HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 00:05  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Wk 1, Lec 1 - "Rock-paper-scissors"
CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 13 February 2003 - 15:09

Good - Lecture 2 follows very soon :-)
In about 15 minutes or so, as soon as I've caught up with all the forum posts and typed out the 'lecture' :-)

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 10 April 2003 - 20:59

Update:

This stuff is even more important than ever now. Suffice to say that if you don't learn it at all, you will be soundly thrashed. But it is fairly easy to grasp, fortunately

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Thursday, 17 July 2003 - 11:15

True.
These lectures have slipped from the first page where newbs can easily find 'em so i'm just giving it a bump.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 26 August 2003 - 03:00

For Melee:

Basically there are 5 stages to the attack sequence (the sequence the game does it might not be the same, but the steps are)

[1]
First the raw damage to be inflicted is calculated, this is done by multiplying the stack size by the Battle Points% (BP%).
Then we calculate the range of the damage which is the minimum damage (nD) of the stack plus a random number from 0 to the difference of maximum damage (xD) minus minimum damage, this effectibly gives a numer that is from nD to xD.
This random number is multiplied by the first calculated number and it will be the raw damage.

[2]
Second is the calculation of the Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS) modifier.
If the attack is R->S, S->P, P->R then there is a plus 30% to the attack.
If the attack is R->P, S->R, P->S then there is a minus 30% to the attack.

[3]
The attack modifier of the attacker is compared against the defend modifier of the defender.
If the attack modifier is higher than the defense modifier, then the difference is doubled, if is lower is left as is.
This number is divided over 100 to make it a % value.

[4]
Special modifier are taken into account. Like the 50% chance of Heavy Cavalry of doing maximum damage, like the 50% chance of the Falchioniers of doing 50% extra damage, etc.
Also the troop of the day modifier will go here.

[5]
The net damage is calculated by multipliying the raw damage by the RSP modifier plus the attack modifier and then adding the raw damage.

The number of troops that die is the division of the net damage over the defenders Hit Points (HP).

Experience if calculated by multiplying the number of troops that died by that stack experience.

Retaliation is done the same way but now the defenders becomes the attacker and the attacker becomes the defender, taking into account the ability of the defender to defend itself, that is not being attacked by Knights, and having enough Defense Points (DP%)

Last Edited : Thursday, 4 November 2004 - 15:33

Sir Derrin
Joined 25/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 2 June 2006 - 21:16

As a certified newbie I will say thanks!

dave bassett england man
Joined 1/09/2006

Posted : Sunday, 22 October 2006 - 08:51

In gueritol's example what BP% would the defending unit get? Is it the actual BP number of the defending unit or does the defending unit always get 100% BP. You cant see the defending units BP.

My question is this. Im i better waiting until my attacking bp is 100%. Or attacking ASAP with units of say 50% bp.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 5 November 2007 - 00:30

sorry, these posts are very out of date: the game no longer uses a bp system.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 5 November 2007 - 02:19

That would be 100% always!

Oleg The Wise
Joined 23/05/2008

Posted : Friday, 23 May 2008 - 16:16

This is very helpful - thank you to the creator of this guide.

Oleg The Wise

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.153992 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap