HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 21:49  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Clan memberships
Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 12:55

I agree with No da vo completely. A system where perhaps 6-8 joined slots are open and maby 10 slots open only to auto assign. This way a clan would not be "taken over" by new players or make it so the clan can't induct more experienced players while still taking on newer players.

As for the incentives... I think it is a good idea but in a different context. We should use the auto assign for getting players into clans, incentives should be used to get clans to use their new players. Or we could make it so there is a game that requires maby 1 new player per side for every 2 vets on that clan's side (it could be an option when creating the game similar to red vs blue, standard, clan options).

Rather than giving membership for being in a clan or accepting newbs into your clan we could have clan tournaments with that prize to encourage clan activity. Having a clan ranking system would probably also increase competition and you could have a prize for the clan that won the most at the end of each week.

If we ever get to having heros in WoK we could have the prizes for these kinds of things be game tokens (god please don't let people just buy them though) which could be used to purchase heros to be used in games (make it so there is a limit of one or two heros and if ur hero dies hes gone forever but if he levels you could keep him). These tokens could be gained by getting a certain rank and to keep people from rushing with it could be made to appear after a few turns of the game have already gone by or cost gold to introduce him into the game.

Even having icons in front of peoples names or a reef around clan tag's to show where that clan or player ranks or what acheivements have been gained. All of these serve to make a more interesting game and motivate people to be more competative... even if it is a little silly

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 13:25

a 'view' option would be a big help with newbs too. A player could select "allow to view" perhaps with a pw so they could control who views their games. Only the map should be viewed by spectators keeping msg's private.

I know it's been suggested before but what a big help it would be for clan brothers to teach and guide new members.

Calpurnius
Joined 13/05/2010

Posted : Sunday, 29 August 2010 - 15:14

lot of good ideas here.

I agree with dropping in-actives from clans. keep them with active players and you may be able to expand.

The idea about an incentive to join a clan is also very good.
Instead of incentive for the clan. Let all players in a clan receive an extra troop at start of their games.

Auto membership, with auto drop.
Revolving order, simple names :
new players 1, new players 2, etc.

System clan games with ranking limits, would allow new beginners to play on an equal level and not become overwhelmed and over matched by joining games with experienced players.

I see the game averages about 10 new players a day, yet the active list always seems to remain the same.

Most certainly need to try something to encourage new players to stay.

Last Edited : Sunday, 29 August 2010 - 15:33

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 29 August 2010 - 18:03

Automatic membership in a clan is not a good idea and being able to control who goes to what clan is also out. Clan membership should be limited to 10 players each,but U can have sister clans. Study the game Tribal wars.com and see how their clan system works. We can upgrade this game with some of their ideas. I like their level system,even though it does have some limitations.

<<   1 2        
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap