HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.11 MAY 2024 12:46  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Clan Discussions
<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   >>
AuthorTopic : The Final Battle (closed)
laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 14:05

haha...cheers for hosa
simon learned a ot from this game Pict, I can tell you that.
my mvp is vj, he took the bigest share of blood in all directions

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 16:45

PICT: "you never featured as far as I was concerned cos I knew that Princess could whup you on a one-on-one."

Never featured? I do believe that you stated that you had a party planned at simon's place...

As for princess whuppin me... she made two attempts to take my castle.... and she also had a sizeable income advantage for more than half the game... i won't knock princess here... she fought a good war and brought excitement to the game... she also complimented me nicely...and i appreciate that...

PICT: Why would I be bothered by a newb...

LOL...seems newbie did ok!

I give my MVP vote to Spaniard...just an outstanding player who i learned so much from... I must say laur is just as deserving and probably one of the best i've seen play this game... They won this game not me... My job was to protect the corner and cover their backs...while they went hunting!

My rookie of the year award goes to ST. Michael... Our point man! I give him a ton of credit for coming so far so quickly...

Defensive player of all time!...hands down neb...i gained a ton of knowledge watching more than half the players take a shot at him... somehow...he still lives! he's like jason from friday the 13th!

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 21:19

I have to post this, as it's my crowning acheivement in this game. You'd be surprised how long it takes to pali up a slab with three comm stacks.

Enjoy your pali castle!

[URL=img44.imageshack.us/i/nebsend.jpg/][IMG]img44.imageshack.us/img44/5822/nebsend.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Yes. That's me in the tower.

Last Edited : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 21:21

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 21:34

I love honesty, don't you guys? I think some of you might have a hard time excepting it but still... gotta love it

Simon, i don't think i am drinking anymore either. Woke up this morning in a hotel to 25 missed calls LOL!!

Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Thursday, 1 October 2009 - 23:47

Neb! You Rock!

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 03:26

And yet again i see more from simon's friends then i see from him. wouldn't it be great if you could get the credit of taking me out all for yourself simon?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 07:29

Didn't you read, Hanky? SIMON IS all of those players. They are all "out of town."

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 07:33

Aah so simon is going to take me out! he just needs 4 accounts to do so! Simon i challenge you, to take the strongest out of your 4 accounts and take me out with that account alone. (I know for sure that at least St Mich's or Spaniards account have a lot more troops then i currently possess)

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 08:40

i won't have time to take you out all by myself hanky... and i was taking moves while spaniard was away...so what... it is no differenet than when you HANKY had someone taking your moves... in fact thats the only time you were doing well! other than that i pretty much watched you run in harms way and get pumbled! good job... you and i both know even as a group effort we may not have time to finish you...but we will not stop trying... THE MERCENARIES ARE COMING!

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 09:03

jfyi...theonly moves im currently making are my own ok... so don't get your panties all bunched up!

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 19:30

wow, you guys playing multi accounts(even if they are your friends or mates or whatever) suck. i didnt know that kinda thing was goin on. i aint playing camps with any of yall that do that. thats just wrong

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 22:56

if i was playing with my team against another team i wouldn't want to say i won and them be able to rebuttle that someone missed a turn and that was the deciding factor.

If someone knows they are not going to be able to take one to maybe three turns for business or family or something i would think its not a big deal. they should imo go ahead and brief someone on their team of the coarse of action that they had planned on taking and let the other person be their hand.

If it was something forseeable IE: a vacation that had been planned before the camp then they shouldn't have joined the game in the first place and it is ridiculous that i have to play against someone with two accounts and not even know who it is.

I have played against most people here in duels, battles and less but still quite a few in camps. I know that some people favor certain strategies and i am sure all of us have documented whether it be subconscious or not how to counter some people heres favorite strategies.

Emergencies, accidents and things that aren't forseeable are a completely different story. I don't want to beat someone out because they had a stroke and had to spend the week in the hospital. My bragging rights would be completely obliterated and the two weeks i spent playing and being excited about the camp will seem in vain.

Last Edited : Saturday, 3 October 2009 - 22:58

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 00:41

hosa played only 1 turn for himself in this game. So we had 2 choices, quit or let someone else to play for his account (I don't like to waste my time playing a game if I don't have a slightly chance to win).

also during summer time there are lots of vacation...we should have not played this game in the summer(I was in vacation a few days without internet conection, someone else played for me during that time, and all HR players were in vacation). So, from mpov, is normal to play multiple accounts during those periods.

Also, because this game after x years of existance still does not have the notion of ally or clan mate....we are in impossible situations to move or to buid because some ally was too close, so I did move part of other players units from time to time when we were not able to be here in the same time.

almost forgot, for those of you who wants to have a 1vs1 fight I suggest them to play a duel of a batttle. Clan games are not for 1vs1. In this game there was no one who took a castle by himseff excepting me (and me, after those owners were weaken by fighting someone else).

Last Edited : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 00:54

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 06:07

ZUES: wow, you guys playing multi accounts(even if they are your friends or mates or whatever) suck.

RELAX: for your info i wasent even here for the game except for the last two turns.

LOL...So your clanmate sucks

If I remember correctly...Princess also had someone that didn't even know how to play making her moves... And Hanky had the games best player filling in for him...

Just because you see my nic enter...then spaniards...then hosa...etc etc... doesn't mean im making all the moves... sure i have access to the accounts... but maybe im just being nosey and seeing whats going on... ive been doing that since laur was making hosa's moves... how do you think i've learned so much! recently i filled in for spaniard because he was away...i don't see a problem with that...

Last Edited : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 06:09

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 07:40

The difference between me taking about 9 turns for Hanky while he was on vacation and having people in your clans taking turns for each other is that i was not linked with the game at all. I had no troops of my own to move or even fight side by side with; so effectively "Hanky" was still one player fighting side by side with other people.

The issue people have with clan members taking turns in camps like this is that they can, and from what i read, have abused it to allow moves that would be practically impossible without having a single player moving everyone on the teams. Being able to coordinate attacks/movements like that is unfair to those people that are moving by themselves with their teammates. Ideally the best scenerio is to have some friend outside the current game moving for you or at least someone in your clan that has no troops even close to yours in the game.

And don't make an arguement that "Hanky had the games best player filling in for him" because that is still debatable for one thing and i hardly did anything beyond moving menancingly towards HOSA and laur until they retreated away. Plus i told laur that i was moving for Hanky for a little while and by the time those two came back for their castle, Hanky had already come back and had been moving for a number of turns. :-P

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 08:35

I don't agree with "have abused it to allow moves that would be practically impossible" coop. For me is something like "overcome the clan mate glitch". The ideal is to have all players involved, online in the same time....but only a few clans in this game can do that .
This game should have fixed this issue long time ago.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Sunday, 4 October 2009 - 13:04

That's the idea for sure and i wish there was an exception for clan mates, but in realty the game simply doesn't work that way. Having that level of teamwork is practically impossible unless you have a really amazing clan that somehow manages to play perfectly together. The abused part comes into play when it is one person moving for multiple people to achieve that perfect teamwork where as the other team can't hope to match when it's multiple players moving.

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 7 October 2009 - 16:13

Simon i was careful who I chose to take my turns (2 only) in that game.
1. it was a person who didnt even know how to play and deployed troops that I didnt want deployed so it worked against me.
2. It wasnt a person with any intrest in that game at all.
3. It wasnt for any extended length of time,if it was for any length of time I wouldnt have ever started playing that game knowing that I would be away

It is a lot more dificult to co-ordinate a group of players on different time frames to make a sucessful assult on another player....but much easier for one player to take over their accounts and control the complete battalion.
I have played Hosa on a few occasions and i was thinking to myself without saying anything ,geez he has improveed a lot (im not saying your a crap player Hosa but in that game I noticed a substansial difference in game play and tactics).
This just sucks that one player has been controlling multiple accounts in a single game for extended periods.
It shows the length players will go to just to be on the winners list.
Unhappy and dissapointed Angie

Last Edited : Wednesday, 7 October 2009 - 16:15

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 7 October 2009 - 16:39

Princess... according to your clanmate(ex-capt)relax... he was away for his entire game other than his last two turns... so you should be unhappy with your own clan as well...

it's not like hosa's troops ever went after you anyhow...i don't believe not one single troop of hosa's ever attacked yours... other than a few troops st mich sent against you... i defeated your forces...
you grabbed a free castle and extra income early in the game but did not seem to capatilize from it... you also did not have to cover your back side whatsoever(for the entire game) you really can't ask for much better conditions...
So maybe you should be disappointed with yourself as well...

anyhow...good game angie...wish you had enjoyed it more...

cheers! simon

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 7 October 2009 - 18:45

Ah, the whole argument is getting ridiculous and I would like to see it dropped. I was obviously the best player in the game, and it was only pixies and elves who made me lose. I blame the woodfolk for my loss, not all the filling-in and/or clan perversions that went on.

So, who is still alive in there? Hanky still holding on to his castle? Simon still unopposed and taking over huge tracts of land? Somebody kill that guy! Or is the pact still working?

<<   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   >>
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap