HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.2 MAY 2024 23:38  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
<<   1 2 3        
AuthorTopic : Version 2.12 Released
El Cid
Joined 26/06/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 16 January 2002 - 19:42

Yeah, and archers lost 1/3 of their number, squires only 20%...

Alverin
Joined 7/11/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 16 January 2002 - 23:58

Actually Requiem, I do get on every 6 hours, or even more, but I do occasionally have to sleep, and for that I need 6 hours. The problem is that you can't use up all of your action points any more. I have had to leave 1/2 of my armies at 25-33% twice now (in only one day) and then be away for 6 hours. Even if you wait until your troops are up to 100% (which is a little bit of a waste in itself) you still have 10% left. That means that you can only be off for 5 hours. If you have to move those troops 2 squares because your opponent moved away or if your opponent attacked that stack and took away some of your action points you could easily end up at 60-70%, which means after you attack you have 30% left, which is useless when you have lines of troops protecting your arbs - they have no where to move. The way it is right now I have to get on every 4-5 hours just to make sure I don't waste action points. When I could use all of my points I would know that I would have 6 hours. Before the change I was losing 16-32% action points (out of 400%) a day on the average. This last day I figure I lost an average of 60% per stack. Some troops lost 70%! I would like the level of attack dropped from 40/90 down to 25/75, but if that isn't possible, please at least give us an option somewhere, somehow, that we can use all of our action points up in an attack.

Alverin
Joined 7/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 January 2002 - 00:12

Right now is a perfect example. I normally go to bed at midnight (now) and get up at 6 AM and do my turn before I go to work. My troops were up to 100% action points when I got home tonight at 11, so I put those points to use. Now at midnight I would normally do a small attack with my troops to make sure that their action points aren't wasted, but now I can't, and I even have 10% left over from my full attack! This means that most of my troops that aren't either moving into position or are on defensive are losing an extra 26% that I can't do anything with. I would have to get up at 4 AM in order to use all of my action points, even though I am on right now. I know my little attacks don't do a whole lot, but they typically kill 1-2 troops each, and when you are talking about 20 stacks doing that twice a day that is 2 more stacks destroyed. That really adds up.

arslan
Joined 8/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 January 2002 - 03:31

Ha ha, I am the one who at war with CTDXXX and also the one who warned him about the change after some stupid move of my troops because not notice the change myself. Actually , I lost at least twise than CTDXXX since I hire a lot archers and doggies which lost 20 units each stack...
I got my troops killed by my enemy for about 300 units that time and the change make me lost more than 700 without warning, not even the chance to Transfer Troops...
Well, war goes on like life goes on. I play the game for fun not for upset by it, so I take the change and try to keep having fun from the game
Since with the same number of troops we will have more stacks on the map at the same time (we got the same troop production rate, even faster for rangerman, and less unit in a stack means less damage can make that make attack less effective to wipe out a stack). How about lower the movement AP cost? The setting now seems giving defencer too much advantage and make tactics hard to play decision role...Diplomacy and decides most things if you ask me...second important thing is how much guild you have (troops production rate) which make Metal even shortage than we short of wood in the old version.
Just some idea

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 January 2002 - 08:20

you're right alverin. if you are at war you have 4 to 5-hour cycles instead of 6-hour cycles.

Protoman Z
Joined 1/01/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 January 2002 - 14:37

luckily, I didn't have many full stacks before the change. I was training more of everything to make full stacks, and then the change happened and instead of losing anyone, I just have a bunch of reserves I'll just train some more troops and I'll have enough to combine with the reserves into more stacks.

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 17 January 2002 - 17:25

Arslan, you remember I said that was half my army? Guess what - the other half is coming home :-)
And if you can make it past Lonewolf, I have my faithful personal ally Gentlebeast to help out :-)
I don't see anyone getting beaten any time soon, so a long war is on the cards...well, it's all fun ;-)
As usual, I see 'honourable' battle as follows - defenders can call on all the help they want, attackers can at most match. If the attacker later has to defend instead, the roles change accordingly. This gives the best defence, but prevents mass-bash wipeout.
Arslan, for the record, has been one of the best opponents I've had so far.
Suffice to say, the changes messed both our plans up a bit. The bit I'm complaining about is the lack of warning. Change is all well and good, but it's not very nice to discover the world has changed literally overnight ;-)

arslan
Joined 8/11/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 30 January 2002 - 19:57

Once again....things changes in one night without warning before even after the modify....
First: message list change
Second and most important...you can't transfer troops which is under attack....what a suck rule....it complete destory my plan and isolated my army who just break through enemy's battle line.
It make no sense at all, even in real world you cal always has replenish. Haven't you see "band of bothers"? there will be no 101 airborne at all far befoer WW2 was over if they can't get replenish at battle field.
I know this is a beta version, but we are human who need respect. Not ignorant little white mouse. We spend time and conception to build up our own tactic and strategy by the game rule, but you just chang it from time to time. What the fXOC we can play a game without formal rule. What we get after spend tons of time on knowing rule and tried to get victory? The might LORD just click his finger than all our plan just fly away and see our troops destory...

I get enough with it, though I love this game but after I finish my current game, I will quit am find myself another game with CLEAR and DEFINITE rules to follow and where respect players.

Pro
Joined 22/10/2000

Posted : Thursday, 31 January 2002 - 01:35

Band of Brothers was a cool series....where do you live??

blue bayou
Joined 23/01/2002

Posted : Thursday, 31 January 2002 - 02:31

Loved Band of Brothers...
Arslan...changes occur...enjoy them, the development of the game is not perfect, nor can it be expected to be. rules are the same for all, code is not subjective.
-bb

arslan
Joined 8/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 31 January 2002 - 08:22

I live at Taiwan and I was a member of airborne force for 2 years
(Will, for those who may not know: at Taiwan every health man need join compulsory military service for two years since we get some problem with the People's Republic of China)
Ya, I play game for fun and know the risk for play a free beta game. I just want to be respect that get info BEFORE major changes. I am cool now, just got upset because my tactial plan got totally raze because of it.
My high lv troops was my only hope to win since My army prodcution speed can never catch up with the sum of three kingdoms (you just can't possible get enough iron for that) and I lost them because of this suddenly change. (More than hundred stack troops fighting together, 77 for my three opponents, 56 of my, no space to pull back my army from battle line) what a disaster....

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 31 January 2002 - 14:15

I'm with arslan on this one. Should we expect to see total change every other week? Should we stop working on strategies just because in a week it won't matter? The only thing holding up the front line that arslan slid a hole into was the constant supply line of reinforcements. There is now nothing to stop him wiping that line flat out. This is the SECOND time our war got 'seriously redirected' and again we had no warning AT ALL. Maybe we should have took note of what was being passed around the forum - but then again, I don't expect to see ships tomorrow.
Again, I don't expect a week's warning - any warning at all would be nice.

Hector Heathcoat
Joined 27/10/2001

Posted : Thursday, 14 February 2002 - 14:40

Thanks for making a cool free game Req. It is fun.

westy
Joined 20/08/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 19 February 2002 - 05:48

thats Ok i now grant you to be a knight u shall buy all my troops and let me kill u in the game

<<   1 2 3        
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap