I thought it wise to clarify immediately.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 19:49

@tarim

:p

and i agree on that freudian slip.. until further notice i am voting renno

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 22:24

Sage suspects Neb and I must too. However I think it was pointed out earlier that Wasteland was a kong voter. I think we need to keep looking at the kong voters. Tarim was one of the last to vote kong. Which is a good sign that he wanted to get him lyched.

Now that kong is not mafia, people are backtracking fast. For Day 1 I still think we need to go with teh "Sage Plan". I bet that at least 2 of tarim, Neb, and Wastleand are mafia. (I give Tarim points for the accent, if only he was French instead of Canadian!)

Unless there is a greater movement for Neb or Wasteland I will keep my vote with tarim. Consider the altearnatives...the odds are greatest here. The detective needs to find out Sage day 1 though. Or else we are in trouble since he could be mafia. I am discounting that since we will know right off.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 22:38

lol @ freudian slip. lynching happens at the end of the day? which is night here for me, remember this is my first game. I think it funny you want to vote on me for that.

tarim and obi working together only further alerts my senses

have you guys thought what would happen the next day when it is revealed I'm all town? now where is that 3rd guy, c'mon reveal yourself!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 00:11

Definitely have my eye on Renno now. That "little bird" he talks of could be one of his mafia partners.

My instinct is still telling me Neb, but I have more evidence on Renno right now. I'm still withholding any vote...for now. I'll make a decision tomorrow, before the deadline.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 00:16

Ugh...too much posting and reading. I can't think too much about this for tonight. Here are some odd things.

Titonator - One post in 6 pages and 3 days (4?)...let's at least hear of this great plan. Or is this lurking?

Oblivion - You are totally off your game. I'm not sure I'm willing to take your explanation and let it go. Something's up in droolsville...

Renno - Slip...hmm...terrible slip to make indeed.

I see two links so far...Corflu and Renno, and Oblivion and tarim.

Part of me wants to release my vote on tarim and pick Oblivion for his change of play, and for jumping on Renno. However, if they vote together, what's the difference, right? Of course, I doubt 2 mafia are going to vote consecutively like that...Or, did Renno slip, and him and Corflu are up to something. If that were the case, I should not vote for tarim, rather Renno. However, if I vote Renno it looks like badwagoning, and nobody likes a bandwagoner.

So, I'm going on my own to try and cause a stir...Titonator...I must hear from him, and if voting him will get him to post, then I must vote him. Maybe we can get a few votes on him (not enough to lynch mind you...no more than 3 or the mafia can sieze the lynch), and see what he has to say.

Neb

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 00:18

The fact that we're working on a deadline, and you want to move a few votes to Titonator, is raising my eyebrow, Neb.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 00:18

Not that you're pressuring him...but do remember that at the deadline, the person with the most votes gets it.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 05:29

I'm still waiting for an explanation from Bud on his allegation against me...and at this point, Corflu/Renno also are on my radar. Those are my top three for the moment.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 06:15

I am a townie people. And you know it! Yet at the risk of being associated with Renno ( I have idea how you can before this) I will look at his statement that Sage questions.

"I'm not even going to listen to sage's first thoughts as he said himself he's most often wrong. A little bird told me before this game started that it is best to get rid of sage first night as he is too dang good as a mafia and too unstable as a townie, so best thing for town to do is lose him right off. Well I can't go that way because I don't think he's mafia and for same reasons as I won't vote kong, it would be a wasted vote going for a suspected townie.”

I think I know who the “bird” is and it is not a mafia in the game, Sage. I do not agree with the conclusion to kill you only if mafia, (though there is some truth to the statement to be honest!) Plus I do like your plan which will find you out as mafia day 1 if followed. However I do not see why you are not emphasizing what that plan is and with new players assume everyone knows it. That is suspicious to me since if it gets missed there is confusion which w9ould work perfect if you were mafia. Renno also states he would not vote kong (though everyone knows that now) and says he does not think Sage is mafia so wont vote for him. For a new guy those statements sound correct.

I grow suspicious of Sage some but again, right or wrong, withhold my opinion until the detective states the day 1 answer on him.

Tarim and Oblivion both have enough negatives that we can link them. Right or wrong I am on the tarim train and that would include him then. However oblivion did not vote for kong. And he usually votes early. But Neb still did. That Neb would release from tarim concerns me as Sage says. We do not have that much time.

What about Wasteland? Is that not an option? Sage/Neb/taim what do you think?

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 06:16

One other thing I do not get....why would anyone who is a townie vote "no lynch"? Doesn't that only help the mafia side?

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 06:37

We are all in final agreement over Sages plan whether suspicious of him or not, or at least I'm sure we've all posted as much, it's a logical and smart course to take.

I really don't know what benefit saying 'I'm a townie and you know it' will give you right now Corflu. I was pretty sure you were town even when you were pointing the finger at me but the stronger you've sided with Renno and convinced yourself of a link between myself and Oblivion the more I'm sure you're mafia too.
If Renno goes as mafia then you should definitely be next, if he is town then by all means investigate or lynch me as I'm the one who got suspicious first, the remaining players will see I was correct. I just think his reasoning is flawed and has been from the start.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - 09:53

Wasteland: "Neb's also quiet, and Oblivion. Everyone is rather quiet actually. Perhaps it's just the weekend thing and things will pick up more tomorrow."

Maybe it's just me but I found it odd that you name Oblivion and then less than an hour later he's anxious to end day one with a kong lynching. I’m not saying your mafia, but I do feel like Oblivion is and I chose mostly to vote Oblivion because of several actions he's taken and this comment “lastly, i propose that if you all think i have become more of an asset than the liability i was in previous games, to transfer sage's plan to me. I will gladly have the detective investigate me to prove my innocence”

If the town agrees to Sage’s plan then who but mafia would want the plan executed out on them so that his mafia could kill an unprotected sage??

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160156 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap