HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 21:31  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
AuthorTopic : WoL-mafia discussion thread
mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 09:43

Well, assuming everyone is telling the truth, we have the game won now. We simply pick one person to lynch, Sage, Jmac, or Fufu. In the night, Coopels protects Geritol while Geritol investigates the one of the last two. If right, we lynch that person. If clear, we lynch the other.

The one problem with all this is the chance that Geritol or Coopels is actually a double-teamer falsely claiming. I think it much more likely the Geritol might be falsely claiming than Coopels, but not enough to act on it.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 12:18

Wow...this is nice. If anyone else had claimed detective, I would have had to doubt it. But since we know gueritol is confirmed townie...

That means that at LEAST one of them is telling the truth, quite possibly both. Probably both.

If we had to pick one person to lynch today, I would suggest Jmac. I''ve had an odd feeling about him all day, and I found it odd that he was so upset about the roleclaiming that''s happened when the roleclaiming has helped the town so much.

But, like moss said, it doesn''t really matter much who gets lynched. Lynch me if you like.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 12:56

Sage, you are obviously the mafia, because I am clearly townie. Lynch me tonight, men, for the town''s sake, but investigate Sage as you have proposed, and you will see that he is Mafia. I will have done two things:

Helped save the town by my willing sacrifice,

AND

I will have determined the second mafia.

In my view, that makes me a winner (And my ego, if even on behalf of the team) is fed.

Jmac

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 13:04

Careful though, because a night kill by sage on either fufu or mwmoss takes the townies down to two.

Here is where faith comes in:

Trust Sage and freely lynch me, and you will have killed a townie, thus bringing the numbers down to 2 townies vs. 1 mafia. (mw and fufu townies, sage the mafia, in my opinion - go back and read pages 1 - 7 and decide for yourself)

Now, you must protect the detective in order for him to investigate either Sage, Myself or Fufu.

The mafia would go for a night kill - that would be either mw or fufu. (since the doctor is protecting the detective)

Then you are down to 1 townine and 1 mafia (my lynching and a night kill)

Draw - NOT win.

Whatever you do - feel free to either lynch me or Fufu. Whoever is undetermined and the least helpful in the game - in my opinion.

Jmac

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 13:20

Even if we mislynch and get a townie and the last mafia guy kills a townie making it 1 townie and 1 mafia that is no draw. Gueritol and I would still be around to help make another vote. A vote that by then i''d hope we''d be able to figure everything out. Plus it would be likely that gueritol as detective would have the right information.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 14:55

What Coopels said.

It doesn''t matter who we lynch...we''ve basically won (unless it''s Coopels mafia, a ploy that is now even LESS likely than before). So your sudden insistence that I am "obviously" mafia looks a little odd. It doesn''t matter who we lynch...but you''re fighting hard that it not be you.

I already said that if it makes you guys happy, then go ahead and lynch me. But keep in mind that when I make posts detailing our remaining numbers, and listing possible scenarios, I''M always accurate, at least. Jmac screws things up and confuses us.

It might be worth keeping me around just in case something weird happens and we need another good, analytical eye. I can''t think of anything that could happen to jeopardize our win, though.

I''m going to vote Jmac in hopes of getting both mafia by Day 2. He may have been innocently wrong, or he could have been trying to sow confusion. Either way, since it doesn''t matter, I don''t feel guilty.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 15:10

I''m a little sad, though, that this turned out to be so easy. We were finally starting to play really well as a town, and in the endgame we just got lucky. I was looking forward to the thrill of the chase on the second mafia...

But I suppose that''s what future games are for...if we have any.

Fufumonakyla
Joined 27/06/2006

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 15:55

Well, this is quite interesting. Both Jmac and Sage seem extremely suspicious at this point. But i must say that Jmac seems a tad more suspicious to me, and Sage makes a convincing argument.

Im gonna go with what i believe to be the better choice and Vote Jmac, and i hope im not wrong.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 16:02

Unfortunately i do agree with them both. Jmac, you''ve been playing rather suspiciously after that first day and night were finished. Your posts do little except sow confusion as far as i can tell and now with conviction you point at Sage. There are few times in mafia games were you can be absolutely certain that someone is mafia and so far nothing in this game has come out to point directly at Sage. I''m going to vote for you too based on that and let''s see if we can''t get both mafia without losing a townie.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 17:27

mwmoss ... how would I know for a fact that your a townie??? ... I can bet my game-stay on that.

Unless you think Neb lied to me .

My gut instict tells me otherwise ... but if coopels is not mafia ... this is anyhow won ... I''ll go after jmac ... and tonight (if I don''t die) will investigate fufu.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 17:39

Now that I come and readback ...

Jmac wrote: The mafia would go for a night kill - that would be either mw or fufu. (since the doctor is protecting the detective)

Why wouldn''t it go for you Jmac ... if you''re town?

Suicide is not part of this game?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 8 September 2007 - 17:56

Lynch! Jmac has been lynched. Story coming shortly.

Unfortunately, for the nobles, I do need night moves. Please send them in ASAP.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Sunday, 9 September 2007 - 23:17

Night is over! Resume discussion...

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 9 September 2007 - 23:47

I would like to hear an explanation from Coopels as to why he failed to protect gueritol. Right now.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 9 September 2007 - 23:54

Actually, let me see if I can guess.

I''m sure you''re the doctor now...if you were mafia, you wouldn''t have killed gueritol...the game would have been wrapped up for you.

Coopels, you protected yourself last night, didn''t you? You thought that the mafia would think gueritol was SURELY protected, and so they wouldn''t attack him...they would attack you.

I''m disappointed and frustrated. You should have thought about it more. You knew going into night that the mafia was either me or Fufu. Regardless of whether the last mafia was me or Fufu, both hypotheticals were in the exact same situation. If I was mafia, gueritol would report an innocent on Fufu and I would be lynched. If Fufu was mafia, gueritol would report a guilty, and Fufu would be lynched. For either hypothetical mafia, the ONLY way victory could be assured would be to kill Gueritol.

So, even though Fufu probably thought it was likely you would have gueritol protected, he had to try. You were trying to be clever, but in the end you just turned a sure thing for us into a coin flip. It wouldn''t have mattered if you had died last night. It matters that gueritol did.

*graggggggggghhhrrrrhhhh*

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Monday, 10 September 2007 - 05:28

Actually Sage you are rather close except for one detail... I saved you instead of gueritol. I did think the mafia person would be thinking to kill me or mwmoss instead of gueritol so as to not waste their night kill. With that in mind i thought about the risks and all the factors and decided it was worth the risk to not save gueritol and make the game more interesting.

The reason i saved sage is kinda dumb, but basically i did it just so i could read all his suspicions and theories even if he were mafia. One of the best things in mafia is to get a laugh from a good Sage post. Since i didn''t want to save gueritol since that would have effectively won the game for us so quickly without much effort, i decided to save the most amusing person... Sage. I know that probably doesn''t make much sense, but in my own thoughts it does.

Now to examine the night. To start i don''t think Sage would have gone after gueritol at all, but instead would have bumped off mwmoss. He''s literally a confirmed townie due to the knowledge of who geuritol was in the end and what gueritol reported the previous day. Mwmoss wouldn''t provide much cover for mafia trying to hid or pass suspicion onto. His death wouldn''t have raised much question towards anyone specific and his vote would be gone too. (I''ll explain more later as to why i think Sage would kill mwmoss)

Why am i not dead? That''s simple. I still have some suspicion that can be cast upon me. There is no evidence other than my word that i saved gueritol in the first place. I did save him, but there is still doubt in people''s minds... doubt that can be used. Leaving me alive makes sense simply because i''m not free of doubt

Now in my thinking if Sage were mafia i''m pretty sure mwmoss would have died because i''m not so sure Sage would have tried to out-guess me over whether or not i''d save gueritol. I gave no indication that i was thinking about not saving him and it would have been obvious that i should have. This is the main reason that i don''t suspect Sage or at least i don''t suspect him over fufu.

A more secondary reason is that the night took a long time indicating that the mafia person wasn''t all that active. I saw Sage online multiple times during that period so i know a night kill would have come quicker than that from him. Along with that i saw gueritol online too so it wasn''t his action that held the game up slightly. As for me i did my save within a few hours of the start of night. That really only leaves one clue to the mafia and that would be fufu speculative of a clue as that might be.

Finally there is what Sage already talked about. Gueritol had already publicly said he planned on investigating fufu. That could only mean one thing for fufu since an investigation towards him would certainly find out what he was. His only hope (assuming he is mafia) was for gueritol to die and not reveal his investigation of that night. That''s why he would have gone for gueritol no matter if he thought i would save him or not. Simple as that.

The same situation doesn''t quite apply to Sage since Sage could have still used me as a suspicious character. It would be simple to say i made up the whole doctor ploy and the night one antics. (This would assume fufu came up innocent from gueritol and mwmoss is gone) At that point it would just be a matter of getting gueritol and fufu to believe i was guilty and then lynching me. Once that is done he''d have won the game with the night kill of the last townie and he''d be left with only the detective. No townies means the mafia would win. Rather simple, but he wouldn''t have kill gueritol in the night because he''d need his vote.

Still reading? Sorry guys. Anyway, i''m voting for fufu because in my mind i can see no other real arguement that points to mafia on anyone other than him. Unless i hear something compelling from him or anyone

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 10 September 2007 - 09:07

I dont care if we lose the game or not. I am voting for Coopels.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 10 September 2007 - 10:55

That''s stupid, Moss. Vote Fufu.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Monday, 10 September 2007 - 12:54

It''s wierd... that''s the exact same attitude i had when i did all that mwmoss. The town hardly deserves to win after the prefermance we showed. I bet i made everyone mad by doing what i did, but in all reality i just made the end less sure. To wrap up the game so simply would only have contributed to how poor this game was.

I think perhaps wol mafia can only really be played by big groups and not by seven people only. It doesn''t seem to work with only seven... at least not very well.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Monday, 10 September 2007 - 14:31

It is not stupid Sage. Either Coopels is falsely claiming to be the Req in disguise, or he just decided to hand the game away for no good reason. I don''t care which. We did everything right. We found a mafia turn 1 through discussion and diligence. Might not have been as exciting as Coopels would have liked, but we did it. We finally had a game we could hold up as an example of the town doing it right. We had people reveal thier identities correctly. About the only thing we really did poorly was lynch Jmac. There was no evidence against him. Eveyone just jumped on that bandwagon.

Then for Coopels to basically say he''s bored and screw the rest of you, well, I am not going to play his little game. I am going to call his bluff. I will not be posting any more. My vote is in. You three can hash it out however you want. Either Coopels just decided to throw away the game or he is a double-teamer. I sincerly hope it is the later because I really do not like thinking poorly of anyone. Especially if Coopels wants to play any more games.

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.101563 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap