HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 19:49  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   >>
AuthorTopic : Necromancer Mafia Game Thread
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 14:43

Rules

1. Votes should be placed in the vote thread in the following format

Vote 1: Sage

If you change your vote, simply edit the post like so:

Vote 1: Sage
Vote 2: Mog

NEVER delete evidence of a vote.

2. The day will end after a simply majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players, plus one, rounded down) to lynch. This means that if there are 20 players to begin with, it will take 11 votes to lynch. Alternatively, if a majority can not be reached, I will either set a deadline. At the end of the deadline, the player with the most votes dies. I, and only I, will end each day.

3. Nights will last a base of 12 hours, and no longer than 24 if it can be avoided.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a single "Bah!" post with no game information is acceptable).

5. Do not discuss significant game issues with other players outside this thread, unless you are mafia. This includes both IRC and PMs. Not even goading someone to �post already� or �hurry up�. This is especially true for the detective: revealing the results of investigations anywhere except the game thread will result in modkills, not only for the offending detective, but for any townies that were exposed to the information. Don�t talk to each other about the game AT ALL.

6. Do not directly quote any external communication with me. This includes the PMs I send you with your roles as well as any communication we may have in IRC.

7. Do not edit game posts (aside from your vote in the vote thread). It is unethical and can mess up the game thread. Double and triple postings are ok! I will be lenient at first, but if I see evidence of malicious editing, I WILL modkill.

8. Have fun, participate and make your opinion count.

The players are as follows:

Bud_Chevy
mwmoss
FuFu
Sugarleo
Jmacattack
Nebomancer (Lynched Day 2, Vampire)
BBBP (Lynched Day 1, Vampire)

Last Edited : Sunday, 12 August 2007 - 18:51

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 14:47

The setup:

The game is played in a traditional, C9 setup. This means that we are using one of the following FOUR setups. You do not know which setup we are using. So you can''t count of a doctor saving you, or wait for the detective to come out with all the answers!

(1. Five Townies, two Mafia
(2. Four Townies, one Detective, two Mafia
(3. Four Townies, one Doctor, two Mafia
(4. Three Townies, one Doctor, one Detective, two Mafia

Roles

Vampire (Townie)

You are a vampire, one of the undead elite. You were loyal to Requiem…you fought to defend him against the Lich attack. However…now that Requiem is gone, his throne is open for the taking. One of the vampires will take his throne, and you want that position for yourself. Still…the only way to secure the throne is to first rid the castle of the Lich menace. For the time being, you are a team player. You win when all of the Liches have been slain. Each day, you have the power to cast one vote toward a lynch. Use it wisely.

You can do nothing during the night. Take a nap.

Lich (Mafia)

You and your partner are Liches, disguised as vampires, bent on taking Requiem’s throne by force. During the day, you blend in with the other vampires and vote for a lynch. At night, you and your partner discuss and select one other player who you will kill during the night. You win when the number of Liches equals the number of pro-town players, because at that point it is impossible for them to lynch you.

Minister of the Living (Doctor)

You are Requiem’s last surviving Minister. Having survived the Lich attack, you are the rightful heir to Requiem’s throne. And you plan to mention that, when the time is right. The time will not be right, however, until the safety of the kingdom is assured by slaying the liches. During the day, you cast a vote to lynch just like a normal vampire. At night, though, you use your unique knowledge of life and death to protect one of your companions. You select one other player to protect, and should the mafia attempt to kill that player, they will fail. You win when all of the liches are dead.

Spectre (Detective)

You are a living spirit, a powerful ghost who has taken the form of a vampire, mostly for your own amusement. Finding incorporeal life boring, you find this whole thing as a fun game, and you have decided to side yourself with the vampires. During the day, you vote to lynch like a regular vampire. At night, however, you use your unique powers to “investigate” one other player, checking whether they are a Lich or a Vampire. You win when all of the liches have been killed.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 14:54

The roles are out, and the game is on!

This is Day One. With 7 players alive, it will take FOUR votes to lynch. Once a player has reached four votes, they are lynched, even if someone unvotes. Please be honest about this, since I can''t be online all the time.

Also, let me take this time to tell you to be CAUTIOUS. With so few players, there's much less room for error. If you don't find a mafia within the first two days, basically, you lose. So don't waste Day 1, as you guys are prone to do. Take your time, enjoy the game.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 14:56

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 15:56

(In proper English accent) Good evil all! Seems we are in a bit of a quandry....

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 17:50

Say what?

Okay, typically what has worked the best in the past is to get everyone talking, and posting. Those that don''t post should be viewed as very suspicious. Then we analyze the posts by different people, and decide who looks to be the most `mafia-ish.`

So, let''s post away! Feel free to fling accusations, and flamatory remarks...like mwmoss is a bad guy, for being the first one to post. He seems a bit eager.

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 18:01

Our we could just all jump on Neb for mentioning the "M" word!

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 18:09

Or perhaps Neb is simply the lich, for being the first to accuse someone else. Would be just like a liche to deflect the truth in whatever way is possible.

In fact, I don''t remember you being here when the liches attacked us in the first place, Neb...

hmmmm...

Last Edited : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 18:10

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 19:19

Hmmmmm, looking about at the blood lustful faces surrounding me....which of you are the evil ones that killed my Requeim?
My blood runs warm thinking you are impersonating one of us....which of you.....which of you deserve to die?

Fufumonakyla
Joined 27/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 31 July 2007 - 22:42

Hmm....well im alergic to dying. I tried it once and man, i didnt feel so good afterward.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 00:52

Well, here''s an interesting fact...BBBP signed up in the vote thread, but didn''t post in here...take that for what you will.

Neb

Big Balla Big Pimp
Joined 19/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 00:56

Maybe I didnt know to post in here neb? maybe I dont really know how to play the game all that well?

I'm learnin man cut me some slack

Last Edited : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 00:59

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 07:46

<Shrug> Someone had to be first. I see six of us, who is missing?

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 08:59

everyone has posted at least once.. theory of whacking the lurkers is out

With only 7 players this first day could be long as we slowly creep out of our shells. I will be easier to spot the liches with this few players. Harder to hide amongst all the drivel that usually is within these games.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 09:36

Seems Neb is very anxious to point out others...mw for posting first and BBBP for being late with his first post.

mwmoss
Joined 26/10/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 09:49

I meant in the vote thread Bud
It is easier for me to keep track of who is active there than here, once people start posting alot.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 10:38

I''m not anxious...I just know the only way to get people talking is to point out things here an there. In order for the vampires to win, we have to have people talk. I haven''t accused anyone yet, just pointed out little things.

If nobody pointed out little things, we''d all sit here and talk about how sunny and nice it is.

And if you''ve read any previous other games, you''ll see that I tend to hop around a lot. So don''t expect me to be any different this game...BBBP, don''t get so defensive...unless there is a reason you need to be?

Neb

Big Balla Big Pimp
Joined 19/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 10:41

Dude how was I being defensive lol. Gosh...

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 11:08

All this bickering, no matter how gentle, will NOT allow us to find the imposter. Let''s concentrate on rooting him out or we will die!

Jmac

Last Edited : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 11:40

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 11:16

"..the imposter." ??? There''s two among you that are impersonating us, vampires.

Where you referring to your partner in crime, Jmac?

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 1 August 2007 - 11:28

ahhh, thanks for the clarification, sugar, there ARE two imposters... I think I''ll have to watch a little closer now...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.164063 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap