HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 23:07  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10        
AuthorTopic : Necromancer Mafia Game Thread
Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Sunday, 12 August 2007 - 17:38

that''s 4 for Neb..

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 12 August 2007 - 18:33

DAY IS ENDED.

STORY FORTHCOMING.

NIGHT CHOICES DUE. FEEL FREE TO WAIT UNTIL NEB''S IDENTITY HAS BEEN REVEALED.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 13 August 2007 - 22:45

GAME OVER!

Read the story thread to see who wins.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 13 August 2007 - 22:50

Also, you guys should take this time to reflect.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 13 August 2007 - 23:23

Meh. I had Jmac pinned. Sugar was acting so vampire-like, I thought he was one too. Then Bud''s killing vote made me think it was him. Even had sugar made a save, Bud or Sugar would have been an easy lynch for moss and Jmac to convince fufu.

I have to admit, that had I not been out of town on Saturday, I would have fought to get Sugar lynched, due to his non-stop ''kill Neb'' rhetoric.

Poorly played by all vamps, I think.

Thanks to Sage for hosting the game, and writing the story.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 08:16

It was well played I thought. It was very tough finding a way to twist your words Neb. We didn''t neccessarily want to lynch you, but we definitely wanted to make you less effective by casting enough doubt. Fufu and Sugarleo will be be very dangerous in future games now that they have had a taste of Mafia!

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 08:51

Yep...I was dead wrong about Neb...dang it! My instincts were wrong and mw reinforced my doubts, using me to lead the charge on Neb.

I also made the wrong choice for the night save...I knew mw was a lich after the news that Neb was a vamp...just wasn''t quite sure who the other was, Jmac or Bud...

I got lucky on my first night and saved Fufu...but just made the wrong choice on the second. Sorry, Bud. Next time....

And kudos to Sage...excellent writing!

Last Edited : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 08:53

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 12:53

Wow,
Kudos to moss - good job manipulating, my fellow liche.

Stinky vampires - good job trying...

Jmac

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 15:40

I was so happy with how Neb played...if everyone played like he did this game, the town would have won. Good job, Neb!

Good job, mafia, for taking advantage of everyone else and not letting Neb be effective. It was painful to watch, since you basically shut them down completely.

Sugar...man, HOW did you get so entirely convinced? The first rule of mafia is that you never, ever, ever know anything for sure. Even if a detective comes out and says someone is mafia, you don''t even know for sure if the DETECTIVE is really the detective!

I wonder when the next mafia game will be.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 16:40

I''d go another one.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 17:02

yeah, Sage really did a good job. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing reading Day 2. I could just hear Neb shouting that there was no evidence and then sugar in a very calm, almost deadpan voice pointing out neb was shouting.

Jmac and I were lucky that Sugar did not protect Bud. We knew either Sugar or Bud was the Minister since Fufu was protected night 1. We knew if we could guess who the Minister was he couldn''t protect himself so the game was over. But then if we guessed wrong and our target wasn''t Fufu, the Minister would know exactly who the liches were.

We picked Bud thinking that his questions about WWTHMD (What Would The Minister Do) were him trying to smoke us out because he was the real minister.

Anyway, I would definitely play another.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - 17:14

and I almost....almost chose to protect Bud that second night....
And to Sage...well, it was my first time ever playing...and I thought I was 99% sure Neb was a lich, but just before Bud threw the 4th vote on, I was starting to realize that instead of Neb, I shoulda been looking at mw...but it was too late.

I think if I get the chance to play again, I''ll take more thought and need more convincing before being almost...99%...positive.... that I''m wrong.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 15 August 2007 - 13:24

Yeah, I''m ready to roll again in another game of Mafia. Sorry to the poor whittle Vampires for being entirely confusing.... I agree with Sage that it was painful to watch the townies all bounce around like ping-pong balls off of every suggestion and remark.

I vote Mw and myself for Mafia nutbags extraordinare.

I vote Sage for Mafia Host Champ. of the century.

I vote... (okay, I''m done voting..)

Jmacattack D~S

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 15 August 2007 - 14:16

I found it tough to pull back and analyze the big picture, since I was the one doing all the questioning. Jmac, I had you pegged off of your first response to my questioning. You waaaaaaaaaay overreacted. A very telling sign. Looking back, I was right in thinking mwmoss was mafia, given his reaction to my questions also. Where I got lost was in continuing on in my questions. I should have stuck on Jmac and moss when they blew up at me...my bad.

What I didn''t get was why Bud put the 4th vote on me? That would mean he either thought a mafia was already voting for a mafia(me), or that Fufu was mafia...neither of which made sense, yet he put that 4th vote on me? Ugh!

Anyway, we should move on...

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 15 August 2007 - 14:50

Good job, Neb - sticking to your guns even after the game in saying that you were right even in making wrong choices. Excellent consistency in describing your inconsistencies.

Jmacattack D~S

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 15 August 2007 - 15:06

I did my best, and considering that I was playing against an `expert` in this game, how could I ever have hoped to win?

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Thursday, 16 August 2007 - 01:00

See now, Neb - sarcasm is an effective tool, but not as fun a tool to use unless the target is just befuddled by it. Or perhaps simply put on the defensive.

(Possible reply: Some sort of affirmation that THIS reply is actually Jmac somehow showing that he is on the defensive.)

You played well, Neb. I was just hoping that you wouldn''t somehow thinly veil your own sense of having played well in a curtain of humbleness. Come right out and arrogantly say it, Neb You were on the mark - you knew who everyone was, and it was just everyone else that threw you off track.

I, on the other hand, was out of my sorts, was trying too hard, and really didn''t know what to do.

Right, Neb?

I like you, Neb. But I don''t quite like you as much as YOU like you. Thankfully.

Jmacattack D~S

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10        
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap