HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.26 APR 2024 01:40  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   >>
AuthorTopic : New Maps?
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2007 - 02:48

Biodus,
I like your 4 player map. I don`t understand the untouchable areas next to the castles, though, care to explain?

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 25 September 2007 - 03:00

The untouchable areas are there for fairness/symmetry purposes. I made the map radially symmetrical, but the castles cannot be rotated. To partially make up for this, I blocked off the area that would be taken up by the castle if it was rotatable so that there would be the same distances involved between the castle and the resources.

Second, I made them untouchable so that you could not tear down ur castle wall and set up defences inside that natural wall because the wall would be on a relatively different side of the castle for two of the castles. I did not want to give two of the castles better defensive positions than the other two.

I realize that this may be trivial and never come into play... I just wanted to make sure the assymetry caused by the lack of ability to place castles in a rotated position had as little affect on the game as possible.

*_* Biodus *_*

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 26 September 2007 - 11:01

Here's another:

Title: The Lost Kingdom
by TaurusRex

Description:
Long ago a barbarian tribe took refuge in the central highlands of a vast land where they horded much gold, gems and resources, but cut off from the surrounding tribes by a maze of mountains and forests, they remained primitive warriors and easy prey to the warrior kings who would come to plunder their riches.

www.geocities.com/marsgranite/lostempire.html

PS:
I completely did over the first map to do this one ...
territories are smaller, but much better located So that I even like the 64 castles for this map better than the first.
I didn't try to do a perfect balance for the center because again this is for an unranked enter anytime game.

Map12 again.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 26 September 2007 - 11:09

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 27 September 2007 - 21:03

Folks I sent a six-player map to Requiem entitled:
Tyrant Kings
by TaurusRex

Description:
These six tyrant kings have warred for dominance of these lands from ancient times until you have come to power and now with advanced and expert armies the end is near as you approach your enemies with your machines of war. Destroy them all to the last man or settle for a decisive victory, but your people grow weary of endless war So be strategic and be efficient.

PS:
The file I sent to Requiem from my wordpad displays just fine, but apparently I've either used up my memory allotment at geocities or I've dropped some data transferring it.

I did think I viewed it though when I posted it, but there's too much missing from it now so I deleted it.

PPS:
Well here's a screenshot of it anyway:

www.geocities.com/marsgranite/tyrantkings.jpg
www.geocities.com/marsgranite/tyrantkingsii.jpg

rex

Last Edited : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 14:05

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 27 September 2007 - 21:48

There are pieces missing in the walls... and a couple castles missing... and it`s a very plain map. I like the idea of giving people more advanced starting defences... but that is the only interesting thing about this map. Way too much boring empty space.

*_* Biodus *_*

Last Edited : Thursday, 27 September 2007 - 21:48

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 04:44

Interesting defensive castles... I agree that there needs to be more stuff in the open spaces to work with, though.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 12:47

It is an interesting setup, indeed. But what is the motivation of anyone to leave their castle areas? It would be very easy to sit inside your double-walled castle and wait for someone to try to enter. There needs to be an incentive to get players out in the open.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 17:51

It is quite unbalanced in a couple of areas.
The player on the grass down the bottom left really has no choice but to attack the player on the rough, whereas everyone else has multiple ways to go.
Yet the extra resources are placed in the rough players advantage. So the rough player has basicly scored a free castle so long as he can hold off any others who bother him (a bit of diplomacy and a half decent player is all it needs).

After that its pretty much the rough players game given the uber defences. Everyone else is just going to sit in their castles and defend to the death.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 18:47

There were and still are a total of eight clusters of all resources including gold and gems basicly placed at border locations in an attempt to be fair and I have added 13 gold mines in places where there seemed to be room for them in this last version:

www.geocities.com/marsgranite/tyrantkingsiii.jpg

The way I see it everyone should be able to capture at least one cluster of everything and I doubt if always the same player will get the extra two and everyone should be able to capture at least two extra gold mines I think and again with not always the same person getting the extra one.

If fighting to win the game especially if it is set to LMS standards isn't enough reason to venture from a castle, I certainly think I have now provided enough extras;

but I really do think our rank conscious strategists will choose a course that won't leave them without adequate points to win with or without all the extra incentives.

I do however recommend this be played as an LMS though to ensure enough time to guarantee a bloody confrontation (i.e. if it is accepted and offerred up for play by Requiem).

PS:
That's all the map time I have folks, I anxiously await news from Requiem about Heidi.

rex

Last Edited : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 19:02

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 28 September 2007 - 22:39

I like the changes. This allows for much more tactical maneuvering...this is a map I might play.

Nice work.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 01:19

hmm. Might be good for an extended campaign.
I still see some potential balance issues with that bottom left corner. But it really depends on the skill and activity of the players down there.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 02:25

I'll give you all a little hint concerning Gaiyamato's apprehention ...

the father of this great country, the USA, on Christmas Eve crossed the Delaware river into Trenton, New Jersey with his small army and defeated the Hessian troops stationed there, turning the tide of the American war for Independence.

If any of the castles is more of anything than the others, I think it may be the one in the cursed earth top left corner ... it's a little too conjested with mountains I think and going to be tough to siege.

rex

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 02:28

It''s posts like these that leave me wondering...You got a few compliments...what''s with the riddles? Remember, I''m not that smart, nor quick...you have to speak plainly or I get lost.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 04:02

I''ll reply to you in the other thread dude.
I think I get what your saying for a change. lol.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 09:10

I want you all to know that thanks to my great admiration and respect for George Washington, one of the greatest military strategists of all time, I have now made available versions IV and V of the tyrantkings maps:

www.geocities.com/marsgranite/tyrantkingsiv.jpg

www.geocities.com/marsgranite/tyrantkingsv.jpg

It's just a matter of adding the code to base map24 or map22 respectively.

rex

Last Edited : Tuesday, 2 October 2007 - 05:21

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 09:13

*yawn*

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 17:49

since when was washington a great military strategist... it was more through discression that he saw sucess rather than battle

Protoman Z
Joined 1/01/2002

Posted : Saturday, 29 September 2007 - 23:43

I think he was being facetious...

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Sunday, 30 September 2007 - 03:11

might have been a better judge to have stumbled through the 3 pages before posting

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Sunday, 30 September 2007 - 06:45

Ffs, don`t go killin this thread by getting off topic people.

*_* Biodus *_*

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   >>
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140137 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap