HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 19:58  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3 4 5   >>
AuthorTopic : Taking out the Target..
Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 11:24

"I really hope you are joking Luca advocating Alliance breaking as a tactic."

No I'm not joking.

"BAH ok admittedly i aint played much but NOW im going to be totally paranoid all cos of you luca anyhoo i just send spearmen in first and make it so the stack is completely destroyed to clear the way for the real troops to mash maceman or whatever"

Lol, don't mention it.

Some of you may be interested in knowing my current 'tactic' basicly I've convinced my two neighbours that the other is planing on attacking, as such they've both said they're going to attack the other first before they get a chance. Lol.

Luca Blight

Uglyleopard
Joined 8/12/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 14:00

ooh dats evil my latest tactic is to ally with everyone in the game then retire to my island paradise (needs a bit of work though i mean you have to choose the right season to go in...)

Klavert500
Joined 3/10/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 14:02

Note to me: try to teach Luca some manners by killing him everytime i encounter him

Gutterfly
Joined 19/01/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 16:53

Luca, first off, long time no see...do you remember me?
But anyway, you got the game down, you remind me of what I did in an LMS game. I got pushed back by my enemy's ambush, so I called in an ally to help me at one front while I went straight in for the enemy's castle. I called in another ally for help, sparing the details that so and so was my ally. They tore each other up while I took a castle from my enemy. Then I moved in later to destroy the remnants. I'm just that smart.

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 17:50

"Note to me: try to teach Luca some manners by killing him everytime i encounter him "

Lol, come get some tbh. :x

Btw long time no see Gutterfly. We met in my very first campaign if I'm not mistaken.

Luca

Kagemusha
Joined 16/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 20:33

Well in that case good luck in your future games when everyone doesn't trust you. Ask Savetuba what happens to NAP breakers when they play with people who have an idea of what honour is.

I hope you do not drive anyone from this game with your low lying tactics, and I am sure you will get what you deserve if you try it in the higher ranked games.

Silva Husky
Joined 13/01/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 22:10

Amen

Oops thought this was General chat....got mixed up with the forum....

Last Edited : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 22:16

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 22:25

/me sheds a small tear for Kagemusha.

I have an idea for you Kagemusha. Connect to IRC and type '/join #care' I'm sure someone there will give a crap.

Damnit I'm so sick of you good guys.

Luca

Kagemusha
Joined 16/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 22:40

Well you might find that far more people here give a crap about your intended tactics than they do about me.

But I wont get into a sling match with you, you have clearly stated your method of play. It demonstrates that you have no real ability as you have to resort to tricking people to beat them. Also your ranking indicates you are either not very good at that tactic as well, or else the other players decide to take you out rather than have a backstabber in their midst.

Gutterfly
Joined 19/01/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 10 February 2004 - 22:47

gentleman, don't let this elevate any higher, in the forums at least. Im pretty sure this thread has gone quite off-topic...

the cat
Joined 10/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 03:36

Well I've only met Lucas in one campaign, and apparent from his abysmal spelling (which seems to have improved a little) I found him to be very pleasant. So pleasant that he rolled over and showed his soft underbelly to me during the game (it was an ultra, which obviously doesn't count though).

But I think it's great to have some sneaky players in the game. I don't make alliances, and only stay true to NAPs because I know what'll happen to me in subsequent games. Lucas will find this out, no doubt, and then he'll have the choice of becoming a boring goody goody, or staying evil. Whichever he chooses, best of luck to him.

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 06:58

"Also your ranking indicates you are..."

Please don't judge my skill by my ranking, the last few games I played were cut short due to yet another CPU problem, thus I ranked poor in my last three campaigns and have been away from this game for a very long time.

"Im pretty sure this thread has gone quite off-topic..."

Whilst it's ture that Mr. Opinionated (Kage) here seems to be getting a bit personnal I think the topic of whether under handed tactics are useful or not should be dicussed more in-depth.

"Well I've only met Lucas in one campaign..."

UH-OH - HERE COMES THE SPELLING POLICE!! Do you get on at everyone whos spelling is not up to scratch? Heh.

Anyway, I THINK I remember you. Were you the player who got 2 other players to fight vs. me? If not, no matter, the only Ultra game I can remember involved getting attacked by 3 players, which was fun.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with sneaky players. You could say this is sort of a confession, but it's not like I don't know when to keep my under handed tactics put away and show some skill in the battlefeild. It's just that in those particular games I saw a means to take advantage of some players and then own the Game early on. What the hell is wrong with thatI ask ye?

Luca

Last Edited : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 07:11

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 07:04

Here's something for you to think on...

What is worse - tricking another player, or being tricked by another player.

Personally being tricked by another player is worse to me as it would just go to show how pathetic and wraped up I am in all this "honour" bull.

Eg:

If I have a NAP with someone who is getting owned and is probably about to loose his/her castle, I'll break the NAP and try get that castle for myself.

If my neighbour (NAPed or Allyed) is foolish enough to leave his/her castle ENTIRLY undefended becuase he/she 'trusts' me not to attack it then it serves them right when I come and take it for myself.

And I'll play like this untill I decide that (as the cat says) it would be best to change my playing style. I doubt very much I'll become a 'goody' player though, they're all so boring...

Last Edited : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 07:13

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 07:08

Just to finish off - I think if you decide to employ under handed tctics in your Games then freinds (not players you've NAPed with etc.) should be exempt from being back stabbed. I can't see myself turning on friends I sometimes play Games with, like Gutterfly (met in my first ever campaign) , Mal Kavian (if he still plays, he owes me a Harley) and grumpalot (the mans a legend).

Luca

Michyl de Ruyter
Joined 22/10/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 08:37

Well Luca I spotted your reply in another thread and I didn't get it then. However reading over your "Strategy" I find a lot of simmilarities. (Cat sorry for spelling but not all players here are native English speakers) I now can understand why you said that he/she was stupid to trust his allies not to fall over him/her. It seems to me there are players who value their alliances as the paper it is written on (no paper hence no value at all). I for me as a not verry experienced player (yes i'll score the own goal as it is bound to pop-up in the reply of Luca) it seems verry nice of you Luca to warn us in advance of your treacheruss behaiviour. Obviously you don't give a rats ass about Honor and crap like that. Well good for you and thank you for letting us know. I hope you only play as Luca and not as some other player/character so I stay a warned man (which counts for two in our local saying). IMO there should be some honor in this game and by playing the way you describe you do you take that away so thank for devaluating this game! Furthermore if you only use alliances to get at your allies why not be frank about it and leave it at NAP's?

I really don't know why I'm bothering to reply to this crap (whipes his mouth and tries to swallow the bile coming up from my stomach) couse this Luca egotrip really pisses me off. I think of this actions as dispiccable and stand greatly flabergasted at the replies i'm reading. When Secutor "cheated" Rog everybody called him a dispicable player (I was amongst them) and now I read reactions of sympathy, i really don't get where this game is going...

*Shakes his head in disbelieve and signes off*

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 08:56

OMG just... OMG. Three words for you; "Get Over Yourself"

I honestly find it hard to believe that you are honestly discusted in my style of playing, granted it's pretty harsh and nasty but come on, what WAS that pap you just spouted off? Normally I would take comments like yours apart but I have a mock to revise for so maybe some other time?

Seriously though if you think a wargame that has some players who use harsh tactics is truely disgusting then you need to go and play some more games.

From what I can see the WarOnline player base seems to be geared more towards the patheticly honest (Chaotic Good for AD&D fans ^^) type of players.

Luca

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 09:19

There is nothing pathetic on being honest Luca.

I think it deserves more merit those who do it right out of belive, than those that take the easy/lazy path and cut corners to advance.

I will not critizice your style of play, is up to you.

But please do not critize honest people, because you get into a terrain that is not know to you, therefore you can't speak about it.

I'm honest in what I say, do, think, and even how I play. I think honesty is the base of a human.

Any additional words that you have just please keep them to yourself, your comedy act of being frivolous malefic, cold, a calculated thorough killer do not impress me at all. Please do not try to be what you are not, and if you wish to be as to what your personal quote presents ... your far from that. Sorry but it is true.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 09:26

Sorry Luca, I think I sounded too harsh in my posting, but for me and how I was raised, honesty is intrical, and it is a VERY sensible issue.

Again i truly appology for lashing my anger to you.

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 09:28

I find there is no true honesty between people in an alliance made for one game, my loyalty lies with my friends.

And yes, for the record, I am role playing Luca Blight to a large extent, but so what? I'm enjoying it and if people can learn to not take me 'too' seriously then I think others will enjoy it too. I'm nice irl. :x 'Honest'

Luca

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 February 2004 - 09:30

Lol, don't worry about it.

Did it feel good to get a bit... dare I say it... 'nasty'?

Luca

<<   1 2 3 4 5   >>
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap