HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 23:45  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4        
AuthorTopic : ^ector's 20 questions, round the first (closed)
midnightstalka
Joined 26/02/2006

Posted : Friday, 23 March 2007 - 22:30

Battery operated means it requires a battery to operate. Try running the cartridge without the battery.

My argument was that you couldn''t say the game has nothing to do with a computer or that the cartridge has a display. It seems you chose to answer one question based around the idea that it was the cartridge and the other that it was the game.

The software does have more of a display than a cartridge as tou can take the view that the game couldn''t exist without a display (the code for it does but the game itself only exists when being run) the cartridge clearly exists without a display.

You just need to be consitant when answering questions.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 23 March 2007 - 22:40

Hard, isn''t it, ^ector?

^ector
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 23 March 2007 - 23:38

You can in fact run the cartridge without the battery - it's just you can't save your game after that. Battery memory only effected [ EDIT: I meant affected. ] the games memory. It's kind of annoying, but you can play through Zelda in one sitting.

Battery operated does mean that it requires a battery to operate, it usually applies to things where you have to replace or re-charge the battery. Since the cartridges that used battery memory had tiny batteries that were never meant to be replaced, IMO they don't count... and I think most people would agree with me and that midnight is just nit-picking.

And tell me midnight, wouldn't you have complained if I said it had no display? This is my first 20 questions, it's hard to be consistent when I haven't done this before - I was trying to not lead you astray... as I explained. Somebody got pretty close even... but we'll just have to try again.

It is hard Mog, but only when you care about pleasing everyone... I could just answer "yes" and "no" and disregarded other peoples definitions if I really wanted, but I'm trying to be fair.

Somebody tell me they had fun...

Last Edited : Saturday, 24 March 2007 - 00:16

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 24 March 2007 - 00:05

I had fun! Especially knowing how hard it is to answer without giving anything away.

<<   1 2 3 4        
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap