HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 16:18  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Yes, No or MaybeSo (closed)
doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 20 January 2012 - 03:34

Might have to call the Geek squad,to come and check your computer.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 20 January 2012 - 12:57

Doodoomite,
the performance of the game and this site in general were fine for me before these last updates from windows and adobe (that is, I had no problems);
but I use internet explorer (that is, not foxfire or mozilla).

Anyway, did you have to do these latest updates from windows and adobe?
Do you use windows explorer?
My computer uses windows XP professional to be more specific.

To my knowledge except that my computer is generating errors all over the place now where it wasn't before I installed these latest updates, my computer is still functioning fairly well and these must all be minor errors because with exception of the one that blows me out of the map screen every time I do a build function, they don't seem to have any ill effects on my computer's function.

To give an example some errors in the past have caused my computer's function to go into slow motion and the copy/paste function would stop working causing me to have to do a restart ...
if you didn't have to do these last two updates from both adobe and windows xp not to mention even my McAfee did a couple of updates, then I don't think you can blame it on my computer.

rex

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Saturday, 21 January 2012 - 04:29

I use windows XP,and if it's not your computer,I guess it's the program itself. Sorry.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 21 January 2012 - 05:38

Did you do the updates?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 23 January 2012 - 16:01

PS:
Doodoomite,
I just wanted to say now that this problem I'm having had grown well beyond imho *whether or not to stop allowing scripts* So please don't feel that I blame you for any of this ...
this seems to do strickly with my last updates from windows and adobe.

The problem had grown to dropping error messages all over my internet connection, but again, mostly I think minor errors which still allowed basic functioning (i.e. video news still works, still navigate quickly enough and still able to copy and paste except when some more serious error occurs for examples).

The reason I'm posting again though is because I just tried deleting just my cookies and although I still get blown out of the map screen to the control screen when I build and also when I destroy with catapult, at least the *error message dropping* seems to have stopped here and in other sites also ...

got my fingers crossed though because it had reached a point where although my computer still functions, it was making think these *"geeks"* are trying to cause me to do something to trash my computer to help the economy.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 23 January 2012 - 16:34

Have you updated Flash recently?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 23 January 2012 - 23:09

You may have hit on a big part of the problem Mog ...
seems the last adobe update may have installed this version 11,1,102,55 without my realising it.
Pushing my windows xp to windows 7 is something I had been avoiding because it seemed to be like trying to ride a bike where I couldn't reach the pedals our something like that, but anyway that's the version my computer tells me it has and it doesn't seem to make a distinction for windows xp.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 5 February 2012 - 12:46

The one problem that kept reoccurying was that an error would occur when I would close a screen, but after watching a news video the voices would continue briefly after closing;

So I got the idea that there might be some sort of synchronization problem and so I tried running the internet time synch manually and take a guess ...
the *close screen error* seems to have stopped so far.

Whether it also solved the *build and destroy* problem in game or not, I won't know until I play again, but again with those problems there was a screen closing and an error occurring with those also.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 5 February 2012 - 12:51

Dang it ...
spoke too soon because the *close screen error* just occurred for me when I closed the *mpogd vote screen*.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 February 2012 - 12:52

Try a training game to see what you can find out.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 5 February 2012 - 20:25

Yeah, I did consider that, but got lazy ...
trying one now.

PS:
There's no improvement to my problem and it's pretty annoying.
Even when I destroy a pile (well that is actually when I close the little pop-up screen), the map screen closes and I get transferred to the control screen as before
and again, the same thing happens building anything.

rex

Last Edited : Sunday, 5 February 2012 - 20:39

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 27 February 2012 - 06:34

fixed

PS:
Last night I all but trashed my computer restoring all the way to back to 12/09 (my kid's birthday )btw));
and although I managed to install ie 8, nothing worked right after;

But lucky me, even my mcafee total got locked up somehow even though it was still protecting;
So gave them a call and the tech (God bless his soul) worked on my comp for 5 hours and got it working like new.

Wow all kidding aside, when I couldn't even access my emails, I felt my heart starting to break.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 27 February 2012 - 09:54

Yay!

<<   1 2        
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.167969 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap