HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 01:40  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
AuthorTopic : WoL-mafia discussion thread
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 13:28

Here are the players

Coopels
Gueritol
Sage
The Minner
Jmac
mwmoss
Fufu

Use this thread to discuss recent events and force the double-teamers into the open.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 14:16

Way to make the role messages clear, Neb.

I hope everyone learned something from the last game. We have to take things slow and look at evidence for everything. I''d just like to suggest a couple of things for all townies (Noble players) to think about.

(1. Think about your current situation. You DON''T know who the mafia is! Neither do your team mates. Just as you yourself are prone to make mistakes, so are your fellow townies. If someone accuses you, it does NOT make them mafia! They could be, but it''s just as likely that they''re simply making a mistake. Even if they go after you aggressively, as long as they make a good case, it is not mafia-ish.

(2. If someone presents a case against you, RESPOND to it. I myself make a habit of presenting my cases in bullet-points. If I make (1. (2. (3. points against you, or if anyone else does (you all should!), respond in kind to all points. I will consider anyone avoiding a question to have something to hide. If you are town, the BEST THING YOU CAN DO to help us win is to not dodge any question. The innocent have nothing to hide. Dodging a question is grounds for me to vote you, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

(3. In an expansion of point number 2, answering questions does NOT make you "defensive" in a mafia-like manner. Being "defensive" is in itself a poor reason to lynch someone...and the correct way to look at being "defensive" is someone who gets anxious at being close to lynch and uses desperate, logic-devoid ploys.

(4. Logic, logic, logic!!! That''s the only way we''re going to win this game. I congratulate Jmac and moss from last game who did an EXCELLENT job of not allowing any logic to permeate the discussion. The mafia will likely attempt to do this again. By merely repeating themselves, loudly and fiercely, they were able to kill any momentum in directions they didn''t want. We as a town must shun anybody who tries to do the same.

These are my biggest four suggestions. One of the biggest reasons the town has failed in the past isn''t because nobody tried to use logic and reasoning...it''s because when they did, other townies were acting a LOT like mafia. Example: sugarleo in the last game, had I not been mod, would have been my first choice for lynch for the single-minded, doubt free way he went at Neb. If all of our townies act like townies, it''ll be easier for us to find the mafia. If our townies act like mafia, we''re lost.

The experienced players already know this, to some extent. To those of you who are new, please take my advice to heart, because in so small a game, it''s entirely possible that you, yourself, could be the reason the town loses. So be careful.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 15:36

Finger of Suspicion: Jmacattack.

For making his vote thread post, but not posting here. Not even to say hi!

I don''t want to drive this thing...nobody really benefits from that. We need everyone talking. Laying low doesn''t help anything, jmac!

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 15:39

Sage,

Thank you for making these points clear for the townies.
Communicating clear questions and answers, focusing on logic, and not evaluating one as Mafia based on some offensive or defensive response.

Bravo. Let the games begin.

I look forward to exemplifying noble character. My desire is that my fellow nobles would wish the same for themselves, and that of others.

Jmacattack

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 15:43

Oh sage, please refrain from the snap decisions. I simply read the story thread, made my vote, and THEN created my response - in that order. I would be more than happy to reverse that order for future reference, if that would be more accomodating to everyone. If you note the time between the vote and the post of my above, first message, you will see they happened within minutes of one another, and that I was in fact writing my message here when Sage leveled the accusation.

Thanks, sage, for bringing the game to a start, I appreciate the interest in trying to find the double-teamers.

Jmacattack

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 17:44

I actually saw right after I posted that, that you had just posted your vote and were "idling" in the who''s online list. I thought "maybe he''s writing something up right now!"

But I didn''t want to triple post. Sorry.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 18:40

Oh ****, I put my vote thread up before posting here! Maybe Jmac and I got lucky again!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 20:03

Neb wouldn''t have been able to keep his giggling out of the narration if that had been the case.

The Minner
Joined 6/08/2007

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 21:28

Hey guys, good luck to everybody, maybe we can get rid of all of the mafia people before they kill all of us.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 21:41

I guess i''ll just say hi for the moment too since there isn''t much to discuss at this time and i''m to exhausted to start thinking now.

Fufumonakyla
Joined 27/06/2006

Posted : Sunday, 19 August 2007 - 22:48

Well i have nothing better to say yet so for the moment i will just say hello to all of you.

*raises glass* May we have fortune in our search for the Double teamers!

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 00:45

Here, here! To we nobles, and the opportunity to clean up this game!

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 01:58

*raises his glass and clinks fufu''s*

May this beloved game return back to it''s lovely beginnigs of honour and friendship.

Down with whinners, teamers, gangers and all that corruption.

Hang on tight, it is a tough job, but we must do it.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 12:25

Well ... I have no real idea how to begin flushing out the baddies, so I''m all ears.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 12:48

Hi gueritol,

Well, I think I will start by asking some questions, and hopefully we will be able to collectively determine things based on their responses.

Their are only 2 peculiar issues as they relate to me:

1st, Sage was VERY quick to cast suspicion in my direction when I voted PRIOR to posting here.
So - to Sage: Why are you being quick to point the finger? Would fellow nobles really start it very quickly by just looking for the VERY FIRST thing to hit their radar, and then apply suspicion to that? Please clarify your position on why you so quickly threw my name in the mix.

2nd, mwmoss has associated himself with me. Moss, is this an inadvertant statement, or are you trying to place yourself along side of me as a noble when you might in fact be a double-attacker? It just seemed odd, therefore I was curious.

Thanks to both of you for answering these questions.

Jmac

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 13:02

Sage,

I realize that my questions to you and MW might qualify as me doing the very thing that I am asking you about (discussing the first thing to hit MY radar), however, I am trying to do so without casting suspicion.

To clarify to all: I am NOT suspecting Sage or mwmoss at this point - I am only asking questions.

Thanks,

Jmac

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 14:43

Not a problem Jmac. Just having a bit of fun is all. There really isn''t much to say this early. Until people start really talking and casting votes there just isn''t that much to go on.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 15:23

To throw a few cents of my own thoughts in before Sage responds i know that whenever he plays he always makes an early attempt to get the game moving. I''m just stating an observation here saying that even though Jmac was questioned quickly, it probably meant nothing in the scheme of things between Sage or Jmac. Speed is the mafia''s best tool in these games. The slower we go, the better it''ll be for us int he long run. ( we all probably know that, but i thought i''d say it again )

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 16:23

"So - to Sage: Why are you being quick to point the finger? Would fellow nobles really start it very quickly by just looking for the VERY FIRST thing to hit their radar, and then apply suspicion to that? Please clarify your position on why you so quickly threw my name in the mix."

To be honest, I didn''t take what I perceived to be your lurking as any reason to really believe you were scum. More than anything, I wanted to make a point: that we all need to post, post, and post some more! I had to make it sound serious or it would have just been another fluff post.

I do think that a good townie would point out the VERY FIRST thing to hit their radar. It''s our jobs to point out EVERYTHING that hits our radar...to do otherwise means possibly letting a mafia slip by.

So far, I''m having a good feeling about you, Jmac. I''m seeing a definite difference in your posting style from last game, which means you either have good intentions or have just stepped up your game. Either way, bravo

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 18:20

Why thank you Sage. I always appreciate a compliment, no matter how poorly deserved or not.

As to your last - I must honestly giggle. Sorry - I certainly mean no offense concerning your perception of my last game, and I by no means was perfect in my methodology. I will state, however, that my style, clarity and choice of wording was deliberate in the last game, as it is now.

Once again, this does not mean that I was always effective in gaining the results I was seeking, but I will say that my game was, in fact, stepped up (even if that meant being perceived as being off my game).

Jmac

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.153809 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap