HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 17:21  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4   >>
AuthorTopic : Christmas Mafia!
darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 17:31

Oops, make that Coopels.

Plus, he hasn't posted. What's up with that?

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 18:37

Dark’s going alphabetically...glad I dropped the ‘Bloody’

I’m also waiting to hear from Coop before deciding my vote. Hopefully he’ll check in so...

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 18:38

^^^^^ that was supposed to end with soon

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 21:10

Wow.

Let me explain something to you kids. I have repeated my previous behavior from other games in an attempt to teach you a lesson.

In no way does this sort of behavior give you any indication as to who I am in any game of mafia. Look at my game history. Every game I have acted out in such a way. There is no correlation. Yet, every time, people point out how it harms the town. I would have no problem playing the village fool in a game of mafia. Yet, when you point out my actions as "evil" or "mafia-like" I have the overwhelming urge to cackle in your face.

Does anyone else realize the point I am attempting to make here? The point I am making, is that without my antics, the game would get off to a poor poor start. Mafia is ALOT of fun in person, and no antics are required, because people play with their "poker" faces. And this adds a lot of depth to day one. However, online we need a catalyst for discussion. I provided it, and then retracted it before the repercussions caused my death.

I am losing focus the more I write, digressing from my point. So I shall stop for now...

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 21:20

***Coopels has been ModProdded***

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 21:51

Sorry, it's been busy around my house lately so i haven't had much time to do anything besides reading the posts and moving in my campaign. For those that are thinking my silence indicates mafia ("bad kids" i think they're called) i could deny such an idea, but it would be useless and so i shall let everyone decide what they want.

Hmm... so far everything is going as expected though. There aren't that many clues as to who anybody is as of yet so it's a little early for me to make assumptions or accusations. In the interests of the game though i will think outloud here.

Oblivion seems rather quick to defend his quick revelation at the beginning though. He is more suspicious by the consistant use of previous gameplay to defend his actions in my opinion. Perhaps thinking that he can trick people by using claims of playing the exact same way as before. Suspicious... yes, convicting... not in my opinion.

Another thing that makes me suspious is Corflu's bold statement of newness (if that's a word ) at this game. To me, stating that you're new could be linked with trying to hide behind that newness to discuss the fact of being a bad kid...

Sanshiro was rather quick to defend Corflu from my point of view meaning that those two could be linked. If i remember from the game i played earlier the mafia or "bad kids" know who each other are so looking for links between people is going to be a useful strategy.

Neb's one post didn't do anything but try to confuse people and cast focus onto Oblivion...

Seemingly darkguy is casting suspicion because he doesn't have a clue of where to go so far...

For everyone else... i'm suspicious

***Coopels prods SageMod with a branding iron***

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 23:23

Wow. Sure looks like a lot of overanalysis to me. Between asking Sage for clues on how to play the game and you guys reacting to a few sentences I guess I should just watch. Or read. How I get thought of as a bad guy for typing in my suspicions is pretty suspicious itself. If I was mafia, now why would i bother to say anything at all?

WIth that in mind, I am curious as to who has said nothing. Or little. The people that have said nothing to date at all tell me they want to be under the radar. So the radar should find them instead.

To me that means Neb since he is pretty longwinded and iyet here has been very brief. I guess I erred by picking someone right away. Looks like you are supposed to wait. Even so, I think either Neb or my original pick of Oblivion is correct. My dark horse is The Biscuit.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 03:02

Surely the mafia wouldn't be as stupid as to lay low in a seven player game, especially with as many experienced people we have here. Lynching the inactives, therefore, isn't an available option.

I second Coopels' opinion of Sanshiro's and Corflu's "links". I especially got a couple of PM's from a rather overreacting Sanshiro lately:

No. 1:

"What is this cowardice? I have little doubt that Biscuit is mafia, he's far too clever for his own good and being too smart in analysing the situation. I say he IS mafia and you are just being a weak follower. Maybe you are just trying to draw attention from yourself by following Biscuit's vote?! And what does "being consistent" have to do with this? You must vote on who you think is mafia not voting because you want to be consistent.

If I am not presented with new evidence until voting time I'll vote either for Oblivion who talks too much or for Biscuit who thinks things over way too hard or for Neb who has been far too quiet.

Being Jewish I never get anything from Santa and this time in this game, I have a chance as a good boy to finally get a present from Santa if we survive. I am not voting just to "be consistent"!

a) I'm following BISCUIT?
b) You've obviously never seen the previous mafia vote threads.
c) You've missed my meaning of "consistancy".
d) And probably most important to the game: that's a fairly strong accusation against Biscuit. The exclamation points speak for themselves.

Number 2.
"I haven't and your previous games have nothing to do with anything. We are judging things based on what happens not being lemmings."

a) My previous games have everything to do with the "consistancy" issue.
b) It also explains my vote.
c) It also explains the REASONING behind my vote.
d) Read Wastelands' post further up, this might explain a bit.
e) I totally agree with judging things as they happen. Problem is, nothings' happened yet.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 04:33

Darkguy... that is a serious breach of confidentiality and you being a total jerk. Shame on you.

Since you like points (bullets) so much I'll do the same:

1. If I ever thought of sharing things with you in private I will never do so again, and I hope that the mafia gets you ASAP for being such a weak comrade. So much for banding together against the bad guys. Huh!

2. I clearly said that I have no evidence against Corflu. I also said that he might very well be mafia and maybe he isn't. The thing is that I don't know and thus will wait to see how things swing. If he hangs and turns out to be mafia then great, one step closer I'll be to my first Christmas gift.

3. You are being weak! You resort to the worst kind of behaviour which includes exposure of private messages (in which btw I tell you that you're an arse). If I thought so before, I do so even more now because you are not making any coherent statements, pertaining to act 'consistently' and not having the backbone to call your own shots. This on top of just being a Yes-man to Biscuit makes me suspicious that you and Biscuit are the Mafia guys. How convenient that you can now hang to the private messages between us, in order to draw attention away from yourself.

4. You accused Oblivion, then accused Corflu and eventually chose to just do whatever Biscuit says and all in the name of 'consistency'. If that is not suspicious, talkative behaviour on top of being indiscreet, then I don't know what mafia is.

5. Last point: seeing where things stand at the moment I will make my decision. I think that Biscuit is the Mafia and the Boss mafia manipulating little, impressionable Darkguy. Thus I am voting now against Darkguy. One mafioso less and one personal move against indiscretion.

PS 6. Lots has happened darkguy. I hope you hang and turning out to be mafia will be an added bonus.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 10:06

Well, there sure is some interesting slinging going on!

Dark- I have to agree with Sanshiro about revealing private messages...not cool. Although that fact doesn't, of itself, make me think you are mafia, it does make me put an asterisk next to your name for future personal reference. I think you were just trying to shed some light on something the rest of us were unaware of...just not the right way to do it.

I really don't have any 'gut' feelings toward anybody.

It's possible that Corflu's "I'm new" play is suspicious...but it also may be that he's "new".

Sanshiro's ranting could be suspicious, but then again, Sanshiro has always been a ranter

Coop's "I've been busy" may be suspicious, but then again, with X-Mas being today, maybe he really was just busy.

The only thing that really jumps out is Oblivions stunt. There are better ways to get the conversation started than claiming to be a 'special' role, than retracting the statement. He's done it before and, if I remember correctly, it caused him to get voted out then too. So if you pull some kind of stunt that gets you voted off, why in the world would you do it again?!?

So either Oblivion's mafia that made a mental blunder...or he's an innocent townie that made a mental blunder. Either way, mental blunders get you voted for. Oblivions got my vote unless something else happens to make me reconsider...

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 11:18

Darkguy was right to come forward. It is AGAINST THE RULES to talk about the game in PM's. The game can only move forward when matters are discussed IN-THREAD. If mafia weren't such a fragile thing on WoL, I'd modkill you right now, Sanshiro.

I won't, though. But don't break the rules again. There's a reason that out-of-thread discussion is against the rules. Mafia is a great game...bending the rules will make it less of one.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 11:48

Well, I must have not understood the rules Sage.

This will not happen again if only because I can't trust Darkguy not to tell. And it wasn't as if he exposed it because it was a breach of rules.

However, for some reason I thought that private messages in-game were alright while... ... nevermind. My bad.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 12:18

Rule #5

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 14:52

:S I'm being voted for on a misunderstanding. I WAS NOT following Biscuit, you've missed the reasoning of my vote. I take it then that you DIDN'T read the other mafia threads.
Fine, you can try to muster up numbers to lynch me, but that'll almost practically win the game for the Mafia.

And if you check the vote thread I never voted for Corflu, so why were you so worked up about it?

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 15:08

Putting aside the reasoning for voting against you, and ignoring my breach of the rules (i.e. no private messages), I am worked up about the fact that you revealed a private conversation to the public. that wasn't nice.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 19:23

Yeah, it was just being "busy". I wasn't even able to log in enough to move in my 12 hour game once a turn for the past few turns. Activity isn’t going to really show much in the beginning here because of the holiday in my opinion.

That’s why, for now at least, I don’t see anything to condemn Neb. He was getting busy at work before Christmas and he hasn’t been on for over 24 hours at this point too. It becomes suspicious, but not anything real to go off of…

I might have been quick to cast suspicion on Corflu based solely on his new factor. When I was writing that post I had just read over all the previous posts again and something about his second post kept sticking out in my mind. It is the fact that he refers to “the townspeople,” disassociating him from us and then he continued soon after with, “do you just vote.” Both of those references would seemingly deny any association with the good kids in my opinion. I could understand a mistake in word usage once, but twice has roused my suspicions…

I agree with Wasteland that the only real suspicious behavior came from Oblivion. Mainly by this:
“All: If you look at every game I've played, well just about every, I have always claimed to be what I am not. This time I did it first to get discussion started. I will recant my claim and take Nuetral for 1000, Mr. Trebect.”
His start off claim was admitted to be false by his own words, but I find it strange to claim a special role instead of a townsperson. Special roles seem to attract the attention of the mafia (bad kids) since without them interfering their chances go up. So why would he want to attract the mafia’s attention so early unless he knew he couldn’t…

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 19:47

Two main points then my own personal views.

First:
Sans-Who's read the rules now? *Squiggly face* haha

Second:
Coopels-Well, if I claim to be special, and I am actually completely normal, then the mafia will kill me, and our special men will continue to live. That is one form of logic behind it. Another example is that if I truly AM a special, then I have thoroughly placed doubt in everyone's mind about what I am, thus the mafia may be hesitant to kill me off, not wanting to waste a potentially potent kill on an impotent "nice child". Thirdly, I may simply be mafia confusing the hell out of all of you.

As I was quoted, I maintain my current claim of neutrality, but I must say, I am waiting for someone to grasp my logic...

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 25 December 2006 - 19:51

Oh, and I shall now cast my vote against Wasteland for this quote...

"So either Oblivion's mafia that made a mental blunder...or he's an innocent townie that made a mental blunder. Either way, mental blunders get you voted for. Oblivions got my vote unless something else happens to make me reconsider..."

Well, one of two things. You are anxious to get me voted off because you are mafia and I am a guarantee of another day for all mafia members. Or, you are a townie who doesn't appreciate the mental depth I bring to the game. Without me, I believe the game would be extremely... drab...

Either way, I cast my vote on Wasteland.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 26 December 2006 - 04:17

OK. one last post from me until we finally witness whether we were right or not.

I admit that my vote for Darkguy is fuelled more by my anger at his indiscretion than my analysis at his actions. I would also apologise to Darkguy at this moment for my outburst, justified or not.

(btw, darkguy, the vote thread is just a vote thread, I don't think there's a need for slogans next to your vote there. The explanations should be posted here, in this thread.)

I might have seen too much into Darkguy's befuddled explanation though that doesn't make me stop suspecting him or Biscuit who is far too clever for his own good.

Thus the only two people who stand out at the moment are Oblivion with his 'honest to G*d I'm something else' statement and Neb who usually has quite a bit to say and this time is rather quiet. So between the two I'd pick Oblivion.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 26 December 2006 - 08:49

Well, I have to tell you that I am now convinced more than ever that both Corflu and Sanshiro are the mafia. Sanshiro went overboard in defending Corflu and throwing accusations out to just about everyone else. Oblivion thru his usual blundering did manage to get both Corflu and Sanshiro to jump on the "lynch Oblivion" bandwagon a bit too early. Corflu has backtracked and tried to cover his earlier over-eagerness. Both have thrown accusations around rather freely.

Oblivion is just too obvious and he does silly things like this in every game. Corflu I know too well and his behaviour is more than suspicious. And Sanshiro never defends anyone unless it directly benefits himself. So I will vote for one of them and I suggest everyone else do as well. We only have two shots at getting this right because our townie numbers start out so low.

I see that darkguy as already voted for Sanshiro, so that will be my vote as well.

<<   1 2 3 4   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap