HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 23:07  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
1 2 3 4   >>
AuthorTopic : Christmas Mafia!
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 13:59

Rules

1. Votes should be placed in the vote thread in the following format

Vote 1: Sage

If you change your vote, simply edit the post like so:

Vote 1: Sage
Vote 2: Mog

NEVER delete evidence of a vote.

2. The day will end after a simply majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players, plus one, rounded down) to lynch. This means that if there are 20 players to begin with, it will take 11 votes to lynch. Alternatively, if a majority can not be reached, I will either set a deadline. At the end of the deadline, the player with the most votes dies.

3. Nights will last a base of 12 hours, and no longer than 24 if it can be avoided. We only have the mafia to worry about, and they should be able to decide in that amount of time.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over (a single "Bah!' post with no game information is acceptable).

5. Do not discuss significant game issues with other players outside this thread, unless you are mafia. This includes both IRC and PMs. Innocent chat in IRC I can stand, but nothing SIGNIFICANT. This is especially true for the detective: revealing the results of investigations anywhere except the game thread will result in modkills, not only for the offending detective, but for any townies that were exposed to the information.

6. Do not directly quote any external communication with me. This includes the PMs I send you with your roles as well as any communication we may have in IRC.

7. Do not edit game posts (aside from your vote in the vote thread). It is unethical and can mess up the game thread. Double and triple postings are ok! I will be lenient at first, but if I see evidence of malicious editing, I WILL modkill.

8. Have fun, don’t be an ass, participate

The players are as follows:

Coopels
Corflu
darkguy00000
Neb
Oblivion
Wasteland

***DEAD***
Sanshiro Sugata (Naughty Child)
The Biscuit (Good Child)

Last Edited : Wednesday, 27 December 2006 - 18:09

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 13:59

This game will be played in a C9 format. That means we are using ONE of the following setups:

6 town, 2 mafia
5 town, 1 detective, 2 mafia
5 town, 1 doc, 2 mafia
4 town, 1 doc, 1 detective, 2 mafia

Nobody but me knows which. This means you shouldn't assume that there's a detective coming to save the day, or a doc to protect you.

Here are the roles, some or all of which might be used:

Your role: Nice List Child (Town)

You've behaved yourself all year and got yourself on Santa's Nice List! You expect to get lots of toy trains, sugary treats, and Teletubbies videos under your tree this year! If only those NAUGHTY children weren't spoiling everything! Each day, you get to cast a vote to get rid of one of your fellow children. Choose wisely, because if the children on the Naughty List triumph, you'll all be getting coal under the tree!

You win when all the Naughty List children are defeated.

Your role: Naughty List Child (Mafia)

You haven't behaved so well this year, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get any toys! What's so special about those "nice list" children, anyways? They're boring! You and your partner, _______, plan to get all of THEIR toys, since you won't be getting any of your own. Each night, you and your partner can do away with one of nice children while they sleep. As long as you can prevent yourself from being detected, you'll be up to your ears in presents for sure! PM the moderator your night action each night.

You win when the number of mafia equals or exceeds the number of town (and thus makes it impossible for them to muster a day lynch).

Your role: Mom (Doctor)

As a mother, you know how kids think. You know that tempers get a little frayed around Christmas time, with the excitement and all. You never expected, though, the lengths that the Naughty List Children would go to this year! As an adult, however, you have a bit of power. You can protect one child each night, and if the naughty children try anything…well…naughty, against that child, you can prevent it. PM the moderator your night action each night.
You win with the town.

Your role: Santa (Detective)

This should be obvious. You are Santa, and you have in your possession THE LIST OF GOOD AND EVIL! It details which children have been naughty and which have been nice. Each night, you can consult your list by PMing the moderator and asking the identity of one child. You will receive back either "Naughty" or "Nice." The information is yours to do with what you will.

You win with the town.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 14:07

It's Christmas time again! Time for sleigh bells, mistletoe, and murder.

Wait, murder?

Yes! Murder!

The children, horrified, looked out the window. The snow was red with blood. A dead reindeer lay in the front lawn.

This was obviously the work of the NAUGHTY children. If they'd kill one of Santa's reindeer (let's pray it wasn't Rudolph), where would they stop?

There was only one course of action available: kill the naughty children before they killed everyone else.
----------------------------
It is now Daytime, December 22nd. With 8 players alive, it will take 5 to lynch. Happy holidays, and happy hunting!

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 15:43

Alright, in an attempt to clear up this game. I will tell you all, I am not either of the mafia nor the citizens. I am a special character. I shall not say which, but I will tell you all that I am innocent of mafia ties.

SO, now we know that there is atleast one special character in this set up, so we can narrow down the set up...

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 16:13

Oblivion, have you read the instructions?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 16:56

Oblivion is lying, because there IS a setup with no special character. So we can't all blindly assume he's telling the truth. Blindly following has led to more than one game lost to the mafia that could have been townie wins.

By the by, we also need to think of a lynch. I know it's very difficult to think on the first day, as we have very little evidence to base it on, but I'm not quite sure if theres' a "No Lynch" option. But even if there was, I'd prefer our odds of 1/3.5 to hitting a mafia to there 1/1 of hitting an innocent. But I, personally, would prefer wait for more posting before I fling around some accusations.

This post is also to show everyone that I am active .

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 16:59

Something I forgot, 'coz theres' no editing:

1. Sage, is there a "No Lynch" option?
2. When does Day 1 end?
3. Can the doc protect himself?

Oblivion, you'd better hope we're playing with setup Number Four because otherwise... you're toast.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 17:22

(1. There is a No Lynch option.

(2. There will be no deadline set for Day 1 at this time. Since this is a small game, I'm encouraging you guys to REALLY, REALLY think before you take action. There shouldn't be any "well, let's just lynch so and so and see what happens." Present cases, look at the evidence, and decide who is most likely to be mafia. If it takes a week of posting to determine that, so be it. It will be more satisfying in the end for whoever wins.

(3. The doctor can not protect themselves.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 18:38

Alrighty guys.

First.
Sans: I did read the rules, why do you reference them?

Second.
DG: Why do you say I am lying due to the fact that I claim a special role, based on the fact that there is ONE set up without a single special role?

Third.
All: If you look at every game I've played, well just about every, I have always claimed to be what I am not. This time I did it first to get discussion started. I will recant my claim and take Nuetral for 1000, Mr. Trebect.

Fourth.
All:I believe that the best thing to do on day one is to see what everyone says, lets make this a nice looong day.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 19:04

"I claim to be what I am not" - Oblivion

That isn't exactly a stirring argument especially considering you claimed a special role.

No lynch isn't exactly a great alternative to lynching. I think we'd be better off making a logical guess, I know that there is no way we can be sure on Day 1.

Think...
We have two basic cases.
a) We hit a mafia, and they hit us. It goes down to one mafia, four citizens, we have (approximately) two days.
b) We hit a citizen, and they hit another. It goes to two mafia, three town, and we need to hit one.

Compared to No Lynch:
c) We do nothing, they hit someone. It goes down to two mafia and four town, and we still only have one day.

So lets weigh up our options, measured in days left:
Best-Case Scenario: We lynch and hit. We get TWO days.
Middle-Case Scenario: We don't lynch. We get ONE day.
Worst-Case Scenario: We lynch and miss. We get ONE day.

Therefore, looking at it completely logically, we want to lynch, for even MISSING leaves us with the same survival time as not lynching.

Of course I have left out the added dimension of the special roles, which will no doubt have an effect on my calculation.

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Saturday, 23 December 2006 - 21:57

Too complex thinking for me. I think one of the other jealous reindeer did it!

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 00:29

This has finally started! OK, short and simple....I am a nice kid. But I would not tell anyone if I had a special role or not. Why get yourself targeted by the bad kids (mafia) if you do?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 09:07

Ugh...how did Oblivion get in this game? His twisted thinking always ends up hurting the good kids (civilians) in this game...and it's hurts my head.

I'd encourage everyone to wait on their vote...with Christmas and all, I'm sure people will not be as active as they normally would be.

Although I am quite impressed with the list of players that are in this one...it's going to be hard to root out those evil kids.

And already Oblivion has me baffled...

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 09:26

It physically hurts me saying this but 'Neb is correct', and I refer to his words about Oblivion's "Twisted thinking". It doesn't hurt my head or had me baffled, but this WILL require much careful thought.

Personally I don't mind waiting until after Christmas if this is what everyone (inc. Sage) wants.

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 09:53

Ok, we're finally going on this.

I agree with Neb...what the hell are you doing Oblivion?!?

That claim and retractment makes absolutely no sense to me at all, other than to put a bullseye on your own back.

But I do guess it got things kicked off!

I can/will vote whenever everyone else is ready to...whether it be today or 2 days from now.

Never easy to pick someone the first day though. Initially Oblivion has definitely acted the most 'questionable' thus far with that crazy stunt of his, so he has my vote for the moment.

Waiting for others thoughts on the matter....

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 11:17

Being new to all of this I am seeing that Oblivion is saying he is something else because he is really a mafia. Or at least that is what I think I know from what little I know about how to guess. Can the townspeople discuss who they want to select or do you just vote?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 13:49

I would like to take a moment to laugh hysterically.

Guys. I claimed to be something important for the sole reason of starting conversation, and it kept in character from my previous games. Had I not claimed something, I would be even MORE suspicious. I asssure you I have no intent of confounding anyone, it was a mindless jape.

Now, to business. Corflu has gone out of his way to vote for me, when everyone else is holding their votes back. I believe this is slightly suspicious....

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 15:12

Oblivion, you really haven't developed a knack for this game yet. And blurting out things just gets you killed early. I do not know which you are for sure, but I suspect you are a townie who's just blundering his way thru this again.

On the otherhand, while Corflu is new to this game, I have known him too long and usually know when he is being cagey. He's a little too entralled with this game at this stage for him to be a normal townie. And he's a little too anxious to have Oblivion lynched.

There are some of us here who think things through pretty well (maybe over-analyze stuff...lol), so I wouldn't be surprised to see me taken out by the mafia during the night turn. But for right now, my gut tells me that Corflu is mafia.

Sanshiro Sugata
Joined 17/07/2005

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 16:33

Biscuit, you are correct- "blurting out things just gets you killed early"- and Oblivion might be trying just a tad too hard.

I'm not so sure about Corflu being cagey... I have never heard the man say more than two sentences at once.

Maybe he is mafia, maybe not, I would reserve sentence on that for now and not draw attention to myself by making such intimate analysis as you have Biscuit! I would consider this also as trying just a tad too hard!... No?!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 17:30

Hm, remember, Corflu's new to this, so he probably wouldn't know that to vote early is "suspicious".

And Oblivion, all I must say is that I say you're acting suspicious. Either you're a mafia and we want to kill you, or your a townie and we want to kill you, because right now I can't find a plausible alternative, and also you're making my head hurt. .

I'm going to play consistant though, and vote for Corflu.

1 2 3 4   >>
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap