HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 22:46  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3 4        
AuthorTopic : Defensive strategies = Sitting Ducks?
Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Friday, 18 March 2005 - 17:24

You attack them early. Get better ranged units then them

Dreadme
Joined 10/02/2005

Posted : Sunday, 20 March 2005 - 18:22

I'm new to this game(lvl 1:6), and I have only played 5 campaigns, but in each of those I have only had one other player who is active. My main stragtegie has been to expand and take over every building possible, killing only those barbarians in my way until I find the ennemie.

So here is my question, should I,
A. Amas my army and attack him right away.(after sending in a scout)
B. Surround his territory, build some towers, and starve him, waiting for him to become desperate, then attack him.
C. Leave him be and continue growing, so he won't feel that he has to defende himself, and maybe take me out.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 21 March 2005 - 06:33

You have played 6 battles, not campaigns. In battles, you don't take over any buildings or lay siege, you try to eliminate your opponent, one on one.

In a campaign, there are multiple players and you must take being attacked from multiple sources into account.
Here your 3 strategies might come into play. Different players use variations on all three to play.

Attacking barbarians and etc. is one way to boost your score and raise the level of your pieces. It is also necessary to kill them to take over most gemponds and goldmines since there are NPC's (non player characters) too close to them to allow takeover.

Read the forums from the past for some really good ideas about campaigning.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2005 - 14:55

there is so much spam here it is not even funny anymore....i guess rog let this one get devoured...i would give an opinion but i have a major headache right now

Dreadme
Joined 10/02/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 22 March 2005 - 15:08

Sorry about the mixup but I did mean campaign. So back to my question.

<<   1 2 3 4        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap