HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 21:48  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
1 2 3 4 5   >>
AuthorTopic : Taking out the Target..
geneyous
Joined 7/09/2003

Posted : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 18:46

Ive herd and seen many ways to take "the target".

"the target" being that first Castle that you eye in the begining. The one thats between you and your friend or ally. Or the one in the Corner spot you want. And so on...
__
The most common way.
Once the Target has been selected for whatever reason, they then make a beeline, straight for it with the units They have, catching whatever piles and buildings are allong the way. then continuing to Follow up with troops that keep ariving one by one or 2 occationally, and the Battle could draw out a little. Possibly taking 15-20 turns..(a good guess).
__
Another way, wich I prefer. Once the target has been selected, I build the army I want, and stay completly out of sight. Then all at once, SWARM the Castle at both sides with overwelming units. This takes away all 4 of there towers quickly and at once, and I move straight in the Castle, and have it destroyed in about 5 turns MAX.
Any Doors, be it a building in the doorway, or a drawbridge, or just a wall, are removed in 2 turns by hit-and-move tactics. Which is multiple quick attacks from 4 units at both sides. No time for archery to even Matter.
__
And then theres the players that build thier towers, and keep moving the archery units a little closer in each turn. WAYYY to slow for me.

Whats your Way?

Keep in mind this is the first target of the game, and I understand That later targets are filled with Balista or Marks, and different tactics are needed then.

Last Edited : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 18:51

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 19:20

well i say early rush the guy..... but i make sure i at least triple the forces in either strenght or nubers so i know i stand a chance of completing the rush...... never quite done it since ive never really taken over a castle but thats what id do.

geneyous
Joined 7/09/2003

Posted : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 19:31

through six Campaigns, you have never taken a Castle?
Tried and tested Tactics is a little more of what I had in mind

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 19:34

oh trust me it works but i myself have never tried it...... i do however talk to a few people.

Silva Husky
Joined 13/01/2001

Posted : Friday, 6 February 2004 - 21:14

Rushing is hard....easy against newbies, but against the veterans it maybe a slightly more difficult....

VivaChe
Joined 6/04/2002

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 11:25

i sometimes use the rush-tactic
there are different ways to "rush" a castle, a perfect rush should start right from the beginning and the first attack against the opponent should take place about turn 4

Fringe
Joined 30/07/2003

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 17:19

i prefer to rush...

but when the mighty 'macemen in a castle' technique is used then i have been responding with 'build a tower, shoot, build a closer tower, shoot' methods.

macmen have way too high of a defense rating... esp. when combined with their special ability...

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 22:26

I've decided you're all fools. Obviously the best way to go about taking out 'The Target' is thusly;

Tell T (Target) you wish to form an alliance in order to take out another nearby castle. Obviously the lure of being able to gang up on another opponent will be too good to resist with so much to gain so early on.

Arrange a Turn number to begin attacking.

When the Turn number is up the T's troops will begin attacking and try to destroy the other neaby castles troops.

Meanwhile, instead of commiting your troops to the battle, you've sent them straight to the T's castle, as such you begin taking over.

T then has two choices, continue fighting or retreat to defend his/her castle. If he/she decideds to stay and fight the other castle, they'll loose as they cannot get reinforcements. If they decide to go back and try get you out of the castle, they'll loose again as no doubt the other nearby castle will have sent thier troops to hound T's troops, and then they'll have the addition of your troops to fight against, so again they just can't win.

And THAT is how you take out T.

Luca

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 22:27

For the record; I am fully aware the above tactic is based on a best case seanario whereby your T is a dumb ass. :x

Thank you.

Luca

Maloc
Joined 13/10/2003

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 22:32

comes from experience Luca?

Luca Blight
Joined 22/01/2002

Posted : Saturday, 7 February 2004 - 22:34

Lol, yes, the best bit was when I got messages from the T.

"What are you doing in my castle?"

Classic.

Luca

tackedlugnut
Joined 6/09/2003

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 01:51

mental note to self: dont form an alliance with Luca

Last Edited : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 01:52

Braquemart
Joined 9/09/2002

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 05:24

Have an experience about that. I am not speaking of Luca Blight, another player tried to take my castle this way.
We were at about TURN 80, so I had marksman, HC, Knights.
The difference was that I had half of my troops near the my castle. So when he attacked me, I was able to defend myself. Also I moved back my troops far form the castle. Moving back I was attacked by another player (ally of the first one) who tried to stop me along the way to my castle.
I was able to kill the troops stopping me and to gather my troops near my castle. So I destroyed all the enemies near my castle and, finally, I moved to the enemy castle and took it.
So the backstabber was punished.
:-)))

PS - I prefer to not say who was. He will read and will recognize himself...:-)

Green Tea
Joined 1/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 07:34

To minimize macemen retal damage (or retal damage from any troop), use the max. damage adjustment rule.

Suppose your attacking stack does 2500 dmg (before max damage rule is applied). The retaliating stack does 1000 dmg.

Your damage is reduced by a factor of 2.5 (2500/2.5 = 1000 which is the maximum amount of dmg a lvl 1 unit can deal). Because the attacking stack's damage was reduced by a factor of 2.5, the retaliating stack's damage is also reduced by a factor of 2.5 (1000/2.5 = 400 dmg).

Now you've dealt 1000 dmg to your opponent's stack and only suffered 400 dmg in return, when normally you would have suffered 1000 dmg in retaliation.

Dramatically decrease the number of troops you lose in a fight by capitalizing on this rule.

--GT--

Fringe
Joined 30/07/2003

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 17:49

ahh... once again (time#3) i had forgotten that...

that is why you are still going to be a physicist and i am not...

(spherical harmonics? gamma functions? BAH!)

Green Tea
Joined 1/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 18:19

physics and I don't match anymore. but I might as well finish up the degree lol

Kagemusha
Joined 16/10/2002

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 22:07

I really hope you are joking Luca advocating Alliance breaking as a tactic.

Floyd-O-Matic
Joined 27/08/2001

Posted : Sunday, 8 February 2004 - 23:07

Perhaps so, but if this is a tactic that you advance as valid, you might discover there are problems executing it.

Uglyleopard
Joined 8/12/2003

Posted : Monday, 9 February 2004 - 11:18

BAH ok admittedly i aint played much but NOW im going to be totally paranoid all cos of you luca anyhoo i just send spearmen in first and make it so the stack is completely destroyed to clear the way for the real troops to mash maceman or whatever

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 9 February 2004 - 14:22

Paranoia is good...especially valid in Strategy and Tactics.

1 2 3 4 5   >>
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap