HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 05:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
AuthorTopic : WoL-mafia discussion thread
Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 10:49

in the above post - quatify should actually read: QUANTIFY.

thanks,

Jmac

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 12:59

That''s usual Sage fishing strategy ... he''ll stir the water and pick out the fish.

If he''s mafia ... watch out how you react.
If he''s town ... take a good look at the responses he gets.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 13:14

Now ... before the turn comes and we get ganged up ... how to begin?.

i''ll feel a lot safer once a baddie is out!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 16:29

Coopels is being a little quiet. Coopels, you''re just as smart as I am, share some of your wisdom.

The Minner
Joined 6/08/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 16:44

Neb, I''m sorry I did not know that we were not allowed to edit a post, I only changed 1 word in that post anyways but I''m sorry.

But anyway, coopels may not be saying a whole lot because he doesnt want to give away any clues that he is in fact on the Mafia side and is trying to kill me and the rest of the people on the town side? Is that a valid point? and am I playing this game right? lol.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 17:14

Minner, for all we know ... you and Coopels can be mafia ... for that matter in the eyes of others ... anyone is mafia.

play by feeling, don''t ask for encouragement every step ... since you can be misled by evil gangbangers into thinking your heading the right path, while your not.

So trust the force! (where I heard this phrase before?)

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 17:19

i''m sorry guys that i''ve been quiet. It''s been a really rough couple of days for me here. Hopefully i''ll be able to say something useful soon. Otherwise i''m just not thinking right lately to help us find the mafia guys.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 18:49

Neb, you should copy/paste the rules from one of the other mafia games...that''s why I PM''d you saying so. I figured we''d have post editing trouble.

Minner, you''re half right. Coopels'' lurking is NOT pro-town behavior. It is a tactic that the mafia can use to avoid lynch. However, it is also a tactic of someone who is not mafia, just poor town. Therefore, it is a point to hold against Coop...but for the minute, I believe that he''s just having a tough couple of days. He WILL need to start posting content, though...and we need to stay on his back about it and not let him get away with it.

The Minner
Joined 6/08/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 21:53

Yay I was "half-right" I''m doing something good to get rid of the mafias yay. I''m tryin to help guys I just really dont know how to play yet.

And to gueritol, could that comment possibly be from star wars? I''ve only seen 1 of the movies but dont they say somethin about having the force? lol.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Thursday, 23 August 2007 - 18:05

Wow - the last post here was made 19 hours ago - what does that mean? Is everybody on vacation?

(Jokingly: Should I suspect you ALL!?)

Jmac

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Thursday, 23 August 2007 - 23:52

Wow, your right Jmac. I logged in to see what had been going on really early this morning at work and expect alot more discussion tonight when I logged on to check before bed. I guess I will post an ''I am alive'' message every morning at work even if there is nothing happening!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 00:20

I''m kind of waiting for Coopels to contribute.

I''d also like to hear from FuFu.

Both of them need to speak up, but I''ll also post some good content tomorrow.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 11:31

I''m also looking at this and see no point in posting ... other than to make our mod happy that we''re here.

I need to hear more from all ...

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 12:31

Coopels
Gueritol
Sage
The Minner
Jmac
mwmoss
Fufu

This is the list Neb posted originally. I would like everyone to take the player below them on the list and answer the following questions about them:

(1. Name one thing that player has done that could be considered suspicious.

(2. If applicable, name one thing you know about this player OUTSIDE of this particular game that could be useful to know.

(3. Who has this player ALREADY made connections with? (For example: Jmac and I now have a connection, like it or not.) I don''t mean a mafia partner connection...just point out any serious interactions...or intentional lack of interaction.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 12:38

The Minner:::

(1. The Minner is REALLY playing up his inexperience at the game. This is bad for the town because if he IS town, he''s letting the mafia know he''s able to be manipulated and should be kept alive, leaving them free to kill someone else. If he''s mafia, it''s also bad, because I think we''re all inclined to believe that his "mistakes" are simple new player errors. I find myself trusting him for little reason other than that he''s new...and that''s not logical.

(2. I don''t know if he actually IS new to the game or not...I don''t know anything about him.

(3. He called me and Coopels out on suspicious activity...that''s good. Other than that I don''t think he''s made any serious interactions with anyone.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 13:12

Well, my suspicions are not particularly logic-based either, but then, the amount of information to gather has been smallish from the beginning.

If I were to list those I feel suspicious towards, it would include all of you, for various reasons.

Coopels: You have perhaps been very busy and needing to attend personal business, but otherwise have not indicated ANYTHING of value, but that alone you are suspicious.

Sage: You are the primary accuser along with The minner - and that feels weird to me - therefore suspicious. You seem quickest to evaluate, and therefore suspicious. (No real logic pattern formed concerning this, however).

The Minner: Same as Sage - both because of your throwing suspicions around and because with this interplay between you and sage. I have to agree that if Sage IS town, his pointing out your flaws DOES make you look suspicious, but then, it also makes sage look a bit suspicious. (No real logic pattern formed).

Fufu, Gueritol and mwmoss - all suspicious for lack of content. (No real logic pattern formed).

Heck - if I were to re-read this - I would look suspicious, simply for calling all of YOU suspicious. (No real logic pattern formed).

I am TRYING though - and hoping that some of you will give me something to "get a handle on". Beyond doing that - we may just have to vote ANYONE to remove a single element.

Jmacattack

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 13:16

***BIG SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY - JMACATTACK***

"We may have to vote ANYONE to remove a single element"

That is EXACTLY the same way this game has been played in the past and it has NEVER, EVER worked. We only have one wrong lynch to work with and you are suggesting we throw that away!

You keep reminding us that you aren''t using logic. Please do. There is no reason we can''t wait around and find a mafia.

As for me being the primary accuser...that''s fine. Its a role I chose to take because we don''t have many, smaller accusers. The game progresses through accusations and defenses. Since so many of our players refuse to do that, more of the burden falls on a few of us.

You complain that you haven''t gotten a handle on anyone and need more content, but you call me out for trying to provide content.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 14:28

You are precise in your rebuttal, Sage - I AM calling you out for activity and calling others out for lack thereof. YOU, sir, look suspicious for simply asking for an answer and then attacking the first one.

My logic DOES tell me that the only palpable information is yours and The minner''s - that is simple.

As for the "no glory" vote - tell me - do we go on indefinately without people communicating? I will, but someone else would surely advocate a vote if it were to remain as it is.

Perhaps the thing to do is to shut up and let you and The minner be the only two vocals, but I realize that this game is NOT a game without activity, and therefore am playing it as best as I can.

Sage, here IS what logic I do have on the subject:

As I am a Noble, it stands to reason that while you may also be, you are possibly a double-attacker/mafia - and if you are - you certainly KNOW that I am NOT, and therefore would find a way to draw attention to me. As you aptly pointed out, Neb indicted himself by focusing on one player - and I could indict myself by simply having interplay with you - wouldn''t THAT be just rediculous.

That is all I''ve got for now.

Jmac

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 14:34

I like your approach Sage. So I''ll tag along.

The player below me is Sage.

(1. Name one thing that player has done that could be considered suspicious.

Until now is hard to say suspicious or not ... nothing has really transpired, and the lynching one innocent townie is the same as the game lost for town-folk.

(2. If applicable, name one thing you know about this player OUTSIDE of this particular game that could be useful to know.

Come on ... this is easy ... Sage loves manipulating.
Do I to spell out the M E D I C passage

(3. Who has this player ALREADY made connections with? (For example: Jmac and I now have a connection, like it or not.) I don''''t mean a mafia partner connection...just point out any serious interactions...or intentional lack of interaction.

Not a lot ... but Sage is a player that must be watched.

Side note ... Jmac''s trigger happy feeling is making me worried. I''ll spell it out directly ... so that it is clear what I think: Townies don''t think like that, townies should not act on impulse.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Friday, 24 August 2007 - 14:43

Gueritol,

Thank you for voicing in. I see where this is going - I voice an opinion, and am targeted as trigger happy. You and/or Sage voice an opinion, and you are mutually commendable. Hmmmm.

For a moment - let''s examine my opinons vs. yours and Sages:

1st, my opinions are reactions to other people''s activity/posts. So are yours and Sage''s - there is therefore no real difference.

2nd, my opinions are based on as much or as little as yours and Sage''s - once again no real difference there.

Finally - I am not trigger happy - I am suspcious of a lack of communicating in a game that advocates doing so. But, if you are following my posts and not purposely trying to minimalize any part of them - you will note that I was VERY clear to point out that the LACK of posting also makes my suspicions fall into the realm of NOT logic-based.

I am not calling out any one person for lynching, Gueritol.

The closest I have come to doing so is to point out what of Sage''s activity as it relates to my own is making me feel in terms of "logic-based suspicion".

Jmac

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap