HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.28 APR 2024 23:18  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
1 2 3   >>
AuthorTopic : We need a miracle at Waronline
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 28 October 2014 - 16:57

We have twelve active players as I write this. That is nuts. I guess the real competition now is to see who is the last crazy guy still here!

I wish I was smarter. I want to find a way to flood this game with players. There are BILLIONS of people who could join! We just need thousands!

Fraud is always a good way to start, I think. If we could could just lie to kids and make them think this is the cooooolest beans on the interneebs then we might have ten million new buddies, crashing Requiem's server, dousing him with easy money and making us the kings of the newest sensation on the web "Retro-War"!

The problem isn't being a liar, it's having a lot of people hear and believe your lie. That's why I'll be taking hostages and ransoming them as new players enter the game. First, I am taking LOD prisoner and telling the media that as a trans-national war-game strategy spy, he will only be released when 10,000 new players have joined WOL. Then it's Ultima after that. And so on.

Soon, we will be playing in games with hundreds of players, all wishing they were as nifty neat and keen as us. Eventually all the people on earth will have joined up.

I may be exaggerating slightly.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 07:25

I am working on this. Have some patience, I really am working on this.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 09:05

I have tried recruiting various people of ranging ages ,and this game just seems to tick all the boxes for not being what people want, ranging from too complicated, too slow ,not accessible (getting beyond the password caused one problem) and not being available on androids.
I reckon we're a small group who cant let go of a game that's different from all other online games, and hey, we enjoy it, it would be better with more players and more activity . Good luck to UB and Mog with the plans to increase traffic, and if I think of anything I'll let you know ,but nothing yet.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 12:01

Mog,
here's my two cents:
Debates ... people love to argue
And short free for all four player camps of 60 turns or even less.

That was the last game I played and we loved it.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 12:04

PS:
The news is full of controversial crap and as much as I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt because of having no house support, I now think he should be impeached because of his Ebola policy.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 14:58

Impeached? For his quick response to this disaster? Why? Reagan didn't even talk about AIDS while it killed thousands, he thought it was a gay disease and therefore not worth bothering with. Obama immediately promised to send a large amount of aid and support, although I think using the Army for this is a bad idea since they are not peace-keepers, they are warriors going into an area where they are not liked.

Still, impeached? He didn't do anything traitorous like Nixon or G.W. Bush. At best I think you should send him a nasty email care of the White House, I'm sure he'll pay close attention to your plea for him to step down for fighting disease.

Remember to get mad at his wife for advocating exercise and good food for kids, too.

I don't know that having a bunch of contentious debates ever helped us here, there is Facebook to be a dick on now anyway.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 15:44

Why is he against quarantining potential Ebola infected people before they get on a plane to the USA?
In a video of the congressional hearing with the CDC Doctor Fauci actually states:

*"if you have a lot of rate of infection, it takes less time"*.

Here's the video:

" www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxu1uMfRRK0#t=3774 ".

Move the control button about 2/3s of the total to find a Ms. Castor and then listen to Doctor Fauci speak immediately after her ...
His comment caused me to conclude that they're aware that folks may get infected, but it gives them more guinea pigs to get a faster cure.

Now Obama is considering bringing Ebola patients from West Africa here to my knowledge.

PS:
Yes, that's some crap putting our troops to work where they can get sick;
However, Aids although similar in that it attacks the immune system was avoidable by avoiding carefree sex, whereas Ebola apparently can be caught just by touching where an infected person placed a sweaty hand.

Don't you see the extreme inconvenience he's causing Americans not to mention the cost of tracing contacts ...
an infected doctor used the subway, went bowling and use a cab before he admitted himself, while a nurse quarantined in NJ until she was finally sent home to Maine is threatening to sue;

Yet they expect people to quarantine themselves if they've been contacted by a potential patient.
How am I to pay my bills if I'm under quarantine ...
technically I wouldn't even be able to leave a payment in my mailbox for the mailman to carry for me.

PPS:
The boss of the weather channels says global warming is all lies.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 15:45

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 16:45

Because it would be useless to quarantine only those who fly into the US (or anywhere else for that matter) People also cross borders on roads and ships. If ebola already is in the country like it is in the US you should also stop all interior travels ei: marshall laws and cerfew. An econpomy halted. The consequenses of such meassures would cause a lot more problems than ebola. Frankly I do not know what's wrong with the americans they gonuts about things that might possibly kill a small number of citizens but do not mind other things that kill by the million. Like gunlaws, smoking, poor food, poverty and much more. Erase poverty and you'll save a lot more lives (and reduce crime) than any futile meassure taken to stop virus spreading across boprders. Dicease spread where povert is , poor sanitation, too many persons in a confined space, malnutricion, lack of medicine and so on. That's where you shopuld put in the effort if you want to succeed
www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/
www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
just to put ebola in some perspective

Last Edited : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 17:53

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 18:00

Australia closed its borders to Ebola ...
Does Sweden welcome them?
Your post is more laughable than your joke LOD.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 22:28

Australia is an island if you remember? Possibly they can go on with their buissiness all alone without importing anything, I don't know. But to think you can stop a virus from traveling across borders you must be utterly stupid. As shown in the statistics in those loinks I provided you should be a lot more concerned about ordinary flu than ebola. Flu kills in five figures numbers every year in the US.Did you ever hear someone wanting to quarantine travellers because of that? Do you even have maditory flushots over there?
If it wasn't as serious it would be laughable how scare mongerers manage to spread their propaganda via certain media. That otherwise sane, logical, people with normal intellectual capacity buys them is even more scary.
Be scared of FOX and their henchmen thats where to real threat to the american public is, not from ebola...

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 02:07

Taurus, the only joke is FOX's amazing ability to blow this crap out of proportion. Ebola will never be a real issue outside of countries with poor medical infrastructure, if you are going to freak out about something, try our government's inability to sort past any decision that does not have a corporate seal with plenty of dollar signs behind it.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 04:47

God forbid Ultima, but if half a dozen New Yorkers catch Ebola because of that doctor riding the subway or going bowling, you'll change your tune real quick.

PS:
You didn't tell me if Ebola people are welcome in Sweden LOD.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 04:48

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 09:44

First of all Ebola spreads only via exchange of body fluids. As long as you do not touch an open wound, kiss or something like that you will not catch it even if you sit next to a person with it.
Ebola has been around for many years now but nothing has been done to produce vaccinations not until now when we in the west feel threatened. Should we have made more reserch in good time we would probably have had a cure by now. Instead stupid politicians have cut taxe3s and fundings for such efforts. In the end this ,like all cutbacks for finincing the common good will come back and bite you in the derrier far mopre expensive that it would have been to pay up in the first place. It's like refusing to take a fireinsurance on your house because the chance it will burn down is so low. But if it does you'll be very sorry you didn't pay that money

We do not have any restrictions on who comes and goes over our borders because of ebola. It's buissiness as usual and yes we have several staff in the area.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 10:35

So, waronline needs help, what we gonna do?

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 11:12

The game is too slow to attract people. I mean it takes months to finish a game. You need realtime games today I think, if you are to catch the interest of the many.
Turnbased game is something of the past, like chess via mail

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 12:16

Your game opinion is valid LOD, but again a 4 player camp with 60 turns seems fast enough.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 30 October 2014 - 17:35

We know there is some percentage of people who like this game, however small. In a world of seven billion people, surely we can find .0000001 percent to play here! It is a fantastic game. I wish I knew enough programming to make one similar and keep it exciting. It might flop too, but I'd feel like I had some say in it. This is Requiem's game graveyard at this point.

Never say die.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 31 October 2014 - 01:19

Im sorry, I am not making myself clear here. The goal in mind is to "recreate" this game. Once I finish a couple of other projects this gets my full attention programming wise. This game is a niche game. We are not trying to cater to a larger mainstream community overall, we want those people who naturally see the value in this game even if it is "Slow" as was stated. If we attempt to cater to anything but the niche market associated to this type of game it will fail. Just as it did the first time around when Requiem attempted it. With that said, regardless of the market, this game needs to be mobile friendly. Just give me some time and I will share what it is I am attempting to do about this.

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Friday, 31 October 2014 - 04:20

Hello People,

As i read this thread it took a twist to politics and ebola not unusual here however to combine the three topics perhaps twittering that this is a ebola free battle game may attract a few people.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Friday, 31 October 2014 - 11:22

That sounds great UB ,really looking forward to hearing about that in the future ,it could make a big difference.

And it's not a tiny Niche market . Here in the UK there's plenty of wargamers and still shops to cater for them.. Thats the reason i've stuck with this game is because it allows the playing without all the dice rolling and working out measurements etc

Also obviously the great company helps to .

The Ebola discussion should be ,may i say, perhaps copy and pasted in it's own topic or the 'smoke filled room '

1 2 3   >>
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap