HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.8 MAY 2024 00:53  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3   >>
AuthorTopic : How to win a clan game
cardfan_stl
Joined 25/10/2003

Posted : Monday, 21 February 2005 - 13:23

I think I rather "explicitly stated" it myself.

Card

savetuba
Joined 5/11/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 13:43

gee and I thought most people wouldn't get angery if someone beat them to the punch with their own work.

Sage; I wasn't angry with that pic. At the time it was hugh and was causing several troubles on the server so I took it down and re-sized it and put it with my other collection of images that will be released once I get the new site finished.

Now this is just a game and why people bother to get so worked up over it...wait...It must be that this game is some people's lives and they are afraid of others doing anything to hurt their pathetic lives. Seriously, grow up. If you didn't want anyone taking your work, if it is your work, you should have protected it our made sure you got it out to everyone. It is a cruel world out there and obviously this game isn't exempt from it.

Fanatic
Joined 12/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 15:36

Now there is an interesting way to justify flagrant plagiarism

I expect all card would really have liked is a disclaimer at the top:
'Much of this was written by card, but I've added in my own additional comments and insights where I felt appropriate'

cardfan_stl
Joined 25/10/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 18:23

I would have liked savetuba to ask me before using it.

As to his thoughts on why I'm angry... It has nothing to do with this game being my world (hell, I took nearly 4 months off from it and am only playing in one clan game at the moment). It has everything to do with intellectual property rights.

If savetuba had asked me about it I would have asked to see what he was adding. If I didn't agree with it (as I don't much of this) I wouldn't want him to use my thoughts. Additionally, as he's not exactly been kind to my clanmates in the past I probably wouldn't have bent over backwards to let him use something I wrote.

I WOULD however be OK if all he did was post what I posted and said that it was mine.

He, however, did none of this.

Again, I did not get angry because I wanted to keep all of this "secret" but because you basically stole my intellectual property and passed it off as your own. Additionally, I am angry because you mixed my thoughts with sub-standard ones and worsened the essay. I would not mind collabarating with someone on something, but they need to ask me beforehand AND they need to bring something of quality to the project as well.

And really, well, I'm not actually "angry" now. I'll admit the first two posts I made on this subject (visible here) I was pretty steamed. But as those around here who know me better I often get rather angry at something at first, but cool down quite a bit after taking a break. I really should learn not to post anything RIGHT after I get pissed off.

Card

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 19:31

Savetuba says "If you didn't want anyone taking your work, if it is your work, you should have protected it our made sure you got it out to everyone. It is a cruel world out there and obviously this game isn't exempt from it."

Your morals are on display once again, ST. Sad, really sad.

Funky
Joined 28/10/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 13 April 2005 - 17:58

bummpity bump

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 15 April 2005 - 01:47

Thanks for the bump, Funky.

I hadn't noticed this plagiaristic expose...what a weener Mr. Tuba is!

www.mpogd.com

Vote like it was your vocation.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 15 April 2005 - 02:46

Mog
I call your attention to your "Wishy-washy" thread where you suggested that we include the "mpogd" with our posts.
I've been including it in my posts because of that.
I do read most of the threads of interest to me but I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm including "mpogd" to be a "copycat" and I didn't say that anyone said I'm being a "copycat";
but I feel better now.

TR

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Friday, 15 April 2005 - 17:55

*Laughs hystericly at picture of savetuba...looks away, stops laughing...looks back...laughs until he pees his pants...changes pants...looks again...laugh...look..laugh...and so on*
Sorry, Savetuba, but your lecturing people on getting a life other than WOL? C'mon. Gemme a break. Copying that article would of been sorta ok, but CITE THE THING!!! Also, at least have the guts to admit you were wrong!!! Humility pays off, believe it or not. Running around and bashing people with a styrofoam sword never made people like you. Please...

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 15 April 2005 - 19:28

(off topic) TR, put the
www.mpogd.com
in EVERY post! I want everybody to do this every time! I am insane! Yay!

Now back to the story of the weener and his life...

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 13:23

*Looks at Savetubas homepage*
giggle
giggle
giggle

Weapon building seminar?
Heres what happens at them--
Ok, everyone, take the baseball bat and stick the tube on it. If you know what you actually do with a baseball bat, you should leave now. We only accept hard-core nerds. Now, we chase eachother around with our "swords" and beat eachother up. Yay!

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 13:38

demos please shut your mouth.. you wasn't here when savetuba did and neither was i... i think it's is very low to diss somebody who is hated by everybody while you don't even know why they hate him exactly....

Ghengis Khan
Joined 24/03/2003

Posted : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 13:49

Hey hanky I don't hate save. Granted I have only played in one clan game against him and never encountered him, but I don't hate him.

Now trusting him is something else entirely. But I can like the guy with out trusting him.

Demo before you knock another players hobbies you should think about what you do and how stupid it can appear to others. Its been a long time since I bashed a person with a bat or was hit with one. It was fun but it sure would have been nice to be using foam back then.

Last Edited : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 15:48

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 15:07

for me it doesn't matter who likes savetuba or who doesn't like him... i just can't stand the fact that players who joined in 2005 are bashing somebody else because of his stupid actions 2 years ago...

and also when you want to bash someone, try to bash someone who has a reputation cause i learned that chickens always pick to the chickens under them ... and when you are picking at savetuba ( who is for most of the players the lowest of the lowest) then i guess you don't have a good feeling about yourself do you demos?

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 17 April 2005 - 19:48

lolz hanky,it was less than half year ago.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 02:34

Let's get back to the actual topic, plagiarized or not...

How DOES one win a clan game? I've only been in 2 of them so far. The first one I was a baby factory. The second one was a blowout. Now I'm in my third one. What seems easy is hard. Let me hear more from you old clansters about strategy, communications, etc.

www.mpogd.com
No vote, get on the boat.

Demosthenes
Joined 26/02/2005

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 11:20

Well, I think that the secret to winning a clan game is good communication. If you coordinate your attacks, you can have a 3:1 advantage on your enemy.

And, Hanky, it is true that one should not judge someone before getting to know someone, but I believe that plagurism is a reason to be shamed.

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 13:14

i think savetuba is shamed enough and that that is the reason that he isn't active in a game

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 13:27

Not exactly. savetuba just changed his name to Bad_Gremlin and started another name here.

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 14:09

nah well another name another chance he seems to have the willingness to make all the things right he did wrong in the past

<<   1 2 3   >>
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.161133 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap