HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 04:20  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3 4   >>
AuthorTopic : Defensive strategies = Sitting Ducks?
StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 4 March 2005 - 21:44

ha ha I get it now! Rog's from Israel! No wonder you hate me! Your still mad from when I mentioned the fact your counry said it would NEVER occupy another counties soil (then invaded lebanon) and then said under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would it occupy another counties capital (and then occupied Beirut) and then began ethnic cleansing with the same gusto as the other factions there at the time.

Im not anti-semitic. I just think your country has lied and has committed as many atrocities as mine (which outstrips the atrocities perpitrated by the arab nations)

and for fanatic: rog mentioned how defensive strat was dumb and that his way was great and then began showing his way.

if I made a thread and said: "hey i was playing fanatic and joe and bobby and this guy and that... and they suck and im great and this is how i beat them" would that be considered a discussion on strategy or me bragging?

Its spelled "DISLEXIC" unless your using british english which is in fact the true form of the language but we in the US dont bother with it.

Im not Dutch but it was my first language. Both parents were 2nd or 3rd Generation american and i was born in the US but spent the first 4 years of life in the Netherlands.

I have nothing more to say on the topic of defensive stratagy. I agree that its not too useful.

Byron
Joined 24/01/2003

Posted : Friday, 4 March 2005 - 23:11

No Crispin it's Dyslexic try a dictionary why don't you? I'm an English major so that is the correct spelling not dislexic or whatever it was that you use to butcher the English language.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 00:00

Interesting Byron, I am an english major Graduate.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 00:06

Ran a search and it appears we're both right...

***dislexia is an uncommon spelling of the more common form "dyslexia." Results for dyslexia are shown below. Did you want results for dislexia?***

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Sunday, 6 March 2005 - 10:28

StCrispin, your just arguing about spelling to annoy Rog. I agree with Rog, he needed to explain what happened in the Game to make a viable point about Defensive strategies. I think the best strategy is a slow, defensive advance into enemy territory. If you advance too quickly, your troops become to thinly spread, but if you dont attack, you become stagnant and a relativly easy target for other troops. And, StCrispin, just because you take a class, it dosen't mean that your good at that subject.

Lons
Joined 24/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 6 March 2005 - 11:40

LOL... Well put Demosthenes!!!

I have personally known a few people that have taken the MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer, for those wondering) certification and have passed it! And yet when it comes to practical, they can't even differentiate a server from the client... Of course not all of them are like this, but I do know of a few

And St. Crispin, I'm not saying you suck in your major.. Please don't get me wrong here! I'm just highlighting a point that Demosthenes made! A person that takes a exam and passes it doen't mean he will excel in it!!

That my 2 cent

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 6 March 2005 - 12:47

Well "golly gee" fellas,
I accumulated one-hundred and ten college credits in two east-coast colleges, seventy-five per-cent of which qualified me for the dean's list including the last twenty-eight that I got when I was forty-two years old;
but do I brag about it?
No ...
I "chucked" the books into the river and ended up being a self-employed builder for twenty years of my life. I had a strength index of fourteen hundred pounds in college and probably about twice that much in my late twenties and early thirties. That's what I liked (i.e. to build and to be strong) and that's what I did.

Do I say to people they shouldn't start a sentence with a "conjunction"? No. Do I say it's not proper to say, "a exam" but rather it's proper to say, "an exam?" No.
I see a description of a game that sounds like there was little or no resistance from at least the first two opponents and as I have stated elsewhere, the deciding factor has become the "long range catapults". He who gets catapults first in mass production has a new found power. No defence is strong enough or out of range (i.e. except the towers I think I heard can't be "busted" by them) . They are devastating.

I could agree about the slow defensive advance which was similar to my attack but all has changed. No one can afford to advance slowly and defensively because no one can afford to allow anyone to put sixty to one-hundred catapults into the field.
Now be my guest (i.e. attack my spelling and my grammar) but what does it have to do with the reason no kind of defence is any good any more except "strategic or tactical" defence (i.e. taking advantage of natural obstacles on the battlefield and even building some obstacles on the battlefield if possible)?

TR

Last Edited : Sunday, 6 March 2005 - 12:51

Luger
Joined 4/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 6 March 2005 - 16:02

TR - What are you thinking, trying to introduce some common sense into the conversation? You could get banned for that.

At the very least, them's fightin' words!

PushOver
Joined 28/02/2005

Posted : Thursday, 10 March 2005 - 11:27

You know, I'm new to this game and trying to figure it out. I've been reading all the forms (for rog) foeums, rats fat fingures. forums, that’s better. Studying tactics and calculating resources.
I don't know who any of you are. I do think it's childish to attack someone for typing errors, or spelling errors. It's not an english lit paper. (couldn't spell lirturature)
As for bragging, that's the first thing I thought when starting to read this thread. I'm 77 and you're not. As for the rest of rog's post, I don't think there was a lot of bragging in it, but some. It's prevalent in all his posts. And I think that if you are one of the top players you can boast about it until someone slaps you down and humility tempers ego.
I didn't get much out of the thread so far. I did glean this though. Don't spend all your gold on defensive things first. Move around, check things out, increase you income and build your defense at the edge of your property.
I will use this strategy in my first game and see how it works.

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Thursday, 10 March 2005 - 22:06

Hey, Rog does put up some good points, and whats the point of working for a good rank if you can't brag about it a little bit. There is no money incentive of any sort, so bragging is the only reward you get. I find it funny that most of the people on this site are grown adults, but they still act like morons. For me, as a sixth grader, its nice to see adults be stupid once in a while. So, I thank you all for not being overly mature. It makes the upcoming prospect of adulthood a lot less horrible.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 03:05

It's more horrible than you can possibly imagine! Eeeeeeeek! First, the hormones in your body go insane, you grow hairs where there were no hairs before and all you can think about is.....waronline! Then your sixth grade smartarse intelligence will drain away and you will be a drooling moronic adult, ready to form opinions on politics and religion. By the way, there is no escape. Hooray!

Last Edited : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 03:08

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 02:28

When I was in sixth grade I was too *chubby* to run away from *bullies*,

and I had to learn how to defend myself;
So maybe it's part of my nature to be defensive and why I tend to play the way I do.

TR

Last Edited : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 03:22

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 10:42

Hey Mog, I already have opinions on Politics and Religion. Watch. BBBBUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSS!!!!!!!(: And the pope is a tyranical overlord with no compassion for other peoples beliefs! I feel sorry for poor TaurusRex. In these modern days, you can get rid of bullies with a lawsuit. I can't understand how anyone survived the 1970s. It was a viscious time. Prehaps thats the reason that todays adults are the biggest hypocrites this world has ever seen, and the US is the center of hypocrite-dom. I mean, bush will attack Iraq for "supposedly" having one or two nukes that never existed, when the US has a HUGE nuclear arsenal. I need to move to Canada. As a wise person once said that when all else fails, there is one way airplane tickets to Canada.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 05:17

I'd like to point out that Demosthenes is a completely different person than Mog although I'm sure no one will ever believe that again due to his political views being nearly exactly what the ol' Mogster has been spewin' for some time now. However, send the hate mail to Demosthenes, care of "Boys Reformatory, Upstate New York", and thank you for your time.

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Monday, 14 March 2005 - 22:04

Ha, ha. I think with that political spew I turned half of this website to hate me. Oh well. Like my pyshcologist said at the reformatory, Im supposed to let it alll out, without using machine guns like the incident on July 8th, 2004.

Gutterfly
Joined 19/01/2002

Posted : Monday, 14 March 2005 - 22:28

hehe, demosthenes is funny

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 01:00

All those dead postal workers don't think so.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 01:47

Im not too sure THEY are thinking much of anything right now.

whats wrong with machine guns? The 3 foot jets of yellow-red flame from an M-60 in a night fight lighting the Gunner and Asst Gunners faces in strobe, and the "bum bum bum bum" as the talk to the night is something that gets any good infantryman's blood pumping and his breath coming in hot gulps! Hooah!

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 11:14

Soon ill out sarcasam Mog, and I'm probably about 10 years younger than him. Those postal workers asked for it. They delivered a pro-Bush flyer to my mailbox. The next time, I was waiting on the roof with my sniper rifle and AK-47. My first two sniper shots missed, so I got out the ol' 47.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 14:36

the AK-74 is a much better rifle. the 5.45 shell shatters at close range because it is propelled faster than the M-16a1 or a2 (i think it is faster than the original SS109 shell for the first run 16's too). its pretty nasty.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 16 March 2005 - 13:56

<<   1 2 3 4   >>
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap