HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 03:17  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
AuthorTopic : WoL-mafia discussion thread
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 20 August 2007 - 18:38

Ok, then since you''re so good at this game, I guess I''m LESS sure of your good intentions, now.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 01:13

LOL - you''ll crack me up with that teeter totering, Sage, but it won''t actually help us figure out who the double-attackers are. Sooooo, unless you are trying to manipulate something, we should probably wait and see what real substative discussion takes place amongst the quieter folk.

Please don''t mistake my humble decrying of your critical analysis as me calling myself an expert. I was just pointing out that proper play of Mafia takes many forms, and as you aptly described it - I have a different demeanor for a reason here - and that is primarily to keep confusion from taking place amongst the nobles. Please join me in this cause so that I might be assured of your position as well.

Thank you!

Jmacattack D~S

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 11:30

This is the part where other people comment on the exchange between me and Jmac.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 11:48

yeah - we would HOPE so, anyways.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 12:04

Well, my comment would be Jmac''s postings ARE quite different from last game. Not really sure if that means anything other than this is a different game. What do you all think?

I will keep posting. Not much of substance to say right now, except I am watching you all!

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 12:26

*looks intently at mwmoss comment*

Well there is not a lot to say.

Sage has not said I''m townie, Jmac has, mwmoss hasn''t, not even when Jmacattack said he recented the association and that he was a townie. Now that is not normal in this game

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 12:40

Hi Gueritol,

Here is what I said in the original question to mw (This is a copy/paste so is word for word:

Quote: 2nd, mwmoss has associated himself with me. Moss, is this an inadvertant statement, or are you trying to place yourself along side of me as a noble when you might in fact be a double-attacker? It just seemed odd, therefore I was curious. :End Quote.

To clarify from gueritol''s last statement: I do not resent mw associating himself with me - I only questioned why mw was making a point of it.

And yes, I am a Noble.

Jmac

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 12:55

Again jmacattack. HE is the one that didn''t reply to your comment ... ... that what I find strange

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 13:22

I know Gueritol - I am only making sure that there are no mis-communications. Having them could make for a confused game, and we need clarity.

Thanks for your own clarity - it is VERY helpful.

Jmacattack

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 13:54

Bull****. I most certainly did reply to Jmac''s question. I also most certainly did not associate myself with Jmac. For those who were not in the last game, any association between myself and Jmac was in reference to last game.

Personally, I see no reason to go around shouting ''I am a Noble.'' Just like I poked a bit of fun at Sage for questioning Jmac when he put up his vote thread before posting here (as I did!), I will now poke a bit of fun at you by appologizing for forgetting to post a pro-forma ''I am a Noble'' response.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 14:33

Swearing gives the indication you''ve lost your temper, moss. While losing your temper is an entirely human response, it does subconsciously make people consider you more likely to be mafia (the "you''re desperate, you must be scum" theory). Keep yourself collected to minimize the chance of a lynch based on gut feeling.

"Gut feeling" lynches usually come when lots of people are picking up on scum tells in the way a person talks and handles himself. Unfortunately, townies here have a long history of setting off those same red flags. So I''m going to make it my personal mission this game to call out ANYONE who I think is talking scummy...but I won''t vote them for it. Only actions will earn my vote...not particulars of phrasing. If we can all work together to stop anyone from getting a gut feeling, I really think this can be cake.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 14:45

This Neb!!! ... he forgot to assign mafia''s ...

Fufumonakyla
Joined 27/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 15:16

I was reading over the first page again to see if i previously missed anything suspicious, and i happened to notice something. Coopels says that we dont want things moving to fast because that s the Mafia''s best tool. Then Sage comes in and says that we do infact need things going quickly. and both of these were in response to somethign that Jmac said(i think it was Jmac anyway)

Might this mean something or is it mere coincidence?

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 16:46

Well Sage, I do not consider the word ''Bull****'' to be swearing nor any indication of a lost temper. I think that word has great connotative value indicating my derision of, scorn for, and rejection of Geritol''s assertion. That one word sums it up quite succinctly and nicely in my opinion.

I can pretty much use it to sum up parts of your post as well. For you to imply that I have handled myself in anything but a straightforward, truthful, and fun manner is ridiculous. That is ok though as I believe people weighing in on your comments will help us discern the bad guys. I currently have no strong suspicions of or real evidence against anyone as yet.

The Minner
Joined 6/08/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 17:37

Ok, I''m fairly new to the mafia game but I think that Sage has been fairly quick to jump on people for a couple of things so far. I dont have a clue what would provoke him to do this as I''ve never played mafia before but maybe some of the other players that have experience may see something wrong or good with this?

Also sage and Jmac''s going back and forth may be an attempt to try to get people to look in different directions and not at them? But like I said I really dont know a lot about mafia as I have never played the game before and this might be how you''re supposed to do it? I''m not quite sure but hopefully me and the rest of the nobles will be able to get rid of all of the people trying to kill us before they do.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 17:38

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 21 August 2007 - 21:19

To FuFu:

Coopels is right, in that the GAME moving quickly benefits the mafia...that means that if we lynch quickly, without much though, the mafia is most likely to benefit.

For our CONVERSATION to move quickly is HUGELY beneficial to the town! I have not even suggested considering to lynch anyone...I have just tried to spur conversation. The faster and heavier the conversation, the more clues we have! I want the conversation to thrive and for us NOT to lynch, possibly for the next week or more. If we all just talked for a week, that would be ideal. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just impatient or mafia.

To Moss:

I wasn''t suggesting anything. I myself know to resist the urge to judge people on gut feeling. I was warning you because OTHER people in this town may not know to do that, or may not be able to, and it''s best not to give them ANYTHING that would suggest you''re mafia...if you''re not.

To Minner:

Since you''re new to mafia, it''s easy to see why you''re confused. There''s a distinct difference between jumping on someone and wanting them dead (which I have not done) and jumping on someone for the sake of getting responses and provoking conversation. I hope the experienced players will back me up on this...if it weren''t for me, everyone would be sitting around, making fluff posts, and the mafia could just fade in to the background. If we keep talking like this, they''ll slip up eventually.

Also, it would be a horrible strategy for a theoretical Jmac-Sage partnership to "distract" from ourselves by throwing the spotlight right at us.

Bravo to everyone who has been tough on me, keep it up. I don''t mind at all.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 02:29

I can''t believe i missed Necromancer and this one... rrr.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 08:44

MOD NOTE!

The Minner....Do NOT ever edit any of your posts! Even if it is for a spelling change! I don''t think you changed anything substantive, as I''ve been reading each post fairly quickly, but do NOT edit! I''ve mod-killed people for less in this game...

Neborator

PS - Oblivion, please stay out of our game thread, thank you.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 09:19

Mod kill Oblivion!

Minner - What you suggest is certainly possible. It is not ''horrible'' strategy as Sage puts it, but it is probably not wise to do something like that this early. If Sage is a Double-Teamer, I would expect him and whoever his buddy might be to do something like that on Day 2. The key thing to look at is actual votes. Sage has been talking and trying to get others to talk. Until people actually start to cast votes, that is all it really is, just talk.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 22 August 2007 - 10:48

To those who might be feeling a bit confused or not knowing where to go in this, I just want to share with you a few tips:

1st, don''t quatify people for their replies with one another - instead, watch each individual''s pattern of statements and responses. DO measure the context of each.

2nd, Don''t start by trying to evaluate more than one player at a time - when you do NOT know who is in each role, you have a higher degree of uncertainty when you start trying to evaluate two - and if you further compond this problem by measuring two unknowns as a group (either corresponding or opposing) you will only confuse your logic pattern. Refer back to rule 1.

3rd, do not consider anybody as either expert or novice based on the type of responses they give - they could be an expert mafia player who is playing coy, or they could be a novice player who is playing expertly. Refer back to rule 1.

Jmacattack

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.157227 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap